Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show (39903 Views)

BBNaija: The Moment Khafi And Frodd Clashed, Mikes Expression Got Fans Talking / BBNAIJA: The Look On Esther's Face After Catching Khafi & Gedoni In Bed Trends / BBNAIJA: The Look On Mercy's Face As Enkay Storms BBNaija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by Ugosample(m): 11:08am On Jul 05, 2019
Just so you know

Big brother is NOT a poverty alleviation scheme

Too many Nigerian with poverty mindset and mentality undecided

The only thing that should qualify one to enter the house is his citizenship
Which they all are.

There is no reference whatever to socio economic status

And as for those talking about voting...

Whether you vote or not will make no DIFFERENCE
election is election

even if only 20 people vote, the judgement will be made based on those twenty votes

These poor hungry and frustrated Nigerian punk asses should go get a job, or get themselves productive

they should face front and leave the show ALONE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 05, 2019
delugajackson:
Sad truth. I believe most viewers of the show are either unproductive, gainfully unemployed or mentally re.tarded. Its amazing how people spend hours of their lives on a show that adds no value to the larger society.

I think the agenda of this show is to completely erase our good sense of reasoning, promote indecency, make sexual immorality more appealing and further enthrone moral decadence, indecency, recklessness and sexual depravity on our youths.

Bia! Why do u have too much sense??

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by Witlee(m): 11:10am On Jul 05, 2019
Pavarottii:
Hypocrites everywhere... Do u know when big brother started in the world?... We are happy we are following d western world, buying their fones, cars, watching their movies, adult movies etc... So I think one day we also won't start big brother naija... Do u guys know when even big brother Africa started ... U guys are just forming saints wen u r not... Nigerians are the most corrupt souls in this world to me... We pretend but do worse... Did they force the program on anybody... It is rated 18 for anybody interested... We av about 400 channels on dstv... So why is just that one ur program... They are plenty moral and church channels on dstv... So allow those that want to watch, watch in peace... It's not by force to watch it by force vote with ur money...

Wen they put a topic of RUGA ... U will see 10000 views on naira... But just a topic that Juliet ibrahim top slips and exposes her breast during interview... Booom u will see 70,000views on nairaland.., Wat does that tell u... That the average Nigeria is already corrupt and that's Wat they like...

My 2cents...

Partially true but that doesn't make the show useless
Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 05, 2019
Ugosample:
Just so you know

Big brother is NOT a poverty alleviation scheme

Too many Nigerian with poverty mindset and mentality undecided

The only thing that should qualify one to enter the house is his citizenship
Which they all are.

There is no reference whatever to socio economic status

And as for those talking about voting...

Whether you vote or not will make no DIFFERENCE
election is election

even if only 20 people vote, the judgement will be made based on those twenty votes

These poor hungry and frustrated Nigerian punk asses should go get a job, or get themselves productive

they should face front and leave the show ALONE

Efe has demonstrated the failure of using bbn for poverty alleviation.u take the nigga outta the hood, but you can't take the hood outta the nigga.
Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by frowland(m): 11:11am On Jul 05, 2019
delugajackson:
Sad truth. I believe most viewers of the show are either unproductive, gainfully unemployed or mentally re.tarded. Its amazing how people spend hours of their lives on a show that adds no value to the larger society.

I think the agenda of this show is to completely erase our good sense of reasoning, promote indecency, make sexual immorality more appealing and further enthrone moral decadence, indecency, recklessness and sexual depravity on our youths.

Which one come be gainfully unemployed? Funny.

Ah!! I just googled it, interesting.
Gainfully Unemployed is a group of people who lost their jobs but not their lives. This group consists of people who proactively enrich their lives with knowledge, experiences, action, and just plain fun.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by IceColdVeins(m): 11:11am On Jul 05, 2019
I dont think its necessary to meddle in people's crappy way of lives, especially when it doesn't really affect the next door neighbour.....its none of anybody's business if people choose to deteriorate their level of intelligence and jeopardize their value of time.
My net period of watching the series ever since its genesis cant sum up to an hour if accumulated...in those cerebrum-toturing moments, I could feel my sense crawl out of me in agony. That was me though, I guess God made us differently.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by Ugosample(m): 11:11am On Jul 05, 2019
pansophist:
It was only yesterday for the first time I watched a few clips of BBN on YouTube and men, I can feel the pain of brain cells decimating and I have to turn it off to retain my sanity.

That show reeks of glorified vanity, bunch of dumb people doing stupid shiit on live tv. Its vulgarism, filled with sex, masculine women, aggresive men, and will only appeal to those who are not intellectually stimulated. And worse of it, I'll have to spend my money to vote for some stupid spoilt kid? That's insulting.

Lmao cheesy grin

I kinda fancy the show tho

even tho I don't have the luxury of time, or the luxury of excess data to stream

I just get snippets from time to time

nothing wrong with the concept of the show itself
Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by xangerar: 11:13am On Jul 05, 2019
Drienzia:
The mode of selecting the participants isn’t transparent at all. But again this is Nigeria, you need to know someone that knows someone that knows someone. Even in Owambe, you need connection to get two plates of Jellof Rice sad

About Owambe rice, you actually need to know someone to even get the first plate ordinarily due to you as a guest.

My roommate in the university wedded sometime back. He called me for financial support, I did what a man should do. And I came for the wedding well dressed. Just because it was only him and his best man that knew me from school and were busy in front as chief host, all the trays of rice, Chapman, small chops, gbogbo tigbo passed over my head and went to those who knew who.
Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by Ugosample(m): 11:13am On Jul 05, 2019
Pavarottii:
Hypocrites everywhere... Do u know when big brother started in the world?... We are happy we are following d western world, buying their fones, cars, watching their movies, adult movies etc... So I think one day we also won't start big brother naija... Do u guys know when even big brother Africa started ... U guys are just forming saints wen u r not... Nigerians are the most corrupt souls in this world to me... We pretend but do worse... Did they force the program on anybody... It is rated 18 for anybody interested... We av about 400 channels on dstv... So why is just that one ur program... They are plenty moral and church channels on dstv... So allow those that want to watch, watch in peace... It's not by force to watch it by force vote with ur money...

Wen they put a topic of RUGA ... U will see 10000 views on naira... But just a topic that Juliet ibrahim top slips and exposes her breast during interview... Booom u will see 70,000views on nairaland.., Wat does that tell u... That the average Nigeria is already corrupt and that's Wat they like...

My 2cents...

you have said it all

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by Jiokejohn: 11:14am On Jul 05, 2019
It is time we go back to drawing board to know if we were bewitched or we are the ones bewitching ourselves. We are going backwards as the word progresses.
Morality has been reduced to nothing. What do you expect from a nation that frustrated educative and social impacting programs like WHO WANT TO BE A MILLIONAIRE, GULDER ULTIMATE SEARCH, PROJECT FAME, MALTINA DANCE HALL etc. only to embrace BIG BROTHER NIGERIA. Of what benefit is BIG BROTHER NIGERIA to us? We jettison everything to encourage immortality. This is a program that promote rape, harassment and other negative values. When a man start reasoning with his waist, the brain automatically becomes disconnected. If you give me a full-scalp page of benefits of BIG BROTHER NIGERIA show to the society, I will write volumes of book on its demerit.
I'm surprise that at this age, we are yet to introduce feat achieving or inventory programs by assembling young Nigerians in group and mandate them to make a research or invent something with tools, manifesto and formulae provided to them. It can be timed for 3months, 6months or more. Such initiative can be aired live, sponsored by government or corporate firms and be rewarded. Such will replace BIG BROTHER NIGERIA and its like. I believe that such initiative will lift us out of poverty, promote our creativity, build human capital, improve industrialization and advance technology.
{I know that I will attract some bashing from some people, but criticize me constructively}.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by Horlhamhi(f): 11:15am On Jul 05, 2019
delugajackson:

it's simply sad truth!
And the irony here is that, some of those that liked and shared your post might fall into this category..lol
Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by Ugosample(m): 11:16am On Jul 05, 2019
xangerar:

About Owambe rice, you actually need to know someone to even get the first plate ordinarily due to you as a guest.

My roommate in the university wedded sometime back. He called me for financial support, I did what a man should do. And I came for the wedding well dressed. Just because it was only him and his best man that knew me from school and were busy in front as chief host, all the trays of rice, Chapman, small chops, gbogbo tigbo passed over my head and went to those who knew who.

in other words it has become a culture

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by gr8child(m): 11:16am On Jul 05, 2019
Didn't know that BBNaija was a poverty alleviation scheme.

Besides, because somebody can afford to chop 3 times a day doesn't make him rich.
Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by Benitogucci(m): 11:18am On Jul 05, 2019
Never watched that shit before and I don't intend to start today. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by onlyforchrist: 11:21am On Jul 05, 2019
Acidosis:

..because you pay N200 in filthy slums to watch billionnaire footballers like Ronaldo, you think you're better than BBN fans?

Lol, gory..... just because you are poor and live in penury doesn't make me one. Let me ask you, what has BBN got to do with sports and sport celebrities?
I actually don't want to engage your brainless but it seems your ignorance might make you continue being silly.

How has sport promotes moral decadence to say the least? you better start engaging in productive stuffs before you render your brain useless seeing BBN.
Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by meobizy(f): 11:21am On Jul 05, 2019
That opinion is one of the many tripe which will appear during the duration of the show.
Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by jennyswtie: 11:22am On Jul 05, 2019
Acidosis:
Let me not talk too much but the average BBNaija viewer is better than viewers of Champions League, FA Cup, etc.

Footballers like Messi and Ronaldo are made Billionnaires yet extremely broke Okada riders park their bikes after making N500 to watch billionnaires do their thing. Some of you hopeless hypocrites pay as much as N200 (from the N500 o) to watch billionnaire footballers grin

The hopeless ones amongst you even fight on top billionnaire matter and the extremely hopeless ones use the remaining change in Bet Naija Shops! grin

I'm no fan of BBN (and in fact, I stopped cable subscription since February) but to the best of my knowledge, BBN viewers can afford a television, data, recharge card to vote and a cable subscription. They don't run to slums to vote, they do it in their homes.
That's an achievement

Better than running helter skelter to watch billionnaire footballers do their thing in slums because majority of their Nigerian fans can't afford dstv subscription.

I agree with you

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by onlyforchrist: 11:25am On Jul 05, 2019
frowland:

Which one come be gainfully unemployed? Funny.

Ah!! I just googled it, interesting.
Gainfully Unemployed is a group of people who lost their jobs but not their lives. This group consists of people who proactively enrich their lives with knowledge, experiences, action, and just plain fun.

You are not alone bro, couldn't stand it for 10 minutes.
Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by Ugosample(m): 11:26am On Jul 05, 2019
Jiokejohn:
It is time we go back to drawing board to know if we were bewitched or we are the ones bewitching ourselves. We are going backwards as the word progresses.
Morality has been reduced to nothing. What do you expect from a nation that frustrated educative and social impacting programs like WHO WANT TO BE A MILLIONAIRE, GULDER ULTIMATE SEARCH, PROJECT FAME, MALTINA DANCE HALL etc. only to embrace BIG BROTHER NIGERIA. Of what benefit is BIG BROTHER NIGERIA to us? We jettison everything to encourage immortality. This is a program that promote rape, harassment and other negative values. When a man start reasoning with his waist, the brain automatically becomes disconnected. If you give me a full-scalp page of benefits of BIG BROTHER NIGERIA show to the society, I will write volumes of book on its demerit.
I'm surprise that at this age, we are yet to introduce feat achieving or inventory programs by assembling young Nigerians in group and mandate them to make a research or invent something with tools, manifesto and formulae provided to them. It can be timed for 3months, 6months or more. Such initiative can be aired live, sponsored by government or corporate firms and be rewarded. Such will replace BIG BROTHER NIGERIA and its like. I believe that such initiative will lift us out of poverty, promote our creativity, build human capital, improve industrialization and advance technology.
{I know that I will attract some bashing from some people, but criticize me constructively}.

you see

you guys are missing the concept

Big brother goal is not to promote immorality, as many dumb Nigerians think it is

Its however a social experiment to see HOW different backgrounds relate with each other without outside influences

What the people choose to do in the house is another question

Intellectual discuss can go on in the house, "immorality" can also go on there too.

but when "immorality" is taking place, it goes to show a lot of things about Nigerians and their priority

so it's not the show
it's the people

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by Ugosample(m): 11:28am On Jul 05, 2019
ornicus:

Efe has demonstrated the failure of using bbn for poverty alleviation.u take the nigga outta the hood, but you can't take the hood outta the nigga.

exactly
Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by onlyforchrist: 11:28am On Jul 05, 2019
Jiokejohn:

Sense full your brain.
Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 05, 2019
Drienzia:
. Even in Owambe, you need connection to get two plates of Jellof Rice sad
hahaha seriously?
Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by oluwaahmed: 11:31am On Jul 05, 2019
The sad thing about Nigeria, is that majority of their youth ain't WOKE. I mean we use our hard earned money to fund corporations? How foolish can u be? BBN spends nothing in that show. They get indigenous companies to sponsor the show on their own channel, these companies sponsorship takes care of bills like feeding, clothing and housing, games dey play, cost or throwing parties etc. Then the 45m they pay the contestants comes from the voting of the lazy foolish youths engrossed in the program. At least the foolish youths will vote up to 10 million times during the duration of the show multiply that by the special rate being charged by text let's say 5 bucks, that means they even made profit in top our head. The ididot youths don't ask why they don't do BBA anymore? Its because other African youths are WOKE and wouldn't spend a dime voting that's why Nigerians always win the damn show.
N/B- corporations will enslave your parents and make them work for 30 years just to provide education for you, you will carry your parents money and dash corporations for entertainment. The circle of mental slavery continues, of course with the government nod

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by MJBOLT: 11:31am On Jul 05, 2019
when you hypocrites come out to condemn sports like boxing,MMA that promote violence or Wrestling where half na.ked people fight,or better still condemn american movies,series and music videos filled with nudity.i'll take you serious

[s]
onlyforchrist:

Lol, gory..... just because you are poor and live in penury doesn't make me one. Let me ask you, what has BBN got to do with sports and sport celebrities?
I actually don't want to engage your brainless but it seems your ignorance might make you continue being silly.

How has sport promotes moral decadence to say the least? you better start engaging in productive stuffs before you render your brain useless seeing BBN.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by Promisechi79(m): 11:32am On Jul 05, 2019
Pavarottii:

My 2cents...
youdonminit
Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 05, 2019
cassbeat:
No be only poor people... How many poor people have dstv in their homes talkless of watching bbn to be frank its the rich that has time for this ...
haba guy Gotv is highly affordable to every nigerian and its aired on Gotv as i heard and besides there are cheap subscription options for dstv dese days.
Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 05, 2019
Leonbonapart:
Anybody watching that Bbnaija is a senseless, shameless being.

Whoever the person is
Thank you dare
Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by oluwaahmed: 11:38am On Jul 05, 2019
MJBOLT:
when you hypocrites come out to condemn sports like boxing,MMA that promote violence or Wrestling where half na.ked people fight,or better still condemn american movies,series and music videos filled with nudity.i'll take you serious

[s][/s]
That BBN is slowly killing your brain cells oo. Everybody benefits from sports o, and sports have been a way of life from the early days of Greek civilization. Sports provide employment to the participants, his coach, medical staff, supporters club, family of the boxers. Money is paid for just partaking in the competition whether you are the eventual winner or not. You don't even get it self, why waste time with you? Go back and watch BBN while your mates change the world. Lazy youth.

1 Like

Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by netflicks(m): 11:39am On Jul 05, 2019
Abi na person wey no get work go sit down dey watch big brother...if u get hussle u no go get time
Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by Omoslim26: 11:41am On Jul 05, 2019
Drienzia:
The mode of selecting the participants isn’t transparent at all. But again this is Nigeria, you need to know someone that knows someone that knows someone. Even in Owambe, you need connection to get two plates of Jellof Rice sad

lol:-Dguy u burst my head i dey tel u sometimes u might even take jollof rice to eat for a whole day eat nd warm philosophy :-Di remember uni days. Ur score for dis port na
78/100
Re: BBNaija: The Poor Voting For The Rich - The Irony Of The Show by MJBOLT: 11:43am On Jul 05, 2019
you are obviously brainless,so people do not get employed through BBN,there are people who work behind the scenes for the show to succeed but i dont expect you to know this,look at this daft animal what change have you made to the world kindly tell us

oluwaahmed:

That BBN is slowly killing your brain cells oo. Everybody benefits from sports o, and sports have been a way of life from the early days of Greek civilization. Sports provide employment to the participants, his coach, medical staff, supporters club, family of the boxers. Money is paid for just partaking in the competition whether you are the eventual winner or not. You don't even get it self, why waste time with you? Go back and watch BBN while your mates change the world. Lazy youth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija: Erica Says She Is Not Attracted To Laycon, Calls Him A Liar / BBNaija: Dee One And Vandora Evicted / BBNaija: Many Votes For Omashola As Airtime 'Rains' In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.