Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze (18126 Views)

Imo Killings: FG, Not Igbo Leaders To Be Held Responsible — Ohanaeze / What Is The Meaning Of 'ruga'? / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Benekruku(m): 7:39am On Jul 05, 2019
emae009:

quick question? the "igbos" in the North when they relocated there, did they kill its host or did the Federal Government decide that for peace to exist, they should use public funds meant for the every Nigerian to buy land in the North; build hospital, school, market and other facilities for them or did the "igbos" like every other Nigerian buy land or shop with their own ppersonal money or through loan to settle??

That was the best the FG can do in interest of National security and conflict resolution.

Are we not both aware about how the FG spent billions on Armnesty? Was a tool to encourage militancy?

Some things just need to be done.
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Benekruku(m): 7:42am On Jul 05, 2019
meccuno:
so that there would be peace and responsibilities. Nigeria is run as if the resources are meant to be spent any how.

That runs in the blood of our political elites who are so brilliant, calculated and experts in brainwashing and division of the electorates.

Trust me, Politicians love Nigeria's unity most.
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by emae009(m): 7:49am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

Hear yourself. Using public funds in the interest of National security and conflict resolution?

the Federal Government said these Fulani herdmens that are killing are not Nigerians but so far no arrest of these non nigerians have been made. They can't be identify either yet in the interest of National security and conflict resolution giving them lands in Nigeria is the way forward. which is more in the interest of national security? enforcing our borders so these illegal immigrants don't penetrate; fishing out the killer herdmens, enforcing the anti-grazing law or buying land for the foreigners to settle if the second option to you is the best then boko haram should be granted their wish for interest of national security.

7 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by emae009(m): 8:02am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

That was the best the FG can do in interest of National security and conflict resolution.

Are we not both aware about how the FG spent billions on Armnesty? Was a tool to encourage militancy?

militancy started because the FG neglected the areas that produced the oil which keeps the nation running. the amnesty was the end result of a dialogue between the two parties. in the herdmens situations, the cattle they are rearing, majority of them are not the owners so it's a private business. if the RUGA is implemented, it will set a bad precedent. let's say the motor parts merchants start destroying cars and killing the owners all over Nigeria. will the FG government now find land to accommodate them in the interest of National security??

3 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by OdumegwuOjukwu: 8:25am On Jul 05, 2019
chisomdoris:
The Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council, OYC, has threatened fire over the ultimatum issued by what it called a faceless coalition of Northern Youths over the controversial Ruga settlement.

The youths had given the Federal Government 30 days to implement Ruga across the 36 States and the FCT.

But reacting, the OYC, through its President-General, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro, said their Northern counterparts were taking more than required.

He said “Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth council worldwide had studied diligently and weighed the implications of the recent threat and 30-day ultimatum from a certain Northern group named “Coalition of Northern groups” over the suspension of Ruga settlement by the Presidency.

“We would have ignored them but for the unnecessary tension in the Southern Nigeria, especially Igbos emanating from the threat of this Northern group.

“We are fully aware that this recent threat is targeted only on the lives and properties of peaceful Nigerians of Igbo extraction doing businesses in 19 Northern States, and this is a declaration of war against the Igbos.”

He said though the Igbo youths would not fail to explore all peaceful avenues for the protection of lives and properties of Igbos living in the 19 Northern States, “our peaceful approach should not be understood as weakness as there are other options open to us over the recent threat.”

Isiguzoro, however, lauded President Muhammadu Buhari “for the suspension of the Ruga settlement program and the careful approach of the National Economic Council under Vice President Yemi Osibanjo and the Sub Committee led by Governor Dave Umahi.

“We urge the Coalition of Northern groups to direct Northern Governors to opt for the second option of ranching through this peaceful National livestock Transformation Programme rather than Ruga settlement, which was clearly rejected by the Southern Nigeria, especially the South East /South-South Governors and the people.

“OYC wishes to remind the leadership of the coalition of Northern groups of the grave implications of this recent threat. In the interest of national peace and security, they should withdraw the 30-day ultimatum, immediately.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/ruga-ultimatum-will-hold-northern-governors-responsible-ohanaeze/

Actually they are not faceless. They have faces and names.

They are brazen.

Despite their threat, we don't want Ruga or ranch or anything / zone exclusive for any ethnic group.

Anyone who want land in Igboland should negotiate with the land owners with their money!

3 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by freeze001(f): 8:41am On Jul 05, 2019
Every rejection stems from the deliberate violent nature of the fulani lots plus history of their continued grabbing and renaming of lands of indigenous persons. Plateau state is there for all to see; the Governor of Kaduna state recently issued a directive that all chiefdoms be renamed Emirates, affecting Southern Kaduna. Why would any sane Southern state want a part of such wickedness especially when the central government/centrally controlled security system is in the hands of the same fulani? They treat fulani criminals as above the law and untouchable, they kill and destroy without any fear of arrest and pinishment, MACBAN leaders will come on national TV to say their members attack because cows were killed/stolen, justifying heinous crimes against humanity yet nothing is done. How do you expect wholehearted acceptance of such glaring danger?
Benekruku:

How many Southern states bought it? Cos you are sounding like Southern states ever welcomed anything about this issue. They rejected every option. History never forgets. I remember the "OUR LAND" slogan vivdly. And the "THEY SHOULD GO UP NORTH AND DO RANCHING? THEY HAVE ENOUGH LAND IN SAMBISA FOREST"

Am just being fair here. Everybody region has a right to displace people of their choice.

Asking why I support it, Common, am an analyst, when RUGA was shot down, I saw it coming as i was definitely bound it would play. So if people are not logical to come to the table for talks, dont you know conflicts will be bound.

Thats what happens in a society where tribal, political and religious bigotry have eaten ALL of their brains. What else do you expect! Peace?
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

You have no point to make. Religious and tribal bigotry is all you have to offer.

Do you have any reasonable thing to discuss than to tell Nigerians to donate their ancestral land to foreign Fulani jihadist herdsmen?

I have known you here for supporting Fulani jihadist herdsmen against innocent defenceless Nigerian farmers. Stop claiming Southerners, your taqiyya don't work on everyone.

Why must one group be killing every other groups?

Useless Muhammedian

4 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Benekruku(m): 9:19am On Jul 05, 2019
[s]
FrMbaka:

Do you have any reasonable thing to discuss than to tell Nigerians to donate their ancestral land to foreign Fulani jihadist herdsmen?

I have known you here for supporting Fulani jihadist herdsmen against innocent defenceless Nigerian farmers. Stop claiming Southerners, your taqiyya don't work on everyone.

Why must one group be killing every other groups?

Useless Muhammedian
[/s]
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by bamasite2: 9:36am On Jul 05, 2019
Great
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Izumarock70(m): 9:36am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:
If I want to be fair and go by the recommendations of those that antagonised my humble and honourable self when I was in support of RUGA,

I will clearly state that the Ultimatum is well deserved. Many quoted me on Nairaland saying "RUGA should be done up North ONLY". Fine! And now they are also telling you to go trade in your region. Anybody that needs your product would come and buy in your region.

I think its fair with all honesty. If a Fulani or Hausa man is limited to trade in certain parts of the country, then I think other tribes should be limited to trading in there own region too.

I feel does that came for head when I was supporting RUGA can now find a better resolution to the impending doom that stares at us at present.

The English people call it "Tit for Tat"
Warri people call it "Do me, I do you"
Men call it "An eye for an eye"
RUGA is Fulani settlement not business empire. Itimpataka

2 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Benekruku(m): 9:38am On Jul 05, 2019
Izumarock70:
RUGA is Fulani settlement not business empire. Itimpataka

You are misinformed!
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by GenFunction: 9:38am On Jul 05, 2019
if u want RUGA...RUGA ursefs in the north nobody go disturb una
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by netflicks(m): 9:42am On Jul 05, 2019
Very well this will only help biafra achieve what they have longed waited for..
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by willyo(m): 9:44am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:
If I want to be fair and go by the recommendations of those that antagonised my humble and honourable self when I was in support of RUGA,

I will clearly state that the Ultimatum is well deserved. Many quoted me on Nairaland saying "RUGA should be done up North ONLY". Fine! And now they are also telling you to go trade in your region. Anybody that needs your product would come and buy in your region.

I think its fair with all honesty. If a Fulani or Hausa man is limited to trade in certain parts of the country, then I think other tribes should be limited to trading in there own region too.

I feel does that came for head when I was supporting RUGA can now find a better resolution to the impending doom that stares at us at present.

Baba comot Warri from that senseless write up. Noh gimme hard drive this morning
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by martowskin1(m): 9:44am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

an igbo man, rent shop or buy land to do his business.... if the fulani wants land, let him buy and ranch his cows, is that not easy? where have u seen the govt gave an igbo man free shop to do his business....

u are not been fair with ur argument, and we all know the history of the fulanis..... they mean trouble, the igbo people know how to cohabit with their host... u have not heared of them raping their host or all sort of what i dont know

2 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by jamace(m): 9:46am On Jul 05, 2019
The foreign fulanis are already in every nook and cranny of Nigeria.

What is the National Assembly doing about this gross violation of Nigeria's territorial integrity by Buhari?

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 05, 2019
Imagine these possibilities:

1. Nigeria with only Igbo and Hausa cohabiting.
2. Nigeria with only Yoruba and Igbo cohabiting.
3. Nigeria with Yoruba and Hausa cohabiting.
4. Nigeria with none of the three but other nations/tribes.

Which of these arrangement will bring lasting peace?

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Lonelyloner: 9:47am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

Has the federal government built settlements for Igbos in the North?

You pretend as if you're a fool but you're not. You're an evil genius instead who believes others are fools.

3 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Benekruku(m): 9:48am On Jul 05, 2019
martowskin1:

an igbo man, rent shop or buy land to do his business.... if the fulani wants land, let him buy and ranch his cows, is that not easy? where have u seen the govt gave an igbo man free shop to do his business....

u are not been fair with ur argument, and we all know the history of the fulanis..... they mean trouble, the igbo people know how to cohabit with their host... u have not heared of them raping their host or all sort of what i dont know

You running from pillar to post.

Does it change anything if the government decides to secure for them?

Please note that we talking about National security here. Cos your point of them buying individually is void!
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Lonelyloner: 9:52am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

So they can't give Fulani amnesty and money to buy land? Let them use that money now buy the land from us.

Sensima. Wise man who thinks he's the only wise man.

3 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by AnanseK(m): 9:52am On Jul 05, 2019
meeky007:

ARE U BLIND, UR HAUSA GROUP GAVE A WHOLE FEDERAL GOVT 30 DAYS ULTMATUM ND U ARE POINTING AT OHANEZE NDIGBO THATS PROTECTING THEIR TRIBE. IF I INSULT U NOW U WILL SAY WE HAVE STARTED. BETA MIND YOURSELF

We had innumerable ultimatums from Kanu, the Biafran war lord and his followers
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by blazhykowskyi(m): 9:54am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

You keep reasoning like a dunce. No one is saying a Fulani man should not live and rear his cattle in the south. What we are saying is they should buy land and ranch their cattle individually like everyone else does. Do the govt buy land for southerners in the north to do their business? We simply don’t want them to form a settlement where they will turn to a town in the future. Is that too hard for your peanut brain to understand?

3 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by AnanseK(m): 9:55am On Jul 05, 2019
martowskin1:

You sound too ignorantly opinionated to participate in this discussion.
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Benekruku(m): 9:55am On Jul 05, 2019
Lonelyloner:

Has the federal government built settlements for Igbos in the North?

You pretend as if you're a fool but you're not. You're an evil genius instead who believes others are fools.

Relax!

Did you criticise amnesty?

For National security, nothing is too expensive.
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by TeraHawks: 9:58am On Jul 05, 2019
Such Immense Stupidity.

God, how did you create some people with paenut-sized brains?

Take a moment to think of the economic ramifications of your stupid opinion....just a minute of deep thinking is all thats required.

I am getting tired of the low level of thinking of many Nairalanders; my guess is that these people may be very young and naive.

Benekruku:

2 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by 3Ceagle(m): 9:59am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

Did you really read the reaction of OYC. They recognized the right of every Nigerian to trade where ever in the country but it is the method that is the issue. You cannot practice your trade to the detriment of others. They accepted ranching as a solution but not forcefully acquiring indigenous peoples land by the Federal government. Do you also accept that those in the villages depend on the land to survive? Do you accept that Fulani or other tribe's cattle or livestock business is a private business? Are you aware that state have control over the use of their land space? Be circumspect before you make your comment.

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by AdedoyinO(f): 9:59am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

Oga, RUGA is dead on arrival. Did other tribes use government money to settle and build businesses for themselves in the north? Don't we have northerners doing their private businesses peacefully in the south?

Why will government spend billions of Naira to settle a particular tribe and their private businesses across the whole country, plus provide social amenities and infrastructures (that are lacking in the generality of the country) for them if not that there is an evil motive for such?

And northerners are feeling entitled to other people's lands as to give the federal government ultimatum to implement an evil policy? Let's see how they'll play out their threats.

1 Like

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by city2city: 10:00am On Jul 05, 2019
Noise making organizations every where, from north to south.. I. Challenge them to do every thing within their power to break up this amalgamation please........ Further more, violence is not and never will be the monopoly of any tribe or organization. Nigerians and those sponsoring them , should have a rethink to pull this Nation into economic prosperity, rather than creating fear every now and then. Fighting war goes beyond your present stock pile of arms, AK 46 and ammunition, but the economic capacity for international trade on international goods and ability to sustain the war. I am of the south south. Nigerians should embrace peace and learn to speak to every other tribe with dignity and respect.
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by martowskin1(m): 10:00am On Jul 05, 2019
AnanseK:

You sound too ignorantly opinionated to participate in this discussion.

is OK bro... u dont have to insult me to pass a point.... ...
Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by wifeesnatcher(m): 10:02am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

Ruga shouldn't be a govt talk thing in the first place. was it FG that rented shops and office where non northeners are doing their business in North?

if you want to ranch, buy a land. if no one sell land for Fulani then you can be saying that. what's making big deal out of this is Federal govt debating for businessmen who arguably aren't paying taxes to the govt

Fulani had created more enemies for themselves, it will get to a stage that other tribe won't have any choice than to lynch them when Buhari exit asorock. they should trend carefully

if it's tribe trading in their various region will settle this then I welcome it

2 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by Lonelyloner: 10:03am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

Relax!

Did you criticise amnesty?

For National security, nothing is too expensive.
Hahahaha. No land for you my brother.
No land. As in, no land for you.
I mean, no land.
In fact, no land you for you.
Hahaha
You want to chop free Land.
Hahaha

2 Likes

Re: Ruga Ultimatum: We Will Hold Northern Governors Responsible – Ohanaeze by lastmessenger: 10:03am On Jul 05, 2019
Benekruku:

we know there are many peaceful Hausa's living in Igbo land. I think they should also be ready to leave Igbo land within 30 days.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Zulum Tells Remi Tinubu He Will Deliver Borno To Tinubu / Court Jails UNIZIK Ex-Lecturer For Defamatory Comments On Facebook / Distribution Of Exotic Vehicles Divides Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.