Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) (39261 Views)

Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Aregbesola Reacts To Supreme Court Ruling / Oyetola VRS Adeleke: Supreme Court Panel Members Named / Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Afamed: 3:35pm On Jul 05, 2019
kingjay1:
I don't understand the laws we run on in this country.
Absence of a Judge in one sitting?
Reason for awarding a judgement against... So its no longer evidence based or merit? What if this technicality was planned?
My Country Nigeria......

The one you heard from Jonnyessense, the PDP apologist. Wait for the full court verdict/explanation before you make your conclusion
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by contigiency(m): 3:38pm On Jul 05, 2019
ejimatic:
. I have been vindicated..

You can say that again.

1 Like

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Johnnyessence(m): 4:38pm On Jul 05, 2019
Afamed:

The one you heard from Jonnyessense, the PDP apologist. Wait for the full court verdict/explanation before you make your conclusion
As if you never read what justice Rhode read. stop being hyprocrite here. SC ruled based on absence of Justice obiora in one sitting in the tribunal court then. the whole world knows that. post your own source. maybe you should go and post thenationonlineng newspaper source.
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by lagos2019: 5:37pm On Jul 05, 2019
may justice take it course.

meanwhile for your marquee event tent contact Aufmevic Nigeria Limited.
www.aufmevic.com

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by tuniski: 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
ejimatic:
. I have been vindicated..
No, you ain't vindicated the matter were not considered but, Obiora's Absence being critical.

PDP has been punished for judicial flaw.
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by tuniski: 6:33pm On Jul 05, 2019
Afamed:

That was the basis for upholding Oyetola. OBIORA's absence.
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Johnnyessence(m): 6:53pm On Jul 05, 2019
tuniski:

That was the basis for upholding Oyetola. OBIORA's absence.
please oga tuniski, stop replying him here. he's an Apc apologist that never think. obiora absence caused the pdp loss in the 2 court.
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by tuniski: 7:11pm On Jul 05, 2019
Johnnyessence:
please oga tuniski, stop replying him here. he's an Apc apologist that never think. obiora absence caused the pdp loss in the 2 court.
It appears like the Obiora sef did that on purpose. So sad. Judicial officer's absenteeism was punished on the litigant (pdp).
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by ejimatic: 7:15pm On Jul 05, 2019
contigiency:
As the battle between Gboyega Oyetola of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Senator Ademola Adeleke of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) comes to an end today, we bring you live updates of the proceedings. So stay tight.
My attention has been drawn to baseless proclamation online that today's judgement was based on judicial error.I respect everybody opinion on the matter.Though I am not a politician I think I should set the record straight on why today's judgement is all encompassing. To start with Adeleke s appeal appeal was divided into 4. 1. Obiorahs absence. 2. Objection to appeal court majority judgement 3 Confusion of electoral law and constitution on tribunal power to deduct votes 4 declaration that Adeleke won the election on 22 September .so no need of rerun. In their summation the Supreme court said on the hearing day that decision on 1 affects 2 while that of 3 will affect 4.This is where logic comes in...The supreme court ruled that Obiorahs absence made the entire tribunal siitting a nullity..It means the Supreme court agrees with the majority judgement of the appeal court.So issues 1 and 2 settled. Issues 1and2 are subsumed in 3 and 4.So if the Supreme court agrees with the majority decision of the appeal court that means all that the judgement of the appeal court in favour of the APC is acceptable to the Supreme court.That is why Adeleke s appeal is struck out...My submission here is understood by lawyers from both sides for they understood the logic behind the Supreme court judgement.
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Johnnyessence(m): 8:11pm On Jul 05, 2019
tuniski:

It appears like the Obiora sef did that on purpose. So sad. Judicial officer's absenteeism was punished on the litigant (pdp).
very true oga tuniski. obiora absence in the tribunal makes the appellant lost the case. it was in the appeal court ruling that I was informed about that. Infacts I was shocked when the people informed me about that.
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Johnnyessence(m): 8:11pm On Jul 05, 2019
ejimatic:
My attention has been drawn to baseless proclamation online that today's judgement was based on judicial error.I respect everybody opinion on the matter.Though I am not a politician I think I should set the record straight on why today's judgement is all encompassing. To start with Adeleke s appeal appeal was divided into 4. 1. Obiorahs absence. 2. Objection to appeal court majority judgement 3 Confusion of electoral law and constitution on tribunal power to deduct votes 4 declaration that Adeleke won the election on 22 September .so no need of rerun. In their summation the Supreme court said on the hearing day that decision on 1 affects 2 while that of 3 will affect 4.This is where logic comes in...The supreme court ruled that Obiorahs absence made the entire tribunal siitting a nullity..It means the Supreme court agrees with the majority judgement of the appeal court.So issues 1 and 2 settled. Issues 1and2 are subsumed in 3 and 4.So if the Supreme court agrees with the majority decision of the appeal court that means all that the judgement of the appeal court in favour of the APC is acceptable to the Supreme court.That is why Adeleke s appeal is struck out...My submission here is understood by lawyers from both sides for they understood the logic behind the Supreme court judgement.
INJUSTICE was SERVED...

Today was a sad day for Justice in Nigeria.
All over the World, especially in Common Law jurisdictions, the Supreme Court usually stand as the Guardian of the Constitution. But unfortunately in Nigeria, the Supreme Court of today will rather prefer to stand for technical issues rather than Justice and the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria of 1999 as amended. Or how else do you explain the decision of the majority in the Supreme Court of today. Hon Justice Rhodes Vivour who read the lead judgement only dealt with the issue of Hon Justice Obiora’s alleged absence from the tribunal proceedings on the 6th February (only 1day) as the only ratio for disallowing the appeal. It is trite that he who allergies must prove the allegation. Chief Wole Olanipekun SAN counsel to the respondent did not file any affidavit to the effect that Justice Obiora was indeed absent from the proceedings of the 6th February 2019, this would have allowed Justice Obiora and the secretary to the tribunal to respond with their own affidavit so as to know the true position whether Justice Obiora attended or not. Yet Justice Rhodes Vivour based his entire decision on this and the other four Justices(Justice Tanko Mohammed,Justice Sanusi,Justice Kekere Ekun and Justice Abba Aji) agreed. However, Justice Akaahs and Justice Galinje disagreed. They both pointed out its only a sworn affidavit by counsel to the respondents that could have shown the details. The duo went further after punching the absence scenario by stating the rationale for allowing the appeal. Justice Galinje stated categorically that Senator Ademola had won the election to the office of Governor of Osun State on the 22nd of September 2018 in accordance with section 179 (2 )(a&b) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999. These two are the angel Guardians of the Constitution of the Federal Republic which is the primary function of any Supreme Court. Justice Galinje stated that there was no reason whatsoever for the re run of the 27th September 2018 election. Section 179 2a&b of the constitution of the Federal Republic has stated the provisions for the emergence of a Governor and that the returning officer does not have the power to order such re run. I dare to say the majority of the Supreme Court goofed, infact it appears there’s more that catches the eye. It is pertinent to state that in a panel of seven justices of the Supreme Court (about half of the Court) no Justices was found suitable from the south east, south south and only the ones from the south west had to come from Lagos. Is it for obvious reasons? It is a sad day for Justice. To me this is another version of June 12.

1 Like

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by jom28gy(m): 11:38pm On Jul 05, 2019
who wins now?
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Wisdomsureodd39: 6:12am On Jul 06, 2019
jom28gy:
who wins now?

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by sunmike065(m): 7:02am On Jul 06, 2019
Johnnyessence:

INJUSTICE was SERVED...

Today was a sad day for Justice in Nigeria.
All over the World, especially in Common Law jurisdictions, the Supreme Court usually stand as the Guardian of the Constitution. But unfortunately in Nigeria, the Supreme Court of today will rather prefer to stand for technical issues rather than Justice and the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria of 1999 as amended. Or how else do you explain the decision of the majority in the Supreme Court of today. Hon Justice Rhodes Vivour who read the lead judgement only dealt with the issue of Hon Justice Obiora’s alleged absence from the tribunal proceedings on the 6th February (only 1day) as the only ratio for disallowing the appeal. It is trite that he who allergies must prove the allegation. Chief Wole Olanipekun SAN counsel to the respondent did not file any affidavit to the effect that Justice Obiora was indeed absent from the proceedings of the 6th February 2019, this would have allowed Justice Obiora and the secretary to the tribunal to respond with their own affidavit so as to know the true position whether Justice Obiora attended or not. Yet Justice Rhodes Vivour based his entire decision on this and the other four Justices(Justice Tanko Mohammed,Justice Sanusi,Justice Kekere Ekun and Justice Abba Aji) agreed. However, Justice Akaahs and Justice Galinje disagreed. They both pointed out its only a sworn affidavit by counsel to the respondents that could have shown the details. The duo went further after punching the absence scenario by stating the rationale for allowing the appeal. Justice Galinje stated categorically that Senator Ademola had won the election to the office of Governor of Osun State on the 22nd of September 2018 in accordance with section 179 (2 )(a&b) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999. These two are the angel Guardians of the Constitution of the Federal Republic which is the primary function of any Supreme Court. Justice Galinje stated that there was no reason whatsoever for the re run of the 27th September 2018 election. Section 179 2a&b of the constitution of the Federal Republic has stated the provisions for the emergence of a Governor and that the returning officer does not have the power to order such re run. I dare to say the majority of the Supreme Court goofed, infact it appears there’s more that catches the eye. It is pertinent to state that in a panel of seven justices of the Supreme Court (about half of the Court) no Justices was found suitable from the south east, south south and only the ones from the south west had to come from Lagos. Is it for obvious reasons? It is a sad day for Justice. To me this is another version of June 12.

Okay

Even Adeleke sef don move on..
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Afamed: 2:44pm On Jul 06, 2019
Johnnyessence:
As if you never read what justice Rhode read. stop being hyprocrite here. SC ruled based on absence of Justice obiora in one sitting in the tribunal court then. the whole world knows that. post your own source. maybe you should go and post thenationonlineng newspaper source.
Keep quiet, the both parties will still be served with the full court ruling on the case

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wike Bans Meeting Of Igbo Group In Oyigbo, Rivers State / Akan Imoh, 27-Year-Old Contesting For Lagos State House Of Assembly. Pics / Senate Rejects Tinubu's Bill Seeking Special Grants For Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.