Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? (30129 Views)

Japa: Man Fervently Prays On His Nigerian Passport For U.S Visa, Others (Video) / Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview / Countries With The Highest Rates Of U.S. Visa Refusals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by denitro(m): 9:44am On Jul 02, 2019
Here is how the US visa process works. (From a consular staff)
Once you apply and your interview date is set, the consular holds a meeting previewing all applications for a particular interview date.
During the meeting, they go through all applications and predetermine those that will be granted visas based on the allotted visas for
that day.
The interview date is just a formality and those who have gone for the interview can attest to the fact that it sometimes last 20 seconds
and the consular office interviewing you might not ask for your documents.
The factors they look at during the pre interview meeting:
1. DV lottery application:
If you have apply for the US DV lottery before. FORGET IT you don't qualify.
Those who have won the DV lottery and didn't go, can be rest assured they will never be granted a US visa.
REASON: Applying for a DV lottery shows intent that you had a prior mindset of migrating to the US.
meaning in the past, you wanted to migrate to the US, but now are applying as an immigrate. Your chances are ZERO
2. SPONSOR PAST HISTORY
If your sponsor entered the US on B1/B2 visa and later upgraded to another visa type: FORGET IT you don't qualify.
3. TRAVEL EXPERIENCE
Get as much travel experience as possible to boost your chances.
Maybe the embassy has already decided your fate by now.
My advice, PRAY and PRAY

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by tope3x(m): 10:06am On Jul 02, 2019
I said it...this people have your answer before you arrive...laslas, interview nah scam
denitro:
Once you apply and your interview date is set, the consular holds a meeting where all applications for a particular interview date.
During the meeting, they go through all applications and predetermine those that will be granted visas based on the allotted visas for
that day.
The interview date is just a formality and those who have gone for the interview can attest to the fact that it sometimes last 20 seconds
Those who have won the DV lottery and didn't go, can be rest assured they will never be granted a US visa.
REASON: Applying for a DV lottery shows intent that you had a prior mindset of migrating to the US.
meaning in the past, you wanted to migrate to the US, but now are applying as an immigrate. Your chances are ZERO
2. SPONSOR PAST HISTORY
If your sponsor entered the US on B1/B2 visa and later upgraded to another visa type: FORGET IT you don't qualify.
3. TRAVEL EXPERIENCE
My advice, PRAY and PRAY

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by planetx: 10:07am On Jul 02, 2019
tope3x:
trust me bro, I want trying to run away, I wasn't even desperate, I did all this documentation myself without the help of any agent,j can't leave my family for long..japa indeed cheesy cheesy

They probably did you a favor if your plan was to not come back and bring your family later, I have a family friend in that dilemma of not having seeing his very young children in three years and no hope of seeing them anytime soon. The wife was denied US visa and he his still looking for who to marry for papers.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by minasota(f): 10:22am On Jul 02, 2019
I had no plans of visiting the united states but because of this too much Drama from VOs ill give it a trial

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by IceColdVeins(m): 11:39am On Jul 02, 2019
denitro:
Once you apply and your interview date is set, the consular holds a meeting previewing all applications for a particular interview date.
that day.
2. SPONSOR PAST HISTORY
3. TRAVEL EXPERIENCE
My advice, PRAY and PRAY

Deep
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by DanielPop(m): 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2019
*I’ve gotten my fact straight but Baba! I still dey fear because I’ve really given a lot for this can’t stand it all go to waste.

If i am your VO, i will deny you because your desperation is clear here. You should be able to walk away if you are not very desperate. Note this and dont come across as very desperate during the interview. According to Kathryn Berck, "The most important things (not just one thing) that anyone needs in order to qualify for a US visa are very sensible and specific reasons to travel, and very sensible and specific reasons to go home again after a brief stay. All without puffery, attitude, or fake documents."

KingDann:
Hello Fam,

Hope we’re all having a great day!? I’m feeling quite timorous as I type this.

I’m a Nigerian, but reside and work as a gym instructor in Ghana.

I have interest to experience live 2019 Mr. Olympia in Las Vegas, Neveda, United States coming up on September. It’s important to me because I’m a bodybuilder, fitness instructor and an aspiring Nutritionist.

I have a good friend based in NYC who’s willing to sponsor my visitation. I’ve dusted my papers, got my Nigerian passport and applied for my U.S visa but what I’m a little afraid of is the extremely low rate at which the US embassy grants Africans (Nigerians especially) visas to their country.
Although, my visa interview is in a month time.

I’ve gotten my fact straight but Baba! I still dey fear because I’ve really given a lot for this can’t stand it all go to waste.

Please!! Guys in the house who has experience any visa interview should please give me insightful advice on how to best pass the visa interview.

Meanwhile, I’ll be in the comment section learning and answering queries.

Gracias!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Tats(m): 1:42pm On Jul 02, 2019
ikevictor:

How can one prove all this is an inefficient 2-minute interview focused on template questions?

You have a point. However, one issue with many people especially those who haven't been successful in such situations or never travelled before or have a lot to lose if refused is that they get destabilised once they hear the first question and from there it all goes downhill. Before they compose themselves and answer the first question, the interviewer is already on the third question and dictating the pace and flow of the interview. People become confused and can no longer answer any question correctly or intelligently or give mono-syllabic answers and anything rehearsed flies out of the head.

The idea is to stay calm, try to control the pace of the interview as much as you can while being polite and answer the first questions as best as you can. It's not as easy as I say it but that would sort of differentiate you and if a prior negative decision had not been already taken, you might just come out successful.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by dwilliams707: 1:50pm On Jul 02, 2019
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by sircrabo: 2:18pm On Jul 02, 2019
Aurielfinizu:
Look for a Catholic church, enter a chapel, put a sacrificial offering in envelope. Drop it after talking to God..

Thank me later..
How does this work , Pls explain ? is that now a surest way to get a visa ? I dont mind the strategy if you prove it to me

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by hammed71(m): 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2019
sircrabo:

How does this work , Pls explain ? is that now a surest way to get a visa ? I dont mind the strategy if you prove it to me
lol
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by scoutorama(m): 3:40pm On Jul 02, 2019
Is not about the documents you have, is not about you being able to talk well, is just by God's grace, is luck tyns if God say de will give nothing can stop it.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by planetx: 3:47pm On Jul 02, 2019
sircrabo:

How is he going to prove it to you, just try it and see now if you have visa fee to waste.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Afamed: 4:48pm On Jul 02, 2019
FCBboy:
shut up man.

Germans and Spaniards are on visa waivers to U.S.A

#odoyo
Another midday news from Lazy youth. A Spanish was interviewed on CNN just few months ago, he came with a revealing story how he was denied America visa. Senior Odoyo

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 02, 2019
sircrabo:

So u don't bliv in God?

Remove anything that will pinch or shake your pocket and give God.. trust me..

Do it with all your heart.. Muslims come to chapel to pray in Catholic,
They know what they looking for..

Chapel is underrated but u don't know the power there.. do your best as manner's don't fall from heaven.. leave the rest to God as u visit there..

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by hammed71(m): 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2019
Aurielfinizu:

So u don't bliv in God?

Remove anything that will pinch or shake your pocket and give God.. trust me..

Do it with all your heart.. Muslims come to chapel to pray in Catholic,
They know what they looking for..

Chapel is underrated but u don't know the power there.. do your best as manner's don't fall from heaven.. leave the rest to God as u visit there..
ok
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by juniorstar(m): 7:05pm On Jul 02, 2019
Being urself....dont say becos u want to travel go and load ur acct with cash...any irregularities would not be in ur favour...show them u have a life here and getting that colour we never pray to see doesnt mean to you. Be confident. Answer ur questions as best as u can...dont sugarcoat
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Dialectics: 8:16pm On Jul 02, 2019
Be prepared to prove this to the VO's. Past performance predicts future behaviour! You say you are Nigerian and live/work in Ghana. I'm not sure of Ecowas protocol, but do you have the necessary papers to work in Ghana and reside there? I'm not saying this is you, but if you are willing to live/work illegally in Ghana, what are the chances you will do the same in the US? If I were you, I will make sure I have my residence or work permits with me at the embassy.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by elonize(m): 8:47pm On Jul 02, 2019
sunboy:

Just to add to this... so your friend who’s sponsoring lives in NY, and you are going for an event in Nevada ...they might ask where you would be staying, if you have any plans to visit your friend in NY since he’s your sponsor. You might want to prepare yourself for more questions from that angle. It may work for or against your case.

In all, be realistic, logical and try to stick the truth... they cannot kill you, it’s either a yes or no ...hope this helps.

like wer ur sponsor stays,wer e works?
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by elonize(m): 8:56pm On Jul 02, 2019
JediB:
My dear brother, being granted a Visa is not magic, just a combo of common sense, chronology, background work and appearance.

First of, you are a Nigerian residing in Ghana (Red Light). Why? How often do you visit Nigeria although based in Ghana? How many events (career and family) do you attend in 6 months in Nigeria? Your bank accounts are they in Ghana or Nigeria? Are you married, if so, that could explain your residence in Ghana. If not, it is on you to prove, not forgetting the pre-determined belief, that you re running away, your not living in Nigeria.

"I have interest..." Anyone can have an interest in bodybuilding for different reasons. Such interest does not warrant or justify a "live experience" - what is internet streaming for? You can catch it live online, a far more cheaper and convenient way (reasoning of the VO). To tie your interest to your "I'm a body builder, fitness ...." claim, prepare to show (via flyers, documents etc) events in Ghana/Nigeria you organised or were part organiser in that line of work. Tell the VO, you re going to scout the preparations and organisation of the event, so that you can come apply it to the one your team is organising later in the year, months after your return (if you can design a flyer for a date and venue for latter 2019). Your sponsoring friend, is he American, if he is, have him buy you and send a copy of the tickets to show immigration. Write emails to the organisers, document their response. Scout for other body building events worldwide, make contact, document it, if possible let them invite you - the point of this is to stir the VO away from the thought "he wants to run away" if you have invited say to Mr Universe elsewhere, a month after, or you're expecting a baby 2 months later, or something that proves without a doubt you will be leaving.

For your friend, it could work for or against you. Knowing a person in a strange country is one major factor in choosing to go to that strange country. If you can, downplay your friend, mentioning very little about him, I say this because, if he is willing to sponsor you, who knows the extent - perhaps sponsor to get a work permit, marry akata etc

Also, the submission timing of your application form DS160 is critical. While the form is required to set an appointment date, submitting it same day is not. Fill the form, select your appointment date, save the form reference number and form. A day before your interview, remember to go back online and submit the form. This gives them less time to do a comprehensive check on you and your background. Leaving it solely on the judgement of the VO and your responses to his questions. If you submit it same day, they will dig more than enough stuff to deny you on.

APPEARANCE: This cannot be stressed well enough. Your line of work is fitness, appear like one. A Jacket on top of a T shirt accentuating your physique, on jeans and neat trainers will do the trick.

Now an Interview can go like this :

VO : why are you going to the USA
You : I am into fitness and body building. I am going to the ..... as an observer for my organisation called ..... (present a file containing your docs: past and future event flyers, a company card or letter of introduction, your ticket for the current one you re going to attend) We are organising something similar in Ghana later in 2019.

VO : who is sponsoring your travel
You: Our company (name it...) majorly, personal expenditure would be on me

Vo : how many days do you intend to stay
You : (Be specific) 5 days. I plan to Arrive on the 14th, 2 days to the event on the 16th. to enable me rest and know how to get there on the day of the event. And depart on the 18th.

VO : are you married
You: if yes, say "yes, (with an emotional laden smile)expecting my 1st, a month after the event" (memorise a date) that's why she cannot go with me and I am unable to go more than 5 days.

If no, say "Engaged" (tap your neck chain, to suggest it was a gift from your fiancee) we re planning our wedding for November after the rainy season, so many of our family members can attend.

Vo: you ever traveled out of Nigeria before
You : YES,

VO : where
You: I have been to a lot of countries in Africa, my favourite being Ghana, where I currently live.

VO : what was your mission in Ghana/the countries in Africa
You: speak your travel chronology and add "Scouting for talent/participants majorly for our events"

VO : how long have you stayed in another country
You : Speak your truth, confidently, warmly, making eye contact, no fidgetting etc

VO: (handing you a white slip) Come and get your Visa at the address on the document.

You:... Thank you

It is all about common sense, your homework, your chronology etc

GOOD LUCK! (Let me know how it goes)

be my tutor cos dis helps
but serious prayers is d foundation
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by elonize(m): 8:57pm On Jul 02, 2019
JediB:
My dear brother, being granted a Visa is not magic, just a combo of common sense, chronology, background work and appearance.

First of, you are a Nigerian residing in Ghana (Red Light). Why? How often do you visit Nigeria although based in Ghana? How many events (career and family) do you attend in 6 months in Nigeria? Your bank accounts are they in Ghana or Nigeria? Are you married, if so, that could explain your residence in Ghana. If not, it is on you to prove, not forgetting the pre-determined belief, that you re running away, your not living in Nigeria.

"I have interest..." Anyone can have an interest in bodybuilding for different reasons. Such interest does not warrant or justify a "live experience" - what is internet streaming for? You can catch it live online, a far more cheaper and convenient way (reasoning of the VO). To tie your interest to your "I'm a body builder, fitness ...." claim, prepare to show (via flyers, documents etc) events in Ghana/Nigeria you organised or were part organiser in that line of work. Tell the VO, you re going to scout the preparations and organisation of the event, so that you can come apply it to the one your team is organising later in the year, months after your return (if you can design a flyer for a date and venue for latter 2019). Your sponsoring friend, is he American, if he is, have him buy you and send a copy of the tickets to show immigration. Write emails to the organisers, document their response. Scout for other body building events worldwide, make contact, document it, if possible let them invite you - the point of this is to stir the VO away from the thought "he wants to run away" if you have invited say to Mr Universe elsewhere, a month after, or you're expecting a baby 2 months later, or something that proves without a doubt you will be leaving.

For your friend, it could work for or against you. Knowing a person in a strange country is one major factor in choosing to go to that strange country. If you can, downplay your friend, mentioning very little about him, I say this because, if he is willing to sponsor you, who knows the extent - perhaps sponsor to get a work permit, marry akata etc

Also, the submission timing of your application form DS160 is critical. While the form is required to set an appointment date, submitting it same day is not. Fill the form, select your appointment date, save the form reference number and form. A day before your interview, remember to go back online and submit the form. This gives them less time to do a comprehensive check on you and your background. Leaving it solely on the judgement of the VO and your responses to his questions. If you submit it same day, they will dig more than enough stuff to deny you on.

APPEARANCE: This cannot be stressed well enough. Your line of work is fitness, appear like one. A Jacket on top of a T shirt accentuating your physique, on jeans and neat trainers will do the trick.

Now an Interview can go like this :

VO : why are you going to the USA
You : I am into fitness and body building. I am going to the ..... as an observer for my organisation called ..... (present a file containing your docs: past and future event flyers, a company card or letter of introduction, your ticket for the current one you re going to attend) We are organising something similar in Ghana later in 2019.

VO : who is sponsoring your travel
You: Our company (name it...) majorly, personal expenditure would be on me

Vo : how many days do you intend to stay
You : (Be specific) 5 days. I plan to Arrive on the 14th, 2 days to the event on the 16th. to enable me rest and know how to get there on the day of the event. And depart on the 18th.

VO : are you married
You: if yes, say "yes, (with an emotional laden smile)expecting my 1st, a month after the event" (memorise a date) that's why she cannot go with me and I am unable to go more than 5 days.

If no, say "Engaged" (tap your neck chain, to suggest it was a gift from your fiancee) we re planning our wedding for November after the rainy season, so many of our family members can attend.

Vo: you ever traveled out of Nigeria before
You : YES,

VO : where
You: I have been to a lot of countries in Africa, my favourite being Ghana, where I currently live.

VO : what was your mission in Ghana/the countries in Africa
You: speak your travel chronology and add "Scouting for talent/participants majorly for our events"

VO : how long have you stayed in another country
You : Speak your truth, confidently, warmly, making eye contact, no fidgetting etc

VO: (handing you a white slip) Come and get your Visa at the address on the document.

You:... Thank you

It is all about common sense, your homework, your chronology etc

GOOD LUCK! (Let me know how it goes)

be my guide but add prayers join as it is d foundation

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by ericmor: 11:57am On Jul 03, 2019
tope3x:
Before I went,I read through the net that someone should be confident during their interview, although I went there with the mindset of 50/50,More so, my intentions were genuine and I have got no reasons to panic...but I think this people have quotas each day for visa applicant's... They were actually refusing the young people but granting the old women ��

Yes, I believe they do have numbers of people they give daily

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by ezeagu(m): 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2019
Mandynews:
Don't bother to pray, don't bother going to the witch doctor, don't do anything. Just be different if they refused to grant your visa application, just scream "What do you think It's in your country that we don't have here? I'm only going for a visit I have everything here in my country".

Try this it works #NotJoking

PS: Make sure you have visited other countries (Dubai or South Africa) before applying.

The US doesn't have time for all the thrash written on the net about questions and answers.

If your passport doesn't have tattoo don't bother yourself because you won't spend a minute with them.

Uncle don't go to the embassy with fake documents. US Embassy hates plenty of documents.

If your interview is in Abuja, make sure you don't allow the slim white woman to interview you. Skip her once you are called let them know you want to urinate.

Goodluckkiss better still use the first method

*Trash.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Horlaslim(m): 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2019
Be yourself, calm answer the question you asked don’t go extra mile or sugar coat this people are psychologists they read mind. Moreover it’s luck my dear brother. I have a friend that was granted US visa cuz he shared same birthday with the VO didn’t even check his documents again. So pray n hope for positive vibes. All the best
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by tiptoe1: 4:41pm On Jul 03, 2019
US is one of the biggest frauds in terms of fleecing visa applicants. They have never had a structure that is known by anyone on how they approve visas or what qualifies you for a visa. Everything is in secrecy.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Ugosample(m): 11:14pm On Jul 03, 2019
denitro:
that day.
2. SPONSOR PAST HISTORY
3. TRAVEL EXPERIENCE
My advice, PRAY and PRAY

this is interesting
Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by OmoBendel24: 1:06am On Jul 04, 2019
denitro:
that day.
2. SPONSOR PAST HISTORY
3. TRAVEL EXPERIENCE
My advice, PRAY and PRAY

Lolz! Which yeye consular staff? Oh please! If no one corrects this, a big lie will just be fed nairaland people, even continually.

Only your point number 2 has a lot of value and number 3 too to some extent. Your introduction and point number 1 is turning things upside down.... I doubt if there existed a year in eight in a row that my then girlfriend (now wife) did not apply for the US DV. I never did till after my US visit, and it didn’t affect my visa renewal.

And who and who holds meeting on your application before your interview? Can you substantiate that? So, how come I submitted my mother Inlaw’s DS160 form on the morning of her interview right there at the front of the embassy before she went in for her interview and yet got the visa? Oh please!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by OmoBendel24: 1:26am On Jul 04, 2019
Graduateacher:
Just go and try your luck, prepare your mind for the worst

It is hardly a try your luck thing with the US visa application currently at least. This mindset is the reason those long queues of applicants at the embassy exist virtually every day, group of people just trying their luck. And when they are turned down, they come up with tantrums and abuses, even when they know deep down that their real intention was to try their luck and of course escape if granted.

It will take a mugu developed country to actually grant visa anyhow to Nigerians as things currently are in the country, make no mistakes about that.... You must bring something more than “try your luck” to the table, several factors are considered when adjudicating per a visa application, you’ve got to be above average on your score vis-à-vis these factors these days like seriously. Top and comfortable Nigerians that were trusted with the US visa have all escaped into the US and Canada with the visa, and we expect to have it smoother with them? Luck is very minute currently in US visa adjudication, merit and meeting standards is now key!

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Best Pass My U.S Visa Interview? by Rolly22(m): 10:02am On Jul 04, 2019
justapassenger:
Well you shouldn't fear IF you truly intend to come back to your business in Ghana after the event. As it is, you actually want to to RUN so just appear wealthy and in control through out the interview. Never put on shirt and tie please lol
. A professional golf player look isn't a bad idea since you are a sportsman. Have on your finger a wedding ring and flash it occasionally for the interviewer to notice then have on your neck a simple jewelry with a pendant carrying any HEBREW insignia. Good luck!

What if he is not married and it's written on his passport Single?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Toyota Highlander Rams Into A Mosque In Lagos (Photos) / Confusion As Lagos-Bound Passenger Dies At Abuja Airport / BRT Bus Kills 2 People In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.