Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,090 members, 7,811,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) (61700 Views)

Viral Kogi Salary Screenshots: Transaction References Show It’s False / The Good Side Of Buhari's Trousers No Media Will Show You (Picture) / Restructuring: Politicians Gather In Awka To Discuss The Future Of Nigeria (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 05, 2019
LegendHero:

Lol, our main problem is the political class, both PDP and APC
Gbamest

One Legend for saying this. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by abeggnow: 10:10am On Jul 05, 2019
adebayo1998:
It's the Yoruba tribe that are making waves all over the world
plz shut up. Every Nigerian if giving the chance work super hard
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by MeeLan: 10:12am On Jul 05, 2019
3 places Nigerians are humble;
1. Before a soldier
2. In church during holy communion
3. Overseas (or Embassy) for fear of deportation.

A pure naija dude can package to survive and keep up the package when he is living OK abroad.
My uncle is a big guy in Canada, his cousins working tooth and nail in his naija company are earning 17k a month while he gives bountifully freely to charity in North America, las las, na to get more from whitey.
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 05, 2019
I feel proud as a Nigerian having gone through those comments...... Though I feel disappointed as a Nigerian
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Reference(m): 10:20am On Jul 05, 2019
Even bubonic plague if diluted in the worlds oceans cannot kill a fly. It is a matter of numbers. The point is about proportions. The fact that bad news is more prevalent is because there are far more people doing bad things. That is the worry....the numbers.

In my small world of business and enterprise I have come across exceptional individuals with great talent, work ethic and rock solid integrity but why do I find myself overtly defensive, consistently wary and faithless....the numbers.
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Ramos16(m): 10:31am On Jul 05, 2019
adebayo1998:

You dumb motherfvcker
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by cococandy(f): 10:37am On Jul 05, 2019
Because we are used to way worse conditions that opportunity is not something we let go easily.
Doesn’t mean they should use us to try and paint African Americans bad.

A person who doesn’t even have electricity will be overjoyed to live in a place where such things are taken for granted

2 Likes

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by cococandy(f): 10:42am On Jul 05, 2019
Carton boxes that go up in value depending on where you live and you can make profit if you’re financially savvy.
I know how much I made when I sold a house that I only owned for 3+ years before moving to a different state. (We)

Debt pit indeed.

timesup234:
The only time a Nigerian will own various houses in America is when they steal from Nigeria and go buy there or involved in shady dealings. America is a debt pit. A 30 yrs debt sentence for a carton box house. You know nothing man. You just confirm yourself as one of the brainwashed

1 Like

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by cococandy(f): 10:43am On Jul 05, 2019
Not the most. One of the most.
Infinityk:
Nigerians are not d most successful immigrants in USA

I've seen this stuffs tons of times on d news,its all a lie

Nigerians don't even even accomplish up to half of Asians immigrants, Chinese Indians Japanese Koreans

Not to talk of Arabian immigrants, or European immigrants

Don't we let we Nigerians b lying to ourselves

That guy Candace Owens is another dumb black Americans spewing rubbish to feel good about his black skin

It was also d same rubbish one Zimbabwean living wrote in d USA that nigerians have high IQ and are very smart black ppl

After investigation, I found out it was nothing but junk crap

Any black person or Nigerian that believes this crap is really stupid

Chinese achievements alone in USA farrrrr overshadow any Nigerian dead or alive in anywhere in d world

I give real facts,I don't follow d crowd

1 Like

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by cococandy(f): 10:44am On Jul 05, 2019
I agree.
RTSC:
Nigerians are benefiting from the hard work of african americans. We should give respect to who it is due.

All their civil rights struggle from rosa park, Dr king, malcolm x, e.t.c and now recently "black lives matter" movement.

Many of them paid with their lives and are still paying it.

You can't blame african americans for having a victim mentality.
They are victims of the system.

2 Likes

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by cococandy(f): 10:45am On Jul 05, 2019
I also agree with this.

No good praise for minorities ever comes from the Republican Party. There’s always an ulterior motive
AgentOfAllah:
Don't fall for this crap!! This is a brazen divide and conquer tactic to shame historically disenfranchised black Americans into believing that it was they, themselves, not slavery, not racist jim crow laws, that caused their current situation. The American society owes black Americans a debt that must be repaid. To blame them for the situation in which they find themselves is to play fast and loose with history, and it doesn't help solve their situation.

3 Likes

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Omega30(m): 10:56am On Jul 05, 2019
Infinityk:

Nigerians don't even even accomplish up to half of Asians immigrants, Chinese Indians Japanese Koreans

That guy Candace Owens is another dumb black Americans spewing rubbish to feel good about his black skin

It was also d same rubbish one Zimbabwean living wrote in d USA that nigerians have high IQ and are very smart black ppl

Chinese achievements alone in USA farrrrr overshadow any Nigerian dead or alive in anywhere in d world

Too many educated illiterate who can't read. First Candance Owens is a lady, secondly, she said, ‘Nigerian-American is the most successful ethnic group” . In others words, blacks
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by GeorgeTheCoder: 10:57am On Jul 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Nigerians are great people but our only problem is Buhari

True
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 05, 2019
Well.. they should carry on working their blaady! Asses off! and pay huge taxes to fund the American welfare system. Nigerians are working while Americans are sitting on their lazy Asses Smoking weed, Drinking and having welfare babies.

And some say it's possitive? bullsheet!! The Arabs, chinese and Asians sure do not work their Asses off! but they are more successfull that Nigerians in America.

If you call Janitors, Street sweepers/gabbage collectors, security Guards and kitchen porters Successfull then you need your brains tested.

1 Like

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by dumbiri99(f): 11:10am On Jul 05, 2019
RTSC:
Nigerians are benefiting from the hard work of african americans. We should give respect to who it is due.

All their civil rights struggle from rosa park, Dr king, malcolm x, e.t.c and now recently "black lives matter" movement.

Many of them paid with their lives and are still paying it.

You can't blame african americans for having a victim mentality.
They are victims of the system.
So? Are we not victims of the Nigerian system too? Do you know how hard it is to get US visa from this effing country. We have it worse here, that's why when we get there, we just behave and work and make money cos if them deport you, your body go tell
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Justpd: 11:16am On Jul 05, 2019
adebayo1998:

Idiot. That's all I have to say
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Danwakae(m): 11:16am On Jul 05, 2019
adebayo1998:

You are bias.

The

YORUBAS.....OFFICE(less stressful jobs)

IGBOS.....BIZ( both, stressful just to make many and name)

HUASA...ALL( very hard working people, work for all, even as gate keeper, shoe cubler, load carrier...don't care about the name)

GOD BLESS NIGERIA...
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by PopeFlatino(m): 11:18am On Jul 05, 2019
Are they real oyibos or laptop oyibos shocked
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by 12inchess: 11:28am On Jul 05, 2019
Yeah right. A generation or two later in America and the Nigerian immigrant that are so driven will be in the same category as the African America and that is so oppressed by the system. F**ked up, victimized and criminalized.At the end in U. S, black is black. Only Nigerians in Nigeria can beleive this lie that Nigerians are the most successful immigrant group in U. S. Anyone who has been in America long enough knows that it is the Indians or the Chinese. Separating the achievements of African Americans from Africans is divide and conquer. Without the Civil rights movement, we never even allowed to come here in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:35am On Jul 05, 2019
The reasons Nigerian immigrants do better than black Americans is a simple matter of self-selection. The most driven, most educated, comparatively affluent Nigerians are the ones who tend to travel abroad either on student or work visas. They've invested their futures in their emigration and must then summon up the pluck and drive to make it work. Immigrant groups always have that pluck and drive. That is not what the general Nigerian population is like - else, Nigeria wouldn't be a shiithole competing with the likes of Somalia and South Sudan for the most wretched country on earth.

Don't allow yourself be used as a pawn to undermine black Americans. Their struggles in the US fighting for equal rights paved the way for black immigrants to enjoy the fruits of this struggle. Candace Owens is a vacuous mooron who will say anything her right-wing paymasters want her to.

7 Likes

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by AgentOfAllah: 11:35am On Jul 05, 2019
cococandy:
I also agree with this.

No good praise for minorities ever comes from the Republican Party. There’s always an ulterior motive

It is so exhausting having to explain to people that you can't just isolate current affairs from their historical context as if history just exists in a vacuum.

1 Like

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by AgentOfAllah: 11:37am On Jul 05, 2019
Obi1kenobi:
The reasons Nigerian immigrants do better than black Americans is a simple matter of self-selection. The most driven, most educated, comparatively affluent Nigerians are the ones who tend to travel abroad either on student or work visas. They've invested their futures in their emigration and must then summon up the pluck and drive to make it work. Immigrant groups always have that pluck and drive. That is not what the general Nigerian population is like - else, Nigeria wouldn't be a shiithole competing with the likes of Somalia and South Sudan for the most wretched country on earth.

Don't allow yourself be used as a pawn to undermine black Americans. Their struggles in the US fighting for equal rights paved the way for black immigrants to enjoy the fruits of this struggle. Candace Owens is a vacuous mooron who will say anything her right-wing paymasters want her to.

Thank you so much! It is gratifying to know that there are Nigerians who see through this sh!t.

1 Like

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:38am On Jul 05, 2019
And no, Nigerian-Americans are not the most successful immigrant group. Not even close really. It's a weird myth and I don't know its genesis. Go to Silicon Valley or Wall Street or Big Pharma or wherever and it is Asian Americans from India, China, Korea etc at the cutting edge of innovation and enterprise.

4 Likes

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Mcowubaba: 11:42am On Jul 05, 2019
Tiffbuxas:
they are not all like that just like we 're not all like this

Yeah not all, but most.
I
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:48am On Jul 05, 2019
AgentOfAllah:

Thank you so much! It is gratifying to know that there are Nigerians who see through this sh!t.

She's pressing their mumu buttons, but many are too dumb to understand how her grift works. grin They heard someone praise Nigerians in the service of a sinister agenda, but with their inferiority complex, the praise of Nigerians which triggers their supremacist cheat-beating is all they heard.

3 Likes

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by Carlyboi(m): 11:51am On Jul 05, 2019
To be candid tho as fvcked as India is as a country and their brutish and savage men I think they have some of the most intelligent and smartest people on planet earth and for the Chinese it’s even obvious cos they’re very innovative tech construction or engineering business they’re up there I think they’re closely followed by the japs and Koreans but one can’t say blacks or African Americans which at the top chart as Nigerians is far off tho cos we excel in more fields or areas than they do from Arts to entertainment,education medicine and Tech and business we have Nigerians and other Africans doing great things if you ask me
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by krushdripper(m): 11:55am On Jul 05, 2019
adebayo1998:
tribalistic bigoted bitch,
Yoruba's are the prime snitches/betrayers of this great nation. Cropped up wretch.
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by DarlingEmojist(m): 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2019
Thank God Nigeria too is doing something good on earth.. I tot we have been adding to the World Problem untill now
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by drakeli: 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2019
Infinityk:

The kind of achievement they are talking about here is not just achievement. It’s career driven achievement in the US backed up with college degree. I think Chinese in the US don’t have that comparing (relatively) their larger population to Nigerian smaller population . Chinese success is success from entrepreneurship/business.

But to digress. In my own personal experience in the US as a Nigerian, I see east India’s living American dream than Nigerian. I see them owing luxurious homes in exotic neighborhoods than Nigerians.

I went to a Nigerian friend’s graduation party last weekend. She just got her PhD in nursing. Doctor of nursing. That’s the kind of Nigerians they are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by uyplus(m): 12:07pm On Jul 05, 2019
Tolexander:
Unfortunately, the Americans don’t know anything like Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo. All they know is Nigerians.

The reason we all have to join hands together to condemn every criminal acts perpetrated by Nigerians outside there and praise the hardworking ones promoting our country.

But the other tribes are well represented, Hausa cannot fit into any sane clime! They are mostly illiterates!
Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by AgentOfAllah: 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2019
Ugosample:

The world is a CRUEL place
You don't expect fairness from anyone
Who said anything about "expecting" fairness? Nah, you fight to the death for it!

If you are weak, you will be eaten up
That is the way of the world
This is a dangerous and demonstrably false mindset. Strong people can fight for and have given their lives to protect weak people.

Arabs raided Europe for centuries
Europe did not succumb

If they did, theur story would have been different today

Arabs raided and plundered Africa
Europe raided and plundered Africa too
What are you on about, and what has this got to do with the plight of Black Americans?

i get your point,,as you are looking at it from a moral angle.
but then the world is the way it is
You have to pick yourself up..
What do you think I am doing when I call attention to the often ignored historical context through which the present situation of black Americans can be viewed?

Igbos were ruined by Nigeria in the late 60s and early 70s
but we picked ourselves up.
even tho some igbos still have victim mentality

but still
most picked themselves up
and look at where we are today in the economic space in Nigeria
Please educate me. How have most Igbos picked themselves up? What is the population of Igbos in Nigeria and what percentage of those are doing well economically?

Don't be fooled by idiotic feel-good drivel promoted by the elite to distract you from the stark reality of your situation. You will hear silly things like: "Igbos are the most successful businessmen", "Yorubas are the most educated ethnic group", "Hausas are the most honest people", and similar crap. The truth is that there are only two tribes in Nigeria today, and you will know them by their economic situation: The proletariat who do all the work for crumbs, and the bourgeoisie, who exploit all these fake ethnic and religious divisions to keep the proletariat poor and desperate enough to work for crumbs. Wake up and know who your real enemies are, comrade!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Americans Discuss The Good Side Of Nigerians On Twitter. (screenshots) by planetx: 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2019
Surprised you people fell for the divide and conquer tactics, same whites that will go to another forum and make ebola jokes about Africans. They just like to pay fake compliments to Africans to Undermine Black Americans, at the end of the day they don't like blacks period whether from Africa or native born.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bayelsa2015: View Total Results Analysis / Nigerians Know The Truth, Peter Obi Replies Tinubu / Tinubu To PEPT: Nullifying The Election Over 25% FCT Could Cause Anarchy, Chaos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.