Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1443755 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (1440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Midex88(m): 12:34pm On May 26, 2020
thormeydey:

Thanks bro. Just checked and it is in Nigeria. The wait is almost over

Over to AliExpress to do the needful

Ok. We have noted. Thanks
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by starprince71: 1:51pm On May 26, 2020
Mine is 110 now but in Lagos just chill till after lockdown
Carmal90:
Today make it 90 days since I paid for my phone on AliExpress...

Pls can you suggest any alternative should incase I want to buy phone offline?
Regards
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Royalcandy: 2:17pm On May 26, 2020
Carmal90:
Today make it 90 days since I paid for my phone on AliExpress...

Pls can you suggest any alternative should incase I want to buy phone offline?
Regards

Please is it showing despatch to overseas if yes for how long now
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by semid4lyfe(m): 3:33pm On May 26, 2020
I ordered 2 items from Aliexpress on the 16th and 19th of this month. Chose Aliexpress Standard shipping (Singapore Post) for both items.

Today, 10 and 7 days later, both items have "departed country of origin" .

I consider this very good considering the prevailing circumstances.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Raptor2cool: 3:38pm On May 26, 2020
for how long are we going to wait? is the lockdown finally going to relaxing next week? does it mean were are going to get call from post office next? please I need answers

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by bigrovar(m): 4:21pm On May 26, 2020
Raptor2cool:
for how long are we going to wait?
is the lockdown finally going to relaxing next week?
does it mean were are going to get call from post office next?
please I need answers

Lol at "I need answers" Baba we all here are just figuring it out as you are. No one has the answer. If you can not wait, don't buy from aliexpress. Nothing is certain no one has any answer for you.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Carmal90(m): 4:36pm On May 26, 2020
Royalcandy:

Please is it showing despatch to overseas if yes for how long now
Yes,
42 days now.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by bigrovar(m): 4:57pm On May 26, 2020
More information on DHL situation from China / Hong Kong
"people found DHL seems fast and can pass the customs under current situation. Due to this, it has a warehouse explosion. There are no shipping spaces available for all the packages. That's why it was not processed and being held in Hongkong. It's gonna take some time so please be patient on this matter. Thank you"

I got that from a reliable contact who works in DHL and is aware of the situation.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by LaCremy: 4:57pm On May 26, 2020
Is this item in Nigeria, please?

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by bigrovar(m): 4:59pm On May 26, 2020
bigrovar:
More information on DHL situation from China / Hong Kong
"people found DHL seems fast and can pass the customs under current situation. Due to this, it has a warehouse explosion. There are no shipping spaces available for all the packages. That's why it was not processed and being held in Hongkong. It's gonna take some time so please be patient on this matter. Thank you"

I got that from a reliable contact who works in DHL and is aware of the situation.
Gonna be a long long wait friends. Sit tight smiley
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by kingzleyz: 5:04pm On May 26, 2020
Finally DHL don pick up

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by bigrovar(m): 5:25pm On May 26, 2020
kingzleyz:
Finally DHL don pick up
congratulations cheesy .. how long did it take? and what is the update saying now? I think you can now start counting down.. in the next 7-8 days your item go land. If it lands in 7 days time I guess one can say your item took about 3 weeks ... from the day DHL receieved information and about a month since you bought the item.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by semid4lyfe(m): 5:53pm On May 26, 2020
bigrovar:

I had this conversation with a friend recently.. And this use to be my guiding principles for buying TV. This use to be a good strategy some years back (say 2014 maybe even 2015) now adays though, the bigger screen tv all come with smart features and in fact it is nolonger a premium addon for tv, you would be hard pressed to find a tv without some sort of smartness in them. In fact anyone you find is most likely an offbrand no name TV maker (think some no name android phone maker) and you are best to avoid those ones.

Adding smart features to TV has gotten so damn cheap that every manufacturer squeezes one into their set (The cut cost by installing a weak audio production - which is what has lead to the growth of sound bars) Unless you want to get 32 inches -- I don't even think you can find any 40+ screen from any of the major brands without smart features.

In all when buying a tv remember that tv is not something you change easily like a smart phone, try and get something that is at least future proof for about 5-8 years.. Features to watch out for include:

ARC (Audio return channel)
Multiple HDMI Input
CEC- enabled HDMI (usually come with ARC)
Screen with good local dimming and less of blooming (Deep, uniform blacks.)
Excellent low input lag. (good for gaming)
Support for HDR
at least 700 nit brightness

Nice to have features include
Dolby Vision
Wireless Networking and RJ45
High Refresh Rate (120hz) a most if you intend to game with your tv

And for gods sake make sure your tv is 4k.. If you can not afford a 4k, don't buy it now.
Some of the above features you may not need now, but trust me, you will appreciate them as it makes your tv future proof.

Wireless Support

Nexcarfini:

#True. Thank you.
But don't you think 4k is dependant on the screen size you're going for. Dimensionally speaking. You can't fit 4096 by 2160p into anything lesser than 40inches, that's why most manufacturers don't do it.(You eyes won't see the difference).
A 1080p 40inch, might display better imagery than a 75inch 4k display because of things like contrast ratio and the number of pixels per inch.
Basically the bigger the screen the more pixels it needs for a better display.
I think it's dependant on the size of the tv, if I wanted to get a 50inch tv, it must definitely would be 4k, but a 1080p 32 - 40 inch is still not a bad deal. I think...

In 2016, I got a 48 inches Samsung Smart TV, UE48H6400 model to be specific.

It developed a fault mid 2019 which was eventually diagnosed to be a screen problem. I was billed 70k for the repair.

What did I do?

I packed it back in its carton and got a 40" Hisense Full HD TV from jumia a month later for 66k.

Coped the Beelink GTking Pro via Aliexpress, hooked it up to the TV and I was like "why I buy smart tv in the first place" cos the android TV box is so much "smarter" than the smart TV.

It's only now I'm thinking of repairing the smart tv because omugo beckons and I don't want any conflict between my 2yr old and MIL who are addicted to Disney Junior and Africa Magic Yoruba respectively. grin

Back to topic

You're right, OP is right.

Just browsed through jumia and konga and the only large screen size non-smart TVs I saw were a 50" Hisense Full HD (2018 model) and a 49" LG Full HD and for the prices, OP is better off buying a smart tv.

Seems manufacturers now incorporate smart technology into TVs from 32 inches and above.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by kingzleyz: 6:20pm On May 26, 2020
bigrovar:

congratulations cheesy .. how long did it take? and what is the update saying now? I think you can now start counting down.. in the next 7-8 days your item go land. If it lands in 7 days time I guess one can say your item took about 3 weeks ... from the day DHL receieved information and about a month since you bought the item.

Today made it 14days ....and its showing in transit..

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by moses500: 6:40pm On May 26, 2020
I made payment on AliExpress with my Sterling Visa card last year November 2019.

The transaction failed but I was debited.

Later, my money was refunded.

After 5months, I received a debit alert on the same refunded money from the bank that AliExpress had taken the money.

Just imagine this!

I am just confuse.

Complained to the bank yet they said AliExpress took the money.

What should I do please?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by bigrovar(m): 7:04pm On May 26, 2020
kingzleyz:

Today made it 14days ....and its showing in transit..
since it was shipped or since it started showing up in the dhl page?.. I think things should accelerate now smiley
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by bigrovar(m): 7:05pm On May 26, 2020
moses500:
I made payment on AliExpress with my Sterling Visa card last year November 2019.

After 5months, I received a debit alert on the same refunded money from the bank that AliExpress had taken the money.

Just imagine this!

I am just confuse.

What should I do please?

Take it up with the aliexpress customer care, u can use the chat bot at the bottom right of your screen and select chat with an agent.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by xamiel4(m): 7:07pm On May 26, 2020
semid4lyfe:
I ordered 2 items from Aliexpress on the 16th and 19th of this month. Chose Aliexpress Standard shipping (Singapore Post) for both items.

Today, 10 and 7 days later, both items have "departed country of origin" .

I consider this very good considering the prevailing circumstances.

Has it arrived Singapore yet?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by kingzleyz: 7:29pm On May 26, 2020
bigrovar:

since it was shipped or since it started showing up in the dhl page?.. I think things should accelerate now smiley

Since it was shipped... Made payment on aliexpress on 13th of dis month.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by iKingsley(m): 7:37pm On May 26, 2020
moses500:

Just imagine this!

I am just confuse.

What should I do please?
Hello brother, do not take it lightly with the bank! I repeat, do not take it lightly with the bank!

I had an experience similar to this.
After paying for an order, I later changed my mind and cancelled it and was refunded, 2 to 3 weeks later, I got a debit with the same statement as when I was refunded. I checked my balance and it was less by the amount debited.

I went to the nearest Ecobank branch and complained to the CR. I had to request for statement of account and I realized the 'debited' refund was still in the same column with credited funds instead of in the debited funds.

The dumb costumer representative made the most horrible statement that the people who refunded me (Aliexpress) are the one who took the money back. I was like how is it even possible? The order I cancelled was never shipped and the seller assented to it. How come they are taking it back.

I had to contact from Aliexpress customers representative and they made it clear that once they have issued a refund, they can't reverse it. And I believed them. It's as you paying money into someone's account and later you change your mind and you decide to take it back without the beneficiary's consent. It doesn't work that way.

I believe you still have the refunded order on your order list. Find the ARN number of the processed refund; get your statement of account from when you made the order and when you were refunded and debited. Take it to the section of your bank in charge of charge-back , with the ARN number, they can locate your refund faster
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by iKingsley(m): 7:40pm On May 26, 2020
bigrovar:

Take it up with the aliexpress customer care, u can use the chat bot at the bottom right of your screen and select chat with an agent.
once Aliexpress has issued refund, they can't reverse it. Normally, they give ARN number to processed refund for easy location

Did you also know, Aliexpress will refund you but your fund will be hanging with your bank for days, weeks before they (banks) release it to the owner. The problems is with his bank
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by bigrovar(m): 7:44pm On May 26, 2020
kingzleyz:

Since it was shipped... Made payment on aliexpress on 13th of dis month.
aahh u are on track then, ETA for DHL from HK to Nig is 15-45 days so you are within scope.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by iKingsley(m): 7:48pm On May 26, 2020
bigrovar:
aahh u are on track then, ETA for DHL from HK to Nig is 15-45 days so you are within scope.
if his order has been picked up, normally, it should arrive Nigeria in 2 to 3 days. It's other circumstances like customs, weather and holidays that can delay it further for delivery
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by SpeedRacer(m): 7:56pm On May 26, 2020
Oga , I don’t know for the sellers but we all can see some people are getting their goods while others aren’t .
When the time comes to leave feedback it’s 1 Star because the people that are sending parcels out ASAP and not using DHL don’t have two heads .

iKingsley:
so, if you were a seller on Aliexpress and you know the shippers that could deliver your items to your client quicker , you would take the one that would delay. Sellers suffer delays too. Do you think they don't desire to get their money soon? The problems is with courier/shipper, not seller

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by SpeedRacer(m): 8:01pm On May 26, 2020
bigrovar:

Actually, some sellers choose slower shippers to pay less. I have learned to not just focus on the item rating but to also check the rating for the seller, particularly shipping speed. I make a note never to order from a seller whose ship speed rating is less than 4.6 stars.

Thanks you for this , this is why I always enter dialogue before buying to ask for fast shipping and it hasn’t let me down till this One now
I bought a shoe in early December and it came in less than 2 weeks it wasn’t DHL that shipped it
I work in air freight and I know some people will give consolidated shippers your goods to transport . This is the worst form as These ones ship by volume and will not move till they have that volume they don’t care how long it will take , if their volume isn’t met nothing moves

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by SpeedRacer(m): 8:08pm On May 26, 2020
iKingsley:
did you know that some who use DHL get there orders in 3 to 4 days while some wait almost two weeks? So, if you paid a seller to use express shipping and he uses Aliexpress standard shipping, (which is relatively slower), you can open dispute. I still feel delay is from courier not seller. It is the Seller's job to get your items ready and send to courier who then makes the delivery

The seller is the one that should do his homework
He would have colleagues who sell also and have been making deliveries . I’m not talking about DHL
There are other shippers out there moving items steadily with little delay
Why will you had item over to a courier who since 12th of April hasn’t given any update on parcel
I get there’s covid and all but how many days will they use to process shipping
Everyday cargo flights land even special passenger flights have started landing . My issue is with seller, His one star review is patently waiting for him the way I’m patiently awaiting my packages
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by kingzleyz: 8:10pm On May 26, 2020
bigrovar:

Yea

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by iKingsley(m): 8:10pm On May 26, 2020
SpeedRacer:
Oga , I don’t know for the sellers but we all can see some people are getting their goods while others aren’t .
When the time comes to leave feedback it’s 1 Star because the people that are sending parcels out ASAP and not using DHL don’t have two heads .

you should note that all sellers are not locked in one location. Because A shipped first and B got its delivered first doesn't mean A should be blamed for late delivery. There are lots of factors playing out
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by kingzleyz: 8:11pm On May 26, 2020
iKingsley:
if his order has been picked up, normally, it should arrive Nigeria in 2 to 3 days. It's other circumstances like customs, weather and holidays that can delay it further for delivery

Probably next week e go enter my hand sha..
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by SpeedRacer(m): 8:11pm On May 26, 2020
jboixxx:
You don't even need to feel, lol. Each store has its own processing time and we can only wish that orders are processed as fast as possible despite the timeline given. I know of stores that process and ready orders for pickup within 12-24hrs, at least, my orders.

Where issues are, mostly, is the time order was made, proximity of store to the chosen courier, courier processing style, local customs

I have an order I made on 2nd of March, dispatched on 4th, handed over to airline on 14th, but spent a month at that stage and arrived 9ja 12/05. This order was shipped using AliExpress Standard Shipping (EMS Singapore). Should I still blame the seller? HELL NO!

I blame the seller because he should have done his homework. Handing over items to couriers that will use months in processing makes no sense at all especially after how urgent the order was communicated to you and you agreed to it
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by SpeedRacer(m): 8:13pm On May 26, 2020
bigrovar:

This is true for he most part, but sellers still have a role to play in how fast your product gets shipped. 1, most sellers are in fact drop shippers without stock so when you place an order, they then go sort out the item to fulfil your order. This can take days, sellers who have goods in stock, ship within 24 hours. The next stage is the company that pics up the order and takes it to the post office, this is usually handled by a 3rd party company, they pick the order and deliver it to the courier office.. In this stage, some agent have better connect with the post office and can get your product out faster.. this good connect cost extra.

I got all this information from an Aliexpress seller who did an AMA on Reddit.

This is why shipping speed rating of a seller is very important. It is also important to have a conversation with the seller to know if he has goods in stock and how fast he ships. This conversation can be used against him in a potential dispute.

I have receipts all of all this when I told seller it was urgent and he agreed to ship ASAP only got item to be with airline since 4th of April with no update
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by SpeedRacer(m): 8:15pm On May 26, 2020
fibonacci2526:
Y'all should be patient, AliExpress shipping is not for the faint hearted even when things were great. Less worries cos there is nothing y'all can do about it because it's out of your control.

Buyer feedback is in my control he will get his 1 Star plus pictures of our conversation

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (1440) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

Viewing this topic: AutomaticMotors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.