Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

IBB, OBJ Clash - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB, OBJ Clash (14774 Views)

Poll: If you have to choose between IBB and OBJ:

I'll choose IBB: 24% (62 votes)
I'll choose OBJ: 75% (190 votes)
This poll has ended

Presidency Queries Why Yakasaai, Others Did Not Tell GEJ To Probe IBB, OBJ, / IBB, Obj, Abdulsalami Deny Threat To Expose Buhari’s NNPC Scandal / Pictures Of Ibb Obj And Yaradua Taken Secretly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Olaolufred(m): 3:07pm On Oct 08, 2010
Assuming Obasanjo Makes second position on the list.

Northern Looters= 16

Southern Looters=6.

Who did better?

To me, looks like the North performed better in Ruining the Nigeria entity.

So, why are the northern Leaders un-ashamed of their cruel deeds to this nation?
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by chukz4real(m): 3:08pm On Oct 08, 2010
OBJ is far too better to be compared to or with IBB. The level of atrocities during OBJ tenure wasn't as much as that of IBB. OBJ could not achieve much due to National Assembly bottlenecks I suppose, but at least in terms of telecommunication, he deserves kudos.

IBB never needed any other arm of government to implement any policy as a military president unlike the democracy that the executive might have a good project at hand which the House members may kick against if Ghana must go won't b coming their way.

Those clamouring for the return of IBB to power are the fraudsters that IBB' administration enriched. IBB's major policy is: I steal N1,000 and you steal N5.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by TewMuch: 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2010
Lol! I think IBB's camp's 'senile' response is hilarious.They mean OBJ is saying things that go against what him and IBB understand,looting.I am sure they are shocked and shaken by this.Seems like OBJ is ready to throw it all in the air.The guy is old, not too many years left and has nothing to lose.He has enjoyed his life and loot already, while IBB is trying to refill his pocket desperately.Two crazy people and former padi's.One just doesn't give a f*uck anymore, as he see's no one will take their rubbish.Time to switch strategies.I hope they fight and expose themselves some more.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by juman(m): 3:10pm On Oct 08, 2010
Now many yoruba people are tired of Nigeria, we want to have our Odua State, how are we going to go by it if not through dialogue with the federal goverment by yoruba leaders. Will federal goverment listen to somebody like me poor and non entity? No. Except our leaders should do something about it. Before the matter will one day surpass them. May be in five years time or ten years time if the surferness reach a state, people will not listen to these leaders anymore. May God be with us.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by latinger: 3:14pm On Oct 08, 2010
those two men are hold fools
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 08, 2010
they are both senile, but IBB is more senile. For those of us who dont knw IBB too wel, because then we were too young, all we can say is that majority of the populace cannot hate you without a course, I think he should repent & ask God for forgiveness,
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2010
both are bad but IBB is the DEVIL
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by juman(m): 3:23pm On Oct 08, 2010
Before responsible goverment expect citizens to contribute to the development of the country, the goverment should firstly provide the platform where these citizens can excel in their choosen field. Then they will be able to contribute some thing tangible. But a very poor man, what can he contribute? May be by not commiting crime, that is his own contribution.
A graduate of 10 years with no tangible job, what can he contribute to the development of the country? Of course nothing. For god shake these present leaders have nothing to offer the masses. They don't even understand governance. But things cannot be like this forever. May god bless the soul of Gani fawehinmi, Beko Ransome-Kuti and others.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Goldenmeda(m): 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2010
Two big old fools,
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Reference(m): 3:27pm On Oct 08, 2010
It continues and remains about people, strong men, never institutions. When the IBB camp defends his economic decisions he says 'the brightest brains' were responsible exonerating himself while blaming others so that his personality remains intact. When men and not institutions take prime responsibility for all decisions failure is inevitable. Can anyone here name the person in the IMF who shackled us. No one. We say IMF. Who is IMF. But because they hate their people, they have no respect for their people, because they feel their people know nothing, because they feel the generations coming are worthless, they remain dictators. Was it not the expensive institution called Nat. Assembly that saved us from OBJ planned autocratic rule. Was it not the imperfect Supreme court that saved Anambra from OBJ and his goons. If the EFCC has failed it was because it was about personalities - aka Nuhu Ribadu not about the institutions themselves. A strong shoe will cleave the feet and he who cannot bear the pain walks bare-footed. For OBJ's information there is a group of people who are paid to check the salaries and allowances of all public servants - elected and otherwise but until they are properly founded, cleansed of corruption, professionalized and de-tribealised they can do nothing. Tomorrow it is the same president that will send a note for employment of my brother, ask for kick backs, knock sectional heads together, undermine the system for his personal gain and whine ten years later that nothing works. Today IBB wants to be democratically elected. I would ask him one question and one question only. Oga, if Nigeria froze in 1993 and thawed today will you be standing for any elected office.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Excllncy(m): 3:30pm On Oct 08, 2010
obj is the father of modern nigera. thank god for him. if not that devil incarnate would have given nigeria out for money. god bless nigeria - god bless our president.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by co2(m): 3:34pm On Oct 08, 2010
I think think the battle line has  just been drawn lets wait n see the true GENERAL OBJ vs IBB
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by truly: 3:34pm On Oct 08, 2010
spearman:

Babangida Patron Saint of Corruption In Nigeria

Ibrahim Babangida remains the patron saint of corruption in Nigeria. No Nigerian leader before him could boast of On e million dollars in networth when they left office.

Belewa - Broke with a village hut.

Ironsi - Broke with family surviving on goodwill of kinsmen.

Gowon - British had to pay for his upkeep in exile.

Mohamed - Returned stolen money to the treasury. Died poor.

Obasanjo - The first Obansanjo was owing so much money on the loan for his farm he was bankrupt.

Shagari - Retired poor to his village.

Buhari - Essentially made no money as Head of State. Might have helped himself under Abacha. (post IBB influence)

The fact is none of the leaders before Babangida could phantom you could steal like he did and get away with it. Babangida set the Billionaire standard for the leaders after him. Every Nigerian leader from then on must try to steal a billion dollars. Abacha, Ibori, Igbinedion etc are all Babangida's creation.

This is an untrue post

Obj awarded many contracts to his friends to help himself before leaving office in 1979
Remember the Andrew Young story?
He proceeded to set up a farm - Temperance Enterpries (to hide his ownership of the company)
When people saw through that ruse, he renamed it Obasanjo Farms

Obasanjo became bankrupt due in part to his incarceration by Abacha
He returned to office in 1999 bankrupt
Is he still a pauper today?

Go and check out his house
Go and check how he used govt influence to buy a N7b library for himself
What about the contract he awarded to his friend/lawyer (Afe Babalola) to incorporate just 1 company for N250m

I really cannot stand the hypocrite

You also said that  Buhari may have helped himself - you are not sure but you are saying it
The one of Obj that we are sure of you are ignoring
I don't think this is how to build a nation

I really believe that after asking Haroun Adamu to look at PTF activities, if Obj had found something he would have mentioned it in 2003 and 2007
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by truly: 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2010
Excllncy:

obj is the father of modern nigera. thank god for him. if not that devil incarnate would have given nigeria out for money. god bless nigeria - god bless our president.
You are not from Anambra, Odi, Bakassi or Zaki Biam
Sincerely, those people are human beings and also Nigerians
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by truly: 3:39pm On Oct 08, 2010
chukz4real:

OBJ is far too better to be compared to or with IBB. The level of atrocities during OBJ tenure wasn't as much as that of IBB. OBJ could not achieve much due to National Assembly bottlenecks I suppose, but at least in terms of telecommunication, he deserves kudos.

IBB never needed any other arm of government to implement any policy as a military president unlike the democracy that the executive might have a good project at hand which the House members may kick against if Ghana must go won't b coming their way.

Those clamouring for the return of IBB to power are the fraudsters that IBB' administration enriched. IBB's major policy is: I steal N1,000 and you steal N5.

I don't like IBB and neither do I like Obj
I still believe that Obj is WORSE than IBB

Please remind us the good things that Obj did
and I will tell you the good things that IBB did
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by tp2philike(m): 3:42pm On Oct 08, 2010
Pot calling kettle black.two great thieves.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Ugeh: 3:42pm On Oct 08, 2010
I like Uncle Sege for his frank arrogance. Fire on Baba everything is under alarm and there is no call for control. Nigeria is becoming a theatre of comedies. I can't imagine what shakespare will call this. "comedy of absurdities?" May be we should turn to Soyinka for a new name. cry cry cry cry
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Parnassuss(m): 3:43pm On Oct 08, 2010
The fact is none of the leaders before Babangida could phantom you could steal like he did and get away with it. Babangida set the Billionaire standard for the leaders after him. Every Nigerian leader from then on must try to steal a billion dollars. Abacha, Ibori, Igbinedion etc are all Babangida's creation.

To that is the major point.
OBJ may be good to mock but in all truthfullness the man set some very steady foundations for SOMEONE ELSE TO DEVELOP ON. I hate Yaradua cos he inherited a much beta Nigeria than he left. IBB is just the embodiment of evil and wrong. I love OBJ, I don't think many could have done beta in his shoes, it mustn't have been easy all those dogs scrambling for positions to gorge themselves on and he keeping them at bay. I still no gree say the Otta farmer stole TOO MUCH or any degree comparable to IBB's.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by juman(m): 3:44pm On Oct 08, 2010
I don't see Baba (OBJ) as part of solution to our numerous problem. He is part or even one of the core problem we have. THIS BAD GOVERNANCE WILL NOT BE GOING ON FOR EVER. CERTAINLY.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by hinduism(f): 3:47pm On Oct 08, 2010
Does OBJ's Statement means that IBB has already lost the PDP primaries grin grin grin grin grin
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by wales(m): 3:48pm On Oct 08, 2010
with all this i still give it to OBJ for he is far better than IBB !
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by OAM4J: 3:49pm On Oct 08, 2010
OBJ vs IBB!!! Who is winning?  

Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Olaolufred(m): 3:50pm On Oct 08, 2010
duba:

they are both senile, but IBB is more senile. For those of us who dont knw IBB too wel, because then we were too young, all we can say is that majority of the populace cannot hate you without a course, I think he should repent & ask God for forgiveness,

Thanks Duba.

I regretted the day I was forced to stand by the roadside waiting for Demon IBB in 1986.

As a Primary six pupil, I was forced to sing National Anthem that made no meaning to Rogue IBB,

They still forced me to add the Jara of National pledge that is Opposite to IBB's manifesto.

Only to see the same man destroy the destiny of a Nation with prospective future.

It pricked my heart that Demon IBB ever ruled this nation.

When compare OBJ with Gowon, OBJ is a THIEF.

But when compare OBJ with IBB, he becomes an authomatic Saint OBJ.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by JimmyBoy1: 3:50pm On Oct 08, 2010
Believe it or not both IBB and OBJ might be at the same table enoying lunch even as we are posting comments.  They are the players  while we are the ball they kick about to score whatever goals  they have set for themselves.

Everything OBJ said about IBB is certainly true, but we all know that OBJ is a billonaire. His pension as a retired General couldnt have fetched him such fortune nor proceeds of sales of chicken and pigs on his farm.Though I conceede that the country made some progress under his leadership, but he also used his position and authority to enrich  himself by the sides.

Let us just startegize on how to ensure that our votes count henceforth, all these rubish will surely be history one day.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Ugeh: 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2010
OAM4J:

OBJ vs IBB!!! Who is winning?
Can Someone call T.Y. Danjuma to get the result of that game? This is getting serious. Abi the game draw? grin grin
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by soldee: 4:04pm On Oct 08, 2010
IBB - SAP                                OBJ - IPP
IBB - Dele Giwa                      OBJ - Bola Ige
IBB - June 12 (failed)              OBJ - Third Term (failed)
IBB - Kiled Coup plotters        OBJ - Odi (flattened)
IBB - Paris Club Debt              OBJ - Paid Paris Club Debt and re-accumulated it

On the flip side cool

IBB - Third mainland bridge, Abuja, Aso Villa, Roads - most surviving expressways in Nigeria, etc (Infrastructure development, no reforms)

OBJ - GSM, PHCN prepiad meter, Bank reforms, civil service reforms, tax reforms, etc (Reforms, no Infrastructure development)

Both of them enjoyed massive oil windfall from wars in the Middle East
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by truly: 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2010
juman:

All the programs introduced by IBB were badly manged. SAP, MAMSA and the rest were just introduced so that to siphone and steal our money.
And Obj's programmes
Go and look at NEEDS document

I don't like IBB but look at his achievements
You cannot compare him to Obj

The gas pipeline that bring gas to Lagos was built by IBB in 1989
It is the same one they are extending to West African countries
That is the only one we have and that is why we don't have gas all year round
They have to shut it down for cleaning (pigging)
If anybody had built a 2nd one, we would not have any need to shut off gas supply completely during pigging

IBB started the LNG project
Subsequent administrations made their names from collecting bribe on subsequent trains of that project

IBB completed the 3rd Mainland bridge in Lagos
Prior to IBB's tenure, it was an abandoned project

IBB introduced FRSC

IBB liberalised the licensing of Banks - some banks we know today came during his time - Zenith, GTB, IBTC, Intercontinental, Oceanic, Fidelity etc
Prior to that it was very very difficult to get a banking licence

IBB commenced privatisation - he was the one that set up TCPC and later renamed it BPE

IBB gave us the acclaimed primary healthcare under Prof Olikoye Kuti
This is still acclaimed today

IBB created the National Commission for Women which became the Ministry of Women of Affairs

IBB gave us the first female VC - Prof Grace Alele Williams

Established NEXIM, NDIC, National Planning Commission, OMPADEC (now NDDC) Bureaux de Change

Abolished the wandering law

And of course, he created ANAN which ICAN members do not like. hahaha

Will I vote IBB? No     I just believe that IBB is NOT a hypocrite like Obj
Will I vote Johnathan? No

I think PDP people are generally evil
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by truly: 4:10pm On Oct 08, 2010
soldee:

IBB - SAP                                OBJ - IPP
IBB - Dele Giwa                      OBJ - Bola Ige
IBB - June 12 (failed)              OBJ - Third Term (failed)
IBB - Kiled Coup plotters        OBJ - Odi (flattened)
IBB - Paris Club Debt              OBJ - Paid Paris Club Debt and re-accumulated it

On the flip side cool

IBB - Third mainland bridge, Abuja, Aso Villa, Roads - most surviving expressways in Nigeria, etc (Infrastructure development, no reforms)

OBJ - GSM, PHCN prepiad meter, Bank reforms, civil service reforms, tax reforms, etc (Reforms, no Infrastructure development)

Both of them enjoyed massive oil windfall from wars in the Middle East

Obj killed coup plotters - Dimka,  Bissal etc
It was IBB that dislodged Dimka from Radio Nigeria after he (Dimka) killed Murtala
This was heroic act

Actually IBB reformed the financial system
He promulgated BOFIA, revised the CBN Act, introduced finance houses, BDCs
He started privatisation through TCPC (later BPE)
He reformed the LG system too
He reformed the broadcast system - set up National Broadcasting Commission
There were no private TV stations before IBB's time
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Mobinga: 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by dejiariyo1: 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2010
What are you lots on about? i am not a babangida supporter but have you all forgotten ali must go during Obasanjo when he was the military president of Nigeria?

Obasanjo is the worst president Nigeria ever had, I am a yoruba man but i hate all this yoruba pple coming on here to support this man, he killed bola ige and u know what, he demolished all the toll gates in Nigeria for 1 million naira each and later re build it for 5million naira again, ask him what happened to the 35 million dollars meant for power.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by truly: 4:19pm On Oct 08, 2010
Olaolufred:

Assuming Obasanjo Makes second position on the list.

Northern Looters= 16

Southern Looters=6.

Who did better?

To me, looks like the North performed better in Ruining the Nigeria entity.

So, why are the northern Leaders un-ashamed of their cruel deeds to this nation?
I avoid tribal posts
But the above does not flatter the south
If they ruled for about 26% of the 50 years
How come they have 27% of the looters
Are they more efficient?
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 08, 2010
bermuda1:

Obj V IBB  is like

Osunbor calling Anini armed robber
TB Joshua calling Oyakhilome herbalist
Nnamani calling Igbinedion useless governor
Odili calling ibori thief
Fela calling Bob Marley Igbo smoker
Michael Jackson calling Jim Nwobodo alao akala bleacher
Asari Dokubo calling Ateke Tom militant
Patricia etteh calling Salisu Buhari "Once a speaker"
Osariemen Osumbo calling Celestine Omehia "Governor Before"

they are 2 sides to the same coin.

better. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jonathan Formally Dissolves Federal Executive Council Today / Governor El-rufai Breaks Fast With Journalists This Night / Ambode Signs Death Penalty For Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.