Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians (5755 Views)

APC Tweets About Money AIT Got From GEJ's Administration. Do You Agree? / Tinubu Demands Apology From Saraki, Dogara On National Dailies - Vanguard / Afenifere Blasts Ahmadu Ali For Denigrating Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Ovularia: 12:05am On Jan 18, 2012
ACN tackles Jonathan for denigrating Lagosians, demands apology

JANUARY 17, 2012 BY AGENCY REPORTER 38 COMMENTS
The Action Congress of Nigeria has expressed surprise at President Goodluck Jonathan’s reported denigration of Lagos State during the 2011 National Youth Service Corps President’s Honours Awards in Abuja.

The party said Jonathan’s comments that the bulk of government’s fuel subsidy was consumed by people living in Lagos with 10 or 15 cars at the disposal of their under age children amounted to ‘meaningless propaganda’.

In a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said it was unfortunate that the President was comfortable turning the fuel subsidy debate into a sectional issue. It noted that this was unhealthy
for national unity and unbecoming of a President, who received
a pan-Nigeria mandate.

”While speaking at the 2011 President’s NYSC Honours Award in Abuja
on Monday, President Jonathan was quoted as
saying the government cannot continue to borrow money to subsidise
fuel for people ‘who have 10 or 15 cars and all their
under-aged children will be driving the cars around Lagos’.

”Apart from the fact that the statement is unpresidential, singling
out Lagos in a country that has many other cities with a high
number of cars, just to justify the government’s unpopular policy of
fuel subsidy removal, is putting a presidential seal on the
crude and irresponsible newspaper adverts by groups that have
introduced a sectional/ethnic angle to the debate on fuel subsidy.

”The President’s statement, on the same day he deployed troops to
Lagos to harass and intimidate unarmed citizens, is a window
to his innermost thoughts and feelings about the people of Lagos in
particular and the entire South-West in general. If this is not
so, we demand a retraction of that unfortunate statement and an
apology from the President,” ACN said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/acn-tackles-jonathan-for-denigrating-lagosians-demands-apology/
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Nobody: 12:09am On Jan 18, 2012
Mumu is too kind a word for Mr shoeless  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked BTW, wth is abati's job again?
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by sbeezy8: 12:12am On Jan 18, 2012
hes just sounding like a fool everywhere

i feel sorry for him cry

wasn't ready for presidency
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Kilode1: 12:22am On Jan 18, 2012
They are misleading this man from Otuoke. It's a Shame how remote-controlled he seems.

The rhetoric from most of his buffoons shows what the conversation might sound like in their inner chambers.

BTW, Atedo peterside (member economic team) made a similar remark on TV about Lagos consuming too much fuel while jigawa is paying for subsidy, as if Lagos is not 4 times an average Nigerian state in population.

You can't make the idiocy of this people up, it's like a poorly directed Nollywood film. Sad thing is that they are actually looting the country dry as I type. SMH
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:24am On Jan 18, 2012
Ignorance is a disease! am beginning to doubt the quality of this mans education.
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by nateevs(m): 12:34am On Jan 18, 2012
Unpresidential, immoral, uninformed, petulant and utterly idiOtic. The sort of statement you hear from a cretin. How anyone continues to defend this low life beats my wild imagination.
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Kobojunkie: 12:45am On Jan 18, 2012
what can one do but lauuuggghhh . . . .
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Gbawe: 1:20am On Jan 18, 2012
Kilode?!:

They are misleading this man from Otuoke. It's a Shame how remote-controlled he seems.

The rhetoric from most of his buffoons shows what the conversation might sound like in their inner chambers.

BTW, Atedo peterside (member economic team) made a similar remark on TV about Lagos consuming too much fuel while jigawa is paying for subsidy, as if Lagos is not 4 times an average Nigerian state in population.

You can't make the idiocy of this people up, it's like a poorly directed Nollywood film. Sad thing is that they are actually looting the country dry as I type. SMH

Did Fela not say "this uprising will bring out the beast in us"? We certainly see that now with many speaking in a manner that exposes their innate prejudice totally unhelpful towards the search for solutions. So it is now down to b.i.t.ching about the volume of PMS consumed in Lagos without at all making provision for the huge population of the State and how , by far, it is the biggest centre of commercial activities in Nigeria?

We expect this sectional outlook from illiterates drinking in a beer parlour but totally outrageous for a President, meriting his office and genuinely leading on behalf of all Nigerians, to make this inane statement !!!! It would be like Obama stating feudalistically that America cannot tolerate the PMS usage of California when the State, by far, has the largest population at almost 40 million !!! GEJ is a divisive President and his actions and gaffes indicate this everyday.
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by EkoIle1: 1:35am On Jan 18, 2012
Can't be true because it sounds like a cruel joke, even for that clown's standards.
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Nobody: 1:49am On Jan 18, 2012
if you read into that nonsense talk by the president, you''ll feel the guy is losing control of lagos.
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by BetaThings: 7:19am On Jan 18, 2012
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by karlmax2: 7:25am On Jan 18, 2012
Of course that's the truth is the rich in lagos that consume more of the subsidized fuel my president we are aware!!! That's why they want to kill dem self for Ʊ mr president to continue subsidizing fuel for them to continue there owambe
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 18, 2012
He is truly retar.ded.
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Pukkah: 7:42am On Jan 18, 2012
I hereby set aside my inhibitions and crown this man, this President, as the King of Blunders. And does it get more exasperating?

The fact that a man with kind of mindset, nay mentality, is the President of the most populous black country speaks volumes about us a people. embarassed embarassed
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Tabon: 8:08am On Jan 18, 2012
All of u abusing Gej should shut up ur mouth. What he said,is it not true?
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by fyneguy: 8:18am On Jan 18, 2012
In the same stead, government should say "We are getting too much VAT revenue from Lagos. We can't continue to collect them from Lagos residents''
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by nuclearboy(m): 8:31am On Jan 18, 2012
I never saw a rich kid or "combo" of them using 2 cars at the same time!

I never saw GEJ or his ministers using less than a convoy of cars at the same time.

I never saw a rich kid get fuel free

I never saw GEJ or SLS or others buy fuel!

But we say its the rich kids benefiting!

Wow!!
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Demdem(m): 9:00am On Jan 18, 2012
Indeed i say that these words can only come from the Retardeen Himself.
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Buckie10: 9:00am On Jan 18, 2012
I have refrained from insulting Jonathan since he became the president, but i can't hold back anymore. His utterances and that of his so called supporters are annoying to say the list.Let him go and ask we the people of LAGOS stood up to Abacha the most evil Nigeria leader ever, and also the gap toothed one before him, he is an slowpoke and a man suffering from serious inferiority complex. This slowpoke has benefited because i went out on the streets in 1993 as a teenager to face Abacha's tanks on the Gbagada Oworonsoki expressway towards Oshodi with my mother constantly crying and chasing after me not to go, but i believed and the rest they say is history, and now we the same Lagosians in respective of tribe are the ones being blamed for everything under the sun? What a fool! Jonathan answer this questions whose kids have access to 10-15 cars in Lagos, if not your morally corrupt supporters and inept government officials!
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 18, 2012
What sort of stvpid apology! Where was ACN when the President was being insulted publicly at Ojota?
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Korrection(m): 9:31am On Jan 18, 2012
no be only ACN, na SNG, lol grin
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by OAM4J: 9:36am On Jan 18, 2012
So the 'rascals' are the ones enjoying the subsidy and not the man spending N1B to eat? Very silly and daft statement to make.

Its about time someone advice this man and his wife to only read prepared speech in the public.
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 18, 2012
I see Presido is now feeling somewhat triumphalist by virtue of having successfully ridden roughshod over Nigerians in recent days.

Like the peacock which refuses to alter its dignified manner of walking just because the forest is on fire, Presido now deems it fit to take unpresidential pot shots at Lagosians? It's all good wink Water go find level in the fullness of time grin

This bourgeoning, large fleet on the President’s convoy, analysts have noted is most unnecessary and wasteful. The analysts, while making reference to the number of cars in the fleet of both the US President and that of the British Prime Minister noted that the Nigeria’s Presidency fleet will be four times more than these two countries.

Aside the vehicles, the experts have also pointed at the large number of planes on the president’s private fleet as colossal and unprecedented. Again using the United States as their bench mark, they stated that “even the US which manufactures and builds planes of different sizes and for different tastes has only two or three planes on its presidential fleet – popularly known as ‘Air Force One’. Similarly, the British Prime Minister makes its international travels through the Royal Air Force which at any point in time are not more than two.”

But as the Presidency earmarked N129 million to fuel its auto fleet, it was also mindful of routine repair works on these cars and so appropriated N480 million for the maintenance of these vehicles in its fleet in 2011.
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by 989900: 9:42am On Jan 18, 2012
I have refrained from insulting Jonathan since he became the president, but i can't hold back anymore. His utterances and that of his so called supporters are annoying to say the list.Let him go and ask we the people of LAGOS stood up to Abacha the most evil Nigeria leader ever, and also the gap toothed one before him, he is an slowpoke and a man suffering from serious inferiority complex. This slowpoke has benefited because i went out on the streets in 1993 as a teenager to face Abacha's tanks on the Gbagada Oworonsoki expressway towards Oshodi with my mother constantly crying and chasing after me not to go, but i believed and the rest they say is history, and now we the same Lagosians in respective of tribe are the ones being blamed for everything under the sun? What a fool! Jonathan answer this questions whose kids have access to 10-15 cars in Lagos, if not your morally corrupt supporters and inept government officials!

Same here sad sad
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by freecocoa(f): 9:43am On Jan 18, 2012
walahi the words used in describing GEJ and his fooolishness are no longer befitting,I've even run out of words to qualify him with.

The most annoying thing is that the likes of GEJ in this country are more than the sensible ones,this forum can attest to that.Smh.
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by mbaemeka(m): 9:48am On Jan 18, 2012
let us not give too much interpretation to the result of another teleprompter gone bad. we should instead allay the censure towards the hypocrite he employed to make speeches for him (Reuben Abati).

I find it discombobulating that time without number mr. President still cant pre-read his statements or better still muse over them properly before making them. What do i really expect from a fisherman?
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 18, 2012
Presido got some point there. I thought lagos is no man's land, so y pick quarrel ACN! That city alone has over 2million old cars!
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by worm(f): 9:51am On Jan 18, 2012
Haba General Jonathan cheesy
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Thatdave(m): 9:52am On Jan 18, 2012
its only foools that keep doing the same thing and expect different results.
U've been calling mr. President insults since last two years and each time he comes out clean and victorious and well resulted and recommended.
Isnt it time you tried something else  foools?
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 18, 2012
even abati don quiet.
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 18, 2012
But this is true. I know a few folks who have over 10 cars in their compounds, I am guilty of this same accusation but mine no reach 10 sha
Re: ACN Demands Apology From GEJ For Denigrating Lagosians by omo9ja1(m): 10:01am On Jan 18, 2012
when its obvious that Lagos stand out during the protest against the subsidy so I guess GEJ is fighting back lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Offers N1m Reward For Information On Boko Haram / Voters At Oredo LGA Accuse INEC Of Using Fake Register / What Has Buhari And His CPC Been Doing In Nasarawa State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.