Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1443351 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (1440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 2:29pm On Sep 30, 2021
Runsboi:

Na the price be the problem o boss, the thing is so cheap in this particular store. Since you said DHL is better, mah run am naa. But Bros like how much extra DhL fit charge me?
I don't know what you're buying, so, no idea. Even if I know, I don't know their charging factors... Hey, if what you're buying is expensive/or value, be ready for NCS duty invoice.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Ifeanyi4491(m): 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2021
Runsboi:

Na the price be the problem o boss, the thing is so cheap in this particular store. Since you said DHL is better, mah run am naa. But Bros like how much extra DhL fit charge me?
check the store very well and also read people reviews
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Dmedalion: 2:59pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ifeanyi4491:
oboi wahala dey almost 500 per usd
lolzz .. everywhere wildlife

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by U1(m): 6:04pm On Sep 30, 2021
I greet all and sundry! smiley Abeg I get a few questions that I hope someone can spare me a little time to help answer.

1. I have read here about some people never getting what they ordered for, including phones. Do people get their money back in such instances or it's gone?

2. Does warranty on product count for anything on AliExpress? Imagine someone bought a phone and after a few weeks or months it started misbehaving. What would happen? I don't want to assume anything. smiley

3. Are there specific items that custom duties are levied on? Or is there a particular price threshold that triggers the payment of duties?

Thanks in anticipation!
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Michael662(m): 6:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
WHITELIGHTER:

Nice doing biz with you. But dont forget my balance oh grin.

Thank you boss. The sound is amazing
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Runsboi(m): 6:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
jboixxx:
I don't know what you're buying, so, no idea. Even if I know, I don't know their charging factors... Hey, if what you're buying is expensive/or value, be ready for NCS duty invoice.
Okay. This is it. Would this be considered expensive??

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Runsboi(m): 6:22pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ifeanyi4491:
check the store very well and also read people reviews
There are only about a few orders, no written review
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 6:26pm On Sep 30, 2021
Runsboi:

Okay. This is it. Would this be considered expensive??
Nope, but try your luck!
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Runsboi(m): 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
jboixxx:
Nope, but try your luck!
Okay Sir. My hands are literally shaking angry
God abeg make this people no show me shege.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Runsboi(m): 6:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
See another temptation embarassed

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Alhajiemeritus: 7:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
Runsboi:

Another store should have this item.
Check another store
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Meister(m): 7:55pm On Sep 30, 2021
Runsboi:

I don't understand you guys sometimes, you've already been told that the deal is not a real deal and nothing will be sent to you if you order that thing. No one will offer free DHL delivery

4 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Runsboi(m): 8:40pm On Sep 30, 2021
Meister:

I don't understand you guys sometimes, you've already been told that the deal is not a real deal and nothing will be sent to you if you order that thing. No one will offer free DHL delivery
Baba calm down, I wasn't told the deal isn't real.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by U1(m): 9:34pm On Sep 30, 2021
U1:
I greet all and sundry! smiley Abeg I get a few questions that I hope someone can spare me a little time to help answer.

1. I have read here about some people never getting what they ordered for, including phones. Do people get their money back in such instances or it's gone?

2. Does warranty on product count for anything on AliExpress? Imagine someone bought a phone and after a few weeks or months it started misbehaving. What would happen? I don't want to assume anything. smiley

3. Are there specific items that custom duties are levied on? Or is there a particular price threshold that triggers the payment of duties?

Thanks in anticipation!

cc ceaser, genius43 or anyone?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by kcee247(m): 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
U1:

Thanks in anticipation!

Co ask..
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 11:37pm On Sep 30, 2021
U1:

Depending on the reasons for undelivered item, in most cases you can file trade dispute and if AE team investigates and verifies your claim, you will get your money refunded back to you.

Once you win the dispute, email notification will be sent from AE. Depending on your bank, the refund usually takes 5 - 10 working days. That is not to say some few useless banks won't get you credited for a month.

U1:

I won't say the warranty stands except in quite few cases (acyually one case) that I'm aware of. The item was a morningstar MPPT solar charger. Of messed up within one year and the company sent the guy a replacement at no extra cost or shipping cost.

Bht let's say few sellers try to honour their warranty. Once you chat them up and show proof of your demands, they may ask you to return the item before a new one is shipped to you. But I tell you, shipping stuffs from here to China will put a hole in your pocket, so at the end of the day the shipping fees is more than the cost price of the item. And since the seller is not willing to send a new one without seeing the defective one, giving up on such futile attempts is the common reaction.

I have been in this situation before. An inverter I got from the seller began to act up within one week. When I complained, the seller suggested I send the defective one for them to check it while they send me a replacement. But the NIPOST charges for shipping to China is prohibitive. So I kúkúma jettison the idea and instead convinced the buyer to give me significant discount on the replacement inverter that I was going to buy again and he obliged removing almost 20k worth.

I think speedaf (a new entrant into the logistics business) will likely charge much less to ship to China because they usually have a lot of returns anyways and they are all sent back to the sellers in China. Speedaf also does local logistics within Nigeria and their rate is cheaper than NIPOST's.

U1:

Custom duties are charged based on the price of the item (that is the price declared on the label of the envelope. So it varies. I think items more than 64k naira automatically attracts duty.

However, there are items, including phones, that have escaped custom's scrutiny and the buyer got it without paying a dime as custom duties. But that is in very rare cases.

3 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Ifeanyi4491(m): 1:01am On Oct 01, 2021
Runsboi:

Don't buy item from there look for other store...
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by viaco(m): 6:59am On Oct 01, 2021
ceaser:

Custom duties are charged based on the price of the item (that is the price declared on the label of the envelope. So it varies. I think items more than 64k naira automatically attracts duty.

However, there are items, including phones, that have escaped custom's scrutiny and the buyer got it without paying a dime as custom duties. But that is in very rare cases.

Hello, I have a package that has been showing customs clearing in progress for close to 3 weeks, and it's a phone, and it seems other users here have a similar customs issue, do you think it has anything to do with payment of custom duties? If so, how exactly are we supposed to be contacted to pay the fees?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Runsboi(m): 8:55am On Oct 01, 2021
Ifeanyi4491:
Don't buy item from there look for other store...

Okay. Thank you!! I'm grateful I haven't done it sef

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by bernar234: 9:53am On Oct 01, 2021
Which shipping method should is use? AES or Singapore post

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Ifeanyi4491(m): 11:55am On Oct 01, 2021
bernar234:
Which shipping method should is use? AES or Singapore post
caino special goods

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by U1(m): 1:50pm On Oct 01, 2021
ceaser:

Depending on the reasons for undelivered item, in most cases you can file trade dispute and if AE team investigates and verifies your claim, you will get your money refunded back to you.

Once you win the dispute, email notification will be sent from AE. Depending on your bank, the refund usually takes 5 - 10 working days. That is not to say some few useless banks won't get you credited for a month.

I won't say the warranty stands except in quite few cases (acyually one case) that I'm aware of. The item was a morningstar MPPT solar charger. Of messed up within one year and the company sent the guy a replacement at no extra cost or shipping cost.

Bht let's say few sellers try to honour their warranty. Once you chat them up and show proof of your demands, they may ask you to return the item before a new one is shipped to you. But I tell you, shipping stuffs from here to China will put a hole in your pocket, so at the end of the day the shipping fees is more than the cost price of the item. And since the seller is not willing to send a new one without seeing the defective one, giving up on such futile attempts is the common reaction.

I have been in this situation before. An inverter I got from the seller began to act up within one week. When I complained, the seller suggested I send the defective one for them to check it while they send me a replacement. But the NIPOST charges for shipping to China is prohibitive. So I kúkúma jettison the idea and instead convinced the buyer to give me significant discount on the replacement inverter that I was going to buy again and he obliged removing almost 20k worth.

I think speedaf (a new entrant into the logistics business) will likely charge much less to ship to China because they usually have a lot of returns anyways and they are all sent back to the sellers in China. Speedaf also does local logistics within Nigeria and their rate is cheaper than NIPOST's.

Wow, boss. This is HIGHLY helpful! I really appreciate your patience and time put into this detailed response. God bless you.

I'm happy I mentioned you. smiley
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by KHNGDXAND3R: 1:54pm On Oct 01, 2021
viaco:

I have the EXACT same issue.
Wow mine too. It is a phone redmi note 8 from banggood till date still nothing.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by KHNGDXAND3R: 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2021
viaco:

Wow mine too. It is a phone redmi note 8 from banggood till date still nothing.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by KHNGDXAND3R: 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2021
viaco:

Did you also ordered from banggood ? Because mine is from banggood
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by viaco(m): 4:26pm On Oct 01, 2021
KHNGDXAND3R:

Did you also ordered from banggood ? Because mine is from banggood

Yeah I also ordered a phone from Banggood, Poco F3, I don't know if customs have refused to clear it for some reason.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by snadguy007(m): 4:47pm On Oct 01, 2021
viaco:

Hello, I have a package that has been showing customs clearing in progress for close to 3 weeks, and it's a phone, and it seems other users here have a similar customs issue, do you think it has anything to do with payment of custom duties? If so, how exactly are we supposed to be contacted to pay the fees?
not sure it has anything to do with payment of custom duties..... My own package (phone holder) has been stucked since Sept 2 and at the moment, speedaf doesn't have an explanation why its taking that long.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lixusheng(m): 5:10pm On Oct 01, 2021
viaco:

Yeah I also ordered a phone from Banggood, Poco F3, I don't know if customs have refused to clear it for some reason.

Which shipping method was used?
Last time i used them it was Swisspost.. That was 2017/2018 though
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by viaco(m): 8:23pm On Oct 01, 2021
Lixusheng:

Which shipping method was used?
Last time i used them it was Swisspost.. That was 2017/2018 though

The shipping method I used was Priority Direct Mail. The funny thing is that I ordered a phone case with the exact same shipping method on the same day I ordered the phone but the case arrived 3 weeks after I ordered and it came through Aramex/Oya Now logistics.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Lixusheng(m): 9:00pm On Oct 01, 2021
viaco:

The shipping method I used was Priority Direct Mail. The funny thing is that I ordered a phone case with the exact same shipping method on the same day I ordered the phone but the case arrived 3 weeks after I ordered and it came through Aramex/Oya Now logistics.
Priority direct mail can either be Singapore post, swisspost, postnl, aramex, Hongkong post... Am asking the particular one because if the phone was shipped from Hong Kong Banggood usually use Swisspost etc
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by kcee247(m): 9:48pm On Oct 01, 2021
Lixusheng:

Priority direct mail can either be Singapore post, swisspost, postnl, aramex, Hongkong post... Am asking the particular one because if the phone was shipped from Hong Kong Banggood usually use Swisspost etc
Omo una dey try o. I no understand all these one lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (1440) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.