Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,621 members, 7,955,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:24 PM

Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements (27923 Views)

Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen / FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by slowbreeze(f): 8:49am On Jul 04, 2019
ROTFL....Hahaha..Rantings of pained people.They were not expecting such response from Nigerians.They will still go ahead and repackage with another cattle policy...Ndi ala.

5 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by somehow: 8:49am On Jul 04, 2019
GoTV:
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, i think we Christians cum southerners has overblown the good intentions of president Buhari on this issue of Ruga settlement. We complain of how Fulani herdsmen are destroying our farms and killing people without facts, yet we we reject a program meant to isolate cattle herders in a confined location nationwide. Before we blab further, let us remember that the Fulanis are Nigerians like us and the Nigerian constitution guarantees them freedom of movement and doing business nationwide. If an igbo man can have multiple shops in Ladipo, Alaba, kano and other places, why can't we live peacefully with the Fulanis like we tolerated the igbos who are the most traveled tribe in Nigeria I hope we Christians have a rethink about this so we can have lasting peace sad

akdjr:
Why will they need it when the RUGA will prohibit them from rooming around. A project that would have help put a check to who operate cattle farming in Nigeria yet many don't want it. Very soon cattle will be going house to house to eat.

Thank you.

This plan would have isolated them away from the rest of the citizens, but the southern press/media/leaders sold lies to the populace.

I believe alot in the south and some in the north profit from these crisis, they know once herdsmen are no longer in the picture, they won't have things to hide behind again for their crimes/ethnic bias and manipulations.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by Drshobz(m): 8:50am On Jul 04, 2019
GoTV:
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, i think we Christians cum southerners has overblown the good intentions of president Buhari on this issue of Ruga settlement. We complain of how Fulani herdsmen are destroying our farms and killing people without facts, yet we we reject a program meant to isolate cattle herders in a confined location nationwide. Before we blab further, let us remember that the Fulanis are Nigerians like us and the Nigerian constitution guarantees them freedom of movement and doing business nationwide. If an igbo man can have multiple shops in Ladipo, Alaba, kano and other places, why can't we live peacefully with the Fulanis like we tolerated the igbos who are the most traveled tribe in Nigeria I hope we Christians have a rethink about this so we can have lasting peace sad

bloody Islamic extremist like you

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by greypencils: 8:50am On Jul 04, 2019
GoTV:
Dont be unfortunate this morning. Are you blind to the type of violence this Fulani herdsmen portends? Have you forgotten all those pictures of women and children killed in Benue? Do you know there hasn't been a single arrest or conviction of the perpetrators of these heinous acts? And you think this is NOT a script acted out to grab that land that belongs to you? Oga you are wrong. RUGA is a postponement of the violence that will follow. This time around it will be at the doorstep of our children if RUGA is allowed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by emptor(m): 8:52am On Jul 04, 2019
GoTV:
a man who shares the same bed with the devil does not sleep, seeing their atrocities nation wide and you still ask to share the same bed with them.MY BROTHER SUFFER NOT A WITCH TO LIVE

5 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:54am On Jul 04, 2019
jlinkd78:
Who really RUGA help. Sometimes I just wonder whom Buhari is working for cos even d supposed beneficiaries, d Fulani Herdsmen have distanced themselves from d project
thesicilian:
When a child demands for something and doesn't get it, he'll turn around and say he doesn't even need it self. If you didn't need it why we're you asking for it in the first place?
ShitHead:
This is nothing but a cheap publicity from the animal kingdom.

They said that to make it appear as if the President had a mind of his own and was acting independent of them.

It is still a victory for Nigerian people.

What you guys fail to realise is how difficult it is to accept change even when it is the best option. These fulani people do not want anyone to change their nomadic ways. The like roaming free, occasionally feeding on people's farm products and causing havoc. You guys don't realise that the main power of the fulani is in the fact that they don't even have a home address. Such a man is a dangerous man.
They don't want anyone to confine them to a particular spot. The come and kill you in your community but you can't go and kill them in numbers because all of Nigeria is their community.

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by karma2000: 8:55am On Jul 04, 2019
Bad business.for karma

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by densiks: 8:55am On Jul 04, 2019
GoTV:

You’re not well informed based on the position you’re putting forward here.
Gather necessary facts by reading a bit more, government does not pay for the shops igbos are using in Kano to do their trade,in fact the igbos pay tax to help develop those places while they carry out their trade and there are no igbos coming in from Mali,Niger and other places with AK 47’s.
Stop disgracing fellow Christians who deserve justice over the rape of their women,destruction of their farm lands and mindless killings perpetrated by this same group of people that government claim are foreigners.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by AntiBalaka: 8:55am On Jul 04, 2019
distributeinc:

I doubt your Christian claim...do Iboes fight their hosts/landlords, encroach into lands violently...you missed the issues.

He is LARPing hard this morning.

His role play is as weak as a taqiyya from shekau himself.

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by emptor(m): 8:56am On Jul 04, 2019
fyneguy:

They are actually honest. they never wanted RUGA.
because it will put them in check and the blood thirsty ones will no longer be free to kill at will

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by Omoslim26: 9:00am On Jul 04, 2019
CotenantNIG:
why don't we just restructure and every one should bear his or her father's name

cost of rent around Nigeria

d problem wit Nigeria is d extreem disunity amongst ourselves anybody dat takes a critical look at Nigeria wil b ashamed to call it a Country ask dem to stand together wit one voice nd call for d restructuring of dis failed union they must surely find a way to bring tribal bigotery into d centre dats y it wil b very hard for Nigeria to b better tribalism nd hate has eaten deep into d system expectially amomg d common man u see display of stupidity here on nairaland wit dis immature children doing AFONJA, NYAMIRI upandan
i go start to swear for anybody wey do any yeye afonja,nyamiri.flat head or cone head for dis forum ur score for dis post na
87/100
Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 04, 2019
jlinkd78:
Who really RUGA help. Sometimes I just wonder whom Buhari is working for cos even d supposed beneficiaries, d Fulani Herdsmen have distanced themselves from d project
They are lying. The constitution doesn't permit them. If we kept quiet they would have gone ahead. Till now, no discernible progress on any of the major indices of development. The only thing is cows, herdsmen giving press conference, claiming killings, threatening violence, misuse of government power, privilege and money. WE WILL SEE THE END OF THIS, THEY WILL NOT SEE THE END OF NIGERIA, IN JESUS NAME!

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by 9jaunite: 9:01am On Jul 04, 2019
GoTV:
Really grin Ewu.. For your mind who you think say you dey deceive grin The ruga matter still dey pain you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by Bluffly: 9:02am On Jul 04, 2019
Nonsense talk. Why did you people not make this comment before the suspension? You think we are all fools ba?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by philip0906(m): 9:06am On Jul 04, 2019
GoTV:

Do igbos sell land to non indigenes in the east? Can igbos sell land to Yoruba or Fulanis? Why can't igbos appreciate the kind gesture of other Nigerians and reciprocate the good deeds towards them? There are so many igbos in lagos using free land and even owing years of rent without troubles from their hosts but when it comes to Fulanis, you people cry wolf where there is none
The igbo man does not go around with Ak 47 in his host community, so they're not considered a threat. Why should I rent my property or sell it to a gun wielding buyer who's not in the armed force?

So many igbos owing rent without troubles?Whatever that means, At least it is still a debt they'll pay. Your herdsmen do not want to pay for anything. They only want to roam around with cattle, eat free grass, invade farms, fight their host community with their weapons and sell their cattle for a profit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by EdenH: 9:07am On Jul 04, 2019
GoTV:
Ewu hausa. Till they rape and kill ur sisters and mother, then ur sense will be back. Monkey

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by Omoslim26: 9:11am On Jul 04, 2019
akdjr:
Why will they need it when the RUGA will prohibit them from rooming around. A project that would have help put a check to who operate cattle farming in Nigeria yet many don't want it. Very soon cattle will be going house to house to eat.

oga d only tin giving dis mofos mouth expecially in se nd ss is d fact dat their uncle is d president once we manage to scale pass d horific regime we go show dem sey cameroon pepper different from red pepper make dem stil dey flex muscles e remain 4yrs
pikin wey say him sabi die him papa go tel am se him too sabi bury wel wel

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by AntiBalaka: 9:11am On Jul 04, 2019
Omoslim26:

d problem wit Nigeria is d extreem disunity amongst ourselves anybody dat takes a critical look at Nigeria wil b ashamed to call it a Country ask dem to stand together wit one voice nd call for d restructuring of dis failed union they must surely find a way to bring tribal bigotery into d centre dats y it wil b very hard for Nigeria to b better tribalism nd hate has eaten deep into d system expectially amomg d common man u see display of stupidity here on nairaland wit dis immature children doing AFONJA, NYAMIRI upandan
i go start to swear for anybody wey do any yeye afonja,nyamiri.flat head or cone head for dis forum ur score for dis post na
87/100

You must understand that Nigeria is an ongoing multicultural experiment.

The powers that be who want to foist a one world govt have maintained this prison as a guinea pig into their multicultural agenda.

Africa has always been the guinea pig of the NWO.

They tested the economic and political model of both the EU common currency and political frame work in Africa With the ecowas and cedeco currency.

Drug companies routinely use Africa as a test ground for drugs and vaccines.

They even tested their bio weapons here with HIV, lassa and Ebola - viruses that have been patented by the US DoD.

We are not one and can never be one!

If we can condemn the colonial borders of not respecting differences which where drawn up purely for financial and imperial exigencies, then why do we still stubbornly cling to it in the 21st century?

Greed, envy and jealousy is why all opponents of Nigeria's dissolution have.

There is no national bond as Nigeria as a whole is not a nation so nationalism can never spring up.

Nationalism, on the other hand stands in the way of internationalism which is being pushed by the Jew rats.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by TruthinAction: 9:12am On Jul 04, 2019
Calculating:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/todaypoliticsng.com/we-dont-need-it-herdsmen-hail-suspension-of-ruga-settlements/amp/

The southern governors should just send people for training abroad to learn how to manage cattle ranches. Let's see who will patronize this idiot Foolanis. Is selling cow meat exclusively for them?

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 04, 2019
AntiBalaka:
[s][/s]

Jesuslovesyou, your taqiyya of fronting as a Christian is getting watery and weaker by the post.

It's actually true the Constitution allows every Nigerian to live anywhere.If the eastners can be seen in every small village in the north doing biz peacefully and this is because the northern people have a warm heart.Most times those who hate cows have pork as their best meat
Can someone tell me the meaning of SHEPHERD in the Bible.
Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by AntiBalaka: 9:17am On Jul 04, 2019
danjumakolo:

It's actually true the Constitution allows every Nigerian to live anywhere.If the eastners can be seen in every small village in the north doing biz peacefully and this is because the northern people have a warm.Most times those who hate cows have pork as their best meat
Can someone tell me the meaning of SHEPHERD in the Bible.

Same constitution recognises indigeneship.

Ruga is a policy that wants to implant a population into the midst of another.

Use brain.

An Igbo in Lagos knows his boundaries.

For all Joe igbokwe's foolishness, he knows he is not and can never be a Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by Ovimoto(m): 9:20am On Jul 04, 2019
The facilities should be provided by who, by who's money and what do you as an association ever do for yourselves. These guys want taxpayer's money and oil money to fund their business mean while dey don't contribute to any.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by Omoslim26: 9:23am On Jul 04, 2019
GoTV:

Do igbos sell land to non indigenes in the east? Can igbos sell land to Yoruba or Fulanis? Why can't igbos appreciate the kind gesture of other Nigerians and reciprocate the good deeds towards them? There are so many igbos in lagos using free land and even owing years of rent without troubles from their hosts but when it comes to Fulanis, you people cry wolf where there is none
oga stop sounding symphatetic to dis bloody demons nd who told u igbos dont sell lands to people wen i was in aba ngwa i was working wit a yoruba man dat bought land nd operates a printing press ur score for dis post na
12/100

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by OfoIgbo: 9:26am On Jul 04, 2019
jlinkd78:

Why didn't they turn down the offer, while the RUGA fire was raging. Why did they only turn it down, when it had already been suspended?

These people must really think we are fools.

This is just a smokescreen to mask their escape route. Buhari is their grand-patron and only just gave them N200 billion a few weeks ago, and they are the closest advisers of Buhari, so I am not fooled.

I am disappointed that some people that have access to internet and a computer are now even believing this load of crap.

RUGA is an idea birthed by Miyetti Allah and their grand patron secretly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by wheezyoung(m): 9:32am On Jul 04, 2019
GoTV:
there is a difference between adaptation and colonization
The igbo paid their dues and fees
The fulani destroy properties if they dont get what they want,thats terrorism

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by Kennydoc(m): 9:36am On Jul 04, 2019
GoTV:

Did the governments of Kano, Lagos and other states where Igbos are doing business map out hundreds of hectares of land for Igbo settlement? Let's even make it simpler, did Kano or Lagos state governments build shops and give them out free to Igbos for their businesses?

Just like Igbos buy or rent shops and buy, rent or build their own residential houses in the various states where they are, why shouldn't the Fulani be made to acquire their own property? Why can't they buy land in the South and build ranches?

You're a very insincere Muslim, always masquerading as a Christian, and it's disgusting.

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by tyup(m): 9:42am On Jul 04, 2019
GoTV:

Lol. grin
Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by yeman1(m): 9:43am On Jul 04, 2019
I don't believe this people because they have other mission hidden.
Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by Duggedised12(f): 9:49am On Jul 04, 2019
Is cattle rearing a birthright of Fulani's? I think its high time rich sons and daughters of other regions collaborate with their state governments to build standard ranches.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by unapologetic147: 9:52am On Jul 04, 2019
GoTV:
you smoke cow dung?
Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by Duggedised12(f): 9:53am On Jul 04, 2019
GoTV:
you are out with your alternate again, you ismlamic terrorist grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements by Dee60: 10:01am On Jul 04, 2019
Flyingngel:
This people are really not serious.
What is the meaning of '' government shld help us return to our grazing areas and also help in providing social amenities there''.
Like some people rightly said, these Buhari people are slowly coming up with this nonsense from another angle.
If i may ask where do they have grazing areas down South?
For all those that voted Apc, have you seen what is happening?
There are so many pressing issues in the country, it is herdmen affairs that is so important.

The problem on hand is a complex one and southerners need to understand this. First, let us not lump all of them together. There is the harmless Fulani that is nomadic and that is completely displaced, meaning they do not have a place anywhere they can call their own. There has to be consideration for them because they are also Nigerians. As long as southerners criminalise this group the problem will persist. Somehow, this group is often totally neglected even when they are talking about solutions for them.

There is the elite Fulani. They own cows and would love to have grazing areas and not ranches because it means low cost labour and feeding for them. They are the ones talking all the time and they pretend to look after the interests of Fulanis but somehow maybe they are after their own economic interests.

There are the terror herdsmen Fulanis. It looks like these ones are mostly driven by unknown persons. They dont even rear cows but they go about destroying villages. Government has to find an answer. Some of these carry cows around but their interest is not in rearing but in destruction. These are the killers, but unfortunately, we now commonize and label all fulanis in this category.

You also have immigrant Fulanis (some of them may not be into terror) who are migrating southward because of climate change and because their countries in Northern Africa no longer have water or grazing fields. Their lakes are dried and they are forced to move southward into Nigeria for survival. These ones start with survival interests but soon join the terror gangs because some people may be behind this terror drive and are providing funds to them that they cannot get from rearing cows.

First step is to distinguish between all these. I guess that most of us southerners just lump them together and this wont move us forward. There are Fulanis everywhere. They have lived in Ogun state and other states for ages and they have mixed with the people. If they lump the quiet and peace-loving ones with others, the problem might get more complicated. Government does not need to set up RUGA because there is ruga already. Government should be involved in flushing out criminal elements and fostering peace between those who are peaceful within the communities they already live in. There is no need to invest anything to support nomads because they are nomads!

Fulanis are more culturally adapted to Northern Nigeria. What this means is that if technology is developed to improve on the grazing (like they do in the middle east), the correct nomads may be restricted mostly to the north.

In the real sense, the Middle Belt still has a nagging problem. Reason is, Fulanis dont want to accept that they dont have any place in Benue and Plateau. This problem has been there for ages but I think politicians who are not selfish can work on how to resolve this a bit.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ISIS-backed Boko Haram Faction ‘Executes’ Nigerian Aid Worker / Inauguration Of Tinubu & Shettima As President Of Nigeria, Vice (Live Update) / 2023: Osinbajo Submits Presidential Nomination Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.