Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,924 members, 7,863,258 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:55 PM

Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) (18468 Views)

APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper / New Salaries For Buhari, Ministers, Govs & Others- Sun News / Law And Disorder In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Kobojunkie: 4:22am On Oct 13, 2010
No, I could not mistake that for a guy. He even has boo-bies for crying out loud. I can't wait to hear if he really claims to be a guy on this one. Either he is female or he is a feminine man with those features. lol

Anybody see this part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9aORxkfYlQ   

0.34 seconds into the viewing, where the guy says to Louis. "I can kill you and eat you?" ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by olafolarin(m): 4:27am On Oct 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

No, I could not mistake that for a guy. I can't wait to hear if he really claims to be a guy or not. Either he is female or he is a feminine man with those features. lol

she is definitely Female. Her name is Tawa(Tawakalitu in full).
There are so many female agberos with such masculine fearing face.
You can't push them aside--- They'll f.uck you up.
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Nobody: 4:30am On Oct 13, 2010
olafolarin:

she is definitely Female. Her name is Tawa(Tawakalitu in full).
There are so many female agberos with such masculine fearing face.
You can't push them aside--- They'll bleed you up.
Really, that was not the name on her driver license.
Says SUNDAY ADIOGUN.

@koboJ
LOL I thought I misheard that part. He was prolly trying to sound like a tough thug.
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Nobody: 4:52am On Oct 13, 2010
LMAO!!! I actually enjoyed the part where the old man was question Louis for his permit. And the bickering in between. Lagos ppl cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Kobojunkie: 4:53am On Oct 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

LMAO!!! I actually enjoyed the part where the old man was question Louis for his permit. And the bickering in between. Lagos ppl cheesy cheesy cheesy

That is what they do ooo!!! Yeye, human beings . . . I am guessing the man is a nobody wanting a piece of the spotlight for himself. lol
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Nobody: 4:58am On Oct 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

That is what they do ooo!!! Yeye, human beings  . . . I am guessing the man is a nobody wanting a piece of the spotlight for himself. lol

lmao!!1 he sure did. . . .wanted to appear as a tough important man on TV.

Did he check with officials in the state about Louis's permit before sounding like a fool?; "They will show us oversea. . . .". Okay, let's say I understand his plight, but still, shouldnt he have checked with someone before rudely interrupting a show that will be shown everywhere in the world? He wanted that spotlight for his ego.

ROTFLMAO @ The police scene. OMG!!!
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Kobojunkie: 5:12am On Oct 13, 2010
No mind am . . . na so e go go harrass every camera team around Lagos?
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Kobojunkie: 5:32am On Oct 13, 2010
I don watsh am finish . . . all I can say is 'o ga oo!!'. We still have a long way to go
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 13, 2010
Will comment when am done watching. This is very interesting. I never thought Lagos was like this.

So MC was really a politician? or attempting to become one? The dude sounds like a hoodrat.

One interesting part was when that man was trying to explain the forcefullness in Nigerian politics and how it is diffeent from the rest of the world's politics.

In my opinion, Lious had a bad Tour guide, he wasnt very clear and eloquent with his explanations. Sounded uneducated.
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Nobody: 5:52am On Oct 13, 2010
Fashola should watch this video.

Esp the part where one of the area boy said "WE DONT WANT WAR, WE DONT WANT TO FIGHT. WE WANT PEACE. WE JUST WANT JOBS".

As much as I loff the "environmental" clean up idea. . . . I feel that the police are infringing ppl's right by forcing them to stay indoors on saturday. Makes no damn sense.

LMAO @ "I am letting the little children go. I fear the almighty God" grin grin grin grin  "I understand what you're saying, dont contradict yourself" grin grin
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 13, 2010
The chief looks like a turtle with his cap off.

Just a lil comment.
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by martinosi: 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

It seems you and your ilk have nothing better to do with your time than to try to tell me how to think, right? ROFLMAO!!! Better ask him what I told him . . .

Dont get it all twisted,  i just what to know where you
are coming from, is just a straight question,

Were you born and raised in the USA or Nigeria

If you were born and raised in Nigeria
and came to the states after your 17th year birthday then i can understand your
logic, You still running your mouth with an *Obnoxious Nigerian-Immigrant Metality"

but if you were born and raised in the USA and maybe you came to Nigeria around the
age of 14/15 and then went back to the states around the age of 18/19 then
you have no excuse for the *way you reason sometimes"!!!

If you are a Nigerian and you were born and raised abroad either in North America
or Europe and you reach the age of 6 years and you cant discern that
something is wrong about the way they potray Nigeria/Africa in the media
then something is definitely wrong with you Brain!!!

There is worser poverty and social conditions in Major Parts of Asia
than Africa but you dont see the BBC doing documentaries to highlight

this fact, GO-FIGURE!
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by maxsiollun: 1:41pm On Oct 13, 2010
For those that want to watch the entire documentary, here it is:

http://maxsiollun./2010/10/09/law-and-disorder-in-lagos-area-boys/
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Kobojunkie: 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2010
martinosi:

Dont get it all twisted,  i just what to know where you
are coming from, is just a straight question,

Were you born and raised in the USA or Nigeria

If you were born and raised in Nigeria
and came to the states after your 17th year birthday then i can understand your
logic, You still running your mouth with an *Obnoxious Nigerian-Immigrant Metality"

but if you were born and raised in the USA and maybe you came to Nigeria around the
age of 14/15 and then went back to the states around the age of 18/19 then
you have no excuse for the *way you reason sometimes"!!!

If you are a Nigerian and you were born and raised abroad either in North America
or Europe and you reach the age of 6 years and you cant discern that
something is wrong about the way they potray Nigeria/Africa in the media
then something is definitely wrong with you Brain!!!

There is worser poverty and social conditions in Major Parts of Asia
than Africa but you dont see the BBC doing documentaries to highlight

this fact, GO-FIGURE!

Again, I suggest you don't quit your day job, cause you make a lousy psychoanalyst and a lousier conspiracy theorist . . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by tavon(m): 3:25pm On Oct 13, 2010
tbh the documentary is no far from the truth.
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by occam(m): 5:30pm On Oct 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Will comment when am done watching. This is very interesting. I never thought Lagos was like this.

So MC was really a politician? or attempting to become one? The dude sounds like a hoodrat.

One interesting part was when that man was trying to explain the forcefullness in Nigerian politics and how it is diffeent from the rest of the world's politics.

In my opinion, Lious had a bad Tour guide, he wasnt very clear and eloquent with his explanations. Sounded uneducated.

For me the tour guide was the real star of the documentary grin Yes, he's explanations were sometimes not clear, but trying to rationalize extortion is difficult. I think he's educated but not sure to what level. some of his lines:

-We collect money to protect people from overzealous police
-On corruption: No known corruption (with a wink) in Lagos
- Wen he compared MC to Queen of England, I thought Loius was about to punch him. Don’t think he’ll get away easily with that at an East pub in London
-The whole scene at MC Oluomo’s house was so funny

People should take a deep breath & relax; stop bashing BBC. What damage has this done to Lagos? There are hoodlums like MC all over the world doing the same thing: using young men for violence, hobnobbing with celebrity types, trying to get attention of politicians and attracting a swarm of gold diggers in skirts
-
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Oct 13, 2010
occam:

-We collect money to protect people from overzealous police
-On corruption: No known corruption (with a wink) in Lagos
-[b][size=13pt] Wen he compared MC to Queen of England, I thought Loius was about to punch him. [/size][/b]Don’t think he’ll get away easily with that at an East pub in London
-The whole scene at MC Oluomo’s house was so funny

RFOLMAO!
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by ezeagu(m): 6:08pm On Oct 13, 2010
occam:

People should take a deep breath & relax; stop bashing BBC.  What damage has this done to Lagos? There are hoodlums like MC all over the world doing the same thing: using young men for violence, hobnobbing with celebrity types, trying to get attention of politicians and attracting a swarm of gold diggers in skirts 
-

Nigerian people aren't used to this sort of international media attention, and so people become naturally suspicious. We all know that this and even the Welcome to Lagos documentary could have shown worse. I actually agree with someone earlier in this thread saying that the BBC's focus on Lagos is for economic/political reasons, although maybe not for the same reasons that was stated like Louis Theroux acting as a spy coming to tear Lagos' image apart (someone has to ask what image people on this thread are defending, maybe they'd rather leave the grimy reality to people's imagination instead of sealing it with video/audio evidence). Lagos has been officially designated as one of the next largest urban areas on earth by the almighty UN, so journalists have to do their work, they even mentioned Lagos in a recent environmental programme, and Welcome to Lagos almost filmed the exact same shots as that documentary and also mentioned that Lagos is growing. They're just eyeing the next potential competition/pace setter/world influencer that's all.
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by joshelen(m): 8:42pm On Oct 13, 2010
we too dey allow nonsense in this country, nobody can carry news like these about some of these countries. rubbish, we have our problems, but others have too, so lets live
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Oct 13, 2010
joshelen:

we too dey allow nonsense in this country, nobody can carry news like these about some of these countries. rubbish, we have our problems, but others have too, so lets live
That is a LIE! grin
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by debosky(m): 8:59pm On Oct 13, 2010
World influencer? Influencing other cities to be as lawless and filthy?  grin grin

Competitor my ass. . . .the 'competitors' are the likes of Delhi and not Lagos and you can see the giant strides they are making, depsite their obvious problems. Strides so obvious even the 'biased' BBC cannot but admit they have gotten some things right.

If being a 'large urban area' was what was required for greatness, Dhaka in Bangladesh would've been one of the greatest cities on earth by now. Size alone doesn't cut it. Once you lack basic organisation and sanity, there will simply be a large mess called a 'mega city'.
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by DisGuy: 11:20pm On Oct 13, 2010
One would have thought, Madam Dora, Jonathan or even Fashola would have responded one way or the other to this

Is madam dora going to ask for an apology?
Is Johnie going to talk about it on his facebook page?
Is Fashola going to post pictures of the buildings he commissioned or funds he raised for security?
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by ezeagu(m): 12:58am On Oct 14, 2010
ezeagu:

Nigerian people aren't used to this sort of international media attention, and so people become naturally suspicious. We all know that this and even the Welcome to Lagos documentary could have shown worse. I actually agree with someone earlier in this thread saying that the BBC's focus on Lagos is for economic/political reasons, although maybe not for the same reasons that was stated like Louis Theroux acting as a spy coming to tear Lagos' image apart (someone has to ask what image people on this thread are defending, maybe they'd rather leave the grimy reality to people's imagination instead of sealing it with video/audio evidence). Lagos has been officially designated as one of the next largest urban areas on earth by the almighty UN, so journalists have to do their work, they even mentioned Lagos in a recent environmental programme, and Welcome to Lagos almost filmed the exact same shots as that documentary and also mentioned that Lagos is growing. They're just eyeing the next [size=18pt]potential[/size] competition/pace setter/world influencer that's all.

debosky:

World influencer? Influencing other cities to be as lawless and filthy?  grin grin

Competitor my backside. . . .the 'competitors' are the likes of Delhi and not Lagos and you can see the giant strides they are making, depsite their obvious problems. Strides so obvious even the 'biased' BBC cannot but admit they have gotten some things right.

If being a 'large urban area' was what was required for greatness, Dhaka in Bangladesh would've been one of the greatest cities on earth by now. Size alone doesn't cut it. Once you lack basic organisation and sanity, there will simply be a large mess called a 'mega city'.

Can people on nairaland read? Lagos is in a country that has a fast growing economy, and no matter how much of a poverty gap there is, a middle class is coming up more and more and will push the prosperity of the city including culture wise (Media). You can't start comparing random countries like you did Nigeria to Bangladesh, when Nigeria is a dominant figure in it's continent while Bangladesh is not. Nigeria's base is Lagos and Lagos is the most influential city in West Africa. Western media is learning their lesson from East/South-east Asia about sleeping on people they see as small players.
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by oyinda3(f): 8:26am On Oct 14, 2010
Dis Guy:

One would have thought, Madam Dora, Jonathan or even Fashola would have responded one way or the other to this

Is madam dora going to ask for an apology?
Is Johnie going to talk about it on his facebook page?
Is Fashola going to post pictures of the buildings he commissioned or funds he raised for security?

I think the best response will be for a nigerian to create a documentary on race relations in the UK and the immigrant experience.
Let Nigerians see the UK for what it is. not a land of milk and honey as is being portrayed. lol It won't stop people from going abroad but it will give people something to think about.
most nigerians don't know these things. I had never heard of the word "racism" until i left naija even though it's such a huge topic.

to me, that will be the best response.
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by martinosi: 10:05pm On Oct 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Again, I suggest you don't quit your day job, cause you make a lousy psychoanalyst and a lousier conspiracy theorist . . . . ROFLMAO!!

OH I SEE! SO U R A NIGERIAN IMMIGRANT TO THE USA
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Kobojunkie: 3:38am On Oct 15, 2010
martinosi:

OH I SEE! SO U R A NIGERIAN IMMIGRANT TO THE USA,

Keep guessing . . . don't quit your day job . . . and learn to keep your delusions to yourself as not everyone cares for what you have to sell.
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Nobody: 4:22am On Oct 15, 2010
martinosi:

OH I SEE! SO U R A NIGERIAN IMMIGRANT TO THE USA,
Makes no sense
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by DisGuy: 4:57am On Oct 15, 2010
oyinda.:

I think the best response will be for a nigerian to create a documentary on race relations in the UK and the immigrant experience.
Let Nigerians see the UK for what it is. not a land of milk and honey as is being portrayed. lol It won't stop people from going abroad but it will give people something to think about.
most nigerians don't know these things. I had never heard of the word "racism" until i left naija even though it's such a huge topic.

to me, that will be the best response.

Spot on! Lets just forget about the thugs harassing innocent traders/motorist daily and sponsor a production on race relation in the UK

Funny enough there are loads of 'immigrant stories' openly available,there have been loads of programmes about racism on their TV networks and guess what their govt response was to tackle it head on as much as they could not to side step the issue

Documentaries? NTA,AIT will rather show High Chief Dr (mrs) getting another chieftancy title than 'waste' money exposing Nigerians to racism in another country
ordinary documentaries about issues within the country has not been explored by Nigerians- desertification, Niger Delta oil spills, kidnapping, SME businesses, unemployment, skill aquisition . . . these are what most nigerian would like to know I believe
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 15, 2010
Dis Guy:

Spot on! Lets just forget about the thugs harassing innocent traders/motorist daily and sponsor a production on race relation in the UK
Funny enough there are loads of 'immigrant stories' openly available,there have been loads of programmes about racism on their TV networks and guess what their govt response was to tackle it head on as much as they could not to side step the issue
Documentaries? NTA,AIT will rather show High Chief Dr (mrs) getting another chieftancy title than 'waste' money exposing Nigerians to racism in another country
ordinary documentaries about issues within the country has not been explored by Nigerians- desertification, Niger Delta oil spills, kidnapping, SME businesses, unemployment, skill aquisition . . . these are what most nigerian would like to know I believe
You are being sarcastic but you do raise a few salient points. To be frank I don't care whether the BBC or any Western media organization decide to showcase the ills of society as far as it is done in a fair objective manner which is certainly the case here.
The documentary was timely and in order. The question is what is the Lagos State government going to do about the notorious area boys and unlicensed touts. That is what we should be concerned about and not trying to sweep such unpleasant matters back under the carpet.
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by martinosi: 5:53pm On Oct 16, 2010
MEDIA MEDIA MEDIA,

People need to watch this short video

BBC, CNN, FOX, SKY, hmmm Independant Reporting indeed!!!

The Myth of the Liberal Media: The Propaganda Model of News

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYlyb1Bx9Ic&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by martinosi: 6:00pm On Oct 16, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Keep guessing . . . don't quit your day job . . . and learn to keep your delusions to yourself as not everyone cares for what you have to sell.

Dont need to it is what is, Just have to check your post and i can understand
your pattern of thought, which is "Scatter-Brain" lol

"He that does not have a systematic organised pattern of thought will always be at the mercy of him that has one",

You talk for talking sake, maybe to just let of steam or vent fustrations or anger, or hurts.

Just be constructive for a change lol

LEARN GIRL LEARN LOL!!!

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-DwH-pw1GI&feature=player_embedded#![/flash]
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Oct 16, 2010
[size=13pt]ROFLMAO!![/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police / House Of Rep Summons Fashola Over Epileptic Power Supply / Eid-El-Kabir: FG Declares Friday & Monday As Public Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.