Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

IBB, OBJ Clash - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB, OBJ Clash (14741 Views)

Poll: If you have to choose between IBB and OBJ:

I'll choose IBB: 24% (62 votes)
I'll choose OBJ: 75% (190 votes)
This poll has ended

Presidency Queries Why Yakasaai, Others Did Not Tell GEJ To Probe IBB, OBJ, / IBB, Obj, Abdulsalami Deny Threat To Expose Buhari’s NNPC Scandal / Pictures Of Ibb Obj And Yaradua Taken Secretly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by dayokanu(m): 6:59pm On Oct 08, 2010
^^ 55% for a man who stole $16b on power projects, Killed his own attorney General, Leveled Odi and Zaki Biam.

Ran all our refineries to the ground.

Stole 2.8b Naira in 1978, Killed Felas mother.

Can you list IBB bad deeds and i would match it with OBJ's bad deeds
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 08, 2010
dayokanu:

^^ 55% for a man who stole $16b on power projects, Killed his own attorney General, Leveled Odi and Zaki Biam.

Ran all our refineries to the ground.

Stole 2.8b Naira in 1978, Killed Felas mother.

Can you list IBB bad deeds and i would match it with OBJ's bad deeds
since you want to rate them,i will supply ibb's crime and you do your rating anf see who is worse between the two

Ibb crippled nigeria economy through his SAP programme , making naira worthless.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2010
juman:

All the programs introduced by IBB were badly manged. SAP, MAMSA and the rest were just introduced so that to siphone and steal our money.
And Obj's programmes
Go and look at NEEDS document

I don't like IBB but look at his achievements
You cannot compare him to Obj

The gas pipeline that bring gas to Lagos was built by IBB in 1989
It is the same one they are extending to West African countries
That is the only one we have and that is why we don't have gas all year round
They have to shut it down for cleaning (pigging)
If anybody had built a 2nd one, we would not have any need to shut off gas supply completely during pigging

IBB started the LNG project
Subsequent administrations made their names from collecting bribe on subsequent trains of that project

IBB completed the 3rd Mainland bridge in Lagos
Prior to IBB's tenure, it was an abandoned project

IBB introduced FRSC

IBB liberalised the licensing of Banks - some banks we know today came during his time - Zenith, GTB, IBTC, Intercontinental, Oceanic, Fidelity etc
Prior to that it was very very difficult to get a banking licence

IBB commenced privatisation - he was the one that set up TCPC and later renamed it BPE

IBB gave us the acclaimed primary healthcare under Prof Olikoye Kuti
This is still acclaimed today

IBB created the National Commission for Women which became the Ministry of Women of Affairs

IBB gave us the first female VC - Prof Grace Alele Williams

Established NEXIM, NDIC, National Planning Commission, OMPADEC (now NDDC) Bureaux de Change

Abolished the wandering law

And of course, he created ANAN which ICAN members do not like. hahaha

Will I vote IBB? No     I just believe that IBB is NOT a hypocrite like Obj
Will I vote Johnathan? No

I think PDP people are generally evil

So badly managed that he declared "this economy has defied solution" Meaning he has failed. That was on the economic front.

On the political front, his somersaults and gymnastics was so dizzying that many politicians simply stood by and watch.
Not a few people predicted he will not hand over to an elected government and he never did.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by dayokanu(m): 7:15pm On Oct 08, 2010
Can this match the somersaults and manoueverings during the third term agenda?
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2010
He annulled the best election ever conducted in nigeria
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by dayokanu(m): 7:22pm On Oct 08, 2010
He conducted the worst election in the history of mankind through prof IWU[size=4pt]ruwuru[/size]
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 08, 2010
dayokanu:

Can this match the somersaults and manoueverings during the third term agenda?

May I respectfully ask you to go back and read about Babangidas endless transition program? There is probably none like that in the history of political transition!!! And it all ended in annulment. Frankly, he should be in jail.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Laajman(m): 7:22pm On Oct 08, 2010
55%. Dont forget I mentioned OBJ had serious conflicts of interests.

But there was relatively better security, the economy moved forward, foreign investors indicated interest, we got a huge chunk of our debts cancelled, and saved a huge portion of our earnings. Abeg give OBJ some credit- he put some serious reforms in place, and obviously, successive Presidents have hardly built on these.

My biggest problem with him was his conflict of interests- selectively pursuing corrupt leaders, not taking the educational system seriously while setting up his private univ, And you can't exactly pin the murder of Bola Ige on OBJ- what would have been his motive??

I can't point at any IBB achievements in his 8 years. Clearly, he's involved in Dele Giwa death, saddled us with enormous debt, devalued our currency, frittered $12bb, made corruption official, crippled the manufacturing sector and cancelled the June 12 elections.

~Bluetooth:

since you want to rate them,i will supply ibb's crime and you do your rating anf see who is worse between the two

Ibb crippled nigeria economy through his SAP programme , making naira worthless.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by dayokanu(m): 7:24pm On Oct 08, 2010
Aigbofa:

May I respectfully ask you to go back and read about Babangidas endless transition program? There is probably none like that in the history of political transition!!! And it all ended in annulment. Frankly, he should be in jail.

Go back and read about IBB transition?

LOL Epic LOL. Is there anything you want to know about IBB's transition? I can tell you from Day 1
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by dayokanu(m): 7:28pm On Oct 08, 2010
55%. Dont forget I mentioned OBJ had serious conflicts of interests.

But there was relatively better security, the economy moved forward, foreign investors indicated interest, we got a huge chunk of our debts cancelled, and saved a huge portion of our earnings. Abeg give OBJ some credit- he put some serious reforms in place, and obviously, successive Presidents have hardly built on these.

Which security? Which regime has the highest number of kidnap from MEND? Can you count the number of riots in the North, Sagamu, Nsukka, Miss world roiot, Shariah riot, Cartoon riots? Bola Ige, Dikibo, Funsho Williams, harry marshals etc the number of people killed during OBJ's regime cant be counted and I noticed it reduced the moment he left power. Infact OBJ killed more people than IBB a military ruler

How many political killings have we had since 2007.

IBB also put some reforms in place. The banking deregulation that brought about the likes of Zenith, GTB Oceanic etc.

My biggest problem with him was his conflict of interests- selectively pursuing corrupt leaders, not taking the educational system seriously while setting up his private univ, And you can't exactly pin the murder of Bola Ige on OBJ- what would have been his motive??

I can't point at any IBB achievements in his 8 years. Clearly, he's involved in Dele Giwa death, saddled us with enormous debt, devalued our currency, frittered $12bb, made corruption official, crippled the manufacturing sector and cancelled the June 12 elections.

How can you say a whole Minister of Justice was killed under him and nothing was found Yet you say we cant pin it on OBJ yet you can pin a Journalist death on IBB? What would have been IBB's motive with a mere journalist.
OBJ swallowed $16bn, The corruption in OBJ's regime can not be rivalled anywhere in the history of Nigeria. Under OBJ, I believe someone like Ibori alone stole all what IBB did in 8yrs. Not to mention Bode George etc

Cancelled the freest elction conducted? OBJ actually conducted the worst election in human history
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 08, 2010
dayokanu:

Go back and read about IBB transition?

LOL Epic LOL. Is there anything you want to know about IBB's transition? I can tell you from Day 1

You know so much about IBB's transition program and you were comparing it with an alleged OBJ's third term ambition? Where is the logic?
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by dayokanu(m): 7:30pm On Oct 08, 2010
^^^IBB annulled the best election in Nigeria, How is that different from OBj conducting the worst election in Nigeria?
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Ndipe(m): 7:31pm On Oct 08, 2010
Pot calls the kettle black.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by batiatus(m): 7:32pm On Oct 08, 2010
NL guys i hail u na. Even d chief justice of america cannot preside over this matter.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by abbey621(m): 7:35pm On Oct 08, 2010
Why are you people so quick to distinguish one from the other? Maybe the whole populace of nigeria is suffering from loss of memory, so quick to judge obj as a saint but remember the man ran government with an iron fist, education dropped to a record low, prices of oil, i can't even describe, throughout obj's tenure we saw some of the most corrupt politicians make a mockery of our constitution. I.B.B is no doubt evil but don't brand obj as a saint for he too was just as corrupt.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 08, 2010
Aigbofa:

You know so much about IBB's transition program and you were comparing it with an alleged OBJ's third term ambition? Where is the logic?
More like a fallacy to me !
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 08, 2010
NL please leave OBJ to deal with the North especially IBB. They feel they are only Nigerians. I can clearly see the reason why Nigeria will break up, the current trend will continue, it is agreed power must not return to the North!
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by seanet02: 7:38pm On Oct 08, 2010
IBB cant even beat OBJ. this crook is DOOMED
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by dayokanu(m): 7:39pm On Oct 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

More like a fallacy to me !

Conducting the worst election in Nigeria is a fallacy?
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 08, 2010
dayokanu:

the second republic elecion is worse than obj's.there's nothing worse than cancelling a good election.
he also killed mamman vatsa,dele giwa,gloria okon
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by seanet02: 7:48pm On Oct 08, 2010
dayokanu:

ITS BETTER THAN ANNULLING THE BEST ELECTION
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 08, 2010
It was during his period that people started using saw dust and diesel to cook.very pathetic !
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by seanet02: 7:58pm On Oct 08, 2010
Ranks007:

NL please leave OBJ to deal with the North especially IBB. They feel they are only Nigerians. I can clearly see the reason why Nigeria will break up, the current trend will continue, it is agreed power must not return to the North!
ibb is the number one evil lord abetted by his northern cohorts
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by seanet02: 8:01pm On Oct 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

It was during his period that people started using saw dust and diesel to cook.very pathetic !
I am a witness and guess what? a LIVING WITNESS!!!!!!!!!!!! not a dead one like Gani fawenhinmi (May his soul rest in perfect peace)
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 08, 2010
I wish Gani Fawehinmi was alive cuz he would have answered this question properly.Ibb sent him to jail countless times for challenging his regime
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Onlytruth(m): 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2010
[size=16pt]Obasanjo is a pure coward.[/size] cool

And he is desperate now. I wonder why.

He is also treacherous because if not for IBB he probably would have died in jail after Abdulsalami Abubakar (an IBB protege) took over in 1998. If not for IBB he would NEVER have become Nigeria's president in 1999.  cool

Knowing fully well that he Obasanjo committed more crimes while in office (he killed more Nigerians in Odi, Zaki Ibiam and MASSOB people in the east) than IBB, how did he reach his conclusions?  Where does he find the morals to blame IBB for anything he did worse?

IBB is no saint, but at least he can handle the truth. That is why he worked to ensure that a Yoruba emerged president in 1999 to compensate for the mistake of Abiola's electoral misfortune. You can argue that he foisted a trusted ally -Obasanjo- but he didn't have to foist any Yoruba at all. That is a demonstration of courage because Obasanjo is betraying him as we speak! I'm sure he must have feared this, but he soldiered on to do the right thing.
Obasanjo is only desperate to have someone who would protect him in office.

What has Obasanjo ever done in Nigeria that he did not personally gain from?

I feel insulted by Obasanjo's sanctimonious rant.  undecided

If Nigerians had any brains at all, they would ban Obasanjo from making public speeches of this nature.

Let him first surrender the 200 million shares of Transcorp.  cool
Nonsense.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by seanet02: 8:15pm On Oct 08, 2010
Onlytruth:

[size=16pt]Obasanjo is a pure coward.[/size] cool

And he is desperate now. I wonder why.

He is also treacherous because if not for IBB he probably would have died in jail after Abdulsalami Abubakar (an IBB protege) took over in 1998. If not for IBB he would NEVER have become Nigeria's president in 1999. cool

Knowing fully well that he Obasanjo committed more crimes while in office (he killed more Nigerians in Odi, Zaki Ibiam and MASSOB people in the east) than IBB, how did he reach his conclusions? Where does he find the morals to blame IBB for anything he did worse?

IBB is no saint, but at least he can handle the truth. That is why he worked to ensure that a Yoruba emerged president in 1999 to compensate for the mistake of Abiola's electoral misfortune. You can argue that he foisted a trusted ally -Obasanjo- but he didn't have to foist any Yoruba at all. That is a demonstration of courage because Obasanjo is betraying him as we speak! I'm sure he must have feared this, but he soldiered on to do the right thing.
Obasanjo is only desperate to have someone who would protect him in office.

What has Obasanjo ever done in Nigeria that he did not personally gain from?

I feel insulted by Obasanjo's sanctimonious rant. undecided

If Nigerians had any brains at all, they would ban Obasanjo from making public speeches of this nature.

Let him first surrender the 200 million shares of Transcorp. cool
Nonsense.

Nonsensical Reasoning.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Onlytruth(m): 8:19pm On Oct 08, 2010
seanet02:

Nonsensical Reasoning.

Zero IQ. cool
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by Onlytruth(m): 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2010
Your father Obasanjo should account for all the Nigerians that died under his watch, from politicians to ordinary folks.
He should also account for his sudden riches.
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by seanet02: 8:26pm On Oct 08, 2010
EVEN WHEN IGBOS WERE THE FIRST TO ORGANIZE COUPS IN NIGERIA, OBJ TAKES BLAME
IGBO RANTING FROM AN IGNORANT IGBO DUMMY
Onlytruth:

Zero IQ. cool

Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by dejiariyo1: 8:30pm On Oct 08, 2010
seanet02:

EVEN WHEN IGBOS WERE THE FIRST TO ORGANIZE COUPS IN NIGERIA, OBJ TAKES BLAME
IGBO RANTING FROM AN IGNORANT IGBO DUMMY

Hope Obasanjo is not your father? cos this is becoming something else, this is a forum and you dont want pple to voice their opinions ?
Re: IBB, OBJ Clash by dayokanu(m): 8:34pm On Oct 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

the second republic elecion is worse than obj's.there's nothing worse than cancelling a good election.
he also killed mamman vatsa,dele giwa,gloria okon

List the prominent people killed by IBB and lets put them side by side with OBJ's

seanet02:

ITS BETTER THAN ANNULLING THE BEST ELECTION

Conducting the worst election is better than Anulling the best Election? According to whom?

~Bluetooth:

I wish Gani Fawehinmi was alive cuz he would have answered this question properly.Ibb sent him to jail countless times for challenging his regime

I wish Fela Kuti was alive because he would have answered this question appropriately. OBJ sent him to jail numerous times and Killed him mom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Children's Day: Saraki Interacts With Kids / "Advanced PDP": Makarfi Faction To Register A New Party / Adegboruwa To Buhari: Suspend Arotile's Burial Until Investigation Is Concluded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.