Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State (3626 Views)

Angry Youths Hold ‘pool Party’ On Dilapidated Federal Road In Otukpo (photos) / Worst Bridge In The World At Igwe Ito, Obi LGA In Benue State / The Bad State Of Federal Road In Otukpo, Benue State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by RipNipsey: 9:00pm On Jun 28, 2019
Hello Fam,

I'm thinking about relocating to Benue state next week for a job. I've never been there before so I need help on which to choose between these towns: Otukpo and Gboko.
These are the most important factors to consider:
-electricity
-security
-cost of accommodation
-social life.

So please tell me which is the best option. Also telll me the average cost of a self contain apartment in both towns because I couldn't find any listing on jiji or olx.

Thanks.
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by uzohrome(m): 9:15pm On Jun 28, 2019
Gboko is far better but constant electricity Otukpo is little better but social life and opportunities enter gboko sharp
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by Owiii(m): 10:52pm On Jun 28, 2019
What are you going there to do? I mean which kind of work?
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by onward4life(m): 4:57am On Jun 29, 2019
Take in advance

While not stay in Makurdi...

Ancient form of Cultism too much on Benue.

A typical cultist is a typical robber

To kill is like 2 sex

4get police there.

And their Secret is not to let them know anything about yu
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by RipNipsey: 5:42am On Jun 29, 2019
uzohrome:
Gboko is far better but constant electricity Otukpo is little better but social life and opportunities enter gboko sharp
Thanks for the info.
Maybe I will scout for an area that has manageable electricity supply in gboko.
Any ideas about cost of renting a self contain apartment?.
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by RipNipsey: 5:44am On Jun 29, 2019
Owiii:
What are you going there to do? I mean which kind of work?
Haha, You are reply question with question �.
Anyway, it's cctv and alarm installation.
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by RipNipsey: 5:48am On Jun 29, 2019
onward4life:
Take in advance

While not stay in Makurdi...

Ancient form of Cultism too much on Benue.

A typical cultist is a typical robber

To kill is like 2 sex

4get police there.

And their Secret is not to let them know anything about yu
I've read a lot about cultism in makurdi that's why I decided to stay elsewhere. But I will have to go there for business. I just don't want to live in the city.
Thanks for the tips.
Any ideas about cost of renting a self contain apartment in both towns?
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by onward4life(m): 6:02am On Jun 29, 2019
RipNipsey:

I've read a lot about cultism in makurdi that's why I decided to stay elsewhere. But I will have to go there for business. I just don't want to live in the city.
Thanks for the tips.
Any ideas about cost of renting a self contain apartment in both towns?

Business wise

Gboko is better

David mark succeeded in turning OTUKPO to Karmo
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by RipNipsey: 6:13am On Jun 29, 2019
onward4life:

Business wise

Gboko is better

David mark succeeded in turning OTUKPO to Karmo
Lol, na so I hear.
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by RipNipsey: 6:14am On Jun 29, 2019
Hey guys, anyone who knows either places should give me more tips. Thanks
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by onward4life(m): 6:19am On Jun 29, 2019
RipNipsey:

Lol, na so I hear.

Bro free Benue... I prefer Gombe or Kano.

Even Abuja sef
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by RipNipsey: 7:11am On Jun 29, 2019
onward4life:

Bro free Benue... I prefer Gombe or Kano.

Even Abuja sef
Kai, I'm just scared of religious crisis that's all. I love jos but I had to rule it out for security reasons.
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by onward4life(m): 10:00am On Jun 29, 2019
RipNipsey:

Kai, I'm just scared of religious crisis that's all. I love jos but I had to rule it out for security reasons.

If Benue was a religious crisis prone area e 4 beta.

There every is just meh..

Somebody wud rob in the same street he grow up in him without shame go dey form BX.

Elders are always drunk and has lost the gift of visions
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by RipNipsey: 11:56am On Jun 29, 2019
onward4life:

If Benue was a religious crisis prone area e 4 beta.

There every is just meh..

Somebody wud rob in the same street he grow up in him without shame go dey form BX.

Elders are always drunk and has lost the gift of visions

Yeah I get the picture. Thanks for the info bro, I'll put it into consideration.
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by Owiii(m): 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2019
RipNipsey:

Haha, You are reply question with question �.
Anyway, it's cctv and alarm installation.
Go to Gboko or Makurdi. I'm from Benue that was why I had to ask this question
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by ojorich(m): 2:58pm On Jun 29, 2019
When you decide and gboko happens to be your choice, hit me up you just got yourself a new buddy to show you around. You can get a self contain for 100k at the GRA area.
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by scarybeeeee: 4:14pm On Jun 29, 2019
I visited someone along lubona junction and they seem to have steady power supply,that is close to End time harvest mission,power was restored almost immediately it went off and it's a calm area in my opinion o.
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by christejames(m): 5:28pm On Jun 29, 2019
It seems everyone here is tipping Gboko.
Well, for me that grew up in Otukpo and stayed in Benue state for a better part of my life, I would suggest Otukpo cause it meets 90% of the criteria you are looking for safe for infrastructure; deplorable roads.

The town is a bustling one with large percentage of educated inhabitants. It's the headquarters/capital of the Idoma nation, and the second most important town in that state after Makurdi. It is to the Idomas what Makurdi and Gboko are to the Tiv. But one of the major vices in that town that turns me off is cultism (although it's in every major town of that state) from the youths and teenagers, although it whittled down before I left but I think the scare is still there.

But for proximity with Makurdi I think Gboko closer.

Benue will be great again!

#followNPFL

1 Like

Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by RipNipsey: 4:26am On Jun 30, 2019
Owiii:

Go to Gboko or Makurdi. I'm from Benue that was why I had to ask this question
Ok, thanks for the suggestion.
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by RipNipsey: 4:27am On Jun 30, 2019
ojorich:
When you decide and gboko happens to be your choice, hit me up you just got yourself a new buddy to show you around. You can get a self contain for 100k at the GRA area.
Ok bro. How's electricity in gboko?
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by RipNipsey: 4:28am On Jun 30, 2019
scarybeeeee:
I visited someone along lubona junction and they seem to have steady power supply,that is close to End time harvest mission,power was restored almost immediately it went off and it's a calm area in my opinion o.
Ok. Just used Google and I think you're referring to gboko. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by RipNipsey: 4:35am On Jun 30, 2019
christejames:
It seems everyone here is tipping Gboko.
Well, for me that grew up in Otukpo and stayed in Benue state for a better part of my life, I would suggest Otukpo cause it meets 90% of the criteria you are looking for safe for infrastructure; deplorable roads.

The town is a bustling one with large percentage of educated inhabitants. It's the headquarters/capital of the Idoma nation, and the second most important town in that state after Makurdi. It is to the Idomas what Makurdi and Gboko are to the Tiv. But one of the major vices in that town that turns me off is cultism (although it's in every major town of that state) from the youths and teenagers, although it whittled down before I left but I think the scare is still there.

But for proximity with Makurdi I think Gboko closer.

Benue will be great again!

#followNPFL
Thanks bro.
Literally everyone is complaining about cultism in Benue. It's a major concern to me. I'm honestly having to reconsider my choices.
Jos would be a perfect place but the religious crisis is still an issue and very unpredictable.

1 Like

Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by scarybeeeee: 8:46am On Jun 30, 2019
RipNipsey:

Ok. Just used Google and I think you're referring to gboko. Thanks
Yes I am,sorry I forgot to mention it.

1 Like

Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by Asquare84(m): 8:48am On Jun 30, 2019
I don't know the part of Nigerian you are coming from but if you're from east I think otukpo will be better for the following reasons

1) you will meet alot of your Ibo brother doing business in otukpo main market , almost 70 % percent of shop are own by the Ibo's

2) no ethnicity or religious inclination unlike gboko

3) similarity in Ibo culture

3 Likes

Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by RipNipsey: 9:27am On Jun 30, 2019
Asquare84:
I don't know the part of Nigerian you are coming from but if you're from east I think otukpo will be better for the following reasons

1) you will meet alot of your Ibo brother doing business in otukpo main market , almost 70 % percent of shop are own by the Ibo's

2) no ethnicity or religious inclination unlike gboko

3) similarity in Ibo culture
Thanks. Yes I'm an igbo. I think I'll visit both places for a day and see which suits me best.
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by Iscoalarcon: 5:10pm On Jun 30, 2019
RipNipsey:

Thanks bro.
Literally everyone is complaining about cultism in Benue. It's a major concern to me. I'm honestly having to reconsider my choices.
Jos would be a perfect place but the religious crisis is still an issue and very unpredictable.
op why not come to Gombe. There is stable electricity no cultism issues and I think there is good biz opportunity for someone in your trade
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by christejames(m): 8:35pm On Jun 30, 2019
RipNipsey:

Thanks. Yes I'm an igbo. I think I'll visit both places for a day and see which suits me best.

That's the best option
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by Aanumi16: 9:44am On Jul 21, 2019
For your Inverter and Solar panels installation in Otukpo and its environment.
Contact 08072926270
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by CaptainStephen(m): 10:21am On Jul 21, 2019
Iscoalarcon:
op why not come to Gombe. There is stable electricity no cultism issues and I think there is good biz opportunity for someone in your trade
There's snake grin
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by Iscoalarcon: 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2019
CaptainStephen:
There's snake grin
snakes are everywhere in Nigeria so that is not a genuine reason
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by Gavorche: 4:22pm On Jul 28, 2019
please I
Re: Between Otukpo And Gboko: Benue State by Gavorche: 4:25pm On Jul 28, 2019
RipNipsey:
Hello Fam,

I'm thinking about relocating to Benue state next week for a job. I've never been there before so I need help on which to choose between these towns: Otukpo and Gboko.
These are the most important factors to consider:
-electricity
-security
-cost of accommodation
-social life.

So please tell me which is the best option. Also telll me the average cost of a self contain apartment in both towns because I couldn't find any listing on jiji or olx.

Thanks.

have

(1) (2) (Reply)

how to study in France/Germany / Going On Tourism To Idanre Hills In Akure / Moving To Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.