Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

What Is The Best Way To Tell A Friend That He/she Has Mouth Odour? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Best Way To Tell A Friend That He/she Has Mouth Odour? (764 Views)

When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister / Husbands Or Wives With Mouth Odour, How Do You Cope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Way To Tell A Friend That He/she Has Mouth Odour? by missimelda01(f): 4:45pm On Jun 28, 2019
There's this friend of mine that has mouth odour, it's really hard to be close to her cos she's always talking about one thing or the other. I'm concerned about her and how she relates with other people especially guys... Please what is the best way to tell her that she has mouth odour? without sounding rude of course.

Note: she has low self-esteem issues.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell A Friend That He/she Has Mouth Odour? by FAMILYJA(f): 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2019
Always buy her sweet or chewing gum. She will use her deductive mind and grab the message.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell A Friend That He/she Has Mouth Odour? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 28, 2019
I'm concerned about her and how she relates with other people especially guys...

How does she relate to guys?
What is the cause of her low self-esteem
Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell A Friend That He/she Has Mouth Odour? by dingbang(m): 5:04pm On Jun 28, 2019
She has a boyfriend. Let him tell her
Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell A Friend That He/she Has Mouth Odour? by missimelda01(f): 5:07pm On Jun 28, 2019
I said guys cos she's in her prime and most guys won't want to be close to a lady that has mouth odour not to talk of date her

Major cause of low self-esteem: some people body shame her cos she's busty in a way that her upper body is bigger than her lower body
AntiBrutus:

How does she relate to guys?
What is the cause of her low self-esteem
Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell A Friend That He/she Has Mouth Odour? by missimelda01(f): 5:08pm On Jun 28, 2019
She doesn't have a boyfriend
dingbang:
She has a boyfriend. Let him tell her
Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell A Friend That He/she Has Mouth Odour? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 28, 2019
missimelda01:
I said guys cos she's in her prime and most guys won't want to be close to a lady that has mouth odour not to talk of date her

Some people body shame her cos she's busty in way that her upper body is bigger than her lower body

Okay, I thought there is a way she carries on around guys that reflects this low self-esteem.

It is never an easy thing to tell anyone, but you have to do it. All those buy chewing gum for her, buy this...buy that, are all temporary solutions.

If you can't tell her directly, tell her you are going on a visit to the dentist. Request she comes along. The dentist would most likely be knocked out by same mouth odour. I doubt he/she will have a hard time breaking it to her like you do.

As for her shape. What does she wear? Different outfits for different body size. She should do more of dark colors and blazers. She should avoid all fitted things.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell A Friend That He/she Has Mouth Odour? by Omoapena(m): 5:16pm On Jun 28, 2019
missimelda01:
There's this friend of mine that has mouth odour, it's really hard to be close to her cos she's always talking about one thing or the other. I'm concerned about her and how she relates with other people especially guys... Please what is the best way to tell her that she has mouth odour? without sounding rude of course.

Note: she has low self-esteem issues.

Is there any best way you can tell someone that without sounding rude, and coupled with someone who has low self esteem?

Instead of seeking for best way to tell her, why not seek solution on her behalf and help her get the solution.

You can't tell her without offering to help and expect her to feel good with that...
Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell A Friend That He/she Has Mouth Odour? by naija4all(m): 5:20pm On Jun 28, 2019
buy her a mouthwash, bubble-gum or menthol flavoured sweets she would get the message. she can always carry the mouthwash in her bag and go with it wherever she goes and use when necessary.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell A Friend That He/she Has Mouth Odour? by missimelda01(f): 5:21pm On Jun 28, 2019
Kindly provide a solution, whatever that works really.
Omoapena:

Is there any best way you can tell someone that without sounding rude, and coupled with someone who has low self esteem?

Instead of seeking for best way to tell her, why not seek solution on her behalf and help her get the solution.

You can't tell her without offering to help and expect her to feel good with that...
Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell A Friend That He/she Has Mouth Odour? by missimelda01(f): 5:23pm On Jun 28, 2019
Thank you! I'll try this.
AntiBrutus:

Okay, I thought there is a way she carries on around guys that reflects this low self-esteem.

It is never an easy thing to tell anyone, but you have to do it. All those buy chewing gum for her, buy this...buy that, are all temporary solutions.

If you can't tell her directly, tell her you are going on a visit to the dentist. Request she comes along. The dentist would most likely be knocked out by same mouth odour. I doubt he/she will have a hard time breaking it to her like you do.

As for her shape. What does she wear? Different outfits for different body size. She should do more of dark colors and blazers. She should avoid all fitted things.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell A Friend That He/she Has Mouth Odour? by Omoapena(m): 5:28pm On Jun 28, 2019
missimelda01:
Kindly provide a solution, whatever that works really.

I didn't say i have a solution to it, if i had,i would have dropped it without you requesting for it.

i was only telling you to seek for solution instead of a way to tell her without sounding rude.

By the way, someone came up with an ideal of you inviting her to see a dentist for check up, if you can foot the bill, i think it's a good ideal...
Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell A Friend That He/she Has Mouth Odour? by missimelda01(f): 5:32pm On Jun 28, 2019
Okay
Omoapena:

I didn't say i have a solution to it, if i had,i would have dropped it without you requesting for it.

i was only telling you to seek for solution instead of a way to tell her without sounding rude.

By the way, someone came up with an ideal of you inviting her to see a dentist for check up, if you can foot the bill, i think it's a good ideal...

Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell A Friend That He/she Has Mouth Odour? by missimelda01(f): 5:33pm On Jun 28, 2019
I doubt she'll get the message, but I'll try it anyways.
naija4all:
buy her a mouthwash, bubble-gum or menthol flavoured sweets she would get the message. she can always carry the mouthwash in her bag and go with it wherever she goes and use when necessary.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell A Friend That He/she Has Mouth Odour? by SageMK: 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2019
missimelda01:
I doubt she'll get the message, but I'll try it anyways.

Well if you can't face her, get a new SIM and text her.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Tell A Friend That He/she Has Mouth Odour? by chii8(f): 8:25pm On Jun 28, 2019
naija4all:

Op,this is what you should do as an immediate remedy, while visiting a doctor would be a long lasting solution.

(1) (Reply)

2008 Toyota Camry Available For Sale / #3,000 Is Hindering Me From Landing A Job. / What Is Your Opinion About People Celebrating Their Divorce ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.