Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,549 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:47 PM

Should I Accept This Police Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Accept This Police Job? (22169 Views)

VIDEO: Over 30,000 fill Pakistan's stadium for only 1,100 advertised police job / Should I Accept This Job Offer? / Should I Accept This Salesboy 7am-7pm, N25k Job Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by guru90: 9:30am On Jun 27, 2019
i hate police job die......... if though na free.... i will never collect...............

Guy, get ready to carry Nigeria curse!!!
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by boomssey(f): 9:33am On Jun 27, 2019
IamD18:
What business exactly are you into that is making you contemplate for police job?

Crayfish or Recharge card?
haha! Bad shaid!
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by bonnyhope: 9:35am On Jun 27, 2019
XaintJoel20:
Good Morning Nairalanders!

I finished my national youth service in 2015 and was couldn't get a job until last year that I decide to open a business, and as God will have it the business has been growing.

Now I am in a dilemma between accepting a police job (note, it's not a graduate level position) and growing my business.

I don't want to reject the job and regret later and I also do not want to accept the job and wish I didn't.
Those in the know should tell me how easy it is to be upgraded to a graduate level position after entering with O'level and how a constable earns.
the person who want to put you in NPF should try and hustle graduate level for.....you will not enjoy the work being a recruit.
promotion is not that easy to get when u enter.
Thanks.
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:35am On Jun 27, 2019
mustydeen:

You do not need the advice.

Ordinary question, you can't answer. Please spare Nigeria, we don't want an unruly police officer. Stick to your hustle that you can't tell

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by Devilpen(m): 9:39am On Jun 27, 2019
tstx:

The way you think must be a disability
wawu
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:40am On Jun 27, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
95% of nigerian ladies are guilty of this

Your relatives inclusive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by decrownprince(m): 9:40am On Jun 27, 2019
I'm a serving member of the Nigeria Police. Jus like there are bad eggs in every organisations and professions, there are also good police officers. I would'nt say if am a good police officer or not, i will allow those who have cross path with me to be the judge. I was a computer operator in a busines center b4 joining the force and base on my computer experince i was posted to the admin (computer section). After joining the force i was able to save and went into buying and selling computers and laptops etc. You may never be promoted base on ur qualification bcuz police nw have a university where they train officer, but u may be posted to a good position base on ur qualification. You will still have time, advantage, upper hand, connections to run ur busines. Depending on ur busines u'll ve more customers among the Force. In d force, u can be transfer 2 many departments like sports, clinic, workshops, tailoring, eletrician etc depending on ur skill and qualification. Is not all constables that stand on d road

10 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:45am On Jun 27, 2019
SeniorZato:

If it's not necessary then advice urself

Ironically, he claimed he doesn't know why he is not getting jobs. Do you know how many employers he might have shut down instead of answering simple questions?
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by XaintJoel20: 9:47am On Jun 27, 2019
decrownprince:
I'm a serving member of the Nigeria Police. Jus like there are bad eggs in every organisations and professions, there are also good police officers. I would'nt say if am a good police officer or not, i will allow those who have cross path with me to be the judge. I was a computer operator in a busines center b4 joining the force and base on my computer experince i was posted to the admin (computer section). After joining the force i was able to save and went into buying and selling computers and laptops etc. You may never be promoted base on ur qualification bcuz police nw have a university where they train officer, but u may be posted to a good position base on ur qualification. You will still have time, advantage, upper hand, connections to run ur busines. Depending on ur busines u'll ve more customers among the Force. In d force, u can be transfer 2 many departments like sports, clinic, workshops, tailoring, eletrician etc depending on ur skill and qualification. Is not all constables that stand on d road

Thank you.
This is insightful and helpful.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:48am On Jun 27, 2019
ImaIma1:

Just look at how you concluded so fast. Do you hate women so much that you have to look down on them?

His mother is a SHIM.
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by FutureIG: 9:50am On Jun 27, 2019
XaintJoel20:

I finished my national youth service in 2015 and was couldn't get a job until last year that I decide to open a business, and as God will have it the business has been growing.

Now I am in a dilemma between accepting a police job (note, it's not a graduate level position) and growing my business.

I don't want to reject the job and regret later and I also do not want to accept the job and wish I didn't.
Those in the know should tell me how easy it is to be upgraded to a graduate level position after entering with O'level and how a constable earns.

Thanks.

I know much about police and paramilitary administrations in Nigeria. You'll regret accepting the job offer, being a university graduate. It'll always occur to you that you've made the biggest mistake of your life whenever you give compliments to those one star officers (those are the ones in your university degree qualification). Getting upgraded to the superintendent cadre, you'll need to apply for a permission to have a new university degree, because you got enlisted with SSCE. Your degree is unknown to the police service commission. If you're thinking of getting upgraded with the degree you didn't declare during the recruitment, that'll never happen. But, if you're willing to go back to school for a new degree, I'll advise you to accept the offer. You can only be allowed to further your studies after you've spent five years in service. Consider the politics of getting upgraded too. It's man know man. It's a very difficult endeavor.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by hausadreturn(m): 9:57am On Jun 27, 2019
decrownprince:
How does the University work? Would it make sense if a graduate applies for that?
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by FutureIG: 10:01am On Jun 27, 2019
hausadreturn:
How does the University work? Would it make sense if a graduate applies for that?

The police academy is for those that just finished their secondary school education. It's like the conventional Nigerian universities. SSCE and UTME are the requirements for getting admitted to the academy. They runs a five year academic programs, plus police training.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by OBIACHIMAOBI: 10:01am On Jun 27, 2019
What type of business do you do first.
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 27, 2019
manny4u:

My problem with women sometimes, they don't think before they talk or write.

Is it that you're just retar.ded or this is your first time of handling a smartphone or maybe both undecided

Too many dumb men on Nairaland please, especially the ones hiding under women monikers. Its like it's contagious

If the moniker you quoted had identified as a man you would have faced him as an individual who's just being immature and not lump all men together the way you did women.

Like someone said you have a disability in reasoning angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by OvaSabi1(f): 10:16am On Jun 27, 2019
yusufmurry:

Combine the two & look for someone (marry or ur wife) to temporarily manage it while be on training & try influence your posting to the state of business. After all, your offer seems to be through lobby & man-know-man.

No such conversion in Police. Rather you resign & compete for higher position. Mind you that at this point, u have edge over others because of your network & ogas you have worked with.

Accept the job boy.

You're already banking on him marrying an unemployed woman. Nigerians! Worse still, you're banking on the prerequisite that she will have no speciality skills or trade of her own.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by TheAviator: 10:26am On Jun 27, 2019
XaintJoel20:

Thanks.
Brother, please and please, don't make the mistake of accepting the Police job. Focus on growing your business. You can become a billionaire from that business, something that is almost impossible as a Police recruit.
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by decrownprince(m): 10:28am On Jun 27, 2019
hausadreturn:
Is just like the normal university, you must pass ur WAEC and write jamb to gain admission to study any course of your choice. Once u graduate, ur rank will be one star. Just like NDA.
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by swimnigeria(m): 10:32am On Jun 27, 2019
Dear OP,

You really need to follow your heart in the first place. I was in your shoes 10 years ago and was even in 100 level at this time. What i did was to defer my admission for a year and went for the training.

After the training i maneouvered my way back to school to resume my studies, this time my mates were in 200l, I continued studying at the same time tidying my ways till i graduated from school with a Bsc Hons.

Fastfoward to 2014, i took an internal promotional exam for ASP passed but they Dabaru everything from Aso Rock smiley...

The benefits is that i dey waka for street without fear of harassment from any baga...lol. In terms of pay, you will not live a normal life of you depend on police for your pay survival.

Take the job, after your training cane your lane. Do your business. Police is very flexibe... Las las if you are a force man you are 90% safe in Nigeria exp Lagos...

Thank me later....

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by decrownprince(m): 10:35am On Jun 27, 2019
XaintJoel20:

Thank you.
This is insightful and helpful.
Happy to help. Feel free to ask if u have more question.
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by KubwaBoy: 11:06am On Jun 27, 2019
XaintJoel20:

Thanks.
Accept and resign if you are not comfortable with it
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by manny4u(m): 11:15am On Jun 27, 2019
Thoniameek:

Is it that you're just retar.ded or this is your first time of handling a smartphone or maybe both undecided

Too many dumb men on Nairaland please, especially the ones hiding under women monikers. Its like it's contagious

If the moniker you quoted had identified as a man you would have faced him as an individual who's just being immature and not lump all men together the way you did women.

Like someone said you have a disability in reasoning angry
Lolz!!!!!!
No vex hanty.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by tolulope1990(m): 11:26am On Jun 27, 2019
leo047:
you're deviating from the topic...That's how people in my neighborhood keep calling me yahoo boy, because of the nature of my business and company...i waiting patiently for them to invite Efcc
Let him tell us his business because he has refused to say it and what business are you running either that they are suspecting you in your neighborhood?
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by Klington: 11:32am On Jun 27, 2019
Most big business moguls we know today started just the way you're doing now.
Thank goodness you confessed the business is doing relatively well at the moment. Why don't you focus on pushing it to a greater height instead of contemplating accepting this miserable Nigerian police job.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by Edyice: 11:34am On Jun 27, 2019
The process is starting few days from now . Remember you have 210,114 persons to beat .
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by arrestdarrester: 12:11pm On Jun 27, 2019
If you are not entering at graduate level please forget the job and face your business. One more thing; thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by Temitope124(m): 12:49pm On Jun 27, 2019
bro.....may the lord direct you on path to choose.....but remember thy lord will bless the work of you hands.....God bless you with your decision.....
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by DarlingEmojist(m): 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2019
manny4u:

My problem with women sometimes, they don't think before they talk or write.

Ah!
Women should not be exempted..
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by Nostradamus: 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2019
nairalee:

Business over Salary anytime any day. I wish u can see the future of your business you won't be contemplating this.

not always true.sometimes,a paid employment is better than business(except you've got a huge sum to invest on the business,not investing 50k,100k,150k on a small roadside business). Remember,nigeria environment is actually unfavourable for business growth.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by hausadreturn(m): 2:20pm On Jun 27, 2019
decrownprince:
Is just like the normal university, you must pass ur WAEC and write jamb to gain admission to study any course of your choice. Once u graduate, ur rank will be one star. Just like NDA.
Which means a graduate cannot apply anymore right? Because e no go even make sense sef.
Re: Should I Accept This Police Job? by decrownprince(m): 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2019
hausadreturn:
Which means a graduate cannot apply anymore right? Because e no go even make sense sef.
Yes. Unless u reduce ur age and rewrite jamb and WAEC and forget ur present certificate. I knw of a guy dat finish his B.Sc at d age of 21yrs. He reduce his age and rewrite WAEC and get admission into NDA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers State University Job Vacancies 2019 (Full List) / Why Should We Hire You? The Answer To The Question! / How To Say Thank You After A Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.