Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) (61745 Views)

Viral Kogi Salary Screenshots: Transaction References Show It’s False / The Good Side Of Buhari's Trousers No Media Will Show You (Picture) / Restructuring: Politicians Gather In Awka To Discuss The Future Of Nigeria (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by OGUAF(m): 9:13am On Jul 05, 2019
Tolexander:
Unfortunately, the Americans don’t know anything like Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo. All they know is Nigerians.

The reason we all have to join hands together to condemn every criminal acts perpetrated by Nigerians outside there and praise the hardworking ones promoting our country.

God bless you
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Nuklex(m): 9:13am On Jul 05, 2019
adebayo1998:
It's the Yoruba tribe that are making waves all over the world
you see our problem in this country they're talking about Nigerians and this one is busy talking about Yoruba if Igbo man enter here he will tell they Hustle pass all.
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by SIRTee15: 9:14am On Jul 05, 2019
Infinityk:
Nigerians are not d most successful immigrants in USA

I've seen this stuffs tons of times on d news,its all a lie

Nigerians don't even even accomplish up to half of Asians immigrants, Chinese Indians Japanese Koreans

Not to talk of Arabian immigrants, or European immigrants

Don't we let we Nigerians b lying to ourselves

That guy Candace Owens is another dumb black Americans spewing rubbish to feel good about his black skin

It was also d same rubbish one Zimbabwean living wrote in d USA that nigerians have high IQ and are very smart black ppl

After investigation, I found out it was nothing but junk crap

Any black person or Nigerian that believes this crap is really stupid

Chinese achievements alone in USA farrrrr overshadow any Nigerian dead or alive in anywhere in d world

I give real facts,I don't follow d crowd

I agree Nigerian Americans are not the most successful....
But the claim they are the most educated is valid...

3 Likes

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Ugosample(m): 9:17am On Jul 05, 2019
These white folks are right

BUT

They are missing one essential thing as to why Black Americans (well some of them) under perform in comparison to us.

it's because we as Nigerians are NOT mentally defeated as many of them are
Jim Crow and all that had a damaging effect on them

Mass incarceration too.

Our family unit is still somewhat intact (even tho dysfunctional many times) but most black men there free up without a father figure hence them being victims of their circumstance

This is not to excuse them tho
but we need to go back to the root causes of things, in order to correct them

If Nigerians experienced decades of Jim Crow or Apartheid
i think it would have damaged us too

That said, We Nigerians should "jisie ike "
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by BigBrother9ja: 9:18am On Jul 05, 2019
Heffalump:

Another tribalist on the loose again.

They refer to hard working Nigerians, you're here talking about your Afonja nation. undecided

Be patriotic for Christ, at least!
Shut up
He said Yoruba and not afonja.
Osu people should please be sensible nau angry

2 Likes

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by chrisaria(m): 9:21am On Jul 05, 2019
At last a good report. Thank God oo. cool
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by SEGLIZ: 9:23am On Jul 05, 2019
Tolexander:
Unfortunately, the Americans don’t know anything like Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo. All they know is Nigerians.

The reason we all have to join hands together to condemn every criminal acts perpetrated by Nigerians outside there and praise the hardworking ones promoting our country.

where are you from;?
only a true Nigerian would talk like this.
Kudos.
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Ugosample(m): 9:24am On Jul 05, 2019
RTSC:
Nigerians are benefiting from the hard work of african americans. We should give respect to who it is due.

All their civil rights struggle from rosa park, Dr king, malcolm x, e.t.c and now recently "black lives matter" movement.

Many of them paid with their lives and are still paying it.

You can't blame african americans for having a victim mentality.
They are victims of the system.

You have a point too..

but the black Americans should stop antagonizing us...

instead we should join hands and fight white supremacy

no black man is better than the other
we are all victims
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by AgentOfAllah: 9:25am On Jul 05, 2019
stdammis:

What debt? They dont owe them shii.

I'm surprised my first response to you got deleted. I'm not sure what I wrote that warranted its deletion. I think i made some pretty compelling arguments as to why Slavery and Jim Crow laws are responsible for current predicament of black Americans. It would have been useful for Nigerian immigrants to see and understand how white folks try to avoid responsibility for their past sins by using them as validation seeking pawns so as to isolate black Americans. Now, I can't be bothered to rewrite it.

Jesus Seun, what's wrong with your zealous moderators?

1 Like

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by careytommy37(m): 9:29am On Jul 05, 2019
adebayo1998:

Read what you wrote again and ask yourself if this is how you want to live the rest of your life
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by KenModi(m): 9:32am On Jul 05, 2019
Tolexander:

Thank you for educating that tribalistic, ethnocentric and brain-washed citizen of our great nation!
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by KenModi(m): 9:35am On Jul 05, 2019
booscy:
We come Yankee come play for snow abi?
My friend besides we being hardworking, everybody dey wait to hear from you back home, because once dem give you visa, you don hammer.

We no need fall handiooooooo!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I dey tell you! We no dey abroad to dey throw snowballs at each other. Even those wey dey Europe no dey dia to count old church buildings and monuments.

Na to hustle hard! People wey dey back home no wan hear stories! grin

2 Likes

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Vabasi(m): 9:36am On Jul 05, 2019
I want to go to America, so that with my hardworking and other good qualities, i will make the name Nigeria to go higher and higher.
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Ugosample(m): 9:39am On Jul 05, 2019
STILESGANG:
Candance Owen is a hardcore republican ,she is just pandering to Nigerians to spite her own people,African Americans and you can see most people agreeing with her stupid statements are low self esteemed Nigerians who live for "foreign" validation or racist whites who think Afro Americans should forget about almost 400 years of slavery and subjugation and act like it never happened.Nothing to celebrate here undecided
If Republicans love "hardworking"Nigerians so much,trump won't be closing the border and making life hard for immigrants

well

she has a point

and you have a point too...

These challenges black folks encountered are valid

But the black folks have to pick themselves up

collaborate with their African brothers too do achieve synergy.

This life is not kind, neither is it fair
black folks need to drum that into their head
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by jeph19(m): 9:44am On Jul 05, 2019
booscy:
We come Yankee come play for snow abi?
My friend besides we being hardworking, everybody dey wait to hear from you back home, because once dem give you visa, you don hammer.

We no need fall handiooooooo!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I swear you gat rep when you come back home... Nor be lie you talk

1 Like

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by badman007(m): 9:45am On Jul 05, 2019
Personally I dont see these as compliments..

Slaves were loved for working hard.

Race is not real. We are all humans

1 Like

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Ugosample(m): 9:46am On Jul 05, 2019
AgentOfAllah:

I'm surprised my first response to you got deleted. I'm not sure what I wrote that warranted its deletion. I think i made some pretty compelling arguments as to why Slavery and Jim Crow laws are responsible for current predicament of black Americans. It would have been useful for Nigerian immigrants to see and understand how white folks try to avoid responsibility for their past sins by using them as validation seeking pawns so as to isolate black Americans. Now, I can't be bothered to rewrite it.

Jesus Seun, what's wrong with your zealous moderators?

The world is a CRUEL place
You don't expect fairness from anyone

If you are weak, you will be eaten up
That is the way of the world

Arabs raided Europe for centuries
Europe did not succumb

If they did, theur story would have been different today

Arabs raided and plundered Africa
Europe raided and plundered Africa too

i get your point,,as you are looking at it from a moral angle.
but then the world is the way it is
You have to pick yourself up..

Igbos were ruined by Nigeria in the late 60s and early 70s
but we picked ourselves up.
even tho some igbos still have victim mentality

but still
most picked themselves up
and look at where we are today in the economic space in Nigeria
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by GMbuharii: 9:46am On Jul 05, 2019
adebayo1998:

You stand out singlehandedly as the most shameful

2 Likes

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by TourismMan(m): 9:46am On Jul 05, 2019
adebayo1998:

Can't you guys do without all these Yoruba, igbo and hausa thing? What has Yoruba got to do with this now?
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 05, 2019
adebayo1998:
you speak without checking facts. Which tribe from Nigeria is mostly found in America? it's definitely the Igbo's. But if you say the UK I give it to the Yoruba. Do you know the number of my extended family is in America? Even my grandmother is a citizen of America.
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Unconquerable: 9:48am On Jul 05, 2019
adebayo1998:
Which Yorubas? The greatest fraudstars in Europe and America are Yorubas. No wonder fraudulent documents are aptly termed ‘Oluwole’.
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Lovelife433(m): 9:52am On Jul 05, 2019
nigeria is a scam come cotonue and see some thing for ur self.

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Ugosample(m): 9:54am On Jul 05, 2019
Infinityk:
Lol nigerians are not in top 50 of smart ppl,if we are to go by countries Don't bring some crap about some dumb little achievement Nigerians make abroad Watch fareed zakaria GPS on CNN And cry for d black race after statistics upon statistics are released
i disagree with your first statement
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by vallyboi(m): 9:55am On Jul 05, 2019
jnrbayano:
Good to read

It's just our corrupt leaders.

One day we will wake up and our bad leaders will be no more

Who wan kill dem ni
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by brightleave(m): 9:55am On Jul 05, 2019
Tolexander:

I wished I could provide more likes 4u.
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Ugosample(m): 9:56am On Jul 05, 2019
timesup234:
The only time a Nigerian will own various houses in America is when they steal from Nigeria and go buy there or involved in shady dealings. America is a debt pit. A 30 yrs debt sentence for a carton box house. You know nothing man. You just confirm yourself as one of the brainwashed

this guy again?

1 Like

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Ugosample(m): 9:57am On Jul 05, 2019
Ogurube:
Candace Owens is full of nothing and is just a sycophant of the Republican Party (the party of Teapartiers and Trump, who desperately say the most racist and ignorant things) to divide and conquer. My people, please don't fall for this drivel that's targeted to make Nigerian-Americans seem important than other Africans, at home and the diaspora. Every immigrant works hard in this well-contrived plantation. Anyone whose sovereignty and values have not been emasculated by many years of suppressive lies, oppressive justice system, and exploitative policies, and who's at liberty to go elsewhere to seek better opportunities and can reconnect with their ancestral land, will have the confidence do well. Relatively speaking, Nigerian-Americans are not the most successful immigrants or Africans, by virtue of our population. Yes, Nigerians go to school, but not many develop a mindset to initiate solutions that helps Nigeria. Rather, they go work for the big-brand corporations and government that exploits Nigeria. The disparity between the haves and the have-nots in Nigeria continues to widen while our Nigerian-American educated ones give their knowledge to the massa. Africa will remain a politically and developmentally dysfunctional nation, until all Blacks begin to uplift each other to high standards. All Ms. Owens is doing is play Uncle Tom for the GOP to try to woo some 2-goody-shoes Blacks to their party of bigotry. Is it not the same Republican Party, under Andrew Johnson, that reneged on the promises made by Lincoln to compensate emancipated slaves with 40 acres and a mule? Is it not the same Republicans who conspired to impede high-ranking Black members who did not meet their "Lily White" criteria? Is it not the same Republican Party that filibustered to undermine the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Bill? Is it not the same Republicans that got in the way of Obama's great ideas, who are now looking the other way from Trump's umpteenth travesties? Abegi, make she park well and shut up. Nigerians or Nigerian-Americans don't need anyone's validations about how hard we work. Rather, we'd like to be seen as achievers and charitable back home.

interesting point of view there
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by timesup234: 9:58am On Jul 05, 2019
Ugosample:

this guy again?
Yes man! I am everywhere destroying the illusion of the American dream which in reality is a nighmare
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 05, 2019
Hope they are not indirectly attacking the African Americans

1 Like

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 05, 2019
it's because they weren't exposed to the Democrats victim mentality parasite

I bet that Black queen is talking about entitled frauds like Khiaa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerians Know The Truth, Peter Obi Replies Tinubu / Ambode 2019 rally shuts down Ojota and Maryland / Saraki Mobbed With Shouts Of "OTunYa" As He Campaigns In Kwara (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.