Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (422669 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 5:27pm On Aug 19, 2019
Mosesibb:
Please guys which of the Africard should I collect, the Naira Africard or the Dollar Africard

Back read. It's on page 40

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2019
brijibs:

@complicate simple issues. I'm talking about warrior+
Please tell more about it.
I heard you can earn $5 PayPal per referral, I didn't complete the process.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 5:50pm On Aug 19, 2019
nwafresh:

We'll soon vote you for SCC
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 5:51pm On Aug 19, 2019
samsard:
I heard you can earn $5 PayPal per referral, I didn't complete the process.
All those referral gigs... angry cool
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 6:14pm On Aug 19, 2019
Why will they post a 7min call on the queue... I picked the call, celebrating I'd gotten a good one... Only to find just TWO statements and no audio!
Why this?!! Now I have to wait 2hrs to pick another call... undecided
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by D1uncle: 6:23pm On Aug 19, 2019
Biritiko:

I used to run after those very short calls,e.g one to two minutes max. cos I thought they were easier . But, in reality they’re harder.
Thanks BTW.
It's very misleading to say that they are harder. It's same calls like every thing else. But they represent all the challenges you can experience in the work in general, because they are more. So just for 10minute you can do like 3/5 calls. And with shorter review period. It's like driving in city and driving in express. You can't be a better driver driving in express. It's always best to learn with the basics. Once you get those short calls. 5 would be constant.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 7:41pm On Aug 19, 2019
D1uncle:

It's very misleading to say that they are harder. It's same calls like every thing else. But they represent all the challenges you can experience in the work in general, because they are more. So just for 10minute you can do like 3/5 calls. And with shorter review period. It's like driving in city and driving in express. You can't be a better driver driving in express. It's always best to learn with the basics. Once you get those short calls. 5 would be constant.
The issue here is that my definition of “very short calls” is different from your definition of “very short calls.
When I say very short calls, I’m talking about all those useless calls that are 1minute and below .
Most of them won’t even have any rep or customer .
But, okay.
You don’t need to quote this post anymore .
I agree with you.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 7:44pm On Aug 19, 2019
odizeey:
bros. This na something went you go learn with time.

A mixture of Three different types of errors in your job will get you a two. E.g several punctuation bla bla bla, branding error(Facebuk instead of Facebook), non adherence to FAQ.

You can pay attention more on those brands and spell them correctly, Use Grammarly for sentence and punctuation, then make sure you read the FAQ well for the dos and don'ts.

A mixture of two errors can give you a three.

Note: Some errors will automatically give a 1. Read the quality ratings guidelines pdf for that.
This is true .
Segmentation, capitalisation, and punctuation errors always give me 4. I don tire for this punctuation and segmentation thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 8:23pm On Aug 19, 2019
Biritiko:

This is true .
Segmentation, capitalisation, and punctuation errors always give me 4. I don tire for this punctuation and segmentation thing.
we all dey learn.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 8:48pm On Aug 19, 2019
brijibs:

We'll soon vote you for SCC

Lol.. Abeg o.. That's another work entirely
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Itznekky: 8:56pm On Aug 19, 2019
samsard:
https://www.nairaland.com/5366553/how-generate-1000-months-less#81369609
Follow the instructions there, I'm not in anyway affiliated to the OP nor did I complete the process, but it did add my card though they too $1USD.
pls how does this help in linking card to paypal

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 8:57pm On Aug 19, 2019
Itznekky:
pls how does this help in linking card to paypal
Skipping the "internal error" hurdle

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Bussyy1(m): 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2019
Please help...I picked this call..it was normal at first, then they switched to conversation about their personal life...should transcribe that or I should omit it.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 9:46pm On Aug 19, 2019
Bussyy1:
Please help...I picked this call..it was normal at first, then they switched to conversation about their personal life...should transcribe that or I should omit it.

Transcribe it if it's between a rep and customer. If u feel it's rep to rep then release ASAP.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Bussyy1(m): 9:51pm On Aug 19, 2019
thorrvik55:

Transcribe it if it's between a rep and customer. If u feel it's rep to rep then release ASAP.
thanks so.much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by GamerXv: 10:59pm On Aug 19, 2019
Just went through the thread from 1-72 and would be starting tonight can't wait to get into the transcription world :ohehe

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Mosesibb: 11:04pm On Aug 19, 2019
nwafresh:

I read all that but didn't see anywhere it said the right one to choose or should I just tell them Africard international high. Because I understand they have Africard Naira and Africard Dollar now
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 11:11pm On Aug 19, 2019
Biritiko:

This is true .

Have you read the sample transcripts?

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 11:20pm On Aug 19, 2019
Mosesibb:

I read all that but didn't see anywhere it said the right one to choose or should I just tell them Africard international high. Because I understand they have Africard Naira and Africard Dollar now

It's the Naira own
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 11:20pm On Aug 19, 2019
Mosesibb:

Everything u need to know about africard:

nwafresh:

Forget about you having a UBA verve or GT mastercard. Just go to my post on page 40 and read on how to get a UBA PREPAID NAIRA CARD (AFRICARD) that's what we use. It's different from your normal bank account you opened. Just CAREFULLY read my post on PAGE 40, go to the bank tomorrow and open it then come back for help. Remember the emphasis i laid on "CAREFULLY" if not, you might be going back to the bank for another card.

This is it ���
With my experience so far, i guess it will help a lot folks that are yet to get their prepaid card..

1. Make sure that your billing address on paypal will be the same with the one you'll fill during the card application. If your PayPal address is not correct, you can edit it (i edited mine)
2. Request for the card from the customer service before he starts filling the details online. Once the card is with you, check the back of the envelope and see if what is written is INTERNATIONAL HIGH. if not, don't allow the personnel to continue with the process online.(i had same issue. I didn't check the back of the envelope and the guy ended up giving me LOCAL HIGH. So please ensure you collect the card envelope and check before he proceeds )
3. If the account (INTERNATIONAL HIGH) is successful, ensure you deposit at least #2000.

4. Once step 1-3 is correctly followed, you can now proceed with both the linking and confirmation.

thorrvik55:

If u get the dollar africard and u withdraw in dollar, which Nigerian ATM machine wan pay u in dollar? grin

Abi, do u plan on going to a country dat uses dollar as their currency anytime soon?

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Celebsnews: 12:06am On Aug 20, 2019
nwafresh:

Lol.. Abeg o.. That's another work entirely
The person suggested that role for you because you're alway harsh when newbies try asking questions. To think you also learnt from the old good samaritans here, who were always willing to answer your questions is saddening.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 12:41am On Aug 20, 2019
Celebsnews:

The person suggested that role for you because you're alway harsh when newbies try asking questions. To think you also learnt from the old good samaritans here, who were always willing to answer your questions is saddening.
I taught I was the only one that noticed the harsh attitude they show towards new members, I begin to wonder the purpose of the thread in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biggieboy: 12:57am On Aug 20, 2019
Celebsnews:

SUPERPACK:
I taught I was the only one that noticed the harsh attitude they show towards new members, I begin to wonder the purpose of the thread in the first place.

What do u mean by harsh?

I don't see how telling someone to check the FAQ or to back read relates to that person being harsh.

We all try to help one another here, but we should at least be able to help ourselves when it comes to those basic things. If u are new, skimming through the first 30 pages of this thread would give u an idea on what to expect and some possible questions u might have initially.

There is a lot of information on this thread and in the FAQ. Reading the FAQ once does not cut it.
The FAQ is something you'll always have to make reference until u get to the point where u don't need it anymore.

QA transcription is not for everyone. If u can't find the time to read through FAQ every once in a while then don't even bother going into it cos it'll be a waste of time for you.

6 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 12:59am On Aug 20, 2019
generationz:

Have you read the sample transcripts?
Videos?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 1:02am On Aug 20, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Try to start asking all your questions on slack from now on.
Then you will know the meaning of harsh .

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 1:17am On Aug 20, 2019
SUPERPACK:

grin grin grin grin grin

lol. Some ppl sha...
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 3:13am On Aug 20, 2019
I didn’t know there’s another FC that’s not U.K. sha .
See as call clear wella with confirm American accent wey sweet for ear grin

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Folarinibrahim1(m): 3:59am On Aug 20, 2019
To the bosses in the house :

Trying to open a PayPal account, South Africa but am stucked at the postal code. It keeps rejecting all the postal code I tried.

Am I doing something wrong?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 5:52am On Aug 20, 2019
Celebsnews:

Lol...So, telling someone to back read is now being harsh abi? Well, if he decides not to read, he'll have to learn from his own mistakes rather than others who already made same here and was provided with solutions. Most newbie here won't even read at least first 10 pages not to even talk about the FAQ. I had to screen shot the format of transcribing phone number after someone said he couldn't find it on FAQ. He now said, he read it but wasn't sure undecided undecided. Lack of back reading also made someone to start looking for a home lesson teacher that will teach him how to transcribe even with all the information here.. grin grin and was charged 60% of his earnings... So, oga Celebsnews, encourage them to at least read so as to avoid unnecessary questions and costly mistakes. Peace brother.

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 6:01am On Aug 20, 2019
Folarinibrahim1:
To the bosses in the house :

Trying to open a PayPal account, South Africa but am stucked at the postal code. It keeps rejecting all the postal code I tried.

Am I doing something wrong?

Now, try opening it without the postal code and see. Asin fill everything and skip the postal code. I had same issue and that was how I resolved mine. I later went and insert it after the entire registration.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 7:15am On Aug 20, 2019
Celebsnews:

My dear, the importance of back reading can not be over emphasized.
In this line of work, we read and read again. When I started, I through the whole thread. And when I had issues, I remembered someone had mentioned same issue and it was treated on the thread, so, I simply back read and passed the hurdle. Not until I had set both my accounts did I post a comment to thank all the participants of the thread.
I made that comment as a joke and he understood well. Being in this line of work, requires steady reading. I, for one, don't like to ask unnecessary questions too, especially if it's something I can find on my own.
After 1 month in this work, I still visit the FAQ once in a while. I had it printed, so as to make reference to it whenever.
If you want to see harsh response, try asking an unnecessary question on Slack!
It pays to read. Its free to read.
We had thought about moving to WhatsApp or Telegram, but for the sake of newbies joining later, we decided to maintain this thread. So, anyone who stumbles on this thread will, like I did, read through this thread. And you don't necessarily have to read the whole 72 pages, 1 - 30 is enough to take care of any challenges you might encounter.
Let's make money and not enemies, please.
Peace! cool cool cool

NB. My first epistle... shocked grin

9 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 20, 2019
Good morning house...

Pls,my PayPal account refuses to recognize both my Zenith & Polaris visa cards when I tried to verify it.Tho,there was no cash in there as at then when I wanted to verify it initially, but when the cash came in,I also tried to verify again but its still not going.I am using a Lesotho PayPal acct.I opened for a friend in Lag and his acct was verify immediately using Access Visa card after a deduction of about #400.

Now,I would like to ask those who verified through routine number of their banks.Pls,can anyone give me the routing number of any of these banks;Zenith bank Polaris bank or Access bank as the case maybe(I just opened an Access bank account this morning on my bed).

I have already started using the PayPal acct to receive funds tho and a lot is inside now.So,pls,kindly help so I can link it to my bank account without any stress again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.