Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,979 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1456871 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (1443) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by toksade203: 6:34pm On May 25, 2020
jboixxx:
Not advisable but if you can't wait 3months or more, go ahead.

Lol bro, still the same thing.. He’d still wait.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Nexcarfini: 6:36pm On May 25, 2020
Guys a quick one before I make a purchase..

Android TV vs regular Smart Tv, which is better?

Also anybody here with experience on the TCL S6500 tv?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 6:41pm On May 25, 2020
toksade203:

Lol bro, still the same thing.. He’d still wait.
Meant to write CAN

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by lavenderjade(m): 7:25pm On May 25, 2020
dex711:

Does the held by custom mean what u meant by handed over to custom?

Yeah
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by toksade203: 7:33pm On May 25, 2020
jboixxx:
Meant to write CAN
If he decides to buy the item after the whole lockdown ishh = He waited

If he decides to buy now and track= He’s still gon wait & will get the item before the first option .

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by SpeedRacer(m): 7:44pm On May 25, 2020
bigrovar:

I think I have been lucky, items which were ordered on the 12th may, and shipped on the 13th Despatched to destination country on 20th may which is about 6 days since shipped, 2 items from 2 different sellers actually. Even the item i got on the 18th of April (and which uses economic non registered mail) has left the country. I used Ali express shipper if it helps anyone.

This is the reason why I’m pissed with the seller of my screen
There are ways around this, yes there will be delays but not the one where your items sit for 2 to 3 months before it’s sent overseas or dispatched to destination country . If I ever get these orders I’m dropping 1 Star with very bad reviews because they know the shippers that are able to ship out immediately and those that are waiting for pax flights to resume .
Honestly it’s not making any sense j
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by iKingsley(m): 8:16pm On May 25, 2020
SpeedRacer:

This is the reason why I’m pissed with the seller of my screen
There are ways around this, yes there will be delays but not the one where your items sit for 2 to 3 months before it’s sent overseas or dispatched to destination country . If I ever get these orders I’m dropping 1 Star with very bad reviews because they [/b]know the shippers that are able to ship out immediately and those that are waiting for pax flights to resume[b] .
Honestly it’s not making any sense j
so, if you were a seller on Aliexpress and you know the shippers that could deliver your items to your client quicker , you would take the one that would delay. Sellers suffer delays too. Do you think they don't desire to get their money soon? The problems is with courier/shipper, not seller

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 8:29pm On May 25, 2020
toksade203:

If he decides to buy the item after the whole lockdown ishh = He waited

If he decides to buy now and track= He’s still gon wait & will get the item before the first option .
You're right but not all can wait that long!!
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by kingzleyz: 8:41pm On May 25, 2020
cry cry cry
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by semid4lyfe(m): 9:31pm On May 25, 2020
Nexcarfini:
Guys a quick one before I make a purchase..

Android TV vs regular Smart Tv, which is better?

Also anybody here with experience on the TCL S6500 tv?

Neither.

Buy a bigger screen size non-smart Full HD TV, add some money to the change and get an android TV box.

For Android TV boxes, I recommend the Beelink GTking Pro and UGOOS AM6 Pro.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Nexcarfini: 10:31pm On May 25, 2020
semid4lyfe:

Neither.

Buy a bigger screen size non-smart Full HD TV, add some money to the change and buy an android TV box.

Hmmm, a very good point to look at, thank you sir.
The one thing I consider greatly tho is the user experience, wondering if the boxes offer optimal performance like the specifically designed OS for the Android tvs.
I'll do my homework before buying anyways.
Thanks.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by bigrovar(m): 10:55pm On May 25, 2020
iKingsley:
so, if you were a seller on Aliexpress and you know the shippers that could deliver your items to your client quicker , you would take the one that would delay. Sellers suffer delays too. Do you think they don't desire to get their money soon? The problems is with courier/shipper, not seller
Actually, some sellers choose slower shippers to pay less. I have learned to not just focus on the item rating but to also check the rating for the seller, particularly shipping speed. I make a note never to order from a seller whose ship speed rating is less than 4.6 stars.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by BoldassBadasser(m): 11:07pm On May 25, 2020
Good evening bosses! Please has anyone from other states asides Lagos and abuja received any call to come pick up their items from nipost since this month?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by TrebleChamp(m): 3:48am On May 26, 2020
semid4lyfe:

Neither.

Buy a bigger screen size non-smart Full HD TV, add some money to the change and get an android TV box.

Pls is it true that Android TV box consume a lot of data? Thanks
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by bigrovar(m): 5:25am On May 26, 2020
semid4lyfe:

Neither.

I had this conversation with a friend recently.. And this use to be my guiding principles for buying TV. This use to be a good strategy some years back (say 2014 maybe even 2015) now adays though, the bigger screen tv all come with smart features and in fact it is nolonger a premium addon for tv, you would be hard pressed to find a tv without some sort of smartness in them. In fact anyone you find is most likely an offbrand no name TV maker (think some no name android phone maker) and you are best to avoid those ones.

Adding smart features to TV has gotten so damn cheap that every manufacturer squeezes one into their set (The cut cost by installing a weak audio production - which is what has lead to the growth of sound bars) Unless you want to get 32 inches -- I don't even think you can find any 40+ screen from any of the major brands without smart features.

In all when buying a tv remember that tv is not something you change easily like a smart phone, try and get something that is at least future proof for about 5-8 years.. Features to watch out for include:

ARC (Audio return channel)
Multiple HDMI Input
CEC- enabled HDMI (usually come with ARC)
Screen with good local dimming and less of blooming (Deep, uniform blacks.)
Excellent low input lag. (good for gaming)
Support for HDR
at least 700 nit brightness

Nice to have features include
Dolby Vision
Wireless Networking and RJ45
High Refresh Rate (120hz) a most if you intend to game with your tv

And for gods sake make sure your tv is 4k.. If you can not afford a 4k, don't buy it now.
Some of the above features you may not need now, but trust me, you will appreciate them as it makes your tv future proof.

Wireless Support

7 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by iKingsley(m): 6:24am On May 26, 2020
bigrovar:

Actually, some sellers choose slower shippers to pay less. I have learned to not just focus on the item rating but to also check the rating for the seller, particularly shipping speed. I make a note never to order from a seller whose ship speed rating is less than 4.6 stars.

did you know that some who use DHL get there orders in 3 to 4 days while some wait almost two weeks? So, if you paid a seller to use express shipping and he uses Aliexpress standard shipping, (which is relatively slower), you can open dispute. I still feel delay is from courier not seller. It is the Seller's job to get your items ready and send to courier who then makes the delivery

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 7:14am On May 26, 2020
iKingsley:
did you know that some who use DHL get there orders in 3 to 4 days while some wait almost two weeks? So, if you paid a seller to use express shipping and he uses Aliexpress standard shipping, (which is relatively slower), you can open dispute. I still feel delay is from courier not seller. It is the Seller's job to get your items ready and send to courier who then makes the delivery
You don't even need to feel, lol. Each store has its own processing time and we can only wish that orders are processed as fast as possible despite the timeline given. I know of stores that process and ready orders for pickup within 12-24hrs, at least, my orders.

Where issues are, mostly, is the time order was made, proximity of store to the chosen courier, courier processing style, local customs etc.

I have an order I made on 2nd of March, dispatched on 4th, handed over to airline on 14th, but spent a month at that stage and arrived 9ja 12/05. This order was shipped using AliExpress Standard Shipping (EMS Singapore). Should I still blame the seller? HELL NO!
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by bigrovar(m): 7:28am On May 26, 2020
jboixxx:
You don't even need to feel, lol. Each store has its own processing time and we can only wish that orders are processed as fast as possible despite the timeline given. I know of stores that process and ready orders for pickup within 12-24hrs, at least, my orders.

Where issues are, mostly, is the time order was made, proximity of store to the chosen courier, courier processing style, local customs etc.

I have an order I made on 2nd of March, dispatched on 4th, handed over to airline on 14th, but spent a month at that stage and arrived 9ja 12/05. This order was shipped using AliExpress Standard Shipping (EMS Singapore). Should I still blame the seller? HELL NO!

This is true for he most part, but sellers still have a role to play in how fast your product gets shipped. 1, most sellers are in fact drop shippers without stock so when you place an order, they then go sort out the item to fulfil your order. This can take days, sellers who have goods in stock, ship within 24 hours. The next stage is the company that pics up the order and takes it to the post office, this is usually handled by a 3rd party company, they pick the order and deliver it to the courier office.. In this stage, some agent have better connect with the post office and can get your product out faster.. this good connect cost extra.

I got all this information from an Aliexpress seller who did an AMA on Reddit.

This is why shipping speed rating of a seller is very important. It is also important to have a conversation with the seller to know if he has goods in stock and how fast he ships. This conversation can be used against him in a potential dispute.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by kingzleyz: 7:28am On May 26, 2020
Na wa ooo
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Nexcarfini: 7:30am On May 26, 2020
bigrovar:

I had this conversation with a friend recently.. And this use to be my guiding principles for buying TV. This use to be a good strategy some years back (say 2014 maybe even 2015) now adays though, the bigger screen tv all come with smart features and in fact it is nolonger a premium addon for tv, you would be hard pressed to find a tv without some sort of smartness in them. In fact anyone you find is most likely an offbrand no name TV maker (think some no name android phone maker) and you are best to avoid those ones.

Adding smart features to TV has gotten so damn cheap that every manufacturer squeezes one into their set (The cut cost by installing a weak audio production - which is what has lead to the growth of sound bars) Unless you want to get 32 inches -- I don't even think you can find any 40+ screen from any of the major brands without smart features.

In all when buying a tv remember that tv is not something you change easily like a smart phone, try and get something that is at least future proof for about 5-8 years.. Features to watch out for include:

ARC (Audio return channel)
Multiple HDMI Input
CEC- enabled HDMI (usually come with ARC)
Screen with good local dimming and less of blooming (Deep, uniform blacks.)
Excellent low input lag. (good for gaming)
Support for HDR
at least 700 nit brightness

Nice to have features include
Dolby Vision
Wireless Networking and RJ45
High Refresh Rate (120hz) a most if you intend to game with your tv

And for gods sake make sure your tv is 4k.. If you can not afford a 4k, don't buy it now.
Some of the above features you may not need now, but trust me, you will appreciate them as it makes your tv future proof.

Wireless Support

#True. Thank you.
But don't you think 4k is dependant on the screen size you're going for. Dimensionally speaking. You can't fit 4096 by 2160p into anything lesser than 40inches, that's why most manufacturers don't do it.(You eyes won't see the difference).
A 1080p 40inch, might display better imagery than a 75inch 4k display because of things like contrast ratio and the number of pixels per inch.
Basically the bigger the screen the more pixels it needs for a better display.
I think it's dependant on the size of the tv, if I wanted to get a 50inch tv, it must definitely would be 4k, but a 1080p 32 - 40 inch is still not a bad deal. I think...

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by bigrovar(m): 7:34am On May 26, 2020
iKingsley:
There is China DHL and there is Hong Kong DHL. Most sellers use Hong Kong DHL which is cheaper but way slower than China DHL. Hong Kong DHL means your item would first need be shipped to hong kong which can take 10-12 days (this explains the long time it takes for your waybill to show up on the DHL tracker) Once it gets to Hong Kong, you can then start counting the DHL trip to Nigeria which is usually 15 working days.

DHL China almost gets shipped immediately but you pay a premium.
If you are shipping an item like a phone and it cost about 38 dollars.. you are most likely using DHL Hong Kong.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by bigrovar(m): 7:38am On May 26, 2020
Nexcarfini:

#True. Thank you.
But don't you think 4k is dependant on the screen size you're going for. Dimensionally speaking. You can't fit 4096 by 2160p into anything lesser than 40inches, that's why most manufacturers don't do it.(You eyes won't see the difference).
A 1080p 40inch, might display better imagery than a 75inch 4k display because of things like contrast ratio and the number of pixels per inch.
Basically the bigger the screen the more pixels it needs for a better display.
I think it's dependant on the size of the tv, if I wanted to get a 50inch tv, it must definitely would be 4k, but a 1080p 32 - 40 inch is still not a bad deal. I think...
You are right on the money. 4k makes a difference once u getting 50 inch and. 75 inch makes sense if you are doing 8K but that is still about 2 to 3 years from becoming mainstream.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by kingzleyz: 7:50am On May 26, 2020
bigrovar:

There is China DHL and there is Hong Kong DHL. Most sellers use Hong Kong DHL which is cheaper but way slower than China DHL. Hong Kong DHL means your item would first need be shipped to hong kong which can take 10-12 days (this explains the long time it takes for your waybill to show up on the DHL tracker) Once it gets to Hong Kong, you can then start counting the DHL trip to Nigeria which is usually 15 working days.

DHL China almost gets shipped immediately but you pay a premium.
If you are shipping an item like a phone and it cost about 38 dollars.. you are most likely using DHL Hong Kong.

Lalala... So dis is y my item is not yet picked up... Today makes it 2weeks...

Maybe its because d seller declared it 40$

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by fibonacci2526: 8:14am On May 26, 2020
Y'all should be patient, AliExpress shipping is not for the faint hearted even when things were great. Less worries cos there is nothing y'all can do about it because it's out of your control.

4 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by thormeydey: 8:14am On May 26, 2020
kingzleyz:

Lalala... So dis is y my item is not yet picked up... Today makes it 2weeks...

Maybe its because d seller declared it 40$

He meant cost of delivery
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 8:20am On May 26, 2020
fibonacci2526:
Y'all should be patient, AliExpress shipping is not for the faint hearted even when things were great. Less worries cos there is nothing y'all can do about it because it's out of your control.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by kingzleyz: 9:13am On May 26, 2020
thormeydey:

He meant cost of delivery

Ooo i paid 37$ for DHL
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Dongreat(m): 9:58am On May 26, 2020
Hello house please can I still go ahead with purchases of items from aliexpress at this moment of time?

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Carmal90(m): 10:41am On May 26, 2020
Today make it 90 days since I paid for my phone on AliExpress...

Pls can you suggest any alternative should incase I want to buy phone offline?
Regards
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Legit215(m): 10:51am On May 26, 2020
Check has your jumia global package entered Nigeria as mine entered today I guess and it was fulfilled the same day as yours from the same center.

thormeydey:
Finally, my 9s has been shipped cool
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by kingzleyz: 10:52am On May 26, 2020
Abi na because say na abuja be route way DHL go follow make dem never pick my item.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by thormeydey: 11:17am On May 26, 2020
Legit215:
Check has your jumia global package entered Nigeria as mine entered today I guess and it was fulfilled the same day as yours from the same center.

Thanks bro. Just checked and it is in Nigeria. The wait is almost over

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (1443) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.