Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze (18123 Views)

Imo Killings: FG, Not Igbo Leaders To Be Held Responsible — Ohanaeze / What Is The Meaning Of 'ruga'? / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by 247Dior(m): 10:03am On Jul 05, 2019
helinues:
What makes OYC different from that Hausa group ?
abnormal person like you will never see any difference

3 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by hecomeshome(m): 10:11am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:
If I want to be fair and go by the recommendations of those that antagonised my humble and honourable self when I was in support of RUGA,

I will clearly state that the Ultimatum is well deserved. Many quoted me on Nairaland saying "RUGA should be done up North ONLY". Fine! And now they are also telling you to go trade in your region. Anybody that needs your product would come and buy in your region.

I think its fair with all honesty. If a Fulani or Hausa man is limited to trade in certain parts of the country, then I think other tribes should be limited to trading in there own region too.

I feel does that came for head when I was supporting RUGA can now find a better resolution to the impending doom that stares at us at present.

The English people call it "Tit for Tat"
Warri people call it "Do me, I do you"
Men call it "An eye for an eye"

Are you sure you are an Ijaw man from Delta? Almost all your submissions on this forum are anti-south.

3 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by nwodopetre(m): 10:16am On Jul 05, 2019
must the federal gov. carry every fulani's matter ontop their head bikonu. cant these fulani heardsmen get down to the south buy land by themselves and do their legit business with having trouble with the host community as simple as that. must the government do everything for them.

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

Relax!

Did you criticise amnesty?

For National security, nothing is too expensive.
You see national security but what we see are criminals being rewarded.
Imagine that you are from Benue state or any other state affected by the herdsmen crises.
Your village was attacked by the herdsmen, you lost your family, your farm , your home ,ever everything to the attackers.
Now as the victim, the federal government never compensated or rehabilitated you.
They didn't gazette a new farm for you,they gave you no crops or fertilizer to resume farming,they provided no housing for you... you've been languishing in one poor IDP camp ,inside your own home state..
And then you hear on the news that the FG is planning to gazette a huge area of land for the herdsmen in your state for the herders to graze for free...in order to prevent further attacks.
Note that those herders who ruined your life were never brought to book..and now to prevent them from attacking you again,they are being rewarded with free land in your state.
Is that really the best the federal government can do??
And you won't even put yourself in the victims shoes.
Maybe the government is really doing this for national security, I don't know,but don't expect those who have been affected by this crises and those hoping to avoid it to swallow this your RUGA idea just like that.

5 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by worldclass68(m): 10:18am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

Nice composition!

This is 2019 and a lot of things have changed. I told someone on this forum that nothing is too expensive for peace to reign and in the interest of National security. They let all hell lose "WITHOUT" proffering a fair and more logical resolution to counter RUGA. Insults and tantrums they could only offer.

So as of date, I 100% buy the ultimatum the Northerners are dishing, if am to be fair and real. I will play same card too in business or any aspect of life.

I go to the North and buy beef, And they come to the South and buy motor parts. That applies to every other commodity. #SIMPLE

That was what was proposed, and now they have it. Am just pained some groups from the South are already shouting foul play.

bro ...if the Fulanis want to do business in the south, let them buy lands, and ranch their cows there, as they have been doing before, not one govt will just grab some people's land and gave to strangers for there own private business, abi Igbo or Yoruba people no dey rent shop for North? even nah this so call ur beloved Fulanis/hausas usually kill and occupy the southerners properties when there is any riot ,have u ever heard anything of such in the south, No.

I pray u or ur family members shall never experience what benue/platuea people dey see for these fulani hands.

2 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by DonJossydirich(m): 10:21am On Jul 05, 2019
samir101ng:
@Benekruku is making a lot of sense. Approach the matter with logic and not sentiments. A valid point to be made here also is the co constitutional rights of all citizens to live anywhere in the federation regardless of state of origin. If an Urhobo man decides to relocate and buy land in Kebbi to start a fishery business, he is legally entitled to. Same thing for a Kanuri man that wants to go to Ekiti and start a perfume shop. Both are Nigerians and can buy land and settle in any state. Once, you start chasing or driving away a certain ethnic group because of one issue or the other, it almost always attracts a reciprocal response.
Then,fulanis should buy land and settle in any state of their choice not the the federal government trying to force it on us.

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by conyema12(m): 10:23am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:
If I want to be fair and go by the recommendations of those that antagonised my humble and honourable self when I was in support of RUGA,

I will clearly state that the Ultimatum is well deserved. Many quoted me on Nairaland saying "RUGA should be done up North ONLY". Fine! And now they are also telling you to go trade in your region. Anybody that needs your product would come and buy in your region.

I think its fair with all honesty. If a Fulani or Hausa man is limited to trade in certain parts of the country, then I think other tribes should be limited to trading in there own region too.

I feel does that came for head when I was supporting RUGA can now find a better resolution to the impending doom that stares at us at present.

If you need land for your livestock farming.. Go and acquire it financially from your host, just as the igbos up north do.. They weren't given the lands and shops free by the Govt.

2 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by 8stargeneral: 10:25am On Jul 05, 2019
mumu treath with mumu people

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Henrichemeka(m): 10:27am On Jul 05, 2019
This country is in comatose.

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Kennydoc(m): 10:29am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

You're being grossly insincere, and it's a shame.

Fulanis were advised to buy land and build ranches in the South, instead of being given large expanses of land for Fulani settlement, which we all know will ultimately turn to Fulani land. It can't work.

The Igbos trading in the North all rented or bought their shops and residential houses. Neither the FG nor any state government gave them the properties for free. Why shouldn't Fulanis buy theirs for their business?

If Fulanis want Igbos to exit the North, then the country should simply divide. There are no 2 ways about it.

3 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by bendike: 10:30am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

Are you aware that there are more northerners in the south east, south west and south south?
Are you aware that the North cannot fund itself without oil, taxes etc revenue from the southern Nigeria? Guy you better wakeup if you are asleep.

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by livebyday(m): 10:43am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

Nice composition!

This is 2019 and a lot of things have changed. I told someone on this forum that nothing is too expensive for peace to reign and in the interest of National security. They let all hell lose "WITHOUT" proffering a fair and more logical resolution to counter RUGA. Insults and tantrums they could only offer.

So as of date, I 100% buy the ultimatum the Northerners are dishing, if am to be fair and real. I will play same card too in business or any aspect of life.

I go to the North and buy beef, And they come to the South and buy motor parts. That applies to every other commodity. #SIMPLE

That was what was proposed, and now they have it. Am just pained some groups from the South are already shouting foul play.

The markets and buildings the Southerners use to trade in the north was not provided by the government, private individuals did that.

The government didn't create a settlement in every northern state for southerners the people did that themselves

Same way northerners in the south purchased the lands they use for business so it's rather ridiculous to compare the two

I fear sometimes your analysis is way to elementary for this issue

You seem incapable of deeply assessing the situation either for emotional reasons or maybe you just aren't capable of doing it

Either option worries me, this is why I stopped engaging with you on this issue

And from your above response I can see my hypothesis was accurate

I mean no disrespect but sometimes it is best to be silent on certain issues one isn't well.versed on

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by bendike: 10:45am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

That was the best the FG can do in interest of National security and conflict resolution.

Are we not both aware about how the FG spent billions on Armnesty? Was a tool to encourage militancy?

Some things just need to be done.

Then they should take money from the taxes from cow and use to share amnesty for the Fulani just as they took money from the Niger delta OIL to do amnesty for the nigerdelta boys.
Guy you (sorry to say) you mumu oh! Were the Niger delta boys killing people, taking people's lands, butchering pregnant women and babies? Where they destroying people's farms?
Please turn to the closest person to you and tell him to give you a reset. It will really help you.

4 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by livebyday(m): 10:46am On Jul 05, 2019
freeze001:
The National Livestock Transfromation Program under the Office of the VP is one that had the buy-in of all state governors, had components for re-settlement of IDPs affected by the herdmen attacks and ranching under the supervision of interested state governments with the support of the FG. That had been approved and already in the pipeline and then out of the blues, the ruga crap almost ecliped the NLTP with focus only on settlements/grazing areas for cattle herders and with the full funding of the FG. This was a sudden departure from what the state governments had signed up to and that is why there were loud and firm refusals with states like Benue and Taraba actively rejecting the ruga b.s. There was an active plan to make it all about FG and fulani to the exclusion of others previously captured so people were awake and made their resistance very clear to the alien concept.

You have just been going on and on forgetting the finer details that have almost been obfuscated. Now the ruga nonsens was suspended and some group decides to threaten the FG and all Southerners that if ruga suspension is not reversed in 30 days and implemented in all states of the country ie no longer the so called option of voluntary subscription by interested states, they would embark on yet undisclosed line of action.

Tell me, how does this sound like the right thing to stand in support of? I wonder how you reason and perceive things truly.

I feel that member is either very young and has no real grasp of issues or a paid staff of the office pushing for this ruga

Either option explains how he lacks in basic critical analysis skills

If you go through my chats with him you would notice how incapable he or she is in actually articulating sound responses to issues I raised

He or she just sounds emotional and angst filled with no real depth to offer on the issue

He had only one point , it is fair and that was when I gave up

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by wink2015(m): 10:47am On Jul 05, 2019
chisomdoris:
The Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council, OYC, has threatened fire over the ultimatum issued by what it called a faceless coalition of Northern Youths over the controversial Ruga settlement.

The youths had given the Federal Government 30 days to implement Ruga across the 36 States and the FCT.

But reacting, the OYC, through its President-General, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro, said their Northern counterparts were taking more than required.

He said “Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth council worldwide had studied diligently and weighed the implications of the recent threat and 30-day ultimatum from a certain Northern group named “Coalition of Northern groups” over the suspension of Ruga settlement by the Presidency.

“We would have ignored them but for the unnecessary tension in the Southern Nigeria, especially Igbos emanating from the threat of this Northern group.

“We are fully aware that this recent threat is targeted only on the lives and properties of peaceful Nigerians of Igbo extraction doing businesses in 19 Northern States, and this is a declaration of war against the Igbos.”

He said though the Igbo youths would not fail to explore all peaceful avenues for the protection of lives and properties of Igbos living in the 19 Northern States, “our peaceful approach should not be understood as weakness as there are other options open to us over the recent threat.”

Isiguzoro, however, lauded President Muhammadu Buhari “for the suspension of the Ruga settlement program and the careful approach of the National Economic Council under Vice President Yemi Osibanjo and the Sub Committee led by Governor Dave Umahi.

“We urge the Coalition of Northern groups to direct Northern Governors to opt for the second option of ranching through this peaceful National livestock Transformation Programme rather than Ruga settlement, which was clearly rejected by the Southern Nigeria, especially the South East /South-South Governors and the people.

“OYC wishes to remind the leadership of the coalition of Northern groups of the grave implications of this recent threat. In the interest of national peace and security, they should withdraw the 30-day ultimatum, immediately.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/ruga-ultimatum-will-hold-northern-governors-responsible-ohanaeze/

Good Move by the Ohanaeze Youth leadership.

Northern governors are playing the OSTRICH ! While the Coalition of Northern Youth are engaging in cheap BLACKMAIL !

But God Almighty will SHOW THEM PEPPER !

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by bendike: 10:49am On Jul 05, 2019
samir101ng:
@Benekruku is making a lot of sense. Approach the matter with logic and not sentiments. A valid point to be made here also is the co constitutional rights of all citizens to live anywhere in the federation regardless of state of origin. If an Urhobo man decides to relocate and buy land in Kebbi to start a fishery business, he is legally entitled to. Same thing for a Kanuri man that wants to go to Ekiti and start a perfume shop. Both are Nigerians and can buy land and settle in any state. Once, you start chasing or driving away a certain ethnic group because of one issue or the other, it almost always attracts a reciprocal response.
No body has said Fulani should not take their personal money to buy land and ranch their cows. After all you have pig, goat cow ranches in the south also being run in a civilized partern without intruding in the rights of others.

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

I like the way you spoke. You fair.

Let everybody go back to his region.

Equality for all.

Once everyone arrives back to their region, the next is sessation
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by mbos: 10:51am On Jul 05, 2019
ohaneze cannot talk for biafrans

- IPOB
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by bendike: 10:51am On Jul 05, 2019
livebyday:

I feel that member is either very young and has no real grasp of issues or a paid staff of the office pushing for this ruga

Either option explains how he lacks in basic critical analysis skills

If you go through my chats with him you would notice how incapable he or she is in actually articulating sound responses to issues I raised

He or she just sounds emotion and angst filled with joy real depth to offer on the issue

He had only one point , it is fair and that was when I gave up
Same as I thought. Me sef give up on that guy. He just cannot comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

Nice composition!

Herdsman.

Nigeria will end. That's what the east have been praying for
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Eluwilussit(m): 10:53am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

I like the way you spoke. You fair.

Let everybody go back to his region.

Equality for all.

Your reasoning is faulty. Cattle rearing is private business. Let the owners buy land for ranch.

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

Hello! You got what you asked for.

Am not in anyway a Northern spokes person. Am just being fair here. If you can marginalise a trade down south here, I think the Northerners also should be able to marginalise a trade up North.

Nobody has marginalized u guys yet, we simply said we won't give u our land in tens of thousands of hectares to build a permanent home.

Let the Fulani try nonsnese n watch themselves go into extinction in a short 100 day violence

2 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by cronsberg: 10:54am On Jul 05, 2019
Abfinest007:
empty threats these two groups are noise makers n should be regarded as such.cp make their name are on my list of noise makers
Empty threats huh? U will see whether its empty or not in 30 days time. All igbos or any southerner for that matter should leave the north with all their belongings, we dont want them, we dont need them and they are to blame if attacked or killed or burned. I personally will surely take part in getting my own pound of flesh if i come across igbos being attacked in my locallity, i will also take whatever i come across and give nothing back, the only thing i will not do is kill a human being, but to smash am with plank for head, or rape their daughter etc i will do it without shame, they should completely leave our land and go open all those spare part shop in their villages. Is it not only to be intolerant and hateful? We can do it too, let that ultimatum reach first
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by blackfase(m): 10:54am On Jul 05, 2019
Though i understand the general sentiment and point you trying to make here, you somehow herein missed the point. Again the argument stands forth that cattle business is private business, yes? Now is anyone stopping them from doing that here in the south?, No? Take it further, southern governors, most if not all are not against ranching as business enterprise from whoever, yes? Now govt not only trying to shove this unpopular policy down peoples throat, they are trying to finance it on a multibillion naira scale? Private business hey...
And for the souherners you claim are operating up north, what slightest form of govt grant was given to aid their start ups? Have they been identified with formenting trouble in their host communities?

See, lets call a spade a spade and not a trowel. We shouldnt for the sake of correctness lose our bearings and bury our heads in the sand like the proverbial ostrich. These people are known for what they are, our history is well documented and its not in their favour at all. They should have themselves to blame and prolly change for the better cos way things are and will continue to be? the opprobrium fever will reach further heights against them.

So you see? completely different scenario
Benekruku:

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

If the motives of the FG cant be trusted, cant state governors counter it with favourable terms and conditions?

I hope you read my points during RUGA debates on Nairaland. Ths issue was just politicised. Hate and tribal bigotry blocked many thinking faculties. But like the adage will say, "If you say peace is too expensive, then be ready to buy war".

Matter was never approached logically and their was never a will or intent to even weigh the option by Southern governors. Not even for the sake of National Security and peace.

State govt have agreed to ranches. If there are 100 herders in enugu state, we will give them 10 hectares each and that's 1000 hectares. We won't give anyone 30,000 hectares in enugu state, it will never happen

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 05, 2019
Totfulguy:

And the oil money generated from the South that the north is living off should be used to build the South-South ONLY! Can we suggest that too?

The oil money comes from the east sef, not south
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

You call this hypocrisy? Common! This is fairness.

Nobody chased northerners out of southern Nigeria and that same way no northerner will chase southerners out of the north.

If the minority Fulani tries to chase out southerners from the north, they will stare extinction to their faces

3 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by somehow: 11:02am On Jul 05, 2019
The markets, tradefairs and malls built by various state governments are for who? Private business owners ...so?
blackfase:
Though i understand the general sentiment and point you trying to make here, you somehow herein missed the point. Again the argument stands forth that cattle business is private business, yes? Now is anyone stopping them from doing that here in the south?, No? Take it further, southern governors, most if not all are not against ranching as business enterprise from whoever, yes? Now govt not only trying to shove this unpopular policy down peoples throat, they are trying to finance it on a multibillion naira scale? Private business hey...
And for the souherners you claim are operating up north, what slightest form of govt grant was given to aid their start ups? Have they been identified with formenting trouble in their host communities?

See, lets call a spade a spade and not a trowel. We shouldnt for the sake of correctness lose our bearings and bury our heads in the sand like the proverbial ostrich. These people are known for what they are, our history is well documented and its not in their favour at all. They should have themselves to blame and prolly change for the better cos way things are and will continue to be? the opprobrium fever will reach further heights against them.

So you see? completely different scenario
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by somehow: 11:03am On Jul 05, 2019
PrecisionFx:

State govt have agreed to ranches. If there are 100 herders in enugu state, we will give them 10 hectares each and that's 1000 hectares. We won't give anyone 30,000 hectares in enugu state, it will never happen

And.what's stopping them from building the ranches? Let them build the ranches just as they build malls, markets and fairs.
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Omudia11: 11:04am On Jul 05, 2019
Pls try to understand an issue before jumping into conclusions. Did anybody stop the fulani from doing business in other parts of Nigeria? Infact don't they still graze their cattle down south despite all the atrocities they perpetuate constantly?

What we are saying is this? Cattle rearing is a private business. We cannot give up our ancestral lands to the fulani. When will the govt also acquire lands for pig farmers, poultry farmers etc?

Why can't the fulani buy lands for their business like other tribes do?
samir101ng:
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Uberalles: 11:07am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

You are correct in away. However this is slightly different. The Igbos are trading in the North just as most of our maiguards come from a particular region in the country. The Maishais operate and several Hausa Fulani communities operate in the South freely with little or no discrimination.Lets be fair they enjoy more peace in the south than the Igbos experience in the North. We need to understand and accept our diversity. However within this there are also limits.

The Government did not support any of them why then this RUGA. There is no law banning a Northern businessman from establishing a ranch in the South. The world has changed and the concept of herding cattle is out dated like it or not. Why

The ultimatum is unnecessary and jingoistic why not buycott igbo goods instead.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift / VAT: FIRS’ Exclusive List Push Suffers Setback At NASS / Lere Olayinka Replies Fayemi On Probe: 'Start Your Probe Now, We’re Not Afraid'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.