Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,626 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package (21059 Views)

Malaria Eradication: Ned Nwoko Meets DSP Omo-Agege, Others For Malaria Agency / 9th National Assembly: 469 Members To Receive N4.68bn Welcome Package / Appeal Court Sacks Omo-Agege, others. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by HeyCorleone(m): 10:51am On Jun 30, 2019
Chithauri:
before u protest u need permission from police.the church is a property.loitering is not permitted. harassing somebody for a allegation is a crime that can get you arrested. you are only excited because she be timi wife. a girl of 17 raped twice, still attended his church. who fit believe? am more concerned about that 13 year old girl.I was close to tears when I saw that.I really really hate rape.

If you're more concerned about the 13 year old girl, what have you done so far?

What you, and your sorts, don't realise is that this protest is beyond Timi's wife or Coza. It could gain such traction that could force stricter laws to be enacted concerning rape. It could also bring about laws of protection of rape victims and hasten ways to increase rape investigation. In other words, these people are doing way more than you behind your phone screen.
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by bangbangall: 10:57am On Jun 30, 2019
Wisdom58:
President of the Senate, Senator Ahmed Lawan; his deputy, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege; Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr Femi Gbajabiamila; Deputy Speaker, Mr Ahmed Idris, and 465 other lawmakers are set to receive at least N32.83bn  as welcome package, investigation has shown.

It was learnt that the lawmakers start receiving the money from Monday.

A member of the federal legislature management confirmed the development to one of our correspondents on the condition of anonymity on Saturday.

He had also yet to reply the text message sent to him as of the time of filing this report.

The welcome package comprises annual accommodation allowance, furniture allowance, and motor vehicle loan. It will also include the salaries and allowances of the lawmakers for the first month and the running or overhead cost for the first three months.

There was indication that the running cost might have been enhanced as each member of the House of Representatives might receive as much as N70m.

Although it could not be ascertained what a senator would receive, traditionally, senators are paid higher than the House of  Representatives members.  If a Rep receives N70m, a senator may receive up to N10m.

However, N32.83m is the summation of N70m into 469 places which is the total number of lawmakers at the federal level.

A source at the National Assembly confirmed to one of our correspondents that each Rep would receive N70m while another source confirmed that a senator would receive at least N70m.

The summation of the annual accommodation allowance, furniture allowance, and motor vehicle loan for either a senator or Rep is lower than N70m, thus indicating that the unofficial emoluments of the lawmakers may have been enhanced.

A senator collects N40.5m (for three months) for overhead as revealed by Senator Shehu Sani in the 8th National Assembly. The monthly salary and regular allowances of a senator is N1, 063,860.

As prescribed by the Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission, a senator is entitled to N4,052,800 for accommodation (once a year) and a furniture allowance of N6,079,200 (once in four years). Should a senator desire, they are entitled to N8, 105,600 as motor vehicle loan.  These sum up to N59, 801,460.

A member of the House of Representatives, on the other hand, receives N30m a quarter for overhead or running cost. They are also entitled to a monthly salary and a regular allowance of N794, 086.83.

The accommodation allowance of a Rep is N3, 970,425 per annum while the furniture allowance is N5, 955,637 (for four years). Should a Rep desire, they can get a motor vehicle loan of N7, 940,850.50. These sum up to N48, 660,999.83.

Confirming the allowances and the scheduled payment, members of the parliament told one of our correspondents on the condition of anonymity that the payment was supposed to have been paid earlier than now.

The source added, “We have not collected anything. Up till now, I have not got one naira. I’m broke now and I’m looking for money.”

A senator also said they had not been paid.

“The car loan is about N7m. It’s different from the official car that will come later. The loan is just like an advance payment of our annual transport allowance.”

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/lawan-gbajabiamila-omo-agege-others-receive-n32-83bn-welcome-package/

Where are the protesters? Why are this useless, senseless and heartless politicians wasting our money.
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Chithauri(m): 10:57am On Jun 30, 2019
HeyCorleone:

If you're more concerned about the 13 year old girl, what have you done so far?

What you, and your sorts, don't realise is that this protest is beyond Timi's wife or Coza. It could gain such traction that could force stricter laws to be enacted concerning rape. It could also bring about laws of protection of rape victims and hasten ways to increase rape investigation. In other words, these people are doing way more than you behind your phone screen.
what have I done I condemn it online but no celebrity condemn it.nobody agree to protest. if neymar didnt have proof wont he be in jail?
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Lovelife433(m): 10:59am On Jun 30, 2019
instead of those bastard of devil agent to protest and channel their frustrating life to government house who have loot their destiny, dey rather Gos to church to protest over rumour of rape. As if dey tem self are saint. The gate of hell will not and will never prevail again the church. Every child of GOD should stand with the church, the devil is against the church at dis trying time. Shalom.
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by educhigo: 11:11am On Jun 30, 2019
and efcc are busy searching for someone that stealing goat and yahoo yahoo boys.politician in nigeria is a bunch of thieves

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Femeto: 11:12am On Jun 30, 2019
We need to close down these chambers like Senegal did it would save us a lot of stress and money.
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by princeade86(m): 11:14am On Jun 30, 2019
Henry22:
And the masses receive 30k minimum wage..... cry
18k bro, not 30k
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by karma2000: 11:20am On Jun 30, 2019
Omase o what a pity politics I repeat is vanity
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by stanisbaratheon: 11:20am On Jun 30, 2019
We're truly fvcked in this country embarassed
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Tiger01: 11:31am On Jun 30, 2019
See the real criminals here.
Wasting our funds paying themselves.
But they cannot pay ASUU 3 trillion arrears.
There was a country!!
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by icankel: 11:32am On Jun 30, 2019
My fellow APC and SAI Baba members pls wat are we taking home?
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Ooye12: 11:36am On Jun 30, 2019
This country can’t never be survive with all this embarassed I pity our generation...
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Lovelive: 11:36am On Jun 30, 2019
Replay
CCTV
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by hush15: 11:38am On Jun 30, 2019
Henry22:
And the masses receive 30k minimum wage..... cry

and the masses are in abuja protesting a 20 year old rape
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by icankel: 11:39am On Jun 30, 2019
Yankiss:
Nigeria is not yet there and Nigerians are the problem of Nigerians. We are talking about removal of subsidy to continue to punish the common man while people sit one place collecting billions of our commonwealth. This breakdown doesn't include Tips from padded budgets and other oversights functions that the legislative houses are heavily bribed to effect. With this crop of leaders, it's not yet uhuru for Nigeria.
and seating allowance

1 Like

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Ogaga87(m): 11:42am On Jun 30, 2019
Chithauri:
last 2 weeks a 13 years old girl on her way to schools was brutally raped that her uniform was soaked in blood. doctors said she can't have kids again because her organs were affected. where was the outrage? how many yeyebrities spoke about it or offer to meet or help the girl financially for treatment.I have no time for this fake life and hypocrisy and attention seeking that most people are doing.
am asking you again do you have proof papa fatoyinbo raped her or was it consensual. why protest for something that is just allegation yet.some people want him jailed already this precedence will be catastrophic for guys in the future.

Thank you joor
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by giles14(m): 11:48am On Jun 30, 2019
King44:
Nobody is protesting this broad day light robbery and rape but na matter wey nor concern una na go begin massage balls on top
all id.iots calling out saraki n dogara in 2015 are now silent. useless hypocrites
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by havenz(m): 11:51am On Jun 30, 2019
₦32.83b as Welcome package they say, kai God were are you, this country is becoming more evil than I think, we that voted for them are living in abject poverty, where is this nation heading too,only the gods can tell.
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by OhiOfIhima: 11:54am On Jun 30, 2019
inoki247:
And our Youth are Somewhere in Coza Protesting wetin Court neva give verdict on... I remember when 2face wan protest dat time everybody keep mute... Protest wey go move the country nd d Economy forward people no go come out...

I swear gon brother, during d 2face matter, this so called celebrities were mute n dumbfounded.
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Queen94: 11:56am On Jun 30, 2019
We should channel all our protest to the lawmakers not just on one shitty allegation against a clergy like fatoyinbo.
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 30, 2019
HeyCorleone:

People like you, Ogaga87, and Joromi12 are just clowns.

Are you guys confined to a wheelchair or disabled in some form that you can lead your own protests?

Those protesting against COZA have chosen that one as their own. You can start your own. Don't dictate to people how they should exercise their rights.

Since you 3 are so concerned, meet up, and stage your own protest. Don't just sit behind your phones and tell other people what to do with themselves.
They will be killed and nobody will care if the amount of youth protesting for that coza rubbish channel their strength to this rubbish they will be heard and people will join them simple let us stop channeling our stress to unworthy rubbish let us channel ours to change the govt I am ready to. Protest for my rights but how will I just go to the streets and protest only me oh imagine
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:59am On Jun 30, 2019
inoki247:
And our Youth are Somewhere in Coza Protesting wetin Court neva give verdict on... I remember when 2face wan protest dat time everybody keep mute... Protest wey go move the country nd d Economy forward people no go come out...

Before we take you serious
Did you come out
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2019
Ooye12:
This country can’t never be survive with all this embarassed I pity our generation...
Just plan your life and dump this country because if the masses don't want to have sense the ones who have that fire to fight will just leave

1 Like

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 30, 2019
Wisdom58:
President of the Senate, Senator Ahmed Lawan; his deputy, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege; Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr Femi Gbajabiamila; Deputy Speaker, Mr Ahmed Idris, and 465 other lawmakers are set to receive at least N32.83bn  as welcome package, investigation has shown.

A member of the federal legislature management confirmed the development to one of our correspondents on the condition of anonymity on Saturday.

He had also yet to reply the text message sent to him as of the time of filing this report.

The welcome package comprises annual accommodation allowance, furniture allowance, and motor vehicle loan. It will also include the salaries and allowances of the lawmakers for the first month and the running or overhead cost for the first three months.

There was indication that the running cost might have been enhanced as each member of the House of Representatives might receive as much as N70m.

Although it could not be ascertained what a senator would receive, traditionally, senators are paid higher than the House of  Representatives members.  If a Rep receives N70m, a senator may receive up to N10m.

However, N32.83m is the summation of N70m into 469 places which is the total number of lawmakers at the federal level.

A source at the National Assembly confirmed to one of our correspondents that each Rep would receive N70m while another source confirmed that a senator would receive at least N70m.

The summation of the annual accommodation allowance, furniture allowance, and motor vehicle loan for either a senator or Rep is lower than N70m, thus indicating that the unofficial emoluments of the lawmakers may have been enhanced.

A senator collects N40.5m (for three months) for overhead as revealed by Senator Shehu Sani in the 8th National Assembly. The monthly salary and regular allowances of a senator is N1, 063,860.

As prescribed by the Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission, a senator is entitled to N4,052,800 for accommodation (once a year) and a furniture allowance of N6,079,200 (once in four years). Should a senator desire, they are entitled to N8, 105,600 as motor vehicle loan.  These sum up to N59, 801,460.

A member of the House of Representatives, on the other hand, receives N30m a quarter for overhead or running cost. They are also entitled to a monthly salary and a regular allowance of N794, 086.83.

The accommodation allowance of a Rep is N3, 970,425 per annum while the furniture allowance is N5, 955,637 (for four years). Should a Rep desire, they can get a motor vehicle loan of N7, 940,850.50. These sum up to N48, 660,999.83.

Confirming the allowances and the scheduled payment, members of the parliament told one of our correspondents on the condition of anonymity that the payment was supposed to have been paid earlier than now.

The source added, “We have not collected anything. Up till now, I have not got one naira. I’m broke now and I’m looking for money.”

“The car loan is about N7m. It’s different from the official car that will come later. The loan is just like an advance payment of our annual transport allowance.”

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/lawan-gbajabiamila-omo-agege-others-receive-n32-83bn-welcome-package/
Sometimes I feel that being an African is a curse what the hell is this and all we can do is fret I feel like crying sad
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by eebraa(m): 12:07pm On Jun 30, 2019
Allah ya isa
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by HeyCorleone(m): 12:11pm On Jun 30, 2019
Ausrichie:

They will be killed and nobody will care if the amount of youth protesting for that coza rubbish channel their strength to this rubbish they will be heard and people will join them simple let us stop channeling our stress to unworthy rubbish let us channel ours to change the govt I am ready to. Protest for my rights but how will I just go to the streets and protest only me oh imagine

Nigerians can't protest against the government. That is a long established fact. It can never happen. We are so divided across so many lines.

So leave people who have something in common to come together.
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by bionixs: 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2019
Wisdom58:

the useless jinxed nigerian youth will never protest. they would rather hit the street, sweating and standing for a so-called rape victim on a case they are not sure if it ever happened
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 30, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Nigerians can't protest against the government. That is a long established fact. It can never happen. We are so divided across so many lines.

So leave people who have something in common to come together.
So they rather protest against an allegation with zero to no evidence it's it this country has no hope this country is just like landed property
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by HeyCorleone(m): 12:24pm On Jun 30, 2019
Ausrichie:

So they rather protest against an allegation with zero to no evidence it's it this country has no hope this country is just like landed property

Pretty sure when your daughter gets raped, you'd use the same energy of "no evidence" and not pursue the matter.

Your level of reasoning is sickening.

Leave people to protest. Stay in your house and sleep.
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 30, 2019
Who is the mod that pushed dis rubbish to front page? angry angry
We're still trying to measure the length of fatwhite's dick and the breadth of dickolo's pussy to see if they match through extrapolation and reverse engineering techniques and you dare disturb us with money for akara for our representathieves?? undecided undecided
Bia be kiafu oo

1 Like

Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 30, 2019
But is there no way this nation can stop this nonsense it’s 2019. When are we going to start building this nation? Something has to be done jeez
Re: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Omo-agege, Others To Receive N32.83bn Welcome Package by swetjo(f): 12:34pm On Jun 30, 2019
Nigerians need protests on this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yamah Mohammed: Senators Slam Ambassadorial Nominee Over Comments On APC Crisis / Akpabio Unveils Orji Kalu, Lawan, Others As Committees Chairmen, Vice-Chairmen / Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.