Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper - Technology Market (832) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper (1448573 Views)

Check This Thread For Your Anker Products / Ammc Cargo: Buys And Ships Items From China Via Alibaba,aliexpress,1688,taobao&o / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) ... (1441) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 2:10am On Apr 06, 2022
oloko1859:

Do you pay monthly maintenance fee on the barter card

Nope.

But a 2 usd single payment for creation of the card is charged alongside your first funding.

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Iceboiking: 8:22am On Apr 06, 2022
UDanny:
LOL. That's the same thing they told me and my order stayed 1 month and counting in their custody. We keep waiting shaa
Hmmmm
U mean uptill now u've not gotten ur item?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Iceboiking: 8:31am On Apr 06, 2022
UDanny:
LOL. That's the same thing they told me and my order stayed 1 month and counting in their custody. We keep waiting shaa
And have u visited your post office to know if it is there?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Meloski(m): 10:43am On Apr 06, 2022
Iceboiking:

Hmmmm
me too since 10th of March my parcel was delivered to Nipost up to this moment nothing.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by UDanny: 11:50am On Apr 06, 2022
Not at all. NIPOST is the reason why i hesitate in ordering from AE
Iceboiking:

Hmmmm
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by UDanny: 11:50am On Apr 06, 2022
I've visited twice, same story.
Iceboiking:

And have u visited your post office to know if it is there?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by FluidQueen(f): 12:48pm On Apr 06, 2022
Babalegba:
Barter app
does this really work? AliExpress is rejecting barter card payments.

Very exhausting. Is there a way around it?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by FluidQueen(f): 12:51pm On Apr 06, 2022
ewizard1:

You verified BVN?

You got a Dollar card?

You added your card to Aliexpress?
Yes yes yes. Still not working.

AliExpress keeps saying for security reasons, payment declined or sumn
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by FluidQueen(f): 12:53pm On Apr 06, 2022
brainware:
I've been getting this throughout today trying to checkout.. I just weak
same actually. I used a virtual barter dollar card.

Did you find your way around this?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Mfunkynation(m): 2:00pm On Apr 06, 2022
FluidQueen:

is your AliExpress account new?
maybe you need to appeal
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by elbuzzy(m): 4:11pm On Apr 06, 2022
FluidQueen:

If u have been using a phone for the process use a computer this time around I hope the payment might go through
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ewizard1: 5:00pm On Apr 06, 2022
FluidQueen:
Yes yes yes. Still not working.

AliExpress keeps saying for security reasons, payment declined or sumn
Cant tell what the problem is on your side. I still made a payment yesterday with my Barter Virtual Card.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by DOMINO001: 5:16pm On Apr 06, 2022
RA25649063TR
Please oo which site can I use to track this number. It has arrived Nigeria by aliexpress tracking since 1st April 2022.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Emrys(m): 5:31pm On Apr 06, 2022
The question does it still make sense to use shipping agents for your parcels from China.

Over the past few years when i buy things from china, i have the sellers ship to my agent after which the agent ships to me, however, a few weeks ago I bought a number of things from different sellers one of the sellers shipped to Nigeria directly, using local tracking I can see the items from that seller crossed customs today and is on its way to my local post office which was way faster than I expected in all 4 weeks

Considering agents take 14 to 24 days to get parcels to Nigeria does it make sense to keep using them, especially if the items are for personal use.

the only advantage I can see with agents so far is bulk shipment and storage till your ready to ship down to nigeria

P/S if you have agents that are faster than the above please share
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by saint2ace(m): 5:43pm On Apr 06, 2022
Meloski:
me too since 10th of March my parcel was delivered to Nipost up to this moment nothing.

I just collected my 10th of March package today, nipost we hail thee....

3 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Babalegba(m): 5:45pm On Apr 06, 2022
[quote author=FluidQueen post=111698538]does this really work? AliExpress is rejecting barter card payments.

Very exhausting. Is there a way around it?[/quote. I've used the barter dollar card four times on AliExpress and it has been seamless and hitchfree each time.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by saint2ace(m): 5:51pm On Apr 06, 2022
saint2ace:
Had a rude shock some days ago when I ordered an item on AliExpress, price was very moderate but problem was that it was those shops that do "free DHL shipping"; I scrolled through the options and saw AliExpress standard shipping and choose that instead.

Few days later seller ships with DHL (which kind wahala be this ), Tried to check the shop and it was no longer available, I almost shouted; I then sent Seller a message demanding why DHL and not ASS as I chose, and that he issued a fake tracking number, all I got was an auto response, seller didn't even read not reply message.

Fast forward to yesterday and I had an update on the package, so I copied the tracking number and checked on DHL tracking site, lo and behold the tracking was legit shocked shocked

Waiting to see if they really deliver and I hope I get what I paid for, fingers crossed tongue tongue

So update on this story, package arrived Lagos last week and was held by customs, was finally cleared over the weekend and dispatch for delivery, unfortunately I was wasn't contacted and by evening tracking read attempt failed cos receiver's office was closed shocked shocked.
Had to contact DHL CC and was reliably informed that the package was not in my name and it was for someone who works at daily times Ikeja and it weighed a hefty 81kg; at that point I knew seller had given me a fake tracking number.
I just jejeli made use of the dispute button with all my evidence intact, less than 3hrs later, seller agreed to the refund, no questions asked.
Chai but e pain me sha, after all the waiting. Oh well we move on to the next one..... grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Reddington(m): 6:03pm On Apr 06, 2022
saint2ace:

Wow. Speedaf?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 6:04pm On Apr 06, 2022
My post shipped by SG (free shipping) got delivered today by FedEx free of charge grin

When FedEx called, I thought they got the wrong person grin

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jboixxx: 6:12pm On Apr 06, 2022
saint2ace:

Ha! You lagosians too de experience this?

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by aieromon(m): 6:15pm On Apr 06, 2022
saint2ace:

Had to contact DHL CC and was reliably informed that the package was not in my name and it was for someone who works at daily times Ikeja and it weighed a hefty 81kg; at that point I knew seller had given me a fake tracking number.
I just jejeli made use of the dispute button with all my evidence intact, less than 3hrs later, seller agreed to the refund, no questions asked.
Chai but e pain me sha, after all the waiting. Oh well we move on to the next one..... grin grin

Sorry
aieromon:

Most times, the scammer uses someone elses DHL tracking number bound for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by aieromon(m): 6:16pm On Apr 06, 2022

1 Like

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Demaxl(m): 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2022
Sorry if this is unrelated

But is it possible to withdraw Paypal dollars to wallets Africa dollar card?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by jackson44(m): 7:32pm On Apr 06, 2022
Abeg my people I need help to understand this . I have been trying to get cloth from alibaba since Monday ,and all seller I meet there have been telling me to make payment outside Alibaba and won't agree to create order via Alibaba. Isn't this trace of scammers?
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by Meloski(m): 8:05pm On Apr 06, 2022
saint2ace:

where are you, am in ilorin I will check the post office tomorrow.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by UDanny: 8:11pm On Apr 06, 2022
Finally!
saint2ace:

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2022
FluidQueen:
does this really work? AliExpress is rejecting barter card payments.

Very exhausting. Is there a way around it?

@bolded. I don't know about that. I am a new barter user who got registered about 2 weeks ago. My first barter AE purchase was made three days ago and it went thru.

Mfunkynation:

is your AliExpress account new?
maybe you need to appeal

Could it be that these problems are results of conducting a new type of payment method on a known account logged in on an IP address different from the one the account is known to usually log in from.

saint2ace:

So update on this story, package arrived Lagos last week and was held by customs, was finally cleared over the weekend and dispatch for delivery, unfortunately I was wasn't contacted and by evening tracking read attempt failed cos receiver's office was closed shocked shocked.

@ bolded. Dayuuum! That seller is one hell of a scammer. And this thing can pain ehn.

I know something about AE dispute which I'm not sure if it applies to this situation or if it is still in effect. I was once a beneficiary. It is a form of penalty for seller in which the refunded money (to the buyer) is more than the cost price the seller paid originally. The seller is penalised an additional percentage of the total price of the item and the extra is added to the money refunded to the seller.

Now after you must have slammed on the dispute button, try to be as detailed as possible to make sure that there is enough evidence to ensure the seller is indicted for dishonesty. This should include screenshots of your chats with the seller.

Edited: I see you've already filed a dispute.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by ceaser: 8:46pm On Apr 06, 2022
jackson44:
Abeg my people I need help to understand this . I have been trying to get cloth from alibaba since Monday ,and all seller I meet there have been telling me to make payment outside Alibaba and won't agree to create order via Alibaba. Isn't this trace of scammers?

When sellers try to prevail upon you to do business outside of the app, they are trying to bypass the various means of buyers protection in the event that they (seller) default. Such requests by such apparently dishonest buyers include chatting/messaging outside the app and payment outside the app.

So it is not advisable to heed such requests, at least from my own experience on AliExpress. I haven't done so much on Alibaba to claim expertise on the platform.

2 Likes

Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by mctfopt: 8:49pm On Apr 06, 2022
jackson44:

Don't deal with such sellers, all genuine sellers do not try to make you pay outside of Alibaba's platform especially if you are a first time buyer.

FYI I've made payment outside of Alibaba's platform, but that was my fourth time dealing with the seller.
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by saint2ace(m): 8:51pm On Apr 06, 2022
Reddington:

Wow. Speedaf?

Nope Nipost
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by saint2ace(m): 8:52pm On Apr 06, 2022
jboixxx:
Ha! You lagosians too de experience this?

My oga you don see am na lolz
Re: This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper by saint2ace(m): 8:53pm On Apr 06, 2022
aieromon:

Sorry

Thanks jare, I remembered you said so oh. Anyhow sha lesson learnt...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) ... (1441) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) / **PHONE SWAP CENTRE**SWAP IT NOW!!! pin:265DA560 or 08033923897

Viewing this topic: sonssyo and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.