Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

“Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says (1097 Views)

Who Does Majority Of Nigerians Behave Like This? / Plans To Eliminate Sunday Igboho, A Rumour, Don't Behave Like IPOB — Lawyer / Femi Fani-Kayode Visits Obasanjo, Says He's Healthy And Strong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by Abdulazeez99: 9:50am On Jun 28, 2019
Former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, has that Nigerians are not being honest with the security challenges in the country, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that Obasanjo said this on Thursday while addressing youths under the platform of the National Youths Council of Nigeria (NYCN) who visited him at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL), Abeokuta, Ogun State.

The youths also honoured the former president as “Father of the Nation”.

Obasanjo said developed countries were willing to do business with Nigeria but that they were scared away by insecurity and corruption.

“Most of these developed countries want to do businesses with us but almost all of them are afraid, because of insecurity and corruption in the land.

“We behave like ostrich that buries its head in the sand. These developed countries know us more than ourselves.

“As a result, we shouldn’t keep saying or do things that will make us a laughing stock. God has given us a country, no matter what you feel about Nigeria.

“Don’t let us fall into the primordial life of breaking this country along ethnicity and religion. Let every Nigerian stand firm and say it is my country, because we have no alternative,” he said.

Obasanjo said he was concerned that more than 13 million Nigerians are out of schools.

“I have on several occasions called for interventions in the educational system of the country. The government only needs to re-introduce the former shift programme. In doing this, there will be morning and afternoon shifts for the students,” he said.

The 82-year-old urged the youths not to be discouraged in their ambition to hold leadership positions in the country.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/802900/just-in-nigerians-behave-like-ostrich-that-buries-its-head-in-sand-former-president-obasanjo-says/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

1 Like

Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by Officialgarri: 9:52am On Jun 28, 2019
I don't intend to sound disrespectful towards elders, but I think the only benefit and relevance Obasanjo is enjoying merely is being the first president of the nascent democracy.

3 Likes

Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by yanabasee(m): 9:57am On Jun 28, 2019
Baba weh sabi!!!

2 Likes

Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by PlayerMeji: 9:59am On Jun 28, 2019
I pity for myself why I no hear my friends wey say make we comot for this obodo Naija.

I for no dey hear all these people yarns again.

I tìrẹ for this nation jàre...

1 Like

Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 28, 2019
All of you so called elders and leaders caused the problem. Where other countries dey look ahead, they were looking in their ppckets to the point where Nigeria now needs divine intervention to better. Mtcheew. Visa loading 90%.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by FarahAideed: 10:02am On Jun 28, 2019
Officialgarri:
I don't intend to sound disrespectful towards elders, but I think the only benefit and relevance Obasanjo is enjoying merely being the first president of the nascent democracy.

This is exactly what he is saying !!!! You are in deep trouble somebody is trying to help you out but because of Low IQ you pretend not to be concerned ..

4 Likes

Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by thesicilian: 10:03am On Jun 28, 2019
Officialgarri:
I don't intend to sound disrespectful towards elders, but I think the only benefit and relevance Obasanjo is enjoying merely being the first president of the nascent democracy.

And there you go, behaving like an Ostritch by completely ignoring the important issues at hand.

2 Likes

Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by Officialgarri: 10:08am On Jun 28, 2019
FarahAideed:

This is exactly what he is saying !!!! You are in deep trouble somebody is trying to help you out but because of Low IQ you pretend not to be concerned ..
The issue of insecurity is not a matter of today. I've been born long enough to realize that Nigeria has never been secure even during Obasanjo's time.

I got to know about Fulani gruesome killings as far back as 2006..... one of the incidents in Jos.
I had the opportunity to lay hands on a leaked tape of some incidents.
These things won't get to the open source, because of his limited access to social media and his own style of policy against media outlets

If foreigners are not willing to come here, it's not something they just developed yesterday. It's due to past records
Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by FarahAideed: 10:12am On Jun 28, 2019
Officialgarri:

The issue of insecurity is not a matter of today. I've been born long enough to realize that Nigeria had never been secure even during Obasanjo's time.

I got to know about Fulani gruesome killings as far back as 2006..... one of the incidents in Jos.
I had the opportunity to lay hands on a leaked tape of some incidents.

If foreigners are not willing to come here, it's not something they just developed yesterday. It's due to past records

Just see as you are fooling yourself ..The govt of Buhari is clearly sponsoring escalated Fulanis expansionism and just because of politic you want to pretend .. Has Nigeria ever been this insecure since independence ? Have Nigerians ever faced this kind of situation where all our highways are controlled by arms baring militia called the Fulanis who kidnap 100 daily ?

Well one of these days a loved one if your might just be kidnapped and I will see whether your 30 k can bail the person ..

2 Likes

Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by Officialgarri: 10:18am On Jun 28, 2019
FarahAideed:

Just see as you are fooling yourself ..The govt of Buhari is clearly sponsoring escalated Fulanis expansionism and just because of politic you want to pretend .. Has Nigeria ever been this insecure since independence ? Have Nigerians ever faced this kind of situation where all our highways are controlled by arms baring militia called the Fulanis who kidnap 100 daily ?

Well one of these days a loved one if your might just be kidnapped and I will see whether your 30 k can bail the person ..
Sometimes, I read some accusations borne out of hatred and can't help but smile.

Like you said, Nigeria was secure since independence not until now grin, ask yourself why the foreign investments didn't thrive during Obasanjo's regime.

Ask yourself, during whose regime did Italians, British and other expatriates run away from Niger delta?

Ask yourself, from which regime did Yaradua inherit Niger delta militants

Ask yourself, the intertribal war in places like in Osun (modakeke-ife) , the religious conflicts in jos, kaduna....... And so on, were they during this regime also?

What I'm saying is, don't let hatred for a party or a ruler cloud your judgement
Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by chosengocap: 10:20am On Jun 28, 2019
Since Buhari came on board, we have been discussing cows, fulani herdsmen, grazing colonies, rights of way for cattle, banditry and now, Ruga settlements. When shall we discuss physical developments, technological innovations, booming economy?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by Mofifoluwa2003: 10:27am On Jun 28, 2019
[quote author=Officialgarri post=79741091] I don't intend to sound disrespectful towards elders, but I think the only benefit and relevance Obasanjo is enjoying merely is being the first president of the nascent democracy.

You are very right and I also think he behaves in hypocritical ways
Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by Mofifoluwa2003: 10:32am On Jun 28, 2019

His IQ is very high for reasoning to that level Obasanjo is one of the major causes of Nigeria's problem. Some things he has done in the past are now creating problems for us now

1 Like

Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by KristaPretty(f): 10:52am On Jun 28, 2019
Ostrich and Monkey who fine pass Just asking
Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by FarahAideed: 10:59am On Jun 28, 2019
Officialgarri:

Sometimes, I read some accusations borne out of hatred and can't help but smile.

Like you said, Nigeria was secure since independence not until now grin, ask yourself why the foreign investments didn't thrive during Obasanjo's regime.

Ask yourself, during whose regime did Italians, British and other expatriates run away from Niger delta?

Ask yourself, from which regime did Yaradua inherit Niger delta militants

Ask yourself, the intertribal war in places like in Osun (modakeke-ife) , the religious conflicts in jos, kaduna....... And so on, were they during this regime also?

What I'm saying is, don't let hatred for a party or a ruler cloud your judgement

Foriegn Investments didn't thrive during Objs govt yet we saw foreign investors pump billions of dollars into the Nigerian economy to build GSM networks from scratch we saw more investment in our oil industry from Agbami FPSO to Eagle FPSO to the opening up of new oil fields ..Under Obj the Nigerian middle class also bounced back ..See take it or leave it Buhari is the worst President Nigeria will ever get

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by Officialgarri: 11:29am On Jun 28, 2019
FarahAideed:

Foriegn Investments didn't thrive during Objs govt yet we saw foreign investors pump billions of dollars into the Nigerian economy to build GSM networks from scratch we saw more investment in our oil industry from Agbami FPSO to Eagle FPSO to the opening up of new oil fields ..Under Obj the Nigerian middle class also bounced back ..See take it or leave it Buhari is the worst President Nigeria will ever get
Billions of dollars with nothing to show for it? Billions of dollars that went into private coffers?

But let's agree on the GSM (which we both know that at the time, it was compulsory) but don't mention any rubbish about Agbami because you clearly do not know what FPSO means. Is an FPSO about investment or its ownership? angry
Which new major foreign investment did Agbami bring apart from a huge percentage of its interest going to Chevron —which has been in Nigeria even since Obasanjo was a kid.

At the end, didn't a number of staff run away from Nigeria? angry
Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by FarahAideed: 11:41am On Jun 28, 2019
Officialgarri:
Billions of dollars with nothing to show for it? Billions of dollars that went into private coffers?

But let's agree on the GSM (which we both know that at the time, it was compulsory) but don't mention any rubbish about Agbami because you clearly do not know what FPSO means. Is an FPSO about investment or its ownership? angry
Which new major foreign investment did Agbami bring apart from a huge percentage of its interest going to Chevron —which has been in Nigeria even since Obasanjo was a kid.

At the end, didn't a number of staff run away from Nigeria? angry

I worked on design and installationof the perimeter anti hijack barricade on the Agbami and that project employed of Lots of young Nigerians including myself who used it grow into better people so I know a lot about that FPSO than you do .. Buhari remains the worst leader ever

3 Likes

Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by budaatum: 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2019
FarahAideed:

How can a person heavily involved in creating a problem be trusted to clear up the problem they caused?
Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by Officialgarri: 12:16pm On Jun 28, 2019
FarahAideed:

I worked on design and installationof the perimeter anti hijack barricade on the Agbami and that project employed of Lots of young Nigerians including myself who used it grow into better people so I know a lot about that FPSO than you do .. Buhari remains the worst leader ever
Now you are jumping from investment to employment. grin
Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by NkayStory(f): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2019
Not Nigerians but yorubas exclusively.,OBJ take note

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by FarahAideed: 2:18pm On Jun 28, 2019
Officialgarri:

Now you are jumping from investment to employment. grin

The money the invested from outside into the project is that no investment oga ?
Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by Abdulazeez99: 4:33pm On Jun 28, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: “Nigerians Behave Like Ostrich That Buries Its Head In Sand” – Obasanjo Says by Xisnin(m): 4:37pm On Jun 28, 2019
PlayerMeji:
I pity for myself why I no hear my friends wey say make we comot for this obodo Naija.

I for no dey hear all these people yarns again.

I tìrẹ for this nation jàre...
You might have fallen for Yankee cop bullets.

(1) (Reply)

Army Reacts To Killing Of Keke Rider In Aba / Photos Of Students Kwankwaso Gave Scholarship Arriving University In India / MASSOB: FG Behind Plan To Probe Air Peace Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.