Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,968 members, 7,810,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left (55449 Views)

5 Artistes Who Chose To Do Music Even Though Their Parents Were Billionaires!! / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Acquired A G-wagon (photos) / Orezi Rocks New Hairstyle, Warns Nigerian Artistes Not To Copy It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by Airoflaw(m): 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2019
Emmzy201:
Why are you calling Lala
Is he also a musician
he,s a snakecian
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by BenzEne1(m): 12:03pm On Jun 27, 2019
LisaAnne:
Sean tizzle,
Jessy jagz,
djinee
Sasha
mocheddah
eldee
Terry g
styl plus

Jesse Jagz

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by Abduletudaye(m): 12:03pm On Jun 27, 2019
srclark:
one of baba plug no dey work again

lmao cheesy
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by AnyoneButAtiku: 12:08pm On Jun 27, 2019
Eddie Remedy
Lord of Ajasa
African China
Styl Plus
Ruff Rugged & Raw (Wetin Dey - All time classic) grin
Jazzman Olofin

^^^Where they at?
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by squarelead(m): 12:09pm On Jun 27, 2019
Yahooze 2012?
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by srclark: 12:10pm On Jun 27, 2019
Abduletudaye:

lmao cheesy
people like eldee de don ,sasha ,blackface,marvellous benji ,konga,style plus,rymzo,wey suppose dey the list no dey na olu wey still dey ball him put na just the height of confusion be this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by compton11(m): 12:10pm On Jun 27, 2019
yahooze wasn't 2012 ooooooo another artists are DJ zeez clever jay danny young zee world
but OP you are wicked ooooo,4 of those five are Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by Ethannathan(m): 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
sharpwriter:
OP, how old are you? So Yahooze stormed music industry in 2012 ba? Una go jux dey carry rubbish news upandan. @gistvicreports undecided
Yahooze is 2007

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by ikorodureporta: 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
gistvicreports:

Gistvic brings to the table 5 Nigerian Artistes who were once popular, their songs and why they left with their hit songs still on the lips of fans. Gistvic Reports.

Some Nigerian artiste had shaked the music industry over the years with their banging tune but suddenly leaves the whole music environment based on family, funds and resources or individual personal reasons.

Gistvic has been able bring into look 5 of this artiste who once passed through the Nigeria entertainment industry.

1. WEIRD MC

Weird MC also known as Shola Idowu and The Rappatainer is a Nigerian rapper, songwriter, and producer known for her English/Yoruba lyrics and one of Africa's most popular female rappers. Gistvic Reports.

Weird MC "Ijoya" which was produced by two veterans -Don Jazzy and JJC and was popular in 2006 as it took over everywhere in Nigeria and earned Weird MC an AMEN award for Most Pop Song, and a Channel O Music Video Award for Best Special Effect.

The last news heard from Weird MC was how she was open to love, the love of God and plans on having kids.

2. AY.Com

Years back, singer, AY.com, used to be one of the raves in the industry. However, after his hit song, "Pass me your Love" he was nowhere to be found. Gistvic Reports.

During an interview on how he would handle the competition in the industry, he said:

It was gathered by Gistvic Team that he left based on finance and keeping up with the music trend.

3. LACE

[img]https://1.bp..com/-dr3Khbb7qXI/XRQwjuQH7CI/AAAAAAAAF0g/skoJLozjCJw68gWRdiWNihrUqDuWzsMVgCLcBGAs/s400/lc....1.JPG[/img]

Taiwo Agbohunsa known as Lace with his trado-contemporary music was a perfect blend of urban R & B and Hip-Hop. Gistvic Reports.

Lace was popular for his hit song "Sebiwo" as it stormed the music industry in 2011.

We could recall in an interview Lace said Olamide and Wizkid are no threats to him as he looked up to Akon, Tuface and Wande coal.

Lace wasnt able to keep up the music trend.

He said:

4. Olu Maintain

[img]https://1.bp..com/-gTUu06d3kuU/XRQzRU5e58I/AAAAAAAAF0o/9SFbYJCZ5_kZFBAF-6fsyOyBEPWHOaj0gCLcBGAs/s400/yz...1.JPG[/img]

Nigerian recording artist, songwriter and performer, Olumide Edwards Adegbulu was popularly known by his stage name "Olu Maintain" and sometimes called Mr. Yahooze. Gistvic Reports.

Olu Maintain was known for his "Yahooze" song which stormed the music industry in 2012 and its "flinging" of hand dance moves.

Olu Maintain left music based on funds and keeping up with the music trends.

5. Artquake

[img]https://1.bp..com/-FBqFraSza7E/XRQ20oQxThI/AAAAAAAAF0w/s1LBO66PR7g4r3I8eBytu38aOQq7BXSkACLcBGAs/s400/art....1.JPG[/img]

Artquake, the singing duo, Adex and Ice K sang the hit song, ‘Alanta’ that rocked the airwaves in 2009. Gistvic Reports.

‘Alanta’ was also popular with the opening hands and gently carrying of each leg dance moves.

In an interview, they said they slowed down because of marriage.

They said:

Watch Videos

SOURCE: https://www.gistvic.com/2019/06/5-nigerian-artistes-with-their-songs.html

The writer of this trash need some good slap

U know even know say Artquake na Ice K & Adex, still doing things separately??
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by Ikem11(m): 12:16pm On Jun 27, 2019
Bigiano shayo nko? (I no go fit invite una come my party make una no shayo... Someone remind me that guy that sang my bebe lol
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by dopeboi142: 12:18pm On Jun 27, 2019
Luciferlove:
Who's LACE?
How old are you??
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by bizhop01: 12:19pm On Jun 27, 2019
Sky B relist just one album, and he became popular than over 90% of musicians in Africa under 1year,
Why do you forget that in hurry?
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by BruncleZuma: 12:19pm On Jun 27, 2019
TundeeednuT:
Paul Play, comes to mind.

Oshey see article writer. So if I pay this op to write article for me, this is the thrash be would submit.

Sunny Neji, Jazzman Olofin, Bamo, Styl Plus, PSquare grin, Bigiano, Soul E, Lagbaja?, African China, Faze, Black Face, DIPP, omo the list long

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by Ikem11(m): 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2019
dopeboi142:

How old are you??

Na indomie generation
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by Abduletudaye(m): 12:21pm On Jun 27, 2019
srclark:
people like eldee de don ,sasha ,blackface,marvellous benji ,konga,style plus,rymzo,wey suppose dey the list no dey na olu wey still dey ball him put na just the height of confusion be this

exactly my thoughts
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by LisaAnne(f): 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2019
freshMallam1122:
run along little girl stop pouring spits
Ryocaj:

u r high on ur bf's expired sperm for putting Vector on d list
ignoramuses

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by Splashme: 12:25pm On Jun 27, 2019
sharpwriter:
OP, how old are you? So Yahooze stormed music industry in 2012 ba? Una go jux dey carry rubbish news upandan. @gistvicreports undecided

That song was 2008, I guess.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by goodnewscliff(m): 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2019
LisaAnne:
Kelly handsome
essence
bouqui
Faze
tony tetuila
P--squaren
vector
naeto c
u follow op create the thread..... abiiii
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2019
Akalia:
The "my baby " crooner. He did couple of jams back then- the likes of "pray for me", "my baby" etc. He was popular between 2007 and 2008 if I am not mistaken. How old are you?
Jams ke The way una hype that guy then sha...grin grin grin
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by Sanisalihu: 12:35pm On Jun 27, 2019
Wait oooo,that yahooze is when i was still primary school.and you come dey talk 2012.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by BanevsJoker(m): 12:37pm On Jun 27, 2019
Luciferlove:
Who's LACE?
Na the OP.
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by hoebamaa(m): 12:52pm On Jun 27, 2019
Abduletudaye:
Olu maintain left because of funds?? how? angry angry angry
abeg help me ask the Op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by randy2020(m): 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2019
Yahoozee 2012 what brand of weed did you smoke??

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by alexvatt(m): 1:03pm On Jun 27, 2019
What about Azadus?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by Blessings4me(m): 1:04pm On Jun 27, 2019
Abduletudaye:
Olu maintain left because of funds?? how? angry angry angry
I tire oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by TFLAME(m): 1:12pm On Jun 27, 2019
Luciferlove:
Who's LACE?

Shoe lace
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by Wizywiz(m): 1:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
LisaAnne:
Sean tizzle,
Jessy jagz,
djinee
Sasha
mocheddah
eldee
Terry g
styl plus

sky B ...
.stereo man...
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by TechCapon(m): 1:35pm On Jun 27, 2019
LisaAnne:
Kelly handsome
essence
bouqui
Faze
tony tetuila
P--square
vector
naeto c
why psquare?
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by ukaface(f): 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2019
Artquake ke
Which song did they sing
Re: 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Were Once Popular And Why They Left by WarriFirstBorn(m): 1:39pm On Jun 27, 2019
Yahooze was released 2012? Which weed the OP smoke?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian With ₦87 Million Mercedes Neon Gwagon(Pics) / Kanayo O. Kanayo: Only My Sisters And I Are Alive From My Family (Pix) / Davido Praying With Crew Before A Show, One Holding Hennessy, Fans React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.