Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze (18122 Views)

Imo Killings: FG, Not Igbo Leaders To Be Held Responsible — Ohanaeze / What Is The Meaning Of 'ruga'? / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Omudia11: 11:08am On Jul 05, 2019
You are an embarrassment to the himan race.

Hijacked by who? Are you in any way inferring that the fulanis are the victims in all of this? The fulanis who encroach into people's farmlands and villages, destroying crops and wiping whole villages are the people whose trade has been hijacked.

You are worse than a swine.
Benekruku:

You not making point here.

So because the FG wanted to give input, that's why it was rejected? Right!

Even when it was glaring to all that their trade had been hijacked by criminals and several conflicts arising between them and farmers, which has been a threat to National Security.

Please what are you saying. Hit the nail on the head. Because FG water to sponsor a resolution right?
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by MyExpression(m): 11:09am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

I will clearly state that the Ultimatum is well deserved. Many quoted me on Nairaland saying "RUGA should be done up North ONLY". Fine! And now they are also telling you to go trade in your region. Anybody that needs your product would come and buy in your region.

I think its fair with all honesty. If a Fulani or Hausa man is limited to trade in certain parts of the country, then I think other tribes should be limited to trading in there own region too

Guy, you are getting it wrong.

Everybody is free to trade anywhere in Nigeria.
What we are against, is government sponsoring the development of settlements of a particular tribe and trade, all over Nigeria.

If the Fulanis want land, they should buy and develop, bring in their family... and live amongst us, peacefully.

RUGA is a secluded settlement for the Fulanis and every amenities needed is being sponsored with our common wealth.

It is unacceptable.
We have ama-hausa in the East, Sabon-geri in the North.
All lands and rent accounted for. And they live amidst their host.
Ruga is different. it is like a large camp the size of a local government, gazetted to just one community all across Nigeria.

They might as well replicate same for every ethnic groups in the whole 36states.

I buy land for my business in the north, so why will you come to claim my ancestral land by force to do your own business

Wake up and smell the p'ssy brah!
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by blackfase(m): 11:12am On Jul 05, 2019
And you compare that with a RUGA initiative?

somehow:
The markets, tradefairs and malls built by various state governments are for who? Private business owners ...so?
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by somehow: 11:17am On Jul 05, 2019
blackfase:
And you compare that with a RUGA initiative?

Yes, what is wrong with the comparison?

We have mechanic village, computer village, games village etc, what is wrong with herding/husbandry village?
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:
If I want to be fair and go by the recommendations of those that antagonised my humble and honourable self when I was in support of RUGA,

I will clearly state that the Ultimatum is well deserved. Many quoted me on Nairaland saying "RUGA should be done up North ONLY". Fine! And now they are also telling you to go trade in your region. Anybody that needs your product would come and buy in your region.

I think its fair with all honesty. If a Fulani or Hausa man is limited to trade in certain parts of the country, then I think other tribes should be limited to trading in there own region too.

I feel does that came for head when I was supporting RUGA can now find a better resolution to the impending doom that stares at us at present.

The English people call it "Tit for Tat"
Warri people call it "Do me, I do you"
Men call it "An eye for an eye"

The point I they should come buy the land themselves not using Federal government money to buy it.

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by asamaigho(m): 11:32am On Jul 05, 2019
helinues:
What makes OYC different from that Hausa group ?

how exactly do you mean,...cos i smell lack of comprehension .
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by MyExpression(m): 11:35am On Jul 05, 2019
mbos:
ohaneze cannot talk for biafrans
- IPOB
Una don cum with una mumu again.....
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by fatiaforreal: 11:45am On Jul 05, 2019
[quote author=mrgreen4real post=79950592]

Bro I believe the Fulani jihad history is the reason behind southern and some middle-belt states are rejecting the RUGA settlement. Make your research and you will deduce that what would happen in the future is the fear of that would start requesting to becoming indigenous pple of the state if settled thru RUGA system.

Mind you almost all tribes that are settled today migrated from somewhere. If the Fulani herdsmen were known for not having clashes with farmers and being kidnappers, I bet you many states would have accepted the RUGA settlement.

Even the typical hausa men are afraid of Fulani because they were conquered by Usman Danfodio.

The rejection of RUGA settlement is the beginning of wisdom.[/quote
grin grin grin
I see, just as some people are now saying Lagos is no man's land, after forgetting the hardship that brought their forbears to Lagos. If ask me, that's double standard.
You made a good point from historical perspective though.
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by asamaigho(m): 11:46am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:
If I want to be fair and go by the recommendations of those that antagonised my humble and honourable self when I was in support of RUGA,

I think its fair with all honesty. If a Fulani or Hausa man is limited to trade in certain parts of the country, then I think other tribes should be limited to trading in there own region too.

I feel does that came for head when I was supporting RUGA can now find a better resolution to the impending doom that stares at us at present.

funny of you.
you probably have a' very very shallow knowledge' of tue situation.
nobody has said hausa nor fulani people should not have shops in southern nigeria...as many of the do have their mishae kiosks,currency exchange shops etc. of which they pay rents and do their business like every normal nigerian.
But to allow terrorists with their expansionist agenda in the guise of herds men thru their biased fg to forcefully take peoples farmland for grazing, is totally unacceptable.
like other busnesses, cattle rearing is a private enterprise and such whi ever wants to rear cow should go ranching period.
SAY NO TO THE DESTRUCTION OF FARMLANDS
SAY NO TO THE RAPING OF OUR WOMEN
SAY NO TO THE KILLING OF INNOCENT VULNERABLE ONES BY KILLER HERDSMEN.
NO TO RUGA.
YES TO RANCHING.
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by NkayStory(f): 11:48am On Jul 05, 2019
helinues:
What makes OYC different from that Hausa group ?

You are always asking silly questions,pretending to be obtuse

please if you have nothing intelligent to say keep quiet!
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by chidemavian: 11:52am On Jul 05, 2019
Here is the truth about islam

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by mushystuff: 11:56am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

Hear yourself. Using public funds in the interest of National security and conflict resolution?

When ruga does not capture the restoration and compensation of displaced persons, recovery of their lands from unlawful, criminal occupiers and rebuilding of destroyed buildings/infrastructure but focuses only on handing even more land over to the criminal fulanis in the name of ruga settlements, that is no conflict resolution and has no bearing on national security.
Who guarantees cessation of attacks from known enemies who command FG protection in the name of ruga settlement right at the doorsteps of other tribes?
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by mushystuff: 11:57am On Jul 05, 2019
chidemavian:
Here is the truth about islam

Apt!
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by NkayStory(f): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2019
hecomeshome:

Are you sure you are an Ijaw man from Delta? Almost all your submissions on this forum are anti-south.

He is YORUBA MAN...his kind are plenty here.
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by NkayStory(f): 11:59am On Jul 05, 2019
stefanbanach:
it is okay for you to use religious sentiments to restrict non-Muslims in your land but I cannot use emotional and tribal sentiments to restrict you in my land. You're not even intelligent to recognise your own hypocrisy.

No land for you Blood-sucking demons In SS and SE. If you chase my people from the north, Be prepared to receive the millions of beggars and shoe menders from the south.

We've tolerated and endured you Parasites enough.

The dude you quoted is a YORUBA MAN.....
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Successdude(m): 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

And they doing business in the north did govt sponsor them ?
Who stops the herders from owning ranches ? But no, they wouldn't .

What's your point exactly ?

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by NkayStory(f): 12:04pm On Jul 05, 2019
AnanseK:

You sound too ignorantly opinionated to participate in this discussion.

No land for You ulani land-grabbers in the SE come what may...you can start the War if you like..

Atleast that should disintegrate this cess-pit called Nigeria for good like we want

Go join your fellow marauders from Niger,Chad and form arewa country..

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by justdollars: 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2019
Chief, I used to admire your comment but am disappointed on dis one. RUGA is a selfish agenda. Every tribe have been doing business either in their region or other region including the Ibos and none has been given this kind of National backing...go to Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi etc and see their exploits, none has deemed it fit to maximize it. They pay huge taxes and are never allocated free lands. What is good for the goose, should also be good for the gander. Read Chapter 4 of d 1999 Constitution

Benekruku:

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by paraltero: 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

Nobody said the Fulani shouod not trade outside the North. Just that if they want to trade, they should do it like everyone else. They need land, the buy land. The need water, they create boreholes. They need electricity, they buy generators with their money. Why should the government be giving handouts to one tribe for free? Are the Igbo traders in the North getting free land or free shops?
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by oluwaahmed: 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

Hello! You got what you asked for.

Am not in anyway a Northern spokes person. Am just being fair here. If you can marginalise a trade down south here, I think the Northerners also should be able to marginalise a trade up North.

You are absolutely correct, and I support this. All the southerners in the north should return home, so that they can occupy all the empty positions the northerners left in govt parastatals like CBN, FIRS, NNPC, DPR, NDIC, NPA. They would also love to own the oil wells, deserted by the northerners and fill up the remaining vacant positions in the oil industry down south. That would be great o.
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by jrusky(m): 12:18pm On Jul 05, 2019
These Ohanaeze guys too get time to be answering nonsense spewing out of animals mouth.

If dem born their fada make dem come collect land by force for South nah and let's see how far they will go.

THESE bastards from the think every Nigerians are afraid of them bah Una dey mad.

Who do your north think you are? No one has a monopoly of violence. South are still calming down because they still see you up north as brothers the very day that brotherhood break and confrontation ensue it's then you north will know Southern people are not afraid of you.
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by engrchykae(m): 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

didnt we pay for shops or buy the shops outright?
why must the fg take it upon herself to fund the private enterprise of one ethnic group?
seems you love partiality so much
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Uche352(m): 12:29pm On Jul 05, 2019
Before now haven't the fulanis been selling there goods around the country..come to think of it why do you think Nigerians actually didn't support the ruga system especially coming in a time the herdsmen are on rampage of killing and sacking villages..rejecting it is more of containing the security level and the tension in the country already..yes I know there are good ones but with the clashes the good ones might also be in danger too besides the primary obligation of any government is security..thank you
Benekruku:

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Uche352(m): 12:35pm On Jul 05, 2019
I absolutely support you in this one could you imagine the northerners have almost 80percent of oil Wells here in the south maintain top positions also have any southerner issued any statement on them to leave? They are always the first to issue quit notice..they still stopped some southerners from voting at the last election but yet at the face of all this provocation we still kept quite..
oluwaahmed:

You are absolutely correct, and I support this. All the southerners in the north should return home, so that they can occupy all the empty positions the northerners left in govt parastatals like CBN, FIRS, NNPC, DPR, NDIC, NPA. They would also love to own the oil wells, deserted by the northerners and fill up the remaining vacant positions in the oil industry down south. That would be great o.
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Uche352(m): 12:40pm On Jul 05, 2019
Besides I thought the implementation of the ruga program is optional so why forcing it on the people?
justdollars:
Chief, I used to admire your comment but am disappointed on dis one. RUGA is a selfish agenda. Every tribe have been doing business either in their region or other region including the Ibos and none has been given this kind of National backing...go to Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi etc and see their exploits, none has deemed it fit to maximize it. They pay huge taxes and are never allocated free lands. What is good for the goose, should also be good for the gander. Read Chapter 4 of d 1999 Constitution

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Omudia11: 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2019
Rapist, murderer and plunderer.

There's no need to wait for 30 days. Please start your madness today then you'll know your cup is truly full.

You think us Niger Deltans will seat back right? Lol. The day you start your nonsense, then we will really show you what we're made of. You already know what ND is capable of so please I dare you to start.
cronsberg:
Empty threats huh? U will see whether its empty or not in 30 days time. All igbos or any southerner for that matter should leave the north with all their belongings, we dont want them, we dont need them and they are to blame if attacked or killed or burned. I personally will surely take part in getting my own pound of flesh if i come across igbos being attacked in my locallity, i will also take whatever i come across and give nothing back, the only thing i will not do is kill a human being, but to smash am with plank for head, or rape their daughter etc i will do it without shame, they should completely leave our land and go open all those spare part shop in their villages. Is it not only to be intolerant and hateful? We can do it too, let that ultimatum reach first
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Omudia11: 1:01pm On Jul 05, 2019
You must be kidding yourself. Oil money comes from which East? Even Ondo produces more oil (4%) than the entire East (2%) get your facts right. SS produces 94%.
PrecisionFx:

The oil money comes from the east sef, not south
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by obama30: 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2019
chisomdoris:
The Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council, OYC, has threatened fire over the ultimatum issued by what it called a faceless coalition of Northern Youths over the controversial Ruga settlement.

The youths had given the Federal Government 30 days to implement Ruga across the 36 States and the FCT.

But reacting, the OYC, through its President-General, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro, said their Northern counterparts were taking more than required.

He said “Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth council worldwide had studied diligently and weighed the implications of the recent threat and 30-day ultimatum from a certain Northern group named “Coalition of Northern groups” over the suspension of Ruga settlement by the Presidency.

“We would have ignored them but for the unnecessary tension in the Southern Nigeria, especially Igbos emanating from the threat of this Northern group.

“We are fully aware that this recent threat is targeted only on the lives and properties of peaceful Nigerians of Igbo extraction doing businesses in 19 Northern States, and this is a declaration of war against the Igbos.”

He said though the Igbo youths would not fail to explore all peaceful avenues for the protection of lives and properties of Igbos living in the 19 Northern States, “our peaceful approach should not be understood as weakness as there are other options open to us over the recent threat.”

Isiguzoro, however, lauded President Muhammadu Buhari “for the suspension of the Ruga settlement program and the careful approach of the National Economic Council under Vice President Yemi Osibanjo and the Sub Committee led by Governor Dave Umahi.

“We urge the Coalition of Northern groups to direct Northern Governors to opt for the second option of ranching through this peaceful National livestock Transformation Programme rather than Ruga settlement, which was clearly rejected by the Southern Nigeria, especially the South East /South-South Governors and the people.

“OYC wishes to remind the leadership of the coalition of Northern groups of the grave implications of this recent threat. In the interest of national peace and security, they should withdraw the 30-day ultimatum, immediately.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/ruga-ultimatum-will-hold-northern-governors-responsible-ohanaeze/

The same Isiguzo who always attack Nnamdi kanu cannot attack the norths as it suppose. He Isiguzo should form a security to fight the Fulani's not to hope on Nigeria security which protect fulanis. all the community in Igbo land should plan serious ways to eliminates the fulani's in Igboland. They can start by poising the grasses and sending tunders and other spiritual form to wipe out the fulani's. come out in group and round the area they occupies and make sure no living thing escape. talking fire on news dosen't mean fighting . start something now before is too late. you call Nnamdi kanu coward now we want to see how you become a hero
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by chizzyreal: 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2019
MikeBetty:
Dont Mind That Fellow. He Should Point Out Areas Of Land Fg Provided For Other Tribes Who Are Doing Their Business In The North. If Fulani Want, Let Them Buy Land To Ranch Their Cattle In The South, We Dont Have Problem Wit It. Cattle Rearing Is Private B

Who will sell for them?? God forbid
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by yom2(m): 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

the trading they are doing up north was it the federal government that fund it and institutionalize it?
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by yom2(m): 1:17pm On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

the trading they are doing up north was it the federal government that fund it and institutionalize it? the other fellows can also buy up space and ranch in other parts of the country
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by livebyday(m): 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2019
NkayStory:

He is YORUBA MAN...his kind are plenty here.

That member's tribe has nothing to do with this your comment is incitive respect other members

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Uba Declares For Anambra Gubernatorial Race / BREAKING News: INEC NEW Chairman, Prof Nazim Mimiko From March 1, 2015 / APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.