Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (424459 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biggieboy: 3:11am On Aug 19, 2019
Ayo199:
chai! so PayPal will deduct $5 dollar for withdrawals. is it just a onetime thing or anytime I initiate withdraw

U can sell to exchangers if the amount u are withdrawing is not that much.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 6:35am On Aug 19, 2019
Biggieboy:

U can sell to exchangers if the amount u are withdrawing is not that much.
How does this work?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 6:35am On Aug 19, 2019
Does anyone know about VPN for laptops?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 7:05am On Aug 19, 2019
Biritiko:
Useless short calls just full everywhere.
Let me Goan sleep jare angry
Highest na 0.8 minutes shocked
grin Those ones dey hard when inaudible dey and small punctuation mistake and you get marked down

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 7:05am On Aug 19, 2019
Bosses in the house, please share some tips on how to be better with this frequent rating notes.
- Several punctuation, sentence construction/segmentation errors
It’s costing me 5 ratings.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 7:06am On Aug 19, 2019
brijibs:

How does this work?
you transfer the funds to them and they pay you for what you sent excluding whatever PayPal deducts.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 7:07am On Aug 19, 2019
samsard:
grin Those ones dey hard when inaudible dey and small punctuation mistake and you get marked down
Or they’ll say intro or very short exchange between speakers, automatic 1 be that. I don learn , I run away from them now grin

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 7:09am On Aug 19, 2019
Biritiko:

Or they’ll say intro or very short exchange between speakers, automatic 1 be that. I don learn , I run away from them now grin
Aswear, their technicalities too much grin

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 7:18am On Aug 19, 2019
samsard:
you transfer the funds to them and they pay you for what you sent excluding whatever PayPal deducts.
So, there's PayPal deductions involved still?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 7:33am On Aug 19, 2019
brijibs:

You don’t want PayPal to make any money?
How will they pay their staff? grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biggieboy: 9:11am On Aug 19, 2019
brijibs:

The deductions are minimal. If the funds u are withdrawing are not much, if u do.the math u will find out it's better to sell to exchangers than to withdraw directly from PayPal.

Before Drawnobet came up with this africard stuff, dat is how we used to withdraw our money from PayPal.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 9:54am On Aug 19, 2019
brijibs:
Does anyone know about VPN for laptops?
Just download the app na.
Anyone you want to use, and then pay .
Nord, HMA, etc
Or you can add free windscribe extension to your chrome
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:00am On Aug 19, 2019
brijibs:

Yeah, but a lot less. $0.33 + 0.03% of the amount sent.
If sent 10USD they deduct 33 cents + 0.03% of the amount ($0.30 in this case) so they'll get about $9.36.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:01am On Aug 19, 2019
Biggieboy:

The deductions are minimal. If the funds u are withdrawing are not much, if u do.the math u will find out it's better to sell to exchangers than to withdraw directly from PayPal.

Before Drawnobet came up with this africard stuff, dat is how we used to withdraw our money from PayPal.
For wothdrawals less than $30USD, that's the best way (assuming the selling price per $USD is 300 Naira to a dollar.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by renewable1(m): 10:12am On Aug 19, 2019
Be your own boss.. Help millions of Nigerians have access to minimum 12 hours power supply daily.

https://www.nairaland.com/5367622/solar-mobile-generator-distributors-dealers
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by D1uncle: 10:14am On Aug 19, 2019
Biritiko:
Bosses in the house, please share some tips on how to be better with this frequent rating notes.

It’s costing me 5 ratings.

Apart from reading the FAQ. You can't really get better if you avoid those short calls.
That's what makes you improve. Because with no distance time you do several calls with different written note to learn from.
Very short exchange between customers. Is actually telling you that you should have released that calls because no conversation take place. No introduction, no exchange of details etc.
Several punctuation error. Has to do with the calls you are picking. Some speakers are generally bad with their grammar. But you are expected to make minimum changes to make the sentence correct. So always read your transcripts to make sure it's grammatically correct. You learn faster with a short call. You can't really get better if you don't perfect those short calls.
Always listen to the rating note.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:32am On Aug 19, 2019
D1uncle:

Apart from reading the FAQ. You can't really get better if you avoid those short calls.
That's what makes you improve. Because with no distance time you do several calls with different written note to learn from.
Very short exchange between customers. Is actually telling you that you should have released that calls because no conversation take place. No introduction, no exchange of details etc.
Several punctuation error. Has to do with the calls you are picking. Some speakers are generally bad with their grammar. But you are expected to make minimum changes to make the sentence correct. So always read your transcripts to make sure it's grammatically correct. You learn faster with a short call. You can't really get better if you don't perfect those short calls.
Always lesson to the rating note.
True tho. But I've outgrown those now. They showed me shege back then.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by toluxe0075: 10:40am On Aug 19, 2019
samsard:
Mine has been added by mere chance. I was trying to sign up on a platform and they requested my PayPal for payment which I provided, then they requested debit card and I added it and boom! There it is on my PayPal waiting for confirmation code
Please o, I want to sign up to that platform too, perhaps PayPal will have mercy on me and let me add my card o grin I've emailed them, engage them on social media, call them (they didn't pick up). It's really getting tiring and frustrating o. And I need money so badly. cry
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Spade07: 10:53am On Aug 19, 2019
Today have been a good day. Normal calls flooding my screen.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:08am On Aug 19, 2019
toluxe0075:

Please o, I want to sign up to that platform too, perhaps PayPal will have mercy on me and let me add my card o grin I've emailed them, engage them on social media, call them (they didn't pick up). It's really getting tiring and frustrating o. And I need money so badly. cry
Okay. Hold on a minute.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:20am On Aug 19, 2019
toluxe0075:

warriorplus. com
I can't find the Nairaland thread that introduced the platform

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 11:21am On Aug 19, 2019
D1uncle:

Always lesson to the rating note.
I used to run after those very short calls,e.g one to two minutes max. cos I thought they were easier . But, in reality they’re harder.
Thanks BTW.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:24am On Aug 19, 2019
toluxe0075:

https://www.nairaland.com/5366553/how-generate-1000-months-less#81369609
Follow the instructions there, I'm not in anyway affiliated to the OP nor did I complete the process, but it did add my card though they too $1USD.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Abagi: 11:25am On Aug 19, 2019
out of all these google digital stuff we learnt, this one is better. https://nairax.net (40296 is your ref no.) They give you a quiz by solving simple maths questions, you answer, you earn points, you withdraw your points as cash or airtime (use 40296 as your referrer pass)
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:27am On Aug 19, 2019
Abagi:
out of all these google digital stuff we learnt, this one is better. (40296 is your ref no.) They give you a quiz by solving simple maths questions, you answer, you earn points, you withdraw your points as cash or airtime (use 40296 as your referrer pass)
No advertising on the thread, please.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 11:37am On Aug 19, 2019
samsard:
Yeah, but a lot less. $0.33 + 0.03% of the amount sent.
If sent 10USD they deduct 33 cents + 0.03% of the amount ($0.30 in this case) so they'll get about $9.36.
I'm terrible at Maths, please. Suppose, I wanrlt to sell $100, how would you advice I proceed?

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 11:38am On Aug 19, 2019
samsard:
https://www.nairaland.com/5366553/how-generate-1000-months-less#81369609
Follow the instructions there, I'm not in anyway affiliated to the OP nor did I complete the process, but it did add my card though they too $1USD.
More on this, please.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:42am On Aug 19, 2019
brijibs:

I'm terrible at Maths, please. Suppose, I wanrlt to sell $100, how would you advice I proceed?
Just use the Africard, it's a better deal at $100 or demand a better exchange than N300 to a dollar, you qualify at that amount.
But charges on sending the funds to a seller would be just $3.33.

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 11:52am On Aug 19, 2019
brijibs:

Don't think twice about it. Withdraw to ur africard. If it's less than $20 then it's a bit cheaper to sell at a rate not less than 300naira per dollar.

Assuming u want to sell $20 to an exchanger at a rate of 300naira per dollar, u'll get $20*300= 6000naira (I did not consider the little charge paypal take for transfers here).

If u want to withdraw $20 to ur africard, u'll get $15*360= 5400naira(minus the $5 paypal charge).

If it's $30 u want to sell at rate of #300, it'll be $30*300=9000naira (not considering the small charge paypal collect for transfers).

If u are to withdraw $30 to ur africard it'll be 25*360=9000naira(minus the $5 paypal charge)

From the calculations above u'll see that if u are withdrawing up to $30 or more it's better to use the africard, but if it's around $10 to $20 it's cheaper to sell to exchangers.

6 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:55am On Aug 19, 2019
brijibs:

If you used the Africard you'd get N34,200 after the deduction of the $5. With the exchangers it's first of all $100-$3.33 then times whatever exchange rate you both agree on.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:56am On Aug 19, 2019
thorrvik55:

Don't think twice about it. Withdraw to ur africard. If it's less than $20 then it's a bit cheaper to sell at a rate not less than 300naira per dollar.

Assuming u want to sell $20 to an exchanger at a rate of 300naira per dollar, u'll get $20*300= 6000naira (I did not consider the little charge paypal take for transfers here).

If u want to withdraw $20 to ur africard, u'll get $15*360= 5400naira(minus the $5 paypal charge).

If it's $30 u want to sell at rate of #300, it'll be $30*300=9000naira (not considering the small charge paypal collect for transfers).

If u are to withdraw $30 to ur africard it'll be 25*360=9000naira(minus the $5 paypal charge)

From the calculations above u'll see that if u are withdrawing up to $30 or more it's better to use the africard, but if it's around $10 to $20 it's cheaper to sell to exchangers.
Perfect analysis.

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 11:57am On Aug 19, 2019
Thanks a lot guys. This clears things up. I'll go for the Africard as soon as possible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.