Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) (18372 Views)

APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper / New Salaries For Buhari, Ministers, Govs & Others- Sun News / Law And Disorder In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by martinosi: 9:21am On Oct 07, 2010
This looks like being an interesting documentary by Louis Theroux

Another focus on Lagos Documentary on the BBC,

Law and Disorder in Lagos : Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 BBC2

On the streets of Lagos, it is not the police who wield power but gangs of fight-hardened young men known as Area Boys. Louis spends time with several outfits, joining them as they patrol their turf, clash with local rivals and keep the peace in a brutal and haphazard fashion. The main income for the Area Boys is an arbitrary and unofficial form of taxation, extracted from local businesses and commercial drivers. Louis gets to know the rich and glamorous Area Boy leader MC, a former street youth himself, who has now become a friend of the most powerful men in the city. Taken under MC's wing, Louis experiences the top levels of the Area Boys' world from the inside, complete with a tour of MC's grand residence and extensive shoe collection, and ending in a chaotic mini-riot with gunshots, blood and mayhem.

On the side of the law, Louis rides with KAI, the government's Kick Against Indiscipline paramilitary task force, as they storm different city districts. With bulldozers and arrest warrants, KAI use their own strong-arm tactics, and are in their way as feared as the Area Boys.

In Law and Disorder in Lagos, Louis wrestles with life in a world in which the forces of law and the forces of disorder are not always readily distinguishable and nothing is quite what it seems.

Question - Somebody asked if the BBC was seperate from the British Government?

Answer - Follow the money - The BBC is funded by TV License fee's that are paid by individuals that
own TV sets in the UK and its the Govt that indirectly helps with the collection of these fee's
so the are colloborating behind "closed Doors"

Question - Somebody Also asked if the BBC was a propaganda tools of the British Govt?

Answer - The BBC is a tool in the hands of "the Elite that control it"
and is a tool used to programme the minds [/b]of [b]UK & Non UK individuals
world wide - Period!

Question - Are major New/Media Networks tools of Propaganda

Your Guess is as good as mine, Someone is always trying to mold someones mind
everytime a TV Set is switched on!!!

See Link Below - Managed News Inside the US/NATO Military Industrial Media Empire"
with Dr. Peter Phillips of Project Censored

kpfa.org/archive/id/64324
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 07, 2010
Parachute journalism at it's worst.
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Orisdude: 12:24pm On Oct 07, 2010
That is certainly not "eveyday" Lagos
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Ayowumie(m): 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2010
The documentary is portraying lagos to be in the same category with Kabul. This is baaaad!

Orisdude:

That is certainly not "eveyday" Lagos
CERTAINLY
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by denony(m): 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2010
doesn't make any sense to me shocked
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by ada24: 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2010
u people have to realise that the type of people that tune into BBC2 do not experience the kind of life people in lagos experience, I don't know why some people just don't get it.

Do u really think someone living in their £1million town house in Hampstead will ever experience a police officer stopping their taxi cos the driver refused to drop N50. to them this is law and disorder.

don't knock it too much - i agree that the BBC need to stop with their negative stories of Nigeria but I think if we fixed ourselves up there wouldn't be anything for them to report. No one is going to the ghettos of London and putting the documentary on international TV with the title "The other London" trust me there are parts of London that are just frightening to walk around in.

thats my 2 cents for 2day.
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by bisiaet: 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2010
I am not surprise for BBC they are simply jobless or probably the ecomomic recesion has caused a serious a brain recession. Northern Ireland IRA is there fighting and bombing in their backyard they wont have time to document that but can come down to Lagos to documented issue that does not in any way their headache. It's just simply joblesness.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by bidemi12(m): 1:11pm On Oct 07, 2010
ada24:

u people have to realise that the type of people that tune into BBC2 do not experience the kind of life people in lagos experience, I don't know why some people just don't get it.

Do u really think someone living in their £1million town house in Hampstead will ever experience a police officer stopping their taxi cos the driver refused to drop N50. to them this is law and disorder.

don't knock it too much - i agree that the BBC need to stop with their negative stories of Nigeria but I think if we fixed ourselves up there wouldn't be anything for them to report. No one is going to the ghettos of London and putting the documentary on international TV with the title "The other London" trust me there are parts of London that are just frightening to walk around in

thats my 2 cents for 2day.

GBAM!!!!
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2010
goddam foreign news agencies, they are all out to destroy nigeria and paint us in a bad light. jealousy. because they are the most miserable people on earth, they want nigeria to break up

all of them with their evil agendas . useless people. just after idependece celebrations.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by eewule(m): 1:26pm On Oct 07, 2010
It is interesting that they keep choosing Nigeria over other African countries,   I WONDER WHY ?? sad undecided
Is life in Nigeria so different from Ghana, Senegal, Namibia Tanzania, Liberia etc,  ?   
any ideas people , ?
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by bidemi12(m): 1:27pm On Oct 07, 2010
oyb:

goddam foreign news agencies, they are all out to destroy nigeria and paint us in a bad light. jealousy. because they are the most miserable people on earth, they want nigeria to break up

all of them with their evil agendas . useless people. just after idependece celebrations.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

we all have problems at home but we do our best to manage them or "best" case scenario, hide it. but when you mismanage them and worse still, decide to air them on a daily basis for others to see then you are inviting peoople to waggle their tongues about you. It is a simple fact of life.
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by bidemi12(m): 1:35pm On Oct 07, 2010
eewule:

It is interesting that they keep choosing Nigeria over other African countries,   I WONDER WHY ?? sad undecided
Is life in Nigeria so different from Ghana, Senegal, Namibia Tanzania, Liberia etc,  ?   
any ideas people , ?

trust me, they are fair when it comes to coverage. the only thing is since we are nigerians what business is it of ours if they are talking about somalia or liberia. we are more interested in our country and switch of when there is news of liberia or namibia. the same way you are complaining is the same way they are too. it does't help when it is obvious that we have so much potential but misuse them. think about it if you know someone who was an A student in high school and got a first class in college but is now a tout, armed robber and fraudster will you not be intrigued about his life?
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 07, 2010
bidemi12:

we all have problems at home but we do our best to manage them or "best" case scenario, hide it. but when you mismanage them and worse still, decide to air them on a daily basis for others to see then you are inviting peoople to waggle their tongues about you. It is a simple fact of life.

if you go through my posting history, you will find i am being sarcastic wink

i am simply spouting a line that will soon feature on this thread big time  wink

since we can't wash our linen, we can't say much when others do it for us
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by bidemi12(m): 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2010
oyb:

if you go through my posting history, you will find i am being sarcastic wink

i am simply spouting a line that will soon feature on this thread big time wink

since we can't wash our linen, we can't say much when others do it for us

grin
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by JUO(m): 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2010
Nigeria and Nigerians are bad but one day things will change
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by egift(m): 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2010
Welcome To Lagos - Mind Your Own Business The hand of hustling grin grin grin
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2010
Here we go again
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by 13volts(m): 2:16pm On Oct 07, 2010
If na Aljazeera won air this pple will by shouting arab conspiracy
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by babaowo: 2:17pm On Oct 07, 2010
britons should leave naija alone,they cause problems all over war nations,were not iraq or somalia,or sudan,they should stop advertizing war,devilish people they are,both usa and uk's,
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by bawomolo(m): 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2010
babaowo:

britons should leave naija alone,they cause problems all over war nations,were not iraq or somalia,or sudan,they should stop advertizing war,devilish people they are,both usa and uk's,

why should they leave u alone. do u have anything to hide?

oh wait, yes u do and that's why these documentaries get yall nervous. according to you guys. BBC should only do documentaries around GRA's and abuja. anywhere else is propaganda.
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Iysayah(m): 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2010
i saw this on t.v and the following day in class my white teacher was making a mess of it. he equated lagos with somalia, and God! who is that trash they called M.C angry.
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Laajman(m): 2:35pm On Oct 07, 2010
Two sides to this coin:

1. These white folks need to reassure themselves that they are pretty normal. My yeye white boss keeps asking questions to confirm that they (whites) live better, and that the quality of live in Nigeria is poor; people starving, govt looting etc.

2. We sef we get issues. We need to work on our issues seriously. There is hardly any good news coming out of Nigeria. Na so so looting, bombings, killings, kidnappings dey happen everyday. The average Nigerian is unhappy, aggressive and ready to cheat without blinking an eyelid wink
The streets are littered with policemen who blatantly extort everyone, and even kill for peanuts. LASTMA is ready to tow your car at the slightest excuse, Truth be told: Nigeria would rank as one of the most unlawful and disorderly societies- but I'm still proudly Nigerian!
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by otumfour(m): 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2010
eewule:

It is interesting that they keep choosing Nigeria over other African countries,   I WONDER WHY ??  sad undecided
any ideas people , ?

u juz can't leave Ghana out abi?

BTW the BBC is alwayz tryna squeeze negativity out of Africa, to them our positives are like 10% as compared to our 90% negativity, u can't blame them anywayz, its our own blackyy minded doings
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Tolulop001(f): 2:56pm On Oct 07, 2010
worreva lipsrsealed
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by debosky(m): 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2010
I don't understand BBC's obsession with Lagos. . . .is it the only city in the world?

Why can't they go and make a documentary about how dangerous Mogadishu is or something? The holes in their backsides from AK47s will give them a good story then. grin

The fact that foreign organisations can do these documentaries about Nigeria just goes to show the beauty of democracy and freedom. I'm sure Abacha and co would never have allowed such to happen.

To 'retaliate' we need to go to show the slums of London as well. . . .maybe there'll be fewer people hassling themselves to get visas. grin
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Youngichou(m): 3:27pm On Oct 07, 2010
I don tire for this Bbc self
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by LadyT(f): 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2010
Why are you all crying?

1) Have you even seen it?

2) Is it not a fact that Lagos is over run with area boys?

3) its no big deal

We are not being picked on various other countries including america have had these kind of programmes by the same reporter done on them.

tongue
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by semid4lyfe(m): 3:59pm On Oct 07, 2010
I enjoyed Welcome to Lagos, so I guess I'll enjoy this too grin grin

Moving on. . . . .
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by Gemma11: 4:19pm On Oct 07, 2010
Love Louis Theroux documentaries.
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by kabukabu50(m): 4:30pm On Oct 07, 2010
The sooner nigerians come to terms with the total chaos that they live in the better, No it is not "Normal" to hand out bribes to area boys,it is not normal to handshake police officers,it is not normal to have a group of thugs take over your neighborhood, Its not white man living, its called civilization,people unfortunately some of you dont even know what the word means.

How can nigeria attract foreign investors with gun toting thugs running rampant in neighborhoods? angry angrySome of you illiterates are to blind to comprehend that, only the learned will understand that this is actually for our own good.
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by cap28: 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2010
this louis theroux guy is one of the most condescending individuals i have ever come across on tv, he gives the impression that he really cares about his subject but its all a cover, he chooses what he feels are easy targets and tries to make them look bad by asking seemingly innocuous questions, but it backfired against him when he met and interviewed former black panther leader the late Dr Khalid Muhammed who went toe to toe with him and made him look stupid.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV0xoeoQz2A&feature=related

He should butt out of our business and focus on his own country , why hasnt he gone to wastelands like sheffield, toxteth, newcastle and so many other dumps in england that are overflowing with drugs, teenage mothers, prostitution, gangs and generations of families who have never worked for a day in their lives.
why is he not documenting that?
Re: Bbc2 To Air Law & Disorder In Lagos Sun, 10 Oct 2010, 21:00 (pic) by reindeer: 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2010
As much as it portrays us in bad light, i'm yet to see one of all these documentaries where lies were told.
Let us face facts, most places in lagos are crappy, you can't always expect them to show us the Ozumba Mbadiwes and the lekki extensions.
The real Lagos, is that which is overrun by area boys,infested with LASMA and KAI and inhabited by 2 groups of people, the minority rich and the overwhelming poor.
We hate it, but it's true, as for focusing on Nigeria and not  mentioning other african countries, well its a fact that NIgeria is perhaps the most prominent country in Africa, you wont expect them to start airing documentaries about countries with a population less than lagos except of course something drastic happens there so forget reading about gabon, ghana etc. . . . nah, not that catchy or colourful.
Notorious or not, NIJA is B.I.G grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

We Will Resist Any Attempt To Remove Ekweremadu – Ohanaeze Ndigbo / Photos From Buhari's Meeting With APC Governors In Aso Rock / Updates On Anambra Election: PDP Aspirants Hijack Delegates List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.