Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,841 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Jungle Justice On Social Media? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Jungle Justice On Social Media? (289 Views)

Jungle Justice My Experience In Owerri / Jungle Justice: Abuja Based Ladies Accused Of Theft Str!pped Unclad In Market(pi / Inside Anambra Jungle Where Female, Male Sex Workers Battle For Clients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jungle Justice On Social Media? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 01, 2019
If you understand or have witnessed how jungle justice works in our society, you can then begin to rethink how hypocritical, heartless and nonchalant our neighbours, friends and families can be. I shouldn’t have to bore you with the many stories of people who have fallen victim of jungle justice when either they are entirely innocent or death, being the end product of a mob attack, is not a proportional justice to their offences.

I have witness with utter disdain, the crucifixion of Biodun Fatoyinbo on all social media platform accessible to Nigerians. They have maligned, battered and nailed his image, career and social status forever. Before I proceed, I wish to state here and unequivocally that I condemn rape, its apologists and any creature associated to it. However, while the recent turnout of events this may be a win against rape as many would like to see it, it is definitely a sad, retrogressive movement on the principle of fair hearing and equality.

If a man, just like you and I, has been alleged of rape, it behooves on a right thinking person, or someone close, to take a deep breathe and a second of thought for a rethink before leaping. This doesn’t opine doubting the victim one bit, it simply is what it is – putting common sense before emotions. If however, you have placed emotions above logic and common sense, then, same reason explains the jungle justice that got your friend, neighbor and loved ones mutilated, abused, maimed and of course, a cumulative result of it all – death. You don’t have worry if you’re yet to experience any of these things, if you still share this country with these lots, the pendulum is sure to swing towards you.

If you still don’t get it, I’ll help again. That a pastor wears Gucci and expensive dresses, looks well kept and attractive is not an evidence of rape. If you’ve waited this long to vilify him for those reasons, you could have waited a bit longer when this allegation is verified and skin him alive afterwards. Or can we now say SARS harassment is justified when you rock dread, tattoo and taint your hair and so on? Then, you all request an end to SARS worse than SARS is giving you.

It saddened my heart more to have seen educated ignorami in parade themselves in a rather uncivilized manner, harassing and inciting innocent COZA members because they don’t subscribe to their belief. I wish to point out their stupidity in one second. The same exact way they trooped out after Bukola appealed to their emotions is the exact way COZA members trooped to church in solidarity for their pastor. It’s funny how many of them don’t even know provocation is admissible in court. If not for diplomacy – and a Behind church that it is – not so many of the would return home the exacted way they visited the scene.

I’m particularly surprised about one Deji Adeyanju, a murder suspect since his university days who just got released from cell some weeks ago after cooling his heels in detention, and the hypocrisy of Nigerians. Could his own sins have been pardoned because he was an active critic of president Buhari’s administration or is it just that Nigerians are selective on who to sentence or exonerated? Of course, they are the same set of hypocrites who would only wage war against the government online for declaring IPOB a terrorist organization but not Fulani herdsmen.

Careful! It’s Fatoyinbo today. It could be you tomorrow. Don’t doubt a rape victim but don’t lose your head to what you can’t verify. Now that Fatoyinbo’s career is over, who’s next?

1 Like

Re: Jungle Justice On Social Media? by mezarddinny: 9:15pm On Jul 01, 2019
because it is a socialite pastor that is been accused, it is jungle justice but if it was an instagram slay queen exposing her breasts being called an olosho or ashawo then it is cool and funny? if it was a lady that talked about her sex lif being labelled a useless woman and a sex object, it is rational and accepted?

I don't understand why you all are angry at fatoyinbo being persecuted on social media, this thing has always happened, media trial is probably as old as judicial trial or even older. In every other country, even the most civilised, celebrities who have been accused of rape and other crimes multiple times get persecuted on the Internet just for the simple fact that when something becomes to much, people tend to believe it

I won't call him guilty yet but pastor fatoyinbo has always been viewed as a not so godly pastor by many christians, his dressing(wearing expensive designer clothes that are usually seen on music movies and sports stars), celebrating his birthday in burj khalifa(even when most of his members can't afford to travel outside the country) and inviting comedians and all sorts of people to host his events have put him in the public eye. I can boldly say it that if it were pastors like oyedepo, kumuyi, lazarus muoka, adeboye and olukoya that were accused, this online persecution wouldn't have been this much because these pastors are respected in the nigerian society of christians, even muslims respect them. also, when 3 or more people accuse you of same thing then something must be fishy, fatoyinbo might not be a rapist but he might enjoy talking about sex in private or he might enjoy making remarks about the bodies and sexiness of his female members

the bottomline is always appear courteous and responsible so that on the day you will be accused of something you are innocent of, you will have many people to defend you and come to your aid

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Become A Visa Agent & Earn More Than N500,000 Monthly / U / Ads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.