Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,939 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1460554 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (1443) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2020
Michaelwonder:

Zenith card is working well

390 - 400 per dollar

$200 monthly limit

About the ECOBANK update that i promised

I have been able to use $235 on my ECOBANK mastercard this month, but i have to use it for small small transactions like $15, $50, $70 per transaction, i think ECOBANK monthly limit is still up to 500...

More updates soon

Thanks for this. I had assumed that limit is about 20 USD monthly or so after they transiently refused further transaction on the card.

I will head back to try further use.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2020
ceaser:
Guys AliExpress don dey para o. Imagine losing three disputes back to back within a week. These are SingPost items that have either "expired" status or "EDI received" for the past 120 days, remained untrackable and remain undelivered. These guys just dey dash out "invalid reason" like gift. I opened all these disputes like some 7 days after purchase protection expiry o, and that was even after sending message to the seller to extend it for about 30 days without response. I will now open dispute and attach evidence and the useless seller that has remained blind and deaf all along will surface from nowhere pleading that I close the dispute.

Instead of the useless AE team too to do diligent work, dem go just dey dash out "invalid reason" all over the place. I'm sure this attitude will soon embolden suppliers to commit fraud of refusing to send item but give false impression that they do. After all covid-19 affects shipping and AE have begun to favour them unduly in the arbitration that follows.

Dollar-Naira imbalance is worsening, even the Zenith card I hoped to get is still pending 4 days after it should have been ready; I kept getting this "no network to print card" complaints from their custocare, which seems to wanna validate the claim by someone up here that banks are reluctant to issue out new MasterCard. Our local PO by their attitude with poor logistics are making an already bad situation worse and more difficult to solve because as it stands, you can't entirely say if the AE team is wrong in their insistence that parcel has reached your country and asking you to visit your local PO.

Finally, this my back to back loss of dispute is the last straw for me. I think I'm done with purchases on AE for now. I will weigh my options and source a reliable 3rd party procurement and logistics service here on Nairaland. Then purchase my items mostly in bulk now (collate all the different items from the different sellers on AE) before having them shipped rather than the piecemeal ways AE does.

I got my card immediately after opening my account. It was seamless. Better to buy with DHL, than wait forever for AliExpress slow shipping.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 6:53pm On Aug 05, 2020
lavenderjade:

I don't think anybody has won appeal on AliExpress..dey wl never change diet stand..very evil robots grin

They are not robots. They are people but just unreasonable with reviewing arbitration following appeal.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by lavenderjade(m): 7:02pm On Aug 05, 2020
ceaser:

They are not robots. They are people but just unreasonable with reviewing arbitration following appeal.

But d fake judgment dey give. I dont tink de even track at all
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 7:03pm On Aug 05, 2020
mctfopt:

I got my card immediately after opening my account. It was seamless. Better to buy with DHL, than wait forever for AliExpress slow shipping.

Account opening was seamless and in fact I got the account number allocated to me within 10 minutes of reviewing my mandate, while I was still seated. However when I demanded the ATM card thingy, the marketing guy said they will still have to check out the address (KYC things) before I can proceed to that next stage.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Midex88(m): 7:23pm On Aug 05, 2020
ceaser:

Account opening was seamless and in fact I got the account number allocated to me within 10 minutes of reviewing my mandate, while I was still seated. However when I demanded the ATM card thingy, the marketing guy said they will still have to check out the address (KYC things) before I can proceed to that next stage.

That’s a lie. The marketing guy is professionally hiding some fact. Before account is opened at all, the bank would have checked and verified all documentation (Kyc) and marketer must have done his due diligence by physically visiting your address and confirming you live there. (Though they hardly do that this days especially for a savings account). If not the customer service officer won’t even bother to key in your details into the system for account opening process.

It’s possible the branch is short of naira master card or the customer service person just don’t want to go through the stress at that moment.

ATM cards are instant this days.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2020
ceaser:

The marketer dull. My KYC was over in minutes.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Midex88(m): 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2020
mctfopt:

The marketer dull. My KYC was over in minutes.

Which bank
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 8:29pm On Aug 05, 2020
Midex88:

Which bank

Zenith
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by peterincredible: 8:48pm On Aug 05, 2020
mctfopt:
How you dey? $ is N390 from Zenith. Zenith is doing well grin
for those thinking of using zenith bank i opened a zenith bank acount with my phone then i went to their nearest branch and ordered for atm card(visa) and within an hour i was done then i went home and bought something from aliexpress and zenith bank charged me #393/dollar so if you want to use zenith bank pls go ahead

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2020
peterincredible:
for those thinking of using zenith bank i opened a zenith bank acount with my phone then i went to their nearest branch and ordered for atm card(visa) and within an hour i was done then i went home and bought something from aliexpress and zenith bank charged me #393/dollar so if you want to use zenith bank pls go ahead

That's how they roll. grin
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Themaths(m): 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2020
Good evening guys,

I have been following this thread for a while now, making contributions here and there when I can, but I want to make an observation about this dispute thingy that AliExpress is using to deal with alot of people.

See, there are various shipping methods on AliExpress, Cainiao, Yanwei, 4PX, Singapore post, China post, Aliexpress standard, China small packet etc. Now, some of there shipping methods are designated with *Tracking Available* while others are *Tracking Unavailable*.

I believe disputes will go more in our favour if we start using more shipping methods that has available Tracking. Because even the the Aliexpress team that settles these disputes, they cannot possibly know exactly where an item is, all the info you have is what they have.

Just a suggestion/observation, what do you think?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Rajioba1: 9:41pm On Aug 05, 2020
Guys how can I withdraw PayPal funds to a UK bank account?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 05, 2020
Mine was trackable & I still lost d case

Themaths:
Good evening guys,

I have been following this thread for a while now, making contributions here and there when I can, but I want to make an observation about this dispute thingy that AliExpress is using to deal with alot of people.

See, there are various shipping methods on AliExpress, Cainiao, Yanwei, 4PX, Singapore post, China post, Aliexpress standard, China small packet etc. Now, some of there shipping methods are designated with *Tracking Available* while others are *Tracking Unavailable*.

I believe disputes will go more in our favour if we start using more shipping methods that has available Tracking. Because even the the Aliexpress team that settles these disputes, they cannot possibly know exactly where an item is, all the info you have is what they have.

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lemonz(m): 10:10pm On Aug 05, 2020
mctfopt:

Does buying with dhl ALWAYS attract customs problem??
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by chibu4u2(m): 10:10pm On Aug 05, 2020
lavenderjade:

Nope... Its over... Dey simply repeat wat de judged earlier in dispute.. Many sellers mor go de ship real items now a d aliexpress go de release payment to them.. Sellers wan de cash out

completely over coz by then the money would have been sent to the seller and the seller might not even reply any more message from you, lastly you'll figure out that all the sweet talk and honesty from seller before making payment is just trash.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lemonz(m): 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2020
Midex88:

That’s a lie. The marketing guy is professionally hiding some fact. Before account is opened at all, the bank would have checked and verified all documentation (Kyc) and marketer must have done his due diligence by physically visiting your address and confirming you live there. (Though they hardly do that this days especially for a savings account). If not the customer service officer won’t even bother to key in your details into the system for account opening process.

It’s possible the branch is short of naira master card or the customer service person just don’t want to go through the stress at that moment.

ATM cards are instant this days.
True. They are instant.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by chibu4u2(m): 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2020
Themaths:
Good evening guys,

baba mine is registered and track able yet i lost dispute and appeal.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by suchmuch: 10:54pm On Aug 05, 2020
Rajioba1:

What's rmb?
chinese yuan, renminbi ... it's the official currency of china
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Rajioba1: 11:06pm On Aug 05, 2020
suchmuch:
chinese yuan, renminbi ... it's the official currency of china
Ok how can you pay with it on aliexpress
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by suchmuch: 11:16pm On Aug 05, 2020
Rajioba1:

Ok how can you pay with it on aliexpress
yes you can, all you need to do is ask for their rmb account or we can do pay order[if escrow is involved on aliexpress]
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by lavenderjade(m): 2:22am On Aug 06, 2020
chibu4u2:

completely over coz by then the money would have been sent to the seller and the seller might not even reply any more message from you, lastly you'll figure out that all the sweet talk and honesty from seller before making payment is just trash.

I swear. If aliexpress continue like this.. Dem jus de spoil dier reputation... Sneaky bastard.... Maybe na d money our govt borrow from dem dem de collect small small
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by lavenderjade(m): 2:24am On Aug 06, 2020
Themaths:
Good evening guys,

You dont know what you are saying man.... Relax

Oya track that

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 3:23am On Aug 06, 2020
Lemonz:

Only paid once. The goods that I paid for weighed 10kg. Others just sail through with no charges...
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Emily22(m): 3:34am On Aug 06, 2020
Incase you guys dont know that there are some people in this country that will win the dispute, get the refund and later get the package, most of them wont bother to refund aliexpress/seller.

Imagine someone who got refunded for a phone around(200 dollars) and after few month, he was called to pickup his item, he or she will say awoof..

If you notice one of the screenshot uploaded here recently, the company said NIPOST no longer update their tracking which is true cuz even nipost website is purely useless. The question is how will alliexpress know whats going on in our country.

The fact is once its shipped to NG/LOS or shipped to destination country bla bla bla, then they have done their part because they can no longer track it if nipost decide not to update the tracking info, its now left for our lazy and useless nipost to do its own part...

So guys dont blame them o

This is Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 4:00am On Aug 06, 2020
Lemonz:

Nope. There may be some items that are tax free. Also some small-sized items does not attract custom fee, there is an exception to mobile phones, tablets and computers sha as those ones will be heavily taxed irrespective of size.

About three weeks ago, I took delivery of an AE parcel which I selected DHL logistics option for and I specifically instructed the seller not to change from my DHL option under no circumstances.

It was two units of MPPT charge controllers. I was pleased, but not surprised that customs charges was not on it. It seems charge controllers of modest numbers may be excepted from customs fees. This used to be the case with small-sized solar inverters before too, but some overzealous officers at that customs have started charging on those. Also some NIPOST agent lie about customs charges when they are the ones doing the end delivery (like with EMS package for example)
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Nobody: 4:58am On Aug 06, 2020
MrMaintain001:
BUYING/SELLING

>>Bitcoin

>>Venmo

>>Zelle

>>Cashapp

>>eBay Gift card,Amazon Card,Steam Wallet,Google Play and others

>>Paypal

>>Skrill

>>Neteller

Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer and iwriter withdrawal services available4 @attractive rate

Instant payment guarantee

Call/Whatsapp ☎️___+2348085401647
angry

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Kamaye(m): 6:19am On Aug 06, 2020
peterincredible:
how much did they charge you for the ATM?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Mrford(m): 6:20am On Aug 06, 2020
Themaths:

Yea, it's true sha. You can always check the profile to the members vouching for a particular merchant. If they are mostly newly created accounts, just know it's dicey.

Nwigbo is that you?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Valentinooo: 6:42am On Aug 06, 2020
peterincredible:
Please, Did you open from their website? Or app? And did you get your account number immediately?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Themaths(m): 6:48am On Aug 06, 2020
Mrford:

Nwigbo is that you?
Hahahaha.....Ford nwannem....Ole way?

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (1443) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.