Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:09 PM

Gun Permit In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Gun Permit In Nigeria (4230 Views)

How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. / Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit / What Is A Residence Permit No.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gun Permit In Nigeria by angrynaija: 2:30am On Oct 09, 2010
how does one propose to lawmakers in nigeria to consider the issue of allowing its citizens to carry concealed weapons for our own protection , against armed robbers and kidnappers?
obviously, if proposed, this is something that will be considered through the political process

before anyone jumps to conclusions, keep in mind that the criminals themselves already have guns anyway. as law-abiding citizens, we need to be legally able to protect ourselves since the police establishement is incapable of doing so.
Re: Gun Permit In Nigeria by Dsense(m): 2:40am On Oct 09, 2010
My thought is absolutely against urs ''sorry'',because i think if we should be allowed to own Gun for pretection purpose or whatever later u will find ppl misussing d power recklessly and some would probably use it for robbery .and by then there won't be an easy restitution to all these.So let keep it up this way till God changes our government.
Re: Gun Permit In Nigeria by DGreatMan(m): 8:57am On Oct 09, 2010
It's good it should be allowed some tym let us see what nigerians will become.
Re: Gun Permit In Nigeria by angrynaija: 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2010
d-sence,
i see your point that nigerians will mis-use it. this is not something anybody will have without a few hours of training on how to handle a gun. some governement body or institution will have to controil this. even after proper training, it is quite possible that there will be some mis-use (just because we nigerians we are volatile like that) but i think because of the psychology of allowing guns, people will calm down because you wont know who might be packing one. trust me most of the shakara people do to intimidate others will stop because you will think twice before doing it. but even more so, armed robbers and kidnappers will no longer be as bold. right now, these idiots are operating with so much impunity and confidence because they know the citizenzery at large is unable to protect itself
Re: Gun Permit In Nigeria by Dsense(m): 9:48pm On Oct 09, 2010
angrynaija:

d-sence,
i see your point that nigerians will mis-use it. this is not something anybody will have without a few hours of training on how to handle a gun. some governement body or institution will have to controil this. even after proper training, it is quite possible that there will be some mis-use (just because we nigerians we are volatile like that) but i think because of the psychology of allowing guns, people will calm down because you wont know who might be packing one. trust me most of the shakara people do to intimidate others will stop because you will think twice before doing it. but even more so, armed robbers and kidnappers will no longer be as bold. right now, these idiots are operating with so much impunity and confidence because they know the citizenzery at large is unable to protect itself
I found some of ur points reasonable ,but ''sorry'' i still stand against the idea .As we both quite know that we Nigerians react violetly sometimes to things that didn't worth violence and once weapons such as gun is available around us it takes huge effort to get things back on the track and that means u just implemented corruption which would be hadrly conquered in the future.
Re: Gun Permit In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 12, 2010
@d-sence

You are in egypt so i guess you dont know what we experience here on daily basis.

Firearms should be legalised in Nigeria.

It will settle a lot of security issues.
Re: Gun Permit In Nigeria by favouredjb(f): 1:25pm On Oct 14, 2010
Am totally against this idea,crime rate will be on d increase
Re: Gun Permit In Nigeria by Dsense(m): 4:32pm On Oct 14, 2010
Just what i said.
Re: Gun Permit In Nigeria by angrynaija: 3:24am On Oct 15, 2010
favouredbj:
actually i think allowing gun ownership will have the opposite effect, i.e. deter crime because criminals will think twice before commiting a crime as the criminal will not know if the person they are attacking has a gun. there is a town in the usa where you rarely hear of any crime. in this town, it is believed that at least 80% of the people living there own a gun. right now in nigeria, criminals are the only ones with guns and they are reaking havoc because they know that law abiding citizens do not own guns.
Re: Gun Permit In Nigeria by favouredjb(f): 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2010
Now,u know nigerians are agrssive ppl and due to d economic situation in d country,folks get frustrated easily,what am trying to say in essence is dt,if someone annoys u,u ll find it very easy to pick a gun a blow his/head

Afterall in dis US,u re talking about,we av cases of children shooting their parents dead,angry lovers gunning down each oda etc
Re: Gun Permit In Nigeria by poweredcom(m): 12:22am On Nov 06, 2010
Omo people wicked oo, men na my landlord i go first blast, omo every day the neighborhood go be like a war zone, dont Bleep wid me, playa, or i ma blow ya skull.

(1) (Reply)

Boring Threads Everywhere / Funny Ebola Pictures / Mtn Whatsapp Cheat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.