Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,830 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook (6516 Views)

Ex-President Jonathan's Message & Wishes To Muslims / President Jonathan's Message Ahead Of Tomorrows Election. / Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by saydfact(m): 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2010
To prove to you that their interests are personal and not for the people they claim to represent you will notice that while this administration has spent considerable time and resources as well as focused attention on the recent floods in Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi and Jigawa states and the Cholera epidemic in certain parts of Nigeria as well as the lead poisoning that has consumed 400 children in Zamfara state, these so called concerned people have not been known to address any of these issues nor offer a word of succour to the victims. This is irrefutable proof that their only focus is how to get power and not the wellbeing of the long suffering people of Nigeria whom I have sworn to Almighty God to protect

[size=14pt]we are talking terrorism and killing and a wrong statement made, yet HE IS TALKING POLITICS, NATURAL DISASTERS AND DEFENCE FOR A GROUP DAT SHD BE APPREHENDED,, [/size].

lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by Akanbiedu(m): 3:46pm On Oct 07, 2010

To prove to you that their [/b]interests are personal and not for the people they claim to represent you will notice that while this administration has spent considerable time and resources as well as focused attention on the recent floods in Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi and Jigawa states and the Cholera epidemic in certain parts of Nigeria as well as the lead poisoning that has consumed 400 children in Zamfara state, these so called concerned people have not been known to address any of these issues nor offer a word of succour to the victims. This is irrefutable proof that [b]their only focus is how to get power and not the wellbeing of the long suffering people of Nigeria whom I have sworn to Almighty God to protect.

Petty president. While it is a must for Jonathan to address the outlined problems, it is not a must for the people fighting him. Why? Because they are not in power.

"My people" "their people". This is unbecoming of a sitting president. While those people Dr. Jonathan is addressing can claim to fight for a zone, Jonathan can not afford such, He is currently Nigerian president. He should behave like a PhD holder that he is.

Soon, politicians will start avoiding Jonathan, he is behaving like a BABY.
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by saydfact(m): 4:11pm On Oct 07, 2010
Hissss!!! Nigeria have been reduced to a web page

Me I own a full dynamic website www. While Mr. President is all about a campus page

lovely site u gat there, poor enuf, not even u is logged into it,
too bad, people make a product great, i'll advise u drive traffic there , or just remove the link totally from here,

dont get me wrong, i'm trying to make u work,

lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by endy97(m): 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2010
I Luv this speach. GEJ critics are confused so no matter how they join forces together they cannot get GEJ. he don jum and pass their bombs
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by thiscounts(m): 4:17pm On Oct 07, 2010
Could someone explain this to Mr President?
         Pragmatics is a systematic way of explaining language use in context. It seeks to explain aspects of meaning which cannot be found in the plain sense of words or structures, as explained by semantics.

'To prove to you that their interests are personal and not for the people they claim to represent you will notice that while this administration has spent considerable time and resources as well as focused attention on the recent floods in[b] Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi and Jigawa states and the Cholera epidemic in certain parts of Nigeria as well as the lead poisoning that has consumed 400 children in [/b] Zamfara state, these so called concerned people have not been known to address any of these issues nor offer a word of succour to the victims. This is irrefutable proof that their only focus is how to get power and not the wellbeing of the long suffering people of Nigeria whom I have sworn to Almighty God to protect.''

And also about SPEECH ACT THEORY

Speech act theory broadly explains these utterances as having three parts or aspects: locutionary, illocutionary and perlocutionary acts.

Locutionary acts are simply the speech acts that have taken place.
Illocutionary acts are the real actions which are performed by the utterance, where saying equals doing, as in betting, plighting one's troth, welcoming and warning.
Perlocutionary acts are the effects of the utterance on the listener,  

If he is aware of the language act then he should becareful how he uses words.It wrecks havock than the twin bombs.
Let him learn how to manage crises without escalating it
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by alanbolo(m): 4:42pm On Oct 07, 2010
^^^^^^ you can offer ur suggestion to his Facebook page.
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by johnkaro(m): 5:36pm On Oct 07, 2010
thiscounts:

Could someone explain this to Mr President?
         Pragmatics is a systematic way of explaining language use in context. It seeks to explain aspects of meaning which cannot be found in the plain sense of words or structures, as explained by semantics.

'To prove to you that their interests are personal and not for the people they claim to represent you will notice that while this administration has spent considerable time and resources as well as focused attention on the recent floods in[b] Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi and Jigawa states and the Cholera epidemic in certain parts of Nigeria as well as the lead poisoning that has consumed 400 children in [/b] Zamfara state, these so called concerned people have not been known to address any of these issues nor offer a word of succour to the victims. This is irrefutable proof that their only focus is how to get power and not the wellbeing of the long suffering people of Nigeria whom I have sworn to Almighty God to protect.''

And also about SPEECH ACT THEORY

Speech act theory broadly explains these utterances as having three parts or aspects: locutionary, illocutionary and perlocutionary acts.

Locutionary acts are simply the speech acts that have taken place.
Illocutionary acts are the real actions which are performed by the utterance, where saying equals doing, as in betting, plighting one's troth, welcoming and warning.
Perlocutionary acts are the effects of the utterance on the listener,  

If he is aware of the language act then he should becareful how he uses words.It wrecks havock than the twin bombs.
Let him learn how to manage crises without escalating it

My brother when serious matter is being discussed, you are here exhibit your ignorance. Are you a British man? What has blowing of grammar correctly and their usage done to us in this country Nigeria? Nothing!! so pls if you don't have anything to contribute sidon see and find your way.
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by DRANOEL(m): 5:53pm On Oct 07, 2010
look at the way the slowpoke talks,my people,their people, where did nigeria go wrong to get this crap of a president
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by warrior01: 5:55pm On Oct 07, 2010
look at the way the slowpoke talks,my people,their people, where did Nigeria go wrong to get this crap of a president

who are you referring to as a slowpoke? are you ok at all calling your president a slowpoke? I think you need to have your head examined.
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by DRANOEL(m): 5:58pm On Oct 07, 2010
warrior01:

who are you referring to as a slowpoke? are you ok at all calling your president a slowpoke? I think you need to have your head examined.

my head? good grief,i think you need to have your ancestry examined
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by lovejo(m): 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2010
Posted by Bala Hassan on Oct 07 2010
The truth is always hard to believe, i am from North and it is true that we love to bury the Truth. What the Nigerians want to hear from Goodluck is lies. It is better he choose the way of the truth. Say it and say it loud, people will say what they like. TRUTH is TRUTH. HE is the head of the security in Nigeria, for those who said he should have waited for the result to come out. He is communication well and getting upto date information better than any person in Nigeria now. He is truly incharge, so no point t discredit him or say he is not capable. The problem is in us as Nigerian who dont want to believe truth. The Truth is that those who set the bomb are the people who are using it against the president. No doubt, we must learn to accept the truth and not to praise evil. I am worried that we are jumping into issues like people that never set eyes on the 4 walls of a school. Allow the president to tell us what actually happens

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5627275-146/government_asks_me_to_implicate_north.csp
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by patani(m): 6:26pm On Oct 07, 2010
The major problem I have with citizen of this nation is the fact that we are too sentimental (No wonder we are the most religious nation in the World), Goodluck J has nothing to offer this country, He has emphasize in his speech in the past and during declaration that he is not promising Nigeria anything, sooo If he does not perform no one should crucify him, I believe its time we stop beliveing easily that things are divine, Some thing can appear divine but they are actually things that just came to be without Supreeme power behing them, Its time we all put our Destiny in our hands, Nigeria need a young Blood/Firm personalty/Democrat (Maybe a Nuhu Ribadu)/, TRUTH BE TOLD
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by warrior01: 6:27pm On Oct 07, 2010
my head? good grief,i think you need to have your ancestry examined
@ Dranoel, sorry the psychiatric doctor from Yaba left will soon be with you in a minute. Just exercise a little patience ok, no matter how serious your mental illness might be, you will soon be attended to.
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by chosen04(f): 6:54pm On Oct 07, 2010
So what do we expect from a president who is YET to even do anything to improve the LOTS of his Niger Delta people who had been neglected for so long?
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by Lloydmaro(m): 7:25pm On Oct 07, 2010
But y all dis suspence, see i dont even know what or who 2 believe anymore, everyday accusations & counter accusations, let d security agencies make arrest quick, period.
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by seun0622(m): 7:56pm On Oct 07, 2010
lovejo:

Posted by Bala Hassan on Oct 07 2010
The truth is always hard to believe, i am from North and it is true that we love to bury the Truth. What the Nigerians want to hear from Goodluck is lies. It is better he choose the way of the truth. Say it and say it loud, people will say what they like. TRUTH is TRUTH. HE is the head of the security in Nigeria, for those who said he should have waited for the result to come out. He is communication well and getting upto date information better than any person in Nigeria now. He is truly incharge, so no point t discredit him or say he is not capable. The problem is in us as Nigerian who dont want to believe truth. The Truth is that those who set the bomb are the people who are using it against the president. No doubt, we must learn to accept the truth and not to praise evil. I am worried that we are jumping into issues like people that never set eyes on the 4 walls of a school. Allow the president to tell us what actually happens

This is coming from one of the very few unbiased northerners.
In case of doubt, We need to be aware of some facts.
1. GEJ is President and C in C , therefore he has access to highly classified information that are not available to average Nigerians not even the highly placed in the society.

2. He could not have been wrong when he claimed he knew the perpetuators of the bomb blasts given the level and authencity of the Information at his disposal.

3. The evil genius himself IBB, cannot sincerely claim (in his heart) that Mr. President is ignorant about the elements behind the incidents.

4. The President claimed that MEND was not responsible as we were made to beleive , I think he was proved right by the ORIGINAL members of MEND who visited him, not the so called criminal in Henry orkar who is even not a recognised leader of MEND.

5. Can someone trace back the history of Bomb blast in this Country, I m very sure you know there is just one known Masterminder in our history books , IBB.

6. Goodluck never retrieved his words and coupled with his FB write up , we now know he still stands by his earlier claims. tho he might have told us the truth when there was little or no evidence to make us beleive.

7. I want to beleive he will still get to the root of all these and the criminals will be brought to book.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5627275-146/government_asks_me_to_implicate_north.csp
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by youngmonie: 8:05pm On Oct 07, 2010
mehn im sure somepeople would be amazed that their president cant write a beautiful speech like dis, buh trust mee tell him to read it out to you lipsrsealed, im pretty sure this guy did not even think of most of the things that are there, it was written up and showed to him. And im so suprised, nigerians that hve bn shuting pdp this pdp dat, we dnt want pdp yet they are jumping over jonathan, phewwww all of u that are loving dis guy would be dissappointed , just like that most ppll were loving obama noww, trust me that guys presidency is threatned cos he has failed many nigerians
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by ayinba1(f): 8:16pm On Oct 07, 2010
"Bwahhhaaahhhhh'  Hey Joe, why you dey cry now? Shebi na u be Presido?

GEJ continues to cry uncontrollably

"chai, Chineke, these mallams be bad thing o, dem no go let me remain for this treasury seat, hey!"

Mr GEJ is interested in only one thing, ppl, how to remain President. The question is What is he going to do IF he remains President?

Same thing he has done for the past few months.

The FB post sounds like a woman whining. This guy is an embarrasment to the Nation. He has divided the country. We now know that he is doing a favour to the states he listed by spending Federal resources on "their" people.

GEJ supporters; Is he a ND president or a FRN?

Even these so called Hausa's that we complain about are way more polished than JEG(A) ooopsy Akalation there.  GEJ needs a lesson OR he should save us further embarassment and SH UT Up!
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by supereagle(m): 8:51pm On Oct 07, 2010
National Broadcast is better than face book. Few Nigeria will have access to it on face book.
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 07, 2010
Dear NLs,
His comments on MEND's non-involvement was in my opinion hasty but daring.Quiet people are known to be dangerous and I think
Besides, he fired the first salvo to excite a weakening political system and he got it.For once, lets concentrate on a major agenda, I suspect OBJ mentored him on this new tricks to keep the polity active.If it were in the past, Nigerians will only mourn the demise of our fellow citizens and move on or perhaps an air-crash on that celebration day.It could even be that, sunami will occur somewhere in the country. I believe modern politics has gone beyond the use of  'diplomat tenses' in responding to the media.Lets change our style for once.
Can't we be real for once, imagine the use of 'my' banned words such as :
1.    "I am on my way coming",  Pls state exactly where you are.
2.    "I will try",   Its a simple way of telling someone you not do it.
3.    We are working on it,    Pls state exactly the stage or progress level.
4.    "They said",    Pls specify who said what
5.    "They will get back to us" ,    Pls always demand for definite feedback dates.
My one-month salary to anyone who is not guilty of these inchoate phrase. shocked  Imagine the BP saga in the USA recently, remember what Obama told his people.Imagine the British PM on Tax review among other things.Please let the President express himself very well. I concur smiley
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by marcus1234: 9:05pm On Oct 07, 2010
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by xman044: 9:09pm On Oct 07, 2010
one thing i will always advise my president is to be very careful, with does that seem to be friends
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 07, 2010
"National Broadcast is better than face book. Few Nigeria will have access to it on face book."

We know, it is a limitation of the new media (facebook), but it has a lot of advantages that is why you are here wink
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by Prince22(m): 9:32pm On Oct 07, 2010
Ok, let us wait and see their Jimik both side of the politiking
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by DisGuy: 9:51pm On Oct 07, 2010
chakula:

Facebook again why not NTA and Radio Stations,How many Nigerians can access facebook,This dude is not serious at all.

its a tactics to avoid the northerners grin Internet penetration in the north is extremely low

And Jonathan would rather speak to Oyinbo than speak for Nigerian media though Madam Dora will use the budget this year to renovate many offices

Up til now Jonathan cant grant any nigerian journalist an interview or even access like Obama so insecure!
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by whizkid10(m): 9:53pm On Oct 07, 2010
there wouldnt have been any bomb blast if gej had not declare his intention to run for the presidency of this country,bombs are identified with a certain ibb,we are so blind to see.
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by samoks(m): 10:11pm On Oct 07, 2010
My pointssssssssss

1.)Whether on Facebook or twitter,he has passed his message. But sadly enough, we have just 1.7million Nigerians on facebook.

And i am sure not all the 1.7m people have access to him.

2.) whether a northerner or Southerner, i do not want any of those old fools again, if Jonathan won't win the elections, then Ribadu should, but for the old fools to come back to rule us again, then i am in support of Break-up of this nation
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2010
Stop deceiving yourselves and other nairalanders. You think he writes on his facebook? Rubbish. It is managed by his IT department idi, ots

Gbam!! many here actually believe GEJ to be the writer/composer of the speeches posted on his facebook,,, how dumb.
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by Abuloma80(f): 10:43pm On Oct 07, 2010
To prove to you that their interests are personal and not for the people they claim to represent you will notice that while this administration has spent considerable time and resources as well as focused attention on the recent floods in Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi and Jigawa states and the Cholera epidemic in certain parts of Nigeria as well as the lead poisoning that has consumed 400 children in Zamfara state, these so called concerned people have not been known to address any of these issues nor offer a word of succour to the victims. This is irrefutable proof that their only focus is how to get power and not the wellbeing of the long suffering people of Nigeria whom I have sworn to Almighty God to protect.
I hope the Northern Leaders Forum and its evil minded members have access to this speech. They are busy asking for resignation of the president while people in their zone are dying in hundreds. I wish that Ciroma of a man could be stoned to death.

What is happening in the states he mentioned are natural disaster, not man made.

Whereas Kidnapping and bomb blasts are man made, carried out in his zone, by his zone people.

Yet not a word posted about them, on his so called facebook. May God save the nation!!!!
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by samoks(m): 11:38pm On Oct 07, 2010
Think positive, think 4 nations in waiting from Naija
Re: 'In Defence Of Life And Property' - Jonathan's Message On Facebook by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 08, 2010
The major problem I have with citizen of this nation is the fact that we are too sentimental (No wonder we are the most religious nation in the World), Goodluck J has nothing to offer this country, He has emphasize in his speech in the past and during declaration that he is not promising Nigeria anything, sooo If he does not perform no one should crucify him, I believe its time we stop beliveing easily that things are divine, Some thing can appear divine but they are actually things that just came to be without Supreeme power behing them, Its time we all put our Destiny in our hands, Nigeria need a young Blood/Firm personalty/Democrat (Maybe a Nuhu Ribadu)/, TRUTH BE TOLD

You talk well jare. Also, my country people talk say, fly weh no dey hear word,  na im dey follow dead body enter grave. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People / APC Desperation For Oil State; State Of Emergency To Be Declared In Rivers State / Buhari To Sign Climate Change Pact In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.