Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1443403 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (1440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by fibonacci2526: 5:03pm On Aug 10, 2020
toideve:
Has anyone ordered phone from Aliexpress recently? I want to order a phone but I am told I would be charged custom duties of around 30-50k. Is this true?

I hope you have gone through this thread very well. Many people are complaining that their items have not arrived after 60-70 days and you still want to go ahead to order from AliExpress. To your question, custom charge is real but you might be lucky.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by toideve(m): 5:07pm On Aug 10, 2020
fibonacci2526:

I hope you have gone through this thread very well. Many people are complaining that their items have not arrived after 60-70 days and you still want to go ahead to order from AliExpress. To your question, custom charge is real but you might be lucky.

Yes I've gone through the thread. We all know the reason for the delay. My concern is about custom duty charge.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 5:17pm On Aug 10, 2020
mctfopt:

Alibaba is faster as the seller does the dispatch...and most of the sellers I met there are in a freaking hurry to dispatch the goods and get their dollars grin

Bro, how do you do your purchases on Alibaba? Is it in anyway similar to what obtains on AE?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Mofolam: 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2020
HarrierJumpJet:

please have you received your order that was despatched to overseas on 17th July??
Yes. It was delivered to my home. There is no Particular sequence to it because I’m yet to receive the one despatched July 8th
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Daniel2802(m): 5:40pm On Aug 10, 2020
fibonacci2526:

Mad oh and I'm seeing some deals I want to cop. Make I just use the money buy shawarma then.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 5:57pm On Aug 10, 2020
ceaser:

Bro, how do you do your purchases on Alibaba? Is it in anyway similar to what obtains on AE?

It's kinda similar, but I think it gives you the buyer more work but it is more flexible.

1) Search for the goods you like.

2) Contact seller.

3) Negotiate both the item price and shipping fee. This negotiation is where the most work lies in. You'll see a seller that has, say lithium batteries 100AH to 250AH with price $4 to $300 (1-50pcs). But when you ask the seller the cost of one piece of 250ah, the seller will tell you $558, a cost not covered by the range. The next thing the seller is asking for your name and email address. Most firms may have like 20 salespersons. The only way they track the price offered to you is via that email provided. Notice the different salespersons can give you different prices for the same goods! So you better really know the price of what you are buying. Notice in the screenshot below one of the salesperson added a dollar to the cost of the charger. And also knew that Danny has given me a PI grin

4) Some sellers will even get you cheaper shipping method, but most of the time I don't use it as some of the shippers they'll get for you have no presence online and no guarantee what happens after your goods get to them.

5) I'm never in a hurry when dealing with the Alibaba sellers, we can spend 5 days negotiating till I get a fair deal. Apart from that, it is similar to AE, just that AE is more suited for retailers. While Alibaba is for people buying in bulk. Even stores with MOQ of 1 are still hesitant to sell that one when contacted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Valto(m): 6:01pm On Aug 10, 2020
track24 finally updated, after picking up this morning

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by chocolatee(f): 6:03pm On Aug 10, 2020
mctfopt:

I have once had to wait 9 days to see the DHL tracking of a goods sent via DHL by an AE seller. But that was the only time I used DHL from AE and it was in the middle of the pandemic and seller ended up using FedEx. These days I buy mostly from Alibaba and the maximum it takes is just a day to show. I have had same day tracking of a package sent out that same day. I think AE shipping is a bit slow as it appears it goes out in batch. Alibaba is faster as the seller does the dispatch...and most of the sellers I met there are in a freaking hurry to dispatch the goods and get their dollars grin

Try tracking via 4px site shown in attached image.

pls what is the cost of shipping in alibaba and can you recommend any shipping agency
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by HarrierJumpJet: 6:04pm On Aug 10, 2020
Mofolam:

Yes. It was delivered to my home. There is no Particular sequence to it because I’m yet to receive the one despatched July 8th

what was/is the tracking showing at the point of collection?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 6:18pm On Aug 10, 2020
chocolatee:

pls what is the cost of shipping in alibaba and can you recommend any shipping agency

Cost of shipping varies from store to store. Here are some few examples:

I've shipped 10kg package for $175 via DHL, item worth $500

I've shipped 1kg package for $40 via DHL, item worth $45..very important item tongue

I've shipped 2.2kg package for $38 via FedEx, item worth $113

Funny enough virtually all sellers will tell you that FedEx is costlier I don't know how one seller like that
shipped the 2.2kg package for $38!

I use shipping agency for very heavy stuff, I can't recommend any agency as all of them comes with one wahala or the other.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by fibonacci2526: 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2020
toideve:

Yes I've gone through the thread. We all know the reason for the delay. My concern is about custom duty charge.

Goodluck.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by acorntree(m): 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2020
Any shipping now if it is not yanwen,cainao just forget. All this 4px, Singapore post are just rubbish!!
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by adeniranfam(f): 6:39pm On Aug 10, 2020
mctfopt:

I've shipped 1kg package for $40 via DHL, item worth $45..very important item tongue

Funny enough virtually all sellers will tell you that FedEx is costlier I don't know how one seller like that

I use shipping agency for very heavy stuff, I can't recommend any agency as all of them comes with one wahala or the other.

How did u get agency
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 6:41pm On Aug 10, 2020
adeniranfam:

How did u get agency

Word of mouth. Won't recommend the agency though due to how it went down.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by peterincredible: 7:31pm On Aug 10, 2020
it seems alot of people recieved their packages today i think things are begining to come back to normal

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Mofolam: 8:51pm On Aug 10, 2020
HarrierJumpJet:

what was/is the tracking showing at the point of collection?
Up until I collected it, it didn’t even show EDI received. It was still dispatched to overseas 1 day after it was delivered. I didn’t check back since then.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by BabaKc: 8:58pm On Aug 10, 2020
peterincredible:
it seems alot of people recieved their packages today i think things are begining to come back to normal

Yeah
I received a June 19 4px order today in my local post office in Enugu.

Tracking website showed that the package arrived Nigeria on July 28.

About 3 other orders placed between June 18 and 19, equally got updated to arrived country of destination today.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lemonz(m): 10:44pm On Aug 10, 2020
georgee:

Wow.. Means I should expect my order this week as well.. Placed my order June 26

Aliexpress standard Shipping
Lol. I placed my order on the 23rd of June with AESS but if I were you I won't get my hopes up. People have made two orders the same day and they arrive at very different times. But let's hope August is our month.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by adeniranfam(f): 11:26pm On Aug 10, 2020
mctfopt:

Can I have ur WhatsApp?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Jayveed(m): 5:20am On Aug 11, 2020
mctfopt:

I have once had to wait 9 days to see the DHL tracking of a goods sent via DHL by an AE seller. But that was the only time I used DHL from AE and it was in the middle of the pandemic and seller ended up using FedEx. These days I buy mostly from Alibaba and the maximum it takes is just a day to show. I have had same day tracking of a package sent out that same day. I think AE shipping is a bit slow as it appears it goes out in batch. Alibaba is faster as the seller does the dispatch...and most of the sellers I met there are in a freaking hurry to dispatch the goods and get their dollars grin

Try tracking via 4px site shown in attached image.

Seems you've been in this business for long.
I'd like to know the amount you paid for the import and customs duties so I can prepare ahead
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Jayveed(m): 5:24am On Aug 11, 2020
mctfopt:

It's kinda similar, but I think it gives you the buyer more work but it is more flexible.

2) Contact seller.

3) Negotiate both the item price and shipping fee. This negotiation is where the most work lies in. You'll see a seller that has, say lithium batteries 100AH to 250AH with price $4 to $300 (1-50pcs). But when you ask the seller the cost of one piece of 250ah, the seller will tell you $558, a cost not covered by the range. The next thing the seller is asking for your name and email address. Most firms may have like 20 salespersons. The only way they track the price offered to you is via that email provided. Notice the different salespersons can give you different prices for the same goods! So you better really know the price of what you are buying. Notice in the screenshot below one of the salesperson added a dollar to the cost of the charger. And also knew that Danny has given me a PI grin

4) Some sellers will even get you cheaper shipping method, but most of the time I don't use it as some of the shippers they'll get for you have no presence online and no guarantee what happens after your goods get to them.

5) I'm never in a hurry when dealing with the Alibaba sellers, we can spend 5 days negotiating till I get a fair deal. Apart from that, it is similar to AE, just that AE is more suited for retailers. While Alibaba is for people buying in bulk. Even stores with MOQ of 1 are still hesitant to sell that one when contacted.

Good day sir
I'd like to know if you paid for customs and import duties and if you did I want to know the amount you paid. Thank you
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lkj20: 6:13am On Aug 11, 2020
chigirlangel:
I got this mail from AliExpress since last week Tuesday but nothing is showing when I try to track it on nipost site cry
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 6:37am On Aug 11, 2020
Jayveed:

Seems you've been in this business for long.
I'd like to know the amount you paid for the import and customs duties so I can prepare ahead

Paid import duty of 14k on the 10kg pack. I guess custom can't just let that pass without charging it. Haven't paid any other custom duty on the other packages. Import duty is random. You can pay import duty on same package that others will get free. The custom people are so random, but I've noticed that you are more likely to pay duty on goods shipped by DHL than other courier services in my experience. That does not mean the others are free of duty, custom duty in Nigeria is VERY random.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Jayveed(m): 6:45am On Aug 11, 2020
mctfopt:

Paid import duty of 14k on the 10kg pack. I guess custom can't just let that pass without charging it. Haven't paid any other custom duty on the other packages. Import duty is random. You can pay import duty on same package that others will get free. The custom people are so random, but I've noticed that you are more likely to pay duty on goods shipped by DHL than other courier services in my experience. That does not mean the others are free of duty, custom duty in Nigeria is VERY random.

Thanks a lot...you don't know how long I've been searching for this kind of information.
So you're saying I might pay and might not?
And if I was to pay does it depend on the weight of the material?
What I'm importing is like a quarter of a kilogramme.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 7:55am On Aug 11, 2020
Jayveed:

Thanks a lot...you don't know how long I've been searching for this kind of information.
So you're saying I might pay and might not?
And if I was to pay does it depend on the weight of the material?
What I'm importing is like a quarter of a kilogramme.

No, what you pay import duty on is not based on weight, it is often based on value. Eg if you use DHL or FedEx on Apple products like iPhone, it'll be hard not to pay duty. How much does an average phone weigh? I've received a 7kg item that costs nearly $700 but I paid no duty. But if I was to import iPhone 11 Pro Max, they'll surely hammer me import duty. Also, I think they check the value of the product declared, that is why most Chinese will under default never quote the real cost of a product on their invoice unless otherwise stated grin

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 8:13am On Aug 11, 2020
mctfopt:

2) Contact seller.

Thanks for this bàbá. I've always believed that Alibaba thingy is strictly reserved for big time commercial importers and not few items meant for personal use.

I go definitely need more tutorial and guidance as I continue the foray into that Alibaba niche.

Edited:

• But the "Alibaba payment method with credit card" option you selected is not the same as using the MasterCard debit card on AE, is it?
• And is there anything like Buyer's protection on there, in case a deal goes south?
• What's "PI"? cheesy
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 8:34am On Aug 11, 2020
Mofolam:

Up until I collected it, it didn’t even show EDI received. It was still dispatched to overseas 1 day after it was delivered. I didn’t check back since then.

Then this highly suggests that the non-update issues for weeks is from NIPOST side. Probably it's NIPOST that is supposed to acknowledge the "EDI received" info and update it on the tracking. And likely the item has arrived Nigeria since shortly after the "dispatched overseas" update, but as na NIPOST way nau, na to do things anyhow.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 8:56am On Aug 11, 2020
ceaser:

Thanks for this bàbá. I've always believed that Alibaba thingy is strictly reserved for big time commercial importers and not few items meant for personal use.

I go definitely need more tutorial and guidance as I continue the foray into that Alibaba niche.

Edited:

• But the "Alibaba payment method with credit card" option you selected is not the same as using the MasterCard debit card on AE, is it?
• And is there anything like Buyer's protection on there, in case a deal goes south?
• What's "PI"? cheesy

Debit card or ATM card is what I meant. The PI is proforma invoice which gives the breakdown cost of item , shipping and handling fee (if any). You can use this PI to source dollars from bank for bank payment.

See sample below

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 9:00am On Aug 11, 2020
mctfopt:

Debit card or ATM card is what I meant. The PI is proforma invoice which gives the breakdown cost of item , shipping and handling fee (if any). You can use this PI to source dollars from bank for bank payment.

See sample below

Thanks.

So do you in most cases source for the dollars from banks to pay up or you just pay with the MasterCard debit card and the bank deducts the naira equivalent as it obtains with most users of AE on here?

In fact, I dey go install that Alibaba app fess now now.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 9:01am On Aug 11, 2020
ceaser:

Thanks.

So do you in most cases source for the dollars from banks to pay up or you just pay with the MasterCard debit card and the bank deducts the naira equivalent as it obtains with most users of AE on here?

I sourced for dollars to make payment for orders above $500 or I can decide to max out several cards telling seller to split payment grin

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 9:03am On Aug 11, 2020
mctfopt:

I sourced for dollars to make payment for orders above $500

Oshey bàbá.

In fact, I dey go install that Alibaba app fess now now.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by anonymousey: 9:20am On Aug 11, 2020
mctfopt:

I sourced for dollars to make payment for orders above $500 or I can decide to max out several cards telling seller to split payment grin

Good morning.
Please when you go to banks for dollar what's the rate they give you?
Also how does it work? How straightforward is it? Are there any special requirements?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (1440) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

Viewing this topic: solasola(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.