Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? (30109 Views)

Japa: Man Fervently Prays On His Nigerian Passport For U.S Visa, Others (Video) / Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview / Countries With The Highest Rates Of U.S. Visa Refusals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by planetx: 11:51pm On Jul 01, 2019
tope3x:
I was there 2 weeks ago and I was denied, let me hint you how it went.
I applied for a visiting visa, I am a business man, married with 2 kids,let me say I am a boss, as I have 7 people that works for me in my company, I never lied in my application, I had my company documents intact, marriage certificate, kids birth certificates, my duplex pictures, lands documents, documents that really shows I have a business, like sales reciept and other stuffs.
Now the Interview went like this :
VO : why are you going to the USA
Me : I am going there on a vacation, I have been working much lately and I need some time to go relax, so I'm choosing USA
VO : who is sponsoring your travel
Me: I am the one sponsoring myself
Vo : how many days do you intend to stay
Me : just 14 days
VO : are you married
Me : yes with 2 kids
Vo: you ever traveled of Nigeria before
Me : YES
VO : where
Me: South Africa and Malaysia
VO : what was your mission in Malaysia
Me: I was there to study
Vo : what did you studied
Me : tourism management
VO : how long were you there for
Me : 3 Years.. 2011-2014
VO: sorry you are not eligible for the visa, sorry for keeping you this long, have a good day... next
Me... Thank you
You that is trying to japa, vacation indeed. What happened to Kenya or Gambia,

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by mrsfavour(f): 11:51pm On Jul 01, 2019
Graduateacher:
Just go and try your luck, prepare your mind for the worst
u got it,very simple.those people can frustrate .

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by sunboy(m): 11:56pm On Jul 01, 2019
Graduateacher:
Just go and try your luck, prepare your mind for the worst

Just to add to this... so your friend who’s sponsoring lives in NY, and you are going for an event in Nevada ...they might ask where you would be staying, if you have any plans to visit your friend in NY since he’s your sponsor. You might want to prepare yourself for more questions from that angle. It may work for or against your case.

In all, be realistic, logical and try to stick the truth... they cannot kill you, it’s either a yes or no ...hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by mrprolifik: 12:15am On Jul 02, 2019
I am African living in europe and a pro natural bodybuilder . I think you would stand a better chance if u were going to the states to compete either as an amateur or a pro. But u never know your visa might still be approved. As for my case I do compete around Europe and I competed in the usa last year . The visa interview was smooth just 3 minutes and visa was approved.
Even though I am a permanent resident in the e.u I was still asked about my travel history and details about my mission to those country i travelled to.

quote author=KingDann post=79829288]Hello Fam,

Hope we’re all having a great day!? I’m feeling quite timorous as I type this.

I’m a Nigerian, but reside and work as a gym instructor in Ghana.

I have interest to experience live 2019 Mr. Olympia in Las Vegas, Neveda, United States coming up on September. It’s important to me because I’m a bodybuilder, fitness instructor and an aspiring Nutritionist.

I have a good friend based in NYC who’s willing to sponsor my visitation. I’ve dusted my papers, got my Nigerian passport and applied for my U.S visa but what I’m a little afraid of is the extremely low rate at which the US embassy grants Africans (Nigerians especially) visas to their country.
Although, my visa interview is in a month time.

I’ve gotten my fact straight but Baba! I still dey fear because I’ve really given a lot for this can’t stand it all go to waste.

Please!! Guys in the house who has experience any visa interview should please give me insightful advice on how to best pass the visa interview.

Meanwhile, I’ll be in the comment section learning and answering queries.

Gracias!
[/quote]
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 02, 2019
Look for a Catholic church, enter a chapel, put a sacrificial offering in envelope. Drop it after talking to God..

Thank me later..

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by seangy4konji: 12:40am On Jul 02, 2019
By not going there at all..

They will buy another flower with your visa fee..

I warned you.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by ussv: 12:57am On Jul 02, 2019
To start with , you have a good chance since your reason for travelling is in conformity with what you do . Next you'd have to have ties either in Ghana or Nigeria. things like family ties, financial ties, and strong job ties (e.g Job with good benefits and strong paycheck. You don't necessarily have to know or have anybody in the United states to get US visa. In Fact my friend, the contrary is the case now because sometimes they turn people down for saying they have friends and family here. And please , DO NOT USE FAKE BANK STATEMENTS (They check now at Random), and use documents that you or people can back up for you in case there's a call. E.g If you are gonna present yourself as the manager for ABC company with 123 salary. When called, the HR of ABC company should be able to verify who you are and what you earn. But ties to your home country is a major determinant in getting a US visa because in securing US visa, every applicant from Nigeria is a suspect, and they trust you would not come back should you be granted.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by ericmor: 1:08am On Jul 02, 2019
tope3x:
I applied for a visiting visa, I am a business man, married with 2 kids,let me say I am a boss, as I have 7 people that works for me in my company, I never lied in my application, I had my company documents intact, marriage certificate, kids birth certificates, my duplex pictures, lands documents, documents that really shows I have a business, like sales reciept and other stuffs.
Me : I am going there on a vacation, I have been working much lately and I need some time to go relax, so I'm choosing USA
VO: sorry you are not eligible for the visa, sorry for keeping you this long, have a good day... next
Me... Thank you

First, getting a USA Visa is by God grace but from what friends have been telling me on how they got their visa, without u telling me u were refused I already knew. U were too convidence which they don’t like and you gave answer to question they didn’t ask u. And for people saying u have to travel to other countries first, like 7 of my friends are over there now and only one went to gahna before applying for USA �� Visa even two of them told me they were asked why have they not traveled out of Nigeria before and they both gave same answer which is, since they have no business or anything doing in other countries why will they go there. USA have a number of applicant they give visa daily. Is a 50/50 thing before they get the figure but after reaching the figure, every other applicant na voice mail o

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by ezewealth(m): 1:25am On Jul 02, 2019
Tats:
The onus is on you to prove that you will return to your job/location after your visit as you are considered an immigrant and have to prove otherwise. You have to show a high interest in the event which you are going to attend. You should be able to name the key contenders of the competition and state that you have always followed the past events held in Vegas too and have always wished to go for it. You could indicate how attending the event will help to improve your contacts and network and broaden your horizon as many people in your profession will be there.
If there are opportunities for growth in your current gym, you need to indicate that to show that you are aspiring to grow in your current job.
I love your intellegence bro. I fit dey seek advice from u?
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by JediB(f): 1:28am On Jul 02, 2019
My dear brother, being granted a Visa is not magic, just a combo of common sense, chronology, background work and appearance.

First of, you are a Nigerian residing in Ghana (Red Light). Why? How often do you visit Nigeria although based in Ghana? How many events (career and family) do you attend in 6 months in Nigeria? Your bank accounts are they in Ghana or Nigeria? Are you married, if so, that could explain your residence in Ghana. If not, it is on you to prove, not forgetting the pre-determined belief, that you re running away, your not living in Nigeria.

"I have interest..." Anyone can have an interest in bodybuilding for different reasons. Such interest does not warrant or justify a "live experience" - what is internet streaming for? You can catch it live online, a far more cheaper and convenient way (reasoning of the VO). To tie your interest to your "I'm a body builder, fitness ...." claim, prepare to show (via flyers, documents etc) events in Ghana/Nigeria you organised or were part organiser in that line of work. Tell the VO, you re going to scout the preparations and organisation of the event, so that you can come apply it to the one your team is organising later in the year, months after your return (if you can design a flyer for a date and venue for latter 2019). Your sponsoring friend, is he American, if he is, have him buy you and send a copy of the tickets to show immigration. Write emails to the organisers, document their response. Scout for other body building events worldwide, make contact, document it, if possible let them invite you - the point of this is to stir the VO away from the thought "he wants to run away" if you have invited say to Mr Universe elsewhere, a month after, or you're expecting a baby 2 months later, or something that proves without a doubt you will be leaving.

For your friend, it could work for or against you. Knowing a person in a strange country is one major factor in choosing to go to that strange country. If you can, downplay your friend, mentioning very little about him, I say this because, if he is willing to sponsor you, who knows the extent - perhaps sponsor to get a work permit, marry akata etc

Also, the submission timing of your application form DS160 is critical. While the form is required to set an appointment date, submitting it same day is not. Fill the form, select your appointment date, save the form reference number and form. A day before your interview, remember to go back online and submit the form. This gives them less time to do a comprehensive check on you and your background. Leaving it solely on the judgement of the VO and your responses to his questions. If you submit it same day, they will dig more than enough stuff to deny you on.

APPEARANCE: This cannot be stressed well enough. Your line of work is fitness, appear like one. A Jacket on top of a T shirt accentuating your physique, on jeans and neat trainers will do the trick.

Now an Interview can go like this :

You : I am into fitness and body building. I am going to the ..... as an observer for my organisation called ..... (present a file containing your docs: past and future event flyers, a company card or letter of introduction, your ticket for the current one you re going to attend) We are organising something similar in Ghana later in 2019.

You: Our company (name it...) majorly, personal expenditure would be on me

You : (Be specific) 5 days. I plan to Arrive on the 14th, 2 days to the event on the 16th. to enable me rest and know how to get there on the day of the event. And depart on the 18th.

You: if yes, say "yes, (with an emotional laden smile)expecting my 1st, a month after the event" (memorise a date) that's why she cannot go with me and I am unable to go more than 5 days.

If no, say "Engaged" (tap your neck chain, to suggest it was a gift from your fiancee) we re planning our wedding for November after the rainy season, so many of our family members can attend.

Vo: you ever traveled out of Nigeria before
You : YES,

You: I have been to a lot of countries in Africa, my favourite being Ghana, where I currently live.

VO : what was your mission in Ghana/the countries in Africa
You: speak your travel chronology and add "Scouting for talent/participants majorly for our events"

VO : how long have you stayed in another country
You : Speak your truth, confidently, warmly, making eye contact, no fidgetting etc

VO: (handing you a white slip) Come and get your Visa at the address on the document.

You:... Thank you

It is all about common sense, your homework, your chronology etc

GOOD LUCK! (Let me know how it goes)

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by AmuRubber(m): 1:48am On Jul 02, 2019
JediB:
My dear brother, being granted a Visa is not magic, just a combo of common sense, chronology, background work and appearance.

First of, you are a Nigerian residing in Ghana (Red Light). Why? How often do you visit Nigeria although based in Ghana? How many events (career and family) do you attend in 6 months in Nigeria? Your bank accounts are they in Ghana or Nigeria? Are you married, if so, that could explain your residence in Ghana. If not, it is on you to prove, not forgetting the pre-determined belief, that you re running away, your not living in Nigeria.

"I have interest..." Anyone can have an interest in bodybuilding for different reasons. Such interest does not warrant or justify a "live experience" - what is internet streaming for? You can catch it live online, a far more cheaper and convenient way (reasoning of the VO). To tie your interest to your "I'm a body builder, fitness ...." claim, prepare to show (via flyers, documents etc) events in Ghana/Nigeria you organised or were part organiser in that line of work. Tell the VO, you re going to scout the preparations and organisation of the event, so that you can come apply it to the one your team is organising later in the year, months after your return (if you can design a flyer for a date and venue for latter 2019). Your sponsoring friend, is he American, if he is, have him buy you and send a copy of the tickets to show immigration. Write emails to the organisers, document their response. Scout for other body building events worldwide, make contact, document it, if possible let them invite you - the point of this is to stir the VO away from the thought "he wants to run away" if you have invited say to Mr Universe elsewhere, a month after, or you're expecting a baby 2 months later, or something that proves without a doubt you will be leaving.

For your friend, it could work for or against you. Knowing a person in a strange country is one major factor in choosing to go to that strange country. If you can, downplay your friend, mentioning very little about him, I say this because, if he is willing to sponsor you, who knows the extent - perhaps sponsor to get a work permit, marry akata etc

Also, the submission timing of your application form DS160 is critical. While the form is required to set an appointment date, submitting it same day is not. Fill the form, select your appointment date, save the form reference number and form. A day before your interview, remember to go back online and submit the form. This gives them less time to do a comprehensive check on you and your background. Leaving it solely on the judgement of the VO and your responses to his questions. If you submit it same day, they will dig more than enough stuff to deny you on.

APPEARANCE: This cannot be stressed well enough. Your line of work is fitness, appear like one. A Jacket on top of a T shirt accentuating your physique, on jeans and neat trainers will do the trick.

You : I am into fitness and body building. I am going to the ..... as an observer for my organisation called ..... (present a file containing your docs: past and future event flyers, a company card or letter of introduction, your ticket for the current one you re going to attend) We are organising something similar in Ghana later in 2019.

You : (Be specific) 5 days. I plan to Arrive on the 14th, 2 days to the event on the 16th. to enable me rest and know how to get there on the day of the event. And depart on the 18th.

You: if yes, say "yes, (with an emotional laden smile)expecting my 1st, a month after the event" (memorise a date) that's why she cannot go with me and I am unable to go more than 5 days.

If no, say "Engaged" (tap your neck chain, to suggest it was a gift from your fiancee) we re planning our wedding for November after the rainy season, so many of our family members can attend.

You: I have been to a lot of countries in Africa, my favourite being Ghana, where I currently live.

You: speak your travel chronology and add "Scouting for talent/participants majorly for our events"

You : Speak your truth, confidently, warmly, making eye contact, no fidgetting etc

VO: (handing you a white slip) Come and get your Visa at the address on the document.

1,000,000 Likes!

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Igetmyown247: 2:51am On Jul 02, 2019
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by folorunshoadejo(m): 5:16am On Jul 02, 2019
Charm of Smile and Confidence
TundeeednuT:
By going there with a charm

By the way. Anyone reading this, this new month shall open doors of favour and breakthrough for you. Just imagine it. Done

Amen
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by folorunshoadejo(m): 5:22am On Jul 02, 2019
Excellent
AmuRubber:

1,000,000 Likes!
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by martineverest(m): 5:54am On Jul 02, 2019
planetx:
Canada that recently denied the parents of a friend living in Canada who invited the dad age 80+ and the mother late 70's saying they don't think they will return to Nigeria. I am like they think they won't return at what age thinking it was a joke until I saw the rejection letter.
those countries are the hardest to get visas right now
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by martineverest(m): 5:56am On Jul 02, 2019
JediB:

travelling to Ghana as travel history won't help the situation... travelling to a European nation or any western countries will be ok as travel history

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 02, 2019
tope3x:
Me... Thank you

Bro just like that? That's so bad

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by NaijaElba(m): 6:19am On Jul 02, 2019
TundeeednuT:
By going there with a charm

By the way. Anyone reading this, this new month shall open doors of favour and breakthrough for you. Just imagine it. Done

Amen

you dey here too?
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Abiboss: 7:37am On Jul 02, 2019
Interested in this
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by tabithababy(f): 7:38am On Jul 02, 2019
JediB:

Chaiiii.. See answers

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 02, 2019
coninse:

Spouse visa.
lucky you.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 02, 2019
tabithababy:

Chaiiii.. See answers
These answers cheap now. Go Germany/Us visa thread. You go know how far.
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by thunderbabs: 8:49am On Jul 02, 2019
Uestion and answer isnt the problem... Either you beg your village people to back you or get behind you on or b4 getting t the interview.

Those wey answer questions perfectly sef, na sledge hammer US embassy hit on their head laslas. undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by tope3x(m): 9:02am On Jul 02, 2019
trust me bro, I want trying to run away, I wasn't even desperate, I did all this documentation myself without the help of any agent,j can't leave my family for long..japa indeed cheesy cheesy

planetx:
You that is trying to japa, vacation indeed. What happened to Kenya or Gambia,
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by DameB(f): 9:07am On Jul 02, 2019
MrWTF:
I will be straight forward.

Bring all your House documents, your family members pictures, your dog pictures, your gateman picture, your village people pictures. See, all your Assets even if na liability like wife or girlfriend pictures. Carry all the documents go the interview.

The only thing they would want to be assured of is that, after your visa expires, you would come back to Nigeria. Shikena..

This had me laughing so hard. Like seriously.
Make he kuku wake him ancestors snap them join nau. Lol

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by tope3x(m): 9:10am On Jul 02, 2019
Before I went,I read through the net that someone should be confident during their interview, although I went there with the mindset of 50/50,More so, my intentions were genuine and I have got no reasons to panic...but I think this people have quotas each day for visa applicant's... They were actually refusing the young people but granting the old women ��

ericmor:

First, getting a USA Visa is by God grace but from what friends have been telling me on how they got their visa, without u telling me u were refused I already knew. U were too convidence which they don’t like and you gave answer to question they didn’t ask u. And for people saying u have to travel to other countries first, like 7 of my friends are over there now and only one went to gahna before applying for USA �� Visa even two of them told me they were asked why have they not traveled out of Nigeria before and they both gave same answer which is, since they have no business or anything doing in other countries why will they go there. USA have a number of applicant they give visa daily. Is a 50/50 thing before they get the figure but after reaching the figure, every other applicant na voice mail o

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by tope3x(m): 9:15am On Jul 02, 2019
[bI tell you bro][/b]

Heftee001:

Bro just like that? That's so bad
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by tega10: 9:31am On Jul 02, 2019
cucumbae:
America na heaven?See as them dey advice you to pray on top money wey you don spend for visa .Africans get low mentality.

Most reasonable comment since nairaland began. This your comment blessed me. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos / Family Cheats Death After Their Car Fell Into A Ditch While Dodging Pothole.PICS / Airlines Told To Avoid Afghanistan Airspace As Emirates Airline Suspends Flights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.