Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (428298 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Prinss: 3:29pm On Aug 06, 2019
Praise the name of the lord somebody! grin

After several attempts getting 1s and 2s, finally got a 4 with a congratulatory mail to go on a transcribing spree.

I see better days ahead grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kennybelle: 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
odizeey:
which bank?
Did you not see 'CODE' in the description for the alert?

There's no code of 4-digits there. The numbers after paypal are up to 10.

Thanks for responding
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 4:04pm On Aug 06, 2019
houzing:

Me sef, I read the girl comment, come know say, no be only we dey find SR grin
we plenty. We just gat to adapt.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2019
kennybelle:

Thanks for responding
I had same issues with my access bank card.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kennybelle: 4:38pm On Aug 06, 2019
odizeey:
I had same issues with my access bank card.

This is serious. Please how were you able to resolve it, if you have?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by mike272(m): 4:45pm On Aug 06, 2019
kennybelle:

Thanks for responding

call your banks customer care you will get your paypal verification 4 code. That was how I got mind
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kennybelle: 4:58pm On Aug 06, 2019
Okay, thanks.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by safsoorg: 5:45pm On Aug 06, 2019
drawnobet:
It must've been that statement in your PS. You must have included some part of customer statement in rep's or vice versa. You can either do them on separate lines next time if they both complete their statements or just transcribe the statement that's complete whichever it is be it rep or customer and ignore the incomplete statement. Your 5s soon come. You're already diligent

Thank you very much for the tips and encouragement. Unfortunately, I have been quite busy since morning and was unable to do a make-up. Hopefully, it won't serve to bring down my ratings from now.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by safsoorg: 5:50pm On Aug 06, 2019
brijibs:

I know nothing about that second error, but, you can contact an SCC on slack and get that cleared out for us all.

This seems to be the problem:

Non-adherence to guidelines in the FAQ - ellipsis - If speakers are both starting to say something at the same time, but then one of them stops speaking, just transcribe the one that ends up speaking a complete thought.

I am still confused about what to do in a situation where one person starts talking, say the rep, gets interrupted briefly by the customer, resumes what he/she has been saying and then the customer too concludes what he/she paused in mid-sentence. How does one transcribe such?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by safsoorg: 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2019
psyqs:

If it's reversed rep or customer. They will tell you at what event ID, so click and check where you made error and if you still have the 90mins to redo, u can correct your mistake. Because that alone is an automatic 1

Thanks a lot. I believe it was due to this:

Inverted/incorrect speaker label event 43149276

Of course, it makes sense. What we do is get you in contact with our consultants. So, they just lay out everything in black and white for you. Show you all the options and that way, you can get a good idea if it would work for your home. Oh, okay. Well, right now, I'm in the middle of a class. So, you'll have to call me back. You know, I'll just make sure we got the file correct and pretty quick. It will only take about a minute here. I could [...] quick.

That is the event in question. Don't know what I did wrong. Would appreciate my ogas having a look at it.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 6:01pm On Aug 06, 2019
I don vex place order on aliexpress for the Anker soundcore life 2 with active noise cancellation..

Hopefully, it'll help me increase the amount I make weekly on qa...

5 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 6:51pm On Aug 06, 2019
kennybelle:

This is serious. Please how were you able to resolve it, if you have?
I never did.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2019
mike272:

call your banks customer care you will get your paypal verification 4 code. That was how I got mind
I think I'll try this.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 7:01pm On Aug 06, 2019
safsoorg:

Of course, it makes sense. What we do is get you in contact with our consultants. So, they just lay out everything in black and white for you. Show you all the options and that way, you can get a good idea if it would work for your home. Oh, okay. Well, right now, I'm in the middle of a class. So, you'll have to call me back. You know, I'll just make sure we got the file correct and pretty quick. It will only take about a minute here. I could [...] quick.

That is the event in question. Don't know what I did wrong. Would appreciate my ogas having a look at it.

You welcome
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by bisisho(f): 8:33pm On Aug 06, 2019
safsoorg:

It was the customer that said, "Oh, okay. Well, right now, I'm in the middle of a class. So, you'll have to call me back."

I think that was the error.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by zexzy(f): 8:50pm On Aug 06, 2019
Okay, thanks.
drawnobet:
Gbam! Also listen to the full audio so that you're sure the clip doesn't have ebola at the end. I got released from a call where I had transcribed 17 minutes already because the audio was bad towards the end of the clip. SCC said I should have listened to all statements before starting work. I am still in pains
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ayo199(m): 9:06pm On Aug 06, 2019
Guys av been a victim of missing all my transcriptions most especially when am abt finishing a long call. its very annoying
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 06, 2019
Biggieboy:

What do u mean by it's not working?
Wots d error message u get?
Thanks for reaching out,i input my email where required it was accepted on the next page where my business info is needed i input all that was needed according to the guide submitted there's a pop up showing me that, we are sorry , something seems to have gone wrong pls try again.
Its show red colum on the postal code, below is the screen shot, thanks once again.

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by KayceeBanks: 11:28pm On Aug 06, 2019
Once I've confirmed/verified my card with the 4-digit code and I'm charged #700, should I process withdrawal my PayPal balance to my UBA Africard immediately...
OR...
Should I wait till the #700 is refunded before processing withdrawal of my PayPal deposit?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 11:54pm On Aug 06, 2019
KayceeBanks:
Once I've confirmed/verified my card with the 4-digit code and I'm charged #700, should I process withdrawal my PayPal balance to my UBA Africard immediately...
OR...
Should I wait till the #700 is refunded before processing withdrawal of my PayPal deposit?

U are free to withdraw. Ur PayPal balance will be converted to naira and ur card will be credited with the naira equivalent instantly.

Don't expect alert sha...
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by KayceeBanks: 12:29am On Aug 07, 2019
thorrvik55:

U are free to withdraw. Ur PayPal balance will be converted to naira and ur card will be credited with the naira equivalent instantly.

Don't expect alert sha...
I just did. I withdrew $17 but was deducted $5 as transfer fee and ended up getting $12. Do they do this normally? As in, how much does PayPal collect as transfer fee?

Like they just took 30% off. Like wtf
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 12:33am On Aug 07, 2019
KayceeBanks:

I just did. I withdrew $17 but was deducted $5 as transfer fee and ended up getting $12. Do they do this normally? As in, how much does PayPal collect as transfer fee?

$5 for every withdrawal.

U should have like 4k in ur card now...
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by KayceeBanks: 12:36am On Aug 07, 2019
thorrvik55:

$5 for every withdrawal.

U should have like 4k in ur card now...

Oh so it's constant for every withdrawal?

Does it mean I can't withdraw $5 and below?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 3:33am On Aug 07, 2019
KayceeBanks:

Some people sef

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 5:31am On Aug 07, 2019
KayceeBanks:

People like Pau C on Slack will be like "back reading helps".

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by AmakaAnyaogu: 6:08am On Aug 07, 2019
Meanwhile, you can help yourself, by Taking advantage of the free Monthly Trading program on Volatility Index sponsored by Beverly Africa.
For more information Visit:
GiverToken.org/projects Or send an email to:
infobeverlyaba@gmail.com
encoretradingnetwork@gmail.com
beverlyfoundationafrica@gmail.com

Dateline for the free Monthly registration: Every 28th day of the month.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by LordShiva97(m): 6:13am On Aug 07, 2019
drawnobet:
The card has it's own bank account so to speak, those ten digits at the back that you pay into. I think banks are even being penalized for not including BVN in documentation now. It's needed for everything financial now

Ok thanks for the heads-up.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 6:35am On Aug 07, 2019
hausadreturn:
People like Pau C on Slack will be like "back reading helps".

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by safsoorg: 7:12am On Aug 07, 2019
bisisho:

It was the customer that said, "Oh, okay. Well, right now, I'm in the middle of a class. So, you'll have to call me back."

I think that was the error.

Just seeing that. I thought I put it under the customer tag.
Thank you
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 7:34am On Aug 07, 2019
I completed a call around 12 am. I waited for the result, but e no gree show. I had to sleep off. I woke and checked again to see 2. By that time e don pass 90 mins.
I don't think it's advisable to work on calls at nights. Na day time sure pass. This people mongo kill me.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by NEVOH: 7:55am On Aug 07, 2019
odizeey:
I completed a call around 12 am. I waited for the result, but e no gree show. I had to sleep off. I woke and checked again to see 2. By that time e don pass 90 mins.
I don't think it's advisable to work on calls at nights. Na day time sure pass. This people mongo kill me.

grin The thing tire me too, but I discovered a way around it sha. Before I sleep off, I make sure I put my data on, as well as my email notification tone on my phone(use music) where my email is synced. So whenever I recieve their email, the notification will wake me up to redo my work. Chikena.
So if you didn't link your QA world email to your phone, I think you should. It will help.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Playz(m): 9:42am On Aug 07, 2019
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15WuPcQ3uHvCYgGdgw6HP8NNInnldClYV8VBRmLJuY8I/edit
Link to the Sample Transcripts section.

This actually helped solve most of my problems. I hope it helps you too.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.