Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,872 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Pastor Poju Oyemade Reacts To Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Poju Oyemade Reacts To Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation (41734 Views)

Pastor Poju Oyemade Deletes His Tweets After He was Attacked On Twitter / My Article Not Directed At Oyedepo - Poju Oyemade / Coronavirus: Pastor Poju Oyemade's 2019 Prophecy Of An Unstoppable Plague (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Reacts To Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation by kokoA(m): 7:50pm On Jul 01, 2019
thesicilian:
So you mean to tell me that you didn't even hear the full story from one of the parties involved, not to talk of both parties, before you started making calls and calling for the pastor to step aside? That is disappointing coming from a supposed Man of God.

One thing I've noticed so far: Those who are truly open minded about the whole issue, those who do not want to support either party until they get the full story, have decided to remain quiet either for fear of media backlash and possible accusations of their own, or simply because they do not want to get involved.
Did you even read the post?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Reacts To Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation by XTHRONE(m): 7:52pm On Jul 01, 2019
MarieSucre:

So because we all have sinned then let us not cast stones.

If I hear you say peem about SARS or corrupt politicians here on nairaland, I will quote this verse for you, after all you should not cast stones at them either.

Those ones are criminals already, and need flushing sadly the govt ain't doing shit about it.so we got no choice but to roll with them.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Reacts To Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation by XTHRONE(m): 7:54pm On Jul 01, 2019
KanuSE:

Spare me that BS please.

Yes Ma...

Are you happy now.

That's why jungle justice will never stop, because people are so quick in passing judgement on others while them selves they are saints.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Reacts To Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation by Henrichemeka(m): 9:03pm On Jul 01, 2019
MarieSucre:

Did you also say this when people were accusing SARS for harassing people or when people were calling out politicians or this your hypocrisy is only used to cover pastors.

Nigerian Christianity na scam.
My brother, don't judge so that you won't be judged. Who is telling the truth in this issue? Why is this coming out now? And why are people condemning this man, has he been taken to court? Prosecuted and Convicted? Why is it that people tend to judge and condemn others so fast? If this man raped you 20 years ago and you could not talk then, now that you want to talk, why not make entry to police station and charge him to court for rape? Please answer these questions.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Reacts To Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation by iomoge2(f): 10:21pm On Jul 01, 2019
thesicilian:
So you mean to tell me that you didn't even hear the full story from one of the parties involved, not to talk of both parties, before you started making calls and calling for the pastor to step aside? That is disappointing coming from a supposed Man of God.

One thing I've noticed so far: Those who are truly open minded about the whole issue, those who do not want to support either party until they get the full story, have decided to remain quiet either for fear of media backlash and possible accusations of their own, or simply because they do not want to get involved.
. It’s when justice is to be served that they will hear from both sides. For now, the right thing to do is what was done. After they seek judgment they will know if he will return to the pulpit or not
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Reacts To Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation by ericmor: 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2019
Sensiblerealist:
Hey bro, if I were you , I would edit this post re-present my thoughts differently. I reason you only being sincere and straightforward but out sincerity can at times be a misnomer.
If you have had it with a girl below the age of consent, it's still not right in the eyes of the law not minding the parameters as you spelt out. The internet never forgets and we never can tell what can be used against us in the sometimes of tomorrow.
One love

Got u bro, but the problem with the other guy quoting me is that he did not even know the age of the girl and didn’t even know my age as at then either, just jump to conclusion bcs he saw secondary school. Some people just wanna type sha and act like they know it all of which they know nothing. Thanks and one love
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Reacts To Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation by romeorailss: 11:04pm On Jul 01, 2019
TruthinAction:

Just my thought. It's a biased decision for a Pastor of his status. When you here that kind of news, it is safer to start from the view point that it can't be true until evidences proves otherwise. You don't judge a case just by hearing only one party involved.

U guys are funny . U think as close as this pastor is to Fatoyinbo. In their circle , they wouldn't have discussed one or two things ?

U need to know that these pastors have a circle a close one and they would have discussed this at length . Let me tell u . Those in this inner circle know the truth. He can't lie to them and if he does they will smell it . He seems culpable from all indications angry

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Reacts To Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation by babeosisi: 1:25am On Jul 02, 2019
notymforluv:

Popular Lagos pastor and head of Covenant Christian Center, Poju Oyemade, has reacted to the rape allegation levelled against clergyman and COZA pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo.

In a statement he posted on Instagram, Oyemade said he found it hard to watch the video where wife of singer, Timi Dakolo, Busola, accused Fatoyinbo of raping her.he pastor sympathised with anyone who must have been raped while in church. Read his statement below;

My position on the case.
I have been asked by many well meaning people about my position concerning the accusation of rape made against Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo.

I could only watch the tape by Busola Dakolo for a few minutes, it was difficult to sit through it. From what I heard it is impossible not to be heart broken and sympathise with her. She must have gone through a lot and then to sit to tape her experience must have been very painful.

She is today a wife and mother of three to have to relive a 20yr old experience.

I immediately contacted the spiritual leader in the Body of Christ I believe Pastor Biodun deferrs in authority to, to wade into the issue and bring about a decision.
He informed me his position. It was that Pst Biodun should first step down from the pulpit indefinitely, suspend 7days of glory and make a public statement. These he made known to him directly in an hour.
This should serve as the first step. He informed me that was the position and asked my opinion.

We had 3 objectives in mind.
1. Justice
2. Healing
3. Redemption.

I have been informed that the decision to step down and cancel the 7 days of Glory have been made.
It is apparent that the manner in which our Pentecostal Churches were/are born with an individual receiving a call directly from God and we all operating largely as independent bodies, our governing structures are not as strong as in the orthodox church settings with the exemption of Pentecostal denominations where you are appointed a pastor and can be easily sanctioned.
This however makes it imperative that we go an extra mile to show a high level of compassion and sense of responsibility for people placed under our care or else what has brought our great growth may be what will destroy us.

For those who have been abused and exposed in our independent pentecostal structures, I deeply apologise and we will seek to build stronger structures through peer reviews and in our relationships.
Thank you and God bless you.

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/07/pastor-poju-oyemade-reacts-to-biodun.html?m=1

This is how a man should speak

1 Like

Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Reacts To Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation by lazarusokafor90(m): 11:51am On Jul 02, 2019
NOL2dworld:
What a patient God..

He will just sit and watch the whole thing.

He is so merciful but his judgment will still come upon those that deserves it.
Me I no like this patient God o. I love the God of the old testament.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Reacts To Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation by laudate: 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2019
Sensiblerealist:
As much as I love Pastor Poju's submission and the efforts he said has made this far, something ticks me off with his use of some sort of undertones of an acceptance of guilt. This is premised on the fact that this is presently a subject of heated discourse across the various media, so any perception one holds can easily be misconstrued or manipulated especially as they are said to be close in the ministry and outside of it.
What we cannot dispute is if he has more knowledge of whatever had happened and he is just being diplomatic, but if that is not the case, then I'm totally uncomfortable with his positing , especially the last paragraph.
What some of us want is just for the truth to be established without bowing to the risks of sentimental alignment to either party.
May God bless his church. AMEN
Please take it easy. How are you sure that Pst Poju did not have a private conversation with him, and he confessed to the act in secret?

Maybe that was what led Pst Poju to involve Fatoyinbo's mentors. And those mentors may have conducted their private Investigations and prayed for God to reveal the truth, before recommending that he should step down. shocked

Don't forget that Pst Poju and PB were friends, before now. Many people would have asked him to take a stand on the matter. And that is what he has done. sad

The story has reached public domain courtesy of Busola's video. So any subsequent actions taken, must also be done publicly.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Reacts To Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation by Sensiblerealist: 11:50pm On Jul 02, 2019
I understand you better now. I think the guy would also pick a thing or two

ericmor:

Got u bro, but the problem with the other guy quoting me is that he did not even know the age of the girl and didn’t even know my age as at then either, just jump to conclusion bcs he saw secondary school. Some people just wanna type sha and act like they know it all of which they know nothing. Thanks and one love
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Reacts To Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation by Sensiblerealist: 11:57pm On Jul 02, 2019
I get your point, but I've clearly spelt out my stand on the premise of him having clearer details that we, on the outside might not.
We will still be waiting for the truth to come to bare

laudate:

Please take it easy. How are you sure that Pst Poju did not have a private conversation with him, and he confessed to the act in secret?

Maybe that was what led Pst Poju to involve Fatoyinbo's mentors. And those mentors may have conducted their private Investigations and prayed for God to reveal the truth, before recommending that he should step down. shocked

Don't forget that Pst Poju and PB were friends, before now. Many people would have asked him to take a stand on the matter. And that is what he has done. sad

The story has reached public domain courtesy of Busola's video. So any subsequent actions taken, must also be done publicly.
Re: Pastor Poju Oyemade Reacts To Biodun Fatoyinbo's Rape Allegation by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2019
ericmor:

That is what you are, and mind what you say so you won’t end up in jail for wrong accusation like some people. Just an advice. Anyway, I know people like u only hide behind your phone and laptop to talk anyhow. Bcs u are a rapist doesn’t make others the same. That is why people like your leaders keep sleeping with under age and marrying them and they are not rapist or paedophile.

Age of consent? Wat is consent?

"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent" (Acts 17:30).

For better understanding, check the thread below.

https://www.nairaland.com/1797429/priceless-vase#79905249

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Grandfather Was A Native Doctor: Is The Generational Curse Phenomenon True? / Daddy Freeze: To Be Like Dangote, Bill Gates Stop Listening To Oyedepo & Adeboye / Meet Pastor Joshua Momodu: "A Witch Visited My House As Bat" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.