Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,425 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Is Aba Unsafe For Expats? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Aba Unsafe For Expats? (3640 Views)

4 Unusual Things That Can Only Happen In Aba / Why Are White People ''expats'' When The Rest Of Us Are ''immigrants''? / Is Aba The Worst City In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Aba Unsafe For Expats? by georgies(m): 9:19am On May 14, 2007
go to enugu.you will enjoy it better
Re: Is Aba Unsafe For Expats? by BlackMamba(m): 6:40pm On May 14, 2007
Stop whining and get your ass to where you have an opportunity to make some dollars and act like a king. I bet you you don't have these choices where you came from. Remember you didn't go to Naija for charity. It's a risk and reward business for foreigners coming to Africa to make ends meet. If you're so scared, you can always jet back to your 9 to 5 abroad and manage your credit based lifestyle.
Re: Is Aba Unsafe For Expats? by Mayflower2(f): 7:11pm On May 14, 2007
@ Black mamba,

lipsrsealed
Re: Is Aba Unsafe For Expats? by tatajega(m): 7:53pm On May 14, 2007
May Flower, first of all do u mean 'expats' or 'expert', well the later is what i have an answer for, Now it goes like this,Aba is a nice city with 60% of its populace commercially enclined but don't get me wong cause the town also accomodates literate personels,touts,thieves,responsible citizens, all of em living in one big harmony.I was born in this town and have never senn any other town able to achieve such a balance in society. Despite differences, everyone is able to leave 2gether in same city , the only advice i have for u is,,know what u want and go for it cause obviously,all you want is present waiting for you come knocking.
Re: Is Aba Unsafe For Expats? by Ollie39: 8:59pm On May 14, 2007
xtycod:

If you love a hustle-free life and clean environment, take the Enugu option. You have at least two establishments where you will find expats from Europe/ US: The British council has a big office in Enugu, and the Nigerian Breweries PLC (affiliated to Heineken of Holland), which has its largest brewery in the whole of Africa in Enugu. Enugu is a university town, being the town with the second highest number of higher educational institutions after Ogun State. For your info, both Aba and Enugu are safer than Lagos. And if Nigeria wants to save Lagos from the impending implosion from human population, they should begin to somehow ''force'' investors, both foreign and local, to spread to other parts of the country, especially the East (there are sea ports in Calabar, Onne and PH) and also the North. Everything Lagos, Lagos, yet it is the dirtiest and most run-down city in the world

I couldn't agree more!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Deported In Mexico / Europe By Land Or By Air / How Do I Go On About Applying For A Nigerian Passport For My Daughther

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.