Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,315 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria (46262 Views)

Lagos Blue Line Trains Now Run On Electricity (Videos). / Oyan, A Nigerian Town With People In All Countries Of The World / Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by emcygen: 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2019
Cyberleets:
Lol dude go to nnewi..,light is at least 20hrs plus some days sef...and it's cheap
really? served close to nnewi some few years ago that town was total darkness I mean the only source of power there was generator.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2019
Bayelsa man Bonny island Rivers State is your best bet. Though may not be the cheapest, but looking at where you are from then Bonny island is home for you.

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by pat077: 8:01pm On Jun 30, 2019
ThothHermes:
As a freelancer you need just your laptop and phone no?

A small solar inverter should do it.
like how much will d small inverter cost?
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by francium001: 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2019
Flipmac:

Thanks.
But I'm from bayelsa though so I don't speak yoruba. Do you think language would be a barrier?
Then find road enter any top Kalabari community in Rivers state like Abonnema, Buguma, Abalama or Obuama(also known as HARRY'S TOWM) I enjoyed steady and free power supply throughout my stay there.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Damfostopper(m): 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2019
ibadan south.... ido LGA.... ibadan...... I used electric cooker throughout my service year..... the light there is beyond
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by kayo80(m): 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2019
Flipmac:

Thanks. I've read about oshogbo. As for Ibadan, can you mention specific areas?

Akobo in Ibadan has good power supply.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by osothermal(m): 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2019
Jtown has an average of 20hrs in most areas
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Cmeo(m): 8:06pm On Jun 30, 2019
Flipmac:
Good day guys,
I work online as a freelancer on fiverr. I'm currently seeking a cheap town or place in Nigeria that I can get good supply of electricity (at least $12 hours or more). This is to enable me do online jobs and cut cost of buying petrol.
I would prefer somewhere cheap where I can get a decent self contain accommodation for around 70k. Also, I would like a place that has good security.

There's an old thread similar to this opened by a freelancer a few years ago but sadly I can't find it.

Please give me suggestions. I hear oshogbo is good choice.

Any other suggestions? Be as specific as possible. Thanks.

Ganmo/Amoyo area of Kwara State beside Ilorin. You are assured of 20 - 22 hours of electricity daily. You could also get an accommodation of that price range and cost of living is relatively cheap.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Hafeexla(m): 8:06pm On Jun 30, 2019
Ora Igbomina Osun State Stable power supply couple with low tarriff, max is 2k per month.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by sleemoon(m): 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2019
Flipmac:
Good day guys,
I work online as a freelancer on fiverr. I'm currently seeking a cheap town or place in Nigeria that I can get good supply of electricity (at least $12 hours or more). This is to enable me do online jobs and cut cost of buying petrol.
I would prefer somewhere cheap where I can get a decent self contain accommodation for around 70k. Also, I would like a place that has good security.

There's an old thread similar to this opened by a freelancer a few years ago but sadly I can't find it.

OP come Kosobo in Oyo town... A room and parlor self contained is 75k, 2 bedroom flat 100k....

This Kosobo Area is the best in Oyo town... I can guarantee you 18-20hrs or 24hrs straight per day...

Mind you, we pay up to 6k in a month if d light is steady.. Buh d least na 4k.. I meant in total oo.. So if u guys re to divide it, it depends on how many tenants una have
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Ikpongiton: 8:08pm On Jun 30, 2019
o.p , you are a very greedy man oo.you want a cheap town,with security and steady light,in nigeria?na only you de?sha ,you can try omoku in river state,but with your bullet proof vest

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by ajericho(m): 8:09pm On Jun 30, 2019
Go ilesa for osun
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by ademolajubril: 8:09pm On Jun 30, 2019
Come to south west in ibadan & ring road to be precise,we use straight 2-3 days of uninterrupted power supply...but rent na your ego...

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 30, 2019
Flipmac:
Good day guys,

come to Akure, i will give u room for free.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by ajericho(m): 8:10pm On Jun 30, 2019
sleemoon:

OP come Kosobo in Oyo town... A room and parlor self contained is 75k, 2 bedroom flat 100k....

This Kosobo Area is the best in Oyo town... I can guarantee you 18-20hrs or 24hrs straight per day...

Mind you, we pay up to 6k in a month if d light is steady.. Buh d least na 4k.. I meant in total oo.. So if u guys re to divide it, it depends on how many tenants una have

Na where be Kosobo o, na village?
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Tripitaka: 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2019
Cyberleets:
Lol dude go to nnewi..,light is at least 20hrs plus some days sef...and it's cheap
Lol. Where for Nnewi abeg?

2 Likes

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by GreatManBee: 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2019
Odetokun3:
Osogbo or Ibadan
Flipmac come to Oluyole Ibadan. Power supply here is about 18 hours per day on average.

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Chukazu: 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2019
greggng:

Is a pity your budget is low I would have asked you to come into Gowon estate especially the side I live...is an estate but 20 hours light...

Agbesan estate just across also has good electricity with cheaper rent
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Aystarz: 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2019
Odetokun3:

Moniya, Bodija, Akobo, General gas axis. Yemetu. the ones i know o

Add Ajibode and extensions, please. The town is right inside the University of Ibadan and power is super regular because of the prevalence of prepaid meters in the area.

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by grandstar(m): 8:12pm On Jun 30, 2019
Flipmac:
Good day guys,

Learnt power in Ikorodu is white constant. Also know that accommodation is cheap but I don't think that cheap.

I can't also vouch for security
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Ay04z(m): 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2019
Hw is this freelancer tin can u teach me. as per light and accommodation.. dat one na small tin.. I have an area.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Sarolaj2010(m): 8:15pm On Jun 30, 2019
Come to osun state, Ikirun township to be precise, around Agboro or federal government college area, you will get 18hours electricity
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by seuncyrus(m): 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2019
Flipmac:

Thanks. I've read about oshogbo. As for Ibadan, can you mention specific areas?

Akobo is your best option in Ibadan. I can guarantee at least 14 -16(even more sef) hours light daily (if there's nothing wrong with the transformer sha). House rent can be a bit expensive in the "estates" sha

A second option, is obaniyi area around Ijaye, Lagos (at least 18 hours guaranteed) House rent is moderate except you want to stay inside runsewe estate ..

A third option is Keffi in Nasarawa state, stay in the GRA... Na light go kee you last last grin
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:19pm On Jun 30, 2019
go to ikot ikepene..federal housing estate...they have steady power..I was there recently
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by capsogiga(m): 8:19pm On Jun 30, 2019
NEW BUSSA, NIGER STATE WHERE YOU HAVE KAINJI HYDRO ELECTRIC DAM. ACCOMODATION IS CHEAP.

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Daviestunech(m): 8:19pm On Jun 30, 2019
Flipmac:
Good day guys,

IJEODODO a place after ijegun (Lagos State)...that were im currently staying.the light we dey here just b like the one wey dey Dubai...we use light here more than 24_48 hours sometimes.

NB- the only problem is that there is bad road
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by sleemoon(m): 8:20pm On Jun 30, 2019
ajericho:

undecided
ajericho:

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 30, 2019
olajizz01:
If you can try Osogbo and or it's environment,you won't regret it.

Even some coppers stay behind after their service year.

Is there any town in Nigeria that some corpers don't stay behind after their service year?

2 Likes

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by bolufem29(m): 8:25pm On Jun 30, 2019
You can try kainji,Niger state. You will even get house of 45k
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Shadowdreams: 8:26pm On Jun 30, 2019
mikkycoins:
Where?
Otun-Ekiti in Moba LGA of ekiti state. steady power supply pretty cool indigenes many serving corpers
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by bizhop01: 8:26pm On Jun 30, 2019
Come to my area Ikoyi you will not regret, but not with 70k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lagos City: Allen Avenue And Opebi In Pictures (Video) / Canada Closed Work Permit / 10 Exotic Vacations Nigerians Can Take Without A Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.