Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,932 members, 7,863,298 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:47 PM

Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself (2194 Views)

God Bless GEJ. You Are The Best. / 6 Die In Suicide Bomb Attack On Redeem Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Gbawe: 4:35pm On Oct 08, 2010
netotse:

i simply meant our thought processes would be different, you're unlikely to find a thread talking about who the most handsome forum member is, or how all black women should be shot, drawn and quartered because there are no juvenile delinquents running amok.

BTW, i'll have you know there are more pro-ribadu ppl there than anti-ribadu. . .

Okay my brother . I get your drift. In any case, you are a highly gracious individual. I can appreciate that. I will never tell you that Ribadu is the complete item or that we do not have better leaders than him in Nigeria. I just think that for now , and considering those who are contesting, he is the best candidate with a realistic chance of deposing the PDP , and moving us on the path of sustainable progress,  if he gets the support he needs. Like I said before, Ribadu is like an OBJ without the lack of sincerity and crass materialism. That is the leader Nigeria needs for now. With GEJ we would simply gain a President who would convene good initiatives , like the NIPP scheme, only for those who 'helped' him win to cynically hijack good intentions for self-aggrandizement to the detriment of Nigeria . It is the 'Nigerian' way and we must put an end to it by not casting our votes for those who only know how to use supreme executive powers to enrich friends, family, endorsers, and political associates.The less said about IBB and Atiku the better. Gusau and Saraki do not really stand a chance IMO. Buhari , to me , is probably an older and wiser Ribadu but does he have the cross-sectional appeal of Ribadu?
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by mbulela: 5:10pm On Oct 08, 2010
bawomolo:

after an attack of this magnitude.

in a civilized world, resignations would be flying left and right.

in china and saudi-arabia, heads would be hung left and right.

in nigeria, rumours and legends would be flying left and right.

blessed is the womb that bore you.
this is the tragedy of our country.
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by mbulela: 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2010
Gbawe:

Netotse, I read the interview and I think your conclusion , along with those of some on NVS, is wrong . The Interview may not be brilliant , because it is impromptu, but it will actually endear Ribadu to Nigerians because the former EFCC boss spoke honestly , passionately and intelligently on many issues . I have always found NVS to be a sanctimonious forum full of pompous charlatans , with an overblown and deluded appraisal of their own intellect  . Many on NVS are actually dense because their thinking is clouded by a clamour for unrealistic idealism. Nairaland is actually a better and more honest mix of Nigerians. This is why I post here and nowhere else. Ribadu may not be an economic guru like Utomi but an economic guru is not what Nigeria needs right now. Nigeria needs a leader who has the good qualities of  OBJ plus the sincerity and the integrity to eschew cynical self-enrichment that our former President did not have.

Ribadu is the only sane choice and those who are undecided should hear me out impartially.

Ribadu is an OBJ with sincerity. We all know that OBJ is brave, singleminded, detribalised, determined , energetic(rumoured to work almost 24 hours) and capable of inspiring others. OBJ is no economist but he showed good leadership when he meritocratically assembled technocrats and supported them to deliver results for Nigeria. Where OBJ falls short is his corrupt nature and desire for personal aggrandizement.  The NIPP, TRANSCORP, sale of refineries are a few example of good initiative hijacked by the greed and lack of enduring integrity of OBJ. Iyabo Obasanjo got NIPP contracts when she knows Nada about power generation!!!!

Now, let us imagine what Ribadu brings to the table that is pertinent to Nigeria of today. Ribadu will be everything OBJ is but without the greed , corruption and primitive lust for self-enrichment. This is a man who took $15 million bribe to the CBN as evidence of graft  shocked shocked We all know that , like OBJ, Ribadu is tough, resolute, energetic and highly driven. Ribadu will encourage the best technocratic hands to transform Nigeria and , unlike OBJ, he will not hijack their initiative to enrich himself and his cronies as OBJ did many, many times. I know , for example, that the NIPP scheme would have been a success under Ribadu. Someone (and I might actually join up to do it) should tell those shortsighted observers on NVS that Nigeria , right now, simply needs a President who is brave, has integrity, will fight corruption vigorously and enable many  highly talented technocrats to deliver for Nigeria.

Let the noisemakers at NVF also make sure to tell us when other presidential candidates refuse to grant them an interview . The stonewalling and lack of interviews I am predicting NVS will experience with other candidates , with a realistic chance of becoming President , will only highlight how Ribadu , even if he makes mistakes, is always available to dialogue with Nigerians as a mark of an individual who wants to serve genuinely. Can this be said of IBB, GEJ, Atiku et al? Ribadu will make mistakes but will emerge from them stronger. Dreamers can back the likes of Utomi , who can design impressive economic growth spreadsheets, but those who are really aware of what Nigeria need will understand that we want an OBJ who is sincere . We want an OBJ who , through sheer strenght of character, can support other good leaders and their good initiatives without then turning around to use said initiative as a 'get rich quick' scheme. Ribadu is far out there as the best choice candidate who has OBJ's good qualities without our former President's flaws.

my brother, i see your point but i am still not impressed with that interview.
the fact that GEJ et al are bad does not mean that we need to gloss over the fact that Nuhu seems ill prepared.
GEJ is no bench mark as in sane societies, men like him would not aspire for anything beyond a local government chairman.
the fact that this country has to stumble through his uncoordinated,inept and corrupt presidency is one of the greatest tragedies of our time.
I would vote in this election and had considered voting for Nuhu but after reading that interview, i am perplexed.
while you say Nuhu has the good qualities of OBJ, what about the bad qualities of Nuhu.
I do not doubt his courage but he seems ill prepared for this journey.
he has not been able to win me over his comments so far.
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 08, 2010
mbulela:

the fact that GEJ et al are bad does not mean that we need to gloss over the fact that Nuhu seems ill prepared.
GEJ is no bench mark as in sane societies, men like him would not aspire for anything beyond a local government chairman. DOG CATCHER
the fact that this country has to stumble through his uncoordinated,inept and corrupt presidency is one of the greatest tragedies of our time.
I would vote in this election and had considered voting for Nuhu but after reading that interview, i am perplexed.
while you say Nuhu has the good qualities of OBJ, what about the bad qualities of Nuhu.
I do not doubt his courage but he seems ill prepared for this journey.
he has not been able to win me over his comments so far.
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Faeb: 5:36pm On Oct 08, 2010
Gbawe:

Nairalanders, judge for yourself. It is election season and we must all be aware of the modus operandi of News agencies who deliberately misrepresent certain candidate to benefit their sponsors and paymasters.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/nvs/candidate-interviews-2-mallam-nuhu-ribadu-on-security.html

I don't see how any of the bits you highlighted makes it any less embarrassing. The 5,000 police claim was a very poor exageration to make. Ribadu is going to be explaining and re-explaining it for a very long time.

That, though is not his only careless statement. I watched an interview where he really fidgetted when asked about how he could convict someone, declare that person to be Nigeria's most corrupt (Bola Tinubu). . . Only to turn round and accept that person as his political sponsor. Ribadu's reply was that he didn't care who sponsored him or were the money was coming from. shocked
As I say, I like Ribadu, but he just isn't ready. He will only keep shoving his foot in his mouth until the elections come and go and it is too late. I'll advise he gets a sit in the senate for 4 years at least to get a grooming, because public life is totally different from the command culture he is used to.
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by 9ijaMan: 5:56pm On Oct 08, 2010
Gbawe:

Okay my brother . I get your drift. In any case, you are a highly gracious individual. I can appreciate that. I will never tell you that Ribadu is the complete item or that we do not have better leaders than him in Nigeria. I just think that for now , and considering those who are contesting, he is the best candidate with a realistic chance of deposing the PDP , and moving us on the path of sustainable progress,  if he gets the support he needs. Like I said before, Ribadu is like an OBJ without the lack of sincerity and crass materialism. That is the leader Nigeria needs for now. With GEJ we would simply gain a President who would convene good initiatives , like the NIPP scheme, only for those who 'helped' him win to cynically hijack good intentions for self-aggrandizement to the detriment of Nigeria . It is the 'Nigerian' way and we must put an end to it by not casting our votes for those who only know how to use supreme executive powers to enrich friends, family, endorsers, and political associates.The less said about IBB and Atiku the better. Gusau and Saraki do not really stand a chance IMO. Buhari , to me , is probably an older and wiser Ribadu but does he have the cross-sectional appeal of Ribadu?

@Gbawe,
Ribadu doesn't even have the support of his base, the North. Most of the qualities you described to support Ribadu, in my humbled opinion, in addition to so many other qualities wil be found in the person of BUHARI.

Buhari held several positions and still came out unscathed. He was petroleum minister under OBJ, Head of state, and head of PTF under Abacha, yet placing Ribadu side by side with Buhari is like comparing a toddler to a full grown adult. Despite all these years of service in the part of Buhari, he's still upright.

BEAF/FAEB, I would expect you to comment, but do not forget that your GEJ has also spoken well of Buhari's qualities. Give it a good thought b4 you post.
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Faeb: 6:03pm On Oct 08, 2010
^
Thank you. Now take your pick;
[size=14pt][list]
[li]54 suitcases of raw cash incident[/li]
[li]$2.8billion NNPC money traced to Buhari's Midland Bank account in London[/li]
[/list][/size]

Which of the above tickle your fancy? Or should I add PTF scams as well?
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Oct 08, 2010
9ijaMan:

@Gbawe,
Ribadu doesn't even have the support of his base, the North. Most of the qualities you described to support Ribadu, in my humbled opinion, in addition to so many other qualities wil be found in the person of BUHARI.

Buhari held several positions and still came out unscathed. He was petroleum minister under OBJ, Head of state, and head of PTF under Abacha, yet placing Ribadu side by side with Buhari is like comparing a toddler to a full grown adult. Despite all these years of service in the part of Buhari, he's still upright.

BEAF/FAEB, I would expect you to comment, but do not forget that your GEJ has also spoken well of Buhari's qualities. Give it a good thought b4 you post.

Thank you!!
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by 9ijaMan: 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2010
Faeb:

^
[size=14pt][list]
[li]$2.8billion NNPC money traced to Buhari's Midland Bank account in London[/li]
[/list][/size]

As if I knew you'd not put in any thought process into your post. Your beloved GEJ even said the 53 suitcases saga was a complete ruse. Abeg give us some link to the $2.8 billion dollar account, instead of ranting like someone who's overspent his time at a beer parlor.
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2010
Faeb:

^
[size=14pt][list]
[/list][/size]

http://allafrica.com/stories/201010070108.html

Terrorism - I Did Not Exonerate MEND -Jonathan

Abuja — President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday said he never exonerated the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) for the October 1 bombings in Abuja, pointing out that what he meant was that fifth columnists should not hide under the cover of MEND to wreak havoc.

Jonathan who spoke through his campaign organisation in a statement issued by the director of media and publicity, Mr. Sully Abu, said rather than look only at MEND, government is aware of statements by some top ranking Nigerians capable of affecting the social harmony in the system.

Abu said some of Jonathan's political opponents should not turn such a national calamity into causes to divert people's attention from serious solutions to such problems or divert the attention of security agencies working on the matter.

He also warned people like Alhaj Kaita, whom the campaign organization claimed boasted to be ready to face the law to explain their position, as such statements could be considered treasonable.

Part of the statement read: "Recent statements by some of our political opponents over the terrorist bombing near Eagle Square in Abuja on October 1 have tended to politicize what is a simple matter of crime and its investigation.

"When President Jonathan, during a visit to the National Hospital to commiserate with victims of the bombing, said the terrorist act should not merely be ascribed to MEND, what he was simply saying was that nobody should use the name of any organization to cover up a heinous crime. He was not absolving MEND or any other group of blame or culpability.

"The first time the President spoke on the bombings was at the ECOWAS parliament in Abuja. There, he had pointed out that a heinous crime had been committed against the country and innocent lives had been lost.

"He thus considered it a gratuitous insult for anyone to claim that it was done by MEND, or had anything to do with the Niger Delta. This is even more, since government was in touch with the leadership of MEND (all of whom had renounced violence), and they all agreed that the organization had nothing to do with the blasts.

"The President sought to put the correct emphasis on the urgent need to get to the bottom of that sordid act of terror and to unearth the perpetrators, because after all, anyone can hide under the umbrella of MEND or any other organization or body for that matter to cover up acts of malfeasance.

"It is high time we did away with the rather lazy approach of explaining away criminal activity by blaming armed robbers or assassins as if such categorization takes away from the severity of the offence.

"Such an approach has somehow affected the investigation of some high profile murders committed in this country in recent memory including the murder of such prominent citizens as the late Dele Giwa, Alfred Rewane, Bola Ige, Marshal Harry and A. K. Dikibo, amongst others.

"With regards to the claims and vituperations of Henry Okah, a member of MEND who was granted pardon under the amnesty programme initiated by former President, late Umaru Yar'Adua, the point is if he has committed a crime and is in anyway linked to the bombing of October 1 he will be brought to justice.

"No amount of obfuscation and diversionary tactics will prevent the full investigation of that crime against our fatherland on October 1.

"For those who insist that there was a rush to judgment on the part of the President on this matter, it bears restating that what he sought to do was to reassure Nigerians that the perpetrators will be found, a process which could be hampered by a rather casual attribution of the violence to MEND.

"As President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, it is his bounden duty to speak out in times of danger in order to reassure the populace of the government's commitment to their safety and wellbeing.

"This is the practice wherever you have a responsible government that is committed to the welfare of its people.

"Our campaign organization stands by the President. The campaign urges him not to be swayed by the loud protestations in certain quarters clearly orchestrated to divert and confuse the real issue: that an act of war was launched against Nigeria on October 1, which claimed the lives of many innocent Nigerians. Its masterminds and perpetrators must be fished out and punished.

"Those promising to make the country ungovernable for President Jonathan, as Alhaji Kaita openly boasted recently must be ready to keep a date with the law.

"We are after all a country governed by laws, and the laws of treason are very clear in this regard.
Relevant Links

* West Africa
   * Nigeria
   * Crime
   * Arms and Armies
   * Conflict

"We were all witnesses to the high wire political mischief played in years gone by, all aimed at achieving effortless regime change.

"We remember how fifth columnists executed searches on the homes of the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo and others, to achieve predetermined ends.
[size=18pt]
"We also recall how, in that epoch, the issue of 53 suitcases was contrived to ease a putsch against Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.
[/size]
"Clearly we are on the march again, and the same characters of yesteryears are the game players once again. But this time, Nigerians can not be fooled.

"Our people remain eternally vigilant, and we call on the security agencies not to hesitate to charge anyone found culpable with the relevant laws of the land," the statement added.

see as your master is showing you up as a liar  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

you guys beat me to it angry angry
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On Oct 08, 2010
wow !!!
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Faeb: 6:30pm On Oct 08, 2010
[size=14pt]Shagari’s regime (1979-1983), incurred Buhari’s wrath when it decided to investigate the US$2.8 billion that disappeared from the Midland Bank, London account of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, (NNPC), during General Obasanjo’s era as military head of state that preceded Shagari’s. Dr. Olusola Saraki, Turaki of Ilorin, was the majority party leader of the Senate at the time and he headed the Senate Committee set up to trace the stolen money after some three years of clamour for such an investigation by members of the civil society. The money was traced to the Midland Bank London branch fixed account of Obasanjo’s appointee as military head of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. The Committee’s report was presented to the Senate during the tail end of Shagari’s regime in 1983, so the House decided to deal with the matter and expose the rogue military head of the NNPC soon after the 1983 general elections. [/size]

http://thewillnigeria.com/opinion/4382-ALL-NIGERIAN-COUP-GENERALS-WERE-ROGUES-AND-GENERAL-MUHAMMADU-BUHARI-WAS-EXCEPTION.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Faeb: 6:32pm On Oct 08, 2010
[b][size=14pt]On the 31st  December, 1983, Buhari struck under the cover of the political commotion that trailed the presidential election results. Buhari generally had no agenda for leadership but vendetta against those he called critics and rabble-rousers. Buhari did not see any moral wrong in his conversion of our oil money into his personal use.  Rather he railed at the press and what he described as the self-righteous sections of the country for making a big deal out of the issue. He locked up without trial, politicians and critics including Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, notorious for clamouring for the exposure of the oil money rogue.  Satire saved my neck at the time.  Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter then, was sacked through his prodding as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing money was traced to Buhari’s account at a Midland Bank London branch.  Vera eventually won her case of wrongful dismissal in court against the NTA and was financially compensated.[/size][/b]

http://thewillnigeria.com/opinion/4382-ALL-NIGERIAN-COUP-GENERALS-WERE-ROGUES-AND-GENERAL-MUHAMMADU-BUHARI-WAS-EXCEPTION.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Faeb: 6:34pm On Oct 08, 2010
Buhari’s ‘War Against Indiscipline’ was obviously a swathe to camouflage his moral decadence.  He did not see anything wrong with the over 50 suitcases an Emir smuggled through the Murtala International Airport without routine checks.

Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 08, 2010
who exactly are you laughing at? are you implying what everyone else knows, that your hero is only worthy of being laughed at? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Faeb: 6:38pm On Oct 08, 2010
He almost succeeded in launching his Jihad. The alleged taped sermon of an unnamed pastor at an unidentified church in Adamawa claiming that: “Whether Muslims like it or not, Obasanjo must continue” and that “any Muslim who does not want that, can die or move to Niger” was obviously a blatant forgery. It was very likely to be the handiwork of the ‘Crater of Dikko brigade. For a start, the language of the sermon was too brash to be true, especially coming as it was claimed, from a Christian minority likely to bear the brunt of the consequences of the offensive sermon in a predominantly Muslim state. The Christian minority would have had to be mad to the last man, to call for their own annihilation in such a careless and irresponsible manner.

It is not logical that the Christian cleric would send hundreds of his suicide sermon tapes, not to Christians, but to Muslim clerics and the media around the country. Someone who desperately wanted to kill Nigeria must think we are all morons and I suggest we look for him at the backyard of our current number one Jihadist. Where else to look when Buhari was threatening he must occupy the Presidency whether he won the election or not. We begged him to go to the Electoral Tribunal to settle the matter but he insisted that he would rather clubber us to death, with religion than subject himself to the in indignity of being judged by another man. That is how badly he cares about our welfare and survival.

One is not always sure if he is truly a Nigerian because let’s face it; no true Nigerian would hate Nigeria so much as to threaten her with a Jihad. May be the problem is of a mental nature considering the gutter snipes often credited to the supposed statesman on the Hausa service of the BBC and other foreign media about his fatherland. He seems to love to speak before he thinks. There is something definitely troubling about the mind of this crater genius because it is probably not just Nigerians that he hates but life itself in its totality. In other words, we are probably all trapped in the vicious grip of a cool and calculating sadist. In fact, I am told that no one has ever seen him smile or laugh.

Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Faeb: 6:40pm On Oct 08, 2010
Sam Omatseye, writing about Buhari in the Sun newspaper at the time said: “He (Buhari) uses Sharia to justify his worldview; to justify a certain selfish view of the world that serves his interest at a particular time. He played that card in the presidential election in order to secure a base for himself. But he needed more than his northern base to become president. You must be flexible to pull non-sharia base with you and the man has no flexibility in his bones so when he tries to play the chameleon, he fails. He tries to carry a veneer of a man of principles but falls short when selfish interest is involved.”

Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Faeb: 6:42pm On Oct 08, 2010
Buhari's PTF. grin grin grin grin

[size=14pt]Everybody in Nigeria knew that Abacha was an usurper, and that he was uncontrollably corrupt and was also involved in state sponsored murder, but Buhari who you paint in such glowing colours, still agreed to serve under such a man as the chairman of PTF. As chairman of PTF, he made Salihijo Ahmad's Afriproject the sole consultant for monitoring and assessing the value of contracts. Afriproject consortium was so corrupt that at the inception of  Abdulsalami's regime, fearful of exposure, the sole consultant committed suicide in his office. When the books of PTF were opened, the can of worms was so much that Haruna Adamu said he felt sickened by it. One body determined the contracts to be awarded, the payments to be made and whether the contracts had been satisfied.[/size]

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/guest-articles/of-obasanjo-babangida-buhari-and-misrepresentation.html

Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Faeb: 6:45pm On Oct 08, 2010
Buhari's PTF.  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

[size=14pt]Do you know PTF estate in Wuse? The sweetheart deal that Buhari's PTF made with the contractor was so sweet. Not only would the contractor collect rent from PTF, but after 8 years, the place would be his to own![/size]

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/guest-articles/of-obasanjo-babangida-buhari-and-misrepresentation.html

Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 08, 2010
lets see what the readers of this hatchet job on buhari had to say -

see as beaf continues his downward spiral

th best he can come up with is quotes from a single  article from a former orji uzor kalu love-peddler

Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 08, 2010
beaf please take note -

"It is better not to say anything and thought of as a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubts".

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Faeb: 6:48pm On Oct 08, 2010
All our military heads of state were largely [size=21pt]insensitive, corrupt, almost illiterate, self-appointed tyrants[/size] who seized their stripes of honour (dishonour is probably more appropriate) through coups rather than the rigours of formal training, experience or war.

Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Faeb: 6:51pm On Oct 08, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Buhari's government passed a law to the effect that if you publish anything that even if true was in the opinion of the chief of staff supreme military council, capable of embarrassing any public official, then you had committed a crime. When the nation thought he was joking, [size=14pt]he sent two journalist, and a cartoonist to jail for publishing materials which were TRUE[/size], but which Buhari found uncomplimentary.

Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 08, 2010
see the fellow beaf is quoting cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

http://naiwuosahon.webs.com/

NAIWU OSAHON Hon. Khu Mkuu (Leader, Pan-African Movement world-wide); cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ameer Spiritual (Spiritual Prince) of the African race; cheesy cheesy cheesy
MSc. (Salford); Dip.M.S; G.I.P.M; Dip. I.A (Liv.); D. Inst. M; G. Inst. M; G.I.W.M; A.M.N.I.M.

need we say more cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

keep spamming.

it cannot change the fact that 1 buhari is worth a hundered gejs cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Gbawe: 7:00pm On Oct 08, 2010
mbulela:

To be honest , it is not the best interview Ribadu has given or will ever give. Nonetheless there is still a lot of positives to glean from the interview. Perhaps some folks who had prior issues with Ribadu will use this interview alone to judge him but that would not be fair IMO. We must look at Ribadu's entire career that makes him the most suitable of all those soliciting our votes . We don't need a rocket scientist or an economic guru as our President at this point in time . Let us not pretend as if our Nation is the USA or the UK. we are nowhere near the level of[b] institutional maturity [/b] of those nations and it is totally senseless to dream about the idealistic candidate when , for example , in wartime Britain, Winston Churchill was the man for the job. We need someone who will bring back sanity to leadership in Nigeria with a robust fight against corruption and an ability to protect , rather than hound, the technocratic experts who can move us forward .

It is harsh to judge Ribadu on one interview alone when you can look at his record , as a servant of Nigeria, and stand it side by side with those of others who want to be President next year.

What was Jonathan's record as Deputy Governor and Governor of Bayelsa? What is his record as incumbent President when several failures and many errors of judgement as President already glaringly show how Jonathan is not up to the job?

How about IBB who cannot even go to certain parts of Nigeria to meet the electorate he wants to lead face to face?

Atiku? Pullleeeze !!!! Give me a break!!!

Gusau? Classic AGIP been there done that with no new ideas to offer.

Saraki? The king of patronage politics of 'settling'? Another GEJ who believes in 'carrying everyone along' at Nigeria's expense !!!!

Ribadu is the best candidate for the pragmatic Nigerian IMO. I respect Buhari and would probably vote for him if I thought , all things factored in , he can oust the PDP but we should all do some research into the efforts needed to make Ribadu a winner compared to the many obstacles that must be surmounted to make Buhari President . Folks should also look at how the most progressives Nigerians are behind Ribadu to understand that he has the support of those who will mobilise support for a candidate on ideolgical belief alone.
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Abagworo(m): 7:05pm On Oct 08, 2010
Buhari is without doubt a disciplined man.@beaf,You seem to be a drowning man looking for every possible ways to drag down some people with you.Buhari's war against indiscipline and corruption was so legendary that though a baby then,I am very much aware of it.Buhari remains the best President we may never have.
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by 9ijaMan: 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2010
Gbawe:

Ribadu is the best candidate for the pragmatic Nigerian IMO. I respect Buhari and would probably vote for him if I thought , all things factored in , he can oust the PDP but we should all do some research into the efforts needed to make Ribadu a winner compared to the many obstacles that must be surmounted to make Buhari President . Folks should also look at how the most progressives Nigerians are behind Ribadu to understand that he has the support of those who will mobilise support for a candidate on ideolgical belief alone.

@Gbawe,
Ribadu has a lot more hurdles to cross when compared to Buhari.
[list]
[li]The issue of experience: We are all living witnesses to what the lack of experience of a leader can result into. GEJ is a clear cut example[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Besides EFCC, which other records does Ribadu posses. In terms of records and achievements, Buhari is way ahead of Ribadu.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Ribadu does not have a tenth of the support base Buhari has in the North. Without the vote of the North, Ribadu won't get there. I'll agree Buhari needs votes from the south, all he needs is the southwest and or South east and he'll be home free.
[/li]
[/list]
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Faeb: 7:31pm On Oct 08, 2010
Abagworo:

Buhari is without doubt a disciplined man.@beaf,You seem to be a drowning man looking for every possible ways to drag down some people with you.Buhari's war against indiscipline and corruption was so legendary that though a baby then,I am very much aware of it.Buhari remains the best President we may never have.

The explains a lot. cool
Is his war against indiscipline a defence against a senate commitees tracing of an eye-popping, jawdropping, Eathquaking [size=14pt]$2.8billa[/size] to his Midland Bank account in London?
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by 9ijaMan: 7:53pm On Oct 08, 2010
Faeb:

The explains a lot. cool
Is his war against indiscipline a defence against a senate commitees tracing of an eye-popping, jawdropping, Eathquaking [size=14pt]$2.8billa[/size] to his Midland Bank account in London?

I kind of like you better as Beaf than Faeb. Beaf though behave like a toddler, he gets some real sense knocked into him. Faeb is just incorrigible. Show us bank statements and tell us where Midland bank is. Mind you, stop peddling rumors from half baked reporters like the one in thewill!
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Faeb: 8:01pm On Oct 08, 2010
9ijaMan:

I kind of like you better as Beaf than Faeb. Beaf though behave like a toddler, he gets some real sense knocked into him. Faeb is just incorrigible. Show us bank statements and tell us where Midland bank is. Mind you, stop peddling rumors from half baked reporters like the one in thewill!

So funny!
Nothing is easier for an "avid" researcher like yourself to do than, step back from the kai kai, wave iya Basira bye bye, then walk out the beer palour door for good; o yes! When knowledge calls!
Please, make me believe the above isn't a jaded dream, actually get off your arse and look for the senate commitees documents. Even better, check if you can in any way deny this celebrated court case;

era Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter then, was sacked through his prodding as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing money was traced to Buhari’s account at a Midland Bank London branch.  Vera eventually won her case of wrongful dismissal in court against the NTA and was financially compensated.

One day is one day, unu go take laf wound pesin for dis NL! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2010
Faeb:

The explains a lot. cool
Beaf, it is very shameful that you are peddling such propaganda against Buhari. You continue to clone yourself or rather mask as your boss who is also a member of MEND. If not, how would he know minutes after the bombings that MEND was not responsible. Who bombed Jonathan's house in Bayelsa? The bombs have been following him from day 1.

[size=15pt]Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Azikiwe[/size] [size=15pt]| Awolowo Belewa[/size] soon to be appended = [size=15pt]Inconsistency incorporated![/size]
Re: Gej, You Can Still Redeem Yourself by mbulela: 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2010
buhari get 2.8 billion Kobo (not to talk of naira or pounds) anmd him life dey like this?
i beg find another story.that one is dead on arrival.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Killer Beans In South West Market By Boko Haram. / All Gej Has Achieved Is Fill The Pockets Of His Beafs With Blood Money / S'east PDP Pushes Nnamani, Nwodo For Bot Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.