Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,785 members, 7,956,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:58 PM

What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. (4546 Views)

My Neighbor Has The Weirdest Marriage Ever / What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Seen In Someone Else House? / What’s The Weirdest Thing A Visitor Has Done In Your House/home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by Debbieo(f): 9:29pm On Jul 07, 2019
Am enjoying your stories I beg continue

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by sabbiboi: 11:06pm On Jul 07, 2019
These are weird stories I want to believe are all true.

But it sounds more weird how OP experienced all this while growing

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by Atk1nson(m): 4:47am On Jul 08, 2019
Generalwoodz:
No 3 isnt weird its normal here

Where is this normal?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by Atk1nson(m): 4:53am On Jul 08, 2019
stupidity:
7. This next story is the funniest cheesy

So this family was kinda poor, just a father, mother and their wayward son. He was about 25 to 30 as at then. Looking notorious always. So he was always going and out of prison due to one crime to the other. So he got back from prison after spending 3months there, then on this day, He got really physical with his old mom. People gathered to hear what the issue was, this was what came out of his mouth “since morning I have not eaten, my mom didn’t cook anything, back in the prison I would have eaten beans and bread already”

Lol. Everyone was rolling on the floor with laughter.

Weird right?

Stay for more

shocked

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by Bananaz: 10:58am On Jul 08, 2019
Homeboiy:

My former landlord here in Benin city tried something like this to me, because I had one month left before I packed out and my things were still there, I locked the room.

After several warnings and threats, I still didn't open the door.

One night around 11pm, I started seeing cockroaches flying in my room, but my surprise is that my door is locked, Windows locked, my friends door is opened, we share same flat. No cockroach in his room, but more than 100 cockroacheas flying in my room. I killed all.

Woke up in the morning to see that he has already came to beg I open the door.

Things dey happen

Well, that sucks. It seems I'm not the only one who suffered from such abuse by a landlord. But I can't deny that's a very ingenious way to make the tenant move out. But that was a long time ago, now thanks to the articles like this which I found via the Internet I'm fully prepared for such assault.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by Ryan03(f): 3:50pm On Jul 08, 2019
stupidity:
3. This third story is about my opposite neighbor back then. This family has an old woman, a younger woman and her three daughters. So we were fond of calling the old woman grandma to the three girls, while the younger woman was the mother to the three girls. So we always wondered what happened to the father of the three girls as he was never mentioned in any discussion whatsoever. So we grew up and later realized the old woman actually married the younger woman, paid her bride price, and get men to sleep with her so she could bear her kids. Kids that will bear and carry on her name. Weird right?

Refresh the page for more
OLUWA O........

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by Ryan03(f): 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2019
stupidity:
lol I swear, you are so right. If I’m asked to choose between now and the olden days, take all these gadgets and bring back the good ol days.
Hell no, olden days ke? I wish to be born in the future sef

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by nnamdiosu(m): 5:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
stupidity:
7. This next story is the funniest cheesy

So this family was kinda poor, just a father, mother and their wayward son. He was about 25 to 30 as at then. Looking notorious always. So he was always going and out of prison due to one crime to the other. So he got back from prison after spending 3months there, then on this day, He got really physical with his old mom. People gathered to hear what the issue was, this was what came out of his mouth “since morning I have not eaten, my mom didn’t cook anything, back in the prison I would have eaten beans and bread already”

Lol. Everyone was rolling on the floor with laughter.

Weird right?

Stay for more

Bro ride on..please

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by midnighter(f): 6:17pm On Oct 09, 2019
stupidity:
3. So we grew up and later realized the old woman actually married the younger woman, paid her bride price, and get men to sleep with her so she could bear her kids. Kids that will bear and carry on her name. Weird right?

They do this in my place also, it's really weird.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by Octopusssy(f): 9:02pm On Oct 09, 2019
stupidity:
Well, I just want to do small amebo this evening so sit tight and enjoy the stories.

Please note; I personally know everyone involved in this story and it’s not fictional. I’m from the south and all the stories are true events.

1. There’s this distant uncle of mine, he comes to visit us at the family house once in a while, grandma enjoys his company a lot. This uncle had “one eye”, as the other eye looks dead. So this faithful day, a lady came to visit us with just “one eye” as well. She was introduced to us as the wife to the “one eyed” man” we all got confused as to how a husband and wife both got their right eye’s blind. Our curiosity made us ask grandma and she explained to us that, the man’s wife was born with just one eye, while the man had his two eyes intact. So the man and his wife were fond of fighting always and the man was always making fun of the wife with her disabled eye. So one night the man was sleeping, he felt something dropped from the ceiling right into his right eye. He jumped up shouting and crying for help. That was how he lost his right eye. He and his wife became even. But till today, no one could tell what dropped into his eyes and who dropped it. The wife denied knowing anything about it. Weird right?

Stay tuned for more.
This is super weird
Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by Octopusssy(f): 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2019
stupidity:
2. The man involved in this second story is somehow connected to the first man but they live in different towns. So this man was sleeping with his daughter. The wife knew about it but she was scared of speaking out because the man threatened to stop paying the daughters university’s fees and as well send the wife packing. Having no where to run to or turn to. The wife and the daughter endured it all till the daughter was in I think year 3 or 4 in the university, she couldn’t continue with her dads ritual anymore, she spoke out about it and implicated her mom. The news broke out and the man and his wife were banished by the towns chief from visiting nor having visitors in their house. Back then I used to pass by the mans house, no one associated with them as their house was always deserted. Weird right? Stay tuned for more
This ain't weird. This is abominable
Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by Octopusssy(f): 9:05pm On Oct 09, 2019
stupidity:
3. This third story is about my opposite neighbor back then. This family has an old woman, a younger woman and her three daughters. So we were fond of calling the old woman grandma to the three girls, while the younger woman was the mother to the three girls. So we always wondered what happened to the father of the three girls as he was never mentioned in any discussion whatsoever. So we grew up and later realized the old woman actually married the younger woman, paid her bride price, and get men to sleep with her so she could bear her kids. Kids that will bear and carry on her name. Weird right?

Refresh the page for more
Not weird. It's a culture in certain parts of Igboland to prevent a lineage from dying out, especially where there are no male successors.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by Octopusssy(f): 9:08pm On Oct 09, 2019
stupidity:
5. This story happened in the 90s as well and is damn scary and unbelievable at the same time but it’s damn true. This distant in-law of mine lived abroad, he works and lives there with his wife. So something unusual started happening to him, he started smelling for no reason, he got laid off work because of this, so he had to confide in his white friend to help his life. He noticed at night he wasn’t always alone as he felt a spiritual being do come around. So his white friend installed a hidden camera in his room and monitored it. The camera was to take photos of any kind of movement in the room where he and his wife sleeps. So one day the camera was taken out as usual for inspection, behold it was the wife’s mom the camera captured. She was actually appearing spiritually all the way from Nigeria to yankee to pour cassava-soaked-water on her son in-law(her daughters husband).

They were both dumbfounded when they saw mama on the photos captured by the camera. The in-law had to fly down to Nigeria with these photos to show the whole community what his mother in-law has subjected him to. Mama was stripped and made to confess. Which she did and admitted to flying to yankee at night to pour smelly water on her son in-law so he could be laid off work.

Weird right?
More coming.
Errr... I find this very hard to believe... undecided
Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by Octopusssy(f): 9:09pm On Oct 09, 2019
stupidity:
6. This story isn’t a story as I witness it and it was always used to mock me because I hail from the community this event happened but it isn’t a family story.

This happened in the 90s as well. There was this tree believed to be a haven for witches at night. So after much debate and consideration by the community chiefs, they agreed to cut down the tree. So they assembled some young men to do the job. The tree was cut down, but the next day, it was right up standing like nothing happened to it. Everyone was amused as to which powers is behind it, they assembled again and brought down this tree, it came back up after few days, I was really scared when this happened as I always avoid taking that route whenever I’m going for an errand. This tree was taken down for good seven times, the seventh time, it was chopped down to pieces and burnt to ashes. That was how it stopped getting back up. Many many years after, when I tell someone “I’m from so so community, they’ll shout “heyyyyy, is it not that community where a tree was cut down several times before it finally died? Omon I deh fear you o” we will laugh over it.

Weird right?

More coming
grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by Octopusssy(f): 9:12pm On Oct 09, 2019
stupidity:
8. This next story is the weirdest. Happened in the 90s as well. The two men involved, one was right at the back of my family house, while the other was kinda far but both men were good friends and hunters. So on this day, they both went hunting as usual, they mostly hunt at night. They do go in the evening and come back the next morning. So they went hunting as usual, getting to the hunting ground, they’d separate and hunt separately, so this man at the back of my house, was always fund of turning into a bush pig to terrorize his friend(co-hunter). He did it several times until luck ran out of him on this very night they went hunting, his friend shot at the bush pig, but instead he heard someone scream “yeyyyyyy, you have killed me” the shooter ran towards the bush pig and saw it was his co-hunter that was lying in the pool of blood instead, he quickly took his gun, ran out of the bush and straight to the police station to narrate what happened. In his statement “it was a bush pig that I shot”. That was how his friend died and was buried. This is no fiction as I attended the man’s burial just at the back of my house. Weird right?

More
I heard of this story. Are you sure this is not fiction??

You seem to be a child of the 80s, which is why your stories revolve around the 90s.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by blessedvisky(m): 1:43am On Oct 10, 2019
stupidity:
5. This story happened in the 90s as well and is damn scary and unbelievable at the same time but it’s damn true. This distant in-law of mine lived abroad, he works and lives there with his wife. So something unusual started happening to him, he started smelling for no reason, he got laid off work because of this, so he had to confide in his white friend to help his life. He noticed at night he wasn’t always alone as he felt a spiritual being do come around. So his white friend installed a hidden camera in his room and monitored it. The camera was to take photos of any kind of movement in the room where he and his wife sleeps. So one day the camera was taken out as usual for inspection, behold it was the wife’s mom the camera captured. She was actually appearing spiritually all the way from Nigeria to yankee to pour cassava-soaked-water on her son in-law(her daughters husband).

They were both dumbfounded when they saw mama on the photos captured by the camera. The in-law had to fly down to Nigeria with these photos to show the whole community what his mother in-law has subjected him to. Mama was stripped and made to confess. Which she did and admitted to flying to yankee at night to pour smelly water on her son in-law so he could be laid off work.

Weird right?
More coming.

Paranormal activity can be caught on camera?? You just gave me an incredible idea!!
Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 10, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

NO BE LIE! grin

I don't know if its juju and all, but trees have life in them.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by nnamdiosu(m): 7:51am On Oct 10, 2019
blessedvisky:

Paranormal activity can be caught on camera?? You just gave me an incredible idea!!

In some very rare cases, yes they can.

There are laws governing the spiritual realm. There are also dome modus operandi that stipulate how they might choose to operate from their realm to ours.
It was also possible for the mil to have appeared without the camera being seen. But maybe that way is for higher members which she may not have access to the information.

So the process she used could allow physical objects detect.
E.g dogs sense spiritual entities...or panoral activities, that's why the bark at night. But trust me, there are some higher spiritual entities that would walk near the dog and even knock their heads if possible..lol, but the dogs won't sense them because their level in the spiritual realm is extra high and can't be detected by natural entities or apparatus.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by nnamdiosu(m): 7:53am On Oct 10, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

I don't know if its just and all, but trees have life in them.

You right...plant are living things with life...and e end emotions. They feel, hear us and can response to words spoken to them, (positive or negative).

But to act like the story in OP example, that tree isn't a normal tree. Probably a meeting place for the evil peeps
Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by Smallboy01: 9:10am On Oct 10, 2019
blessedvisky:

It's kinda possible, cause there are many YouTube clips that caught angels and supernatural beings on camera.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by Blackbug: 10:56am On Oct 10, 2019
Op please continue cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by blessedvisky(m): 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2019
nnamdiosu:

In some very rare cases, yes they can.

There are laws governing the spiritual realm. There are also dome modus operandi that stipulate how they might choose to operate from their realm to ours.
It was also possible for the mil to have appeared without the camera being seen. But maybe that way is for higher members which she may not have access to the information.

So the process she used could allow physical objects detect.
E.g dogs sense spiritual entities...or panoral activities, that's why the bark at night. But trust me, there are some higher spiritual entities that would walk near the dog and even knock their heads if possible..lol, but the dogs won't sense them because their level in the spiritual realm is extra high and can't be detected by natural entities or apparatus.

Ok thanks
Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by blessedvisky(m): 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2019
Smallboy01:

It's kinda possible, cause there are many YouTube clips that caught angels and supernatural beings on camera.
Incredible
Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by cococandy(f): 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2019
Lmao. Why didn’t she relocate herself to yankee grin
stupidity:

Weird right?
More coming.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by LewsTherin: 4:10pm On Oct 10, 2019
cococandy:

Yankee witches are anti-immigrant!

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by cococandy(f): 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2019
grin
LewsTherin:

Yankee witches are anti-immigrant!
Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by generationz(f): 7:54pm On Oct 10, 2019
cococandy:

Na illegal immigrant na grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by generationz(f): 9:05pm On Oct 10, 2019
stupidity:
no brah. He actually turned into a bush pig. He was always fond of doing it to make fun/terrorize his friend. Sometimes he’ll attack his friend and get away. It was this very day luck ran out of him. Secondly he wasn’t even supposed to be hunting in that area because they do separate to hunt on separate areas.

This story doesn't make sense.

Since they were friends why was he always attacking him? Why didn't he end the freindship based on his friends actions?

I know shape shifting is real but I suspect the other hunter deliberately killed his freind and lied.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by generationz(f): 9:11pm On Oct 10, 2019
stupidity:
12. This next story is very touching. At times when I see people say black magic isn’t real I laugh at them. “You donno whats going on” lol.

There was this house maid of my grandma back then, very young beautiful girl. She got married early and had like 5 kids. But something happened and she became mentally ill for good 10 years before she died. Here’s what happened, her husband was a palm wine tapper, and he as well introduced a donation meeting whereby he collects money from different individuals monthly and keep it for them pending when the donations time elapses, everyone will collect his or her own donation. So on this day, the donation money got missing. She was asked severally if she knows anything about the missing money but she denied. Her husband was very furious and he didn’t let it go just like that, instead whenever he’s about to go tapping palmwine, he’ll strip naked, climb the palm tree and start laying curses on whoever stole the money. He did this several times till on day this beautiful lady woke up mad. It now dawn on everyone that she was actually the one that stole the money. Till she died, her husband refused to lay of the curse and he as well chased her out of his house, my grandma had to take her in. She stayed with us for years then moved out to her family house, she later fell ill and died. I can still remember her face vividly while typing this. I could remember she’ll just wake up in the morning, run outside and start quarreling with the fence. grin Weird right?

More coming

Are you from Edo state?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by saucecode(m): 7:04am On Oct 11, 2019
cococandy:
Are you still in Maryland?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by CONFAMA: 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2019
sabbiboi:
These are weird stories I want to believe are all true.

But it sounds more weird how OP experienced all this while growing

Op na abami eda. Na wetin I fit use describe am. shocked
Re: What Is The Weirdest Family Stories You Ever Heard/witnessed? Come in. by drginger(f): 6:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
Just felt like i was reading or watching tales by moonlight.. Really entertaining.. The realm of the spirit is real gaskiya, some ppl are yet to learn that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bank Fraud And Identity Theft / Should I Keep My Secret??? / I Bought The Fake Haers Vacuum Flask

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.