Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,992 members, 7,828,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) (39250 Views)

Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Aregbesola Reacts To Supreme Court Ruling / Oyetola VRS Adeleke: Supreme Court Panel Members Named / Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by ejimatic: 10:15am On Jul 05, 2019
contigiency:
As the battle between Gboyega Oyetola of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Senator Ademola Adeleke of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) comes to an end today, we bring you live updates of the proceedings. So stay tight.
. Oyetola wins at the Supreme Court.
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by maasoap(m): 10:16am On Jul 05, 2019
Tolexander:
so so dilemmic on the issue of Osun State election affair.

I want Gboyega Oyetola to continue seating and enjoying the sh¡t Aregbesola left on the seat, impoverishing the state.

But Adeleke must take his mandate, though not fit for the post

Mention your state.

1 Like

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Idrisk19(m): 10:16am On Jul 05, 2019
frankmoney:
Oyetola has been declared winner ?

YES
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Jchi9876: 10:16am On Jul 05, 2019
Afamed:

How far?

Johnnyessence From Edo, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Kwara to presidential you have been losing

Baba otoge retire from political analysis no be your calling

You done disappeAr now to Appear again during another election

1 Like

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Johnnyessence(m): 10:17am On Jul 05, 2019
Jchi9876:

From Edo, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Kwara to presidential you have been losing

Baba otoge retire from political analysis no be your calling

You done disappeAr now to Appear again during another election
you are not serious. the appeal was dismissed due to absence of Justice obiora in one of the sittings in the tribunal.
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Tolexander: 10:19am On Jul 05, 2019
maasoap:

Mention your state.
Osun is my state.

Mention your own state and if you have ever been to Osun State before
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by maasoap(m): 10:21am On Jul 05, 2019
fantasticone1:

The guy is not develoinde anything. No major projects for 7 months and he is as quiet as anything. So no hope for the retirees and the workers' arrears. But since he can't be opposed, then the people of osun should "enjoy" the remaining 3 years.

We're not complaining. Only if you know the thousands of people that this judgement would have affected negatively had it favoured Mr Dundee Ade Dancer, you wouldn't be here yearning trash.

2 Likes

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by lastmessenger: 10:22am On Jul 05, 2019
Afamed:

Keep quiet. I know the usage more than you. This is my 15 years in the east
you are in the east for fifteen years? I'm sure you are referring to eastern Oshogbo.
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Jchi9876: 10:23am On Jul 05, 2019
Johnnyessence:
you are not serious. the appeal was dismissed due to absence of Justice obiora in one of the sittings in the tribunal.

Last last who won?
Wetin be scores?
No be you talk say his absence will not affect shishi

1 Like

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Jchi9876: 10:26am On Jul 05, 2019
Johnnyessence:

Retire abeg before you get heart attack.

Just dey sell your land I go support you by buying 3 plots but No bring pdp magomago land ooi
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by tuniski: 10:27am On Jul 05, 2019
Afamed:

How far?
Congratz to Apc/Oyetola
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by tuniski: 10:40am On Jul 05, 2019
Johnnyessence:
Brother it's unfortunate the absence of justice Obiora became the decider . Time to move on. I pray Osun people unite to reap whatever good that comes from Gov Oyetola.

2 Likes

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Afamed: 10:55am On Jul 05, 2019
tuniski:

Brother it's unfortunate the absence of justice Obiora became the decider . Time to move on. I pray Osun people unite to reap whatever good that comes from Gov Oyetola.
Thank God democracy is not on threat today

1 Like

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Ndamsondaniel: 11:02am On Jul 05, 2019
WITH JUST N4,999, YOU CAN REGISTER FOR ANY OF OUR ONLINE TRAINING: VISIT https:///2HTSWkG
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Ndamsondaniel: 11:03am On Jul 05, 2019
WITH JUST N4,999, YOU CAN REGISTER FOR ANY OF OUR ONLINE TRAINING: VISIT https:///2HTSWkG

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Ballack1(m): 11:05am On Jul 05, 2019
Election petition tribunal under my foot..
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Ballack1(m): 11:07am On Jul 05, 2019
We're not complaining. Only if you know the thousands of people that this judgement would have affected negatively had it favoured Mr Dundee Ade Dancer, you wouldn't be here yearning trash.
You are saying rubbish..
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by tuniski: 11:12am On Jul 05, 2019
Afamed:

Thank God democracy is not on threat today

Is that your mantra?
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by fantasticone1(m): 11:13am On Jul 05, 2019
maasoap:

No need to be harsh, just mention some of those that will be affected if Adeleke was declared winner.
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Afamed: 11:20am On Jul 05, 2019
tuniski:

Is that your mantra?
More of your national Anthem when court verdict does not go your way
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by tuniski: 11:23am On Jul 05, 2019
Afamed:

More of your national Anthem when court verdict does not go your way
Never mine. I am beyond such pettiness.
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by ejimatic: 11:28am On Jul 05, 2019
ejimatic:
..... the entire proceedings and the judgement of the Osun State Governorship Election Tribunal a nullity. I hereby set aside the entire proceedings including the judgement," she ruled.
Justice Sankey also faulted the tribunal's decision to declare the supplementary election as illegal as well as cancelling results of 17 polling units even though Adeleke did not prove over-voting took place.
She said, "The absence of proper ballot accounting in the Forms EC8A in the 17 polling units is not a substantial non-compliance and did not substantially affect the results of the election.
"The only appropriate order is for a rerun election as provided under section 140(2) of the Electoral Act but not to recompute the results of the election and proceed to declare the 1st respondent or any other person the winner of the election.
"The tribunal was in patent error when it set aside the rerun election especially when it found that the conduct of the rerun was not marred by malpractices and non-compliance with the Electoral Act, leading to the unwarranted disenfranchisement of the voters in the seven polling units."
Justices Abubakar Yahaya , Isaiah Akeju , and
Bitrus Sanga , agreed with Justice Sankey's. ....... The above except from the appeal court judgement sets a stage for the judgement at the supreme court on Friday. Arising questions are :Will the supreme court overrule itself? will the supreme court contradict itself? Will supreme court expunge section 140 and 250 of the constitution? Will supreme court set aside previous judgements on rerun elections and absence of the justice even in a day during hearing?Will the Supreme court not confirm Oyetola on Friday? Will the supreme court order rerun election in 17 polling units and 7polling units where rerun took place? Will the supreme court say constitution and electoral laws are not related again?Will the Supreme court overrule all its precedents relating to Osun election? The final decision is in the hand of CJN Tanko Mohammed and his team.As for me my personal opinion without reservation to anybody or any aggrieved individual or group is: The Supreme court will confirm Oyetola as governor or order a rerun in 17 contested poling units and 7 polling units where rerun took place.
. I have been vindicated..

2 Likes

Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by DarlingEmojist(m): 11:43am On Jul 05, 2019
Shey they are fighting boxing ni?
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by 7lives: 11:49am On Jul 05, 2019
EllsBaba:

How will you feel if it should be ur folks or any of your Relatives someone else is referring to same way?
I’m sorry but let us always spread love irrespective of our Race, Tribe, Religion or even Political Parties. Pls don’t get me wrong, i am just an Advocate of Peace

Don't beg him, what he wishes other, shall locate him by fire.
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Johnnyessence(m): 11:52am On Jul 05, 2019
SOUTH WEST PDP
PRESS STATEMENT

SUPREME COURT'S VERDICT ON OSUN ELECTION.
Today the long journey to get justice in respect of the last
Gubernatorial election finally got to its terminal with the
Supreme Court judgment which is said to be anchored on the
technicality of the absence of Justice Obiorah at the sittings of
February 6th.
The Party and our candidate have no further choice than to
abide with this ruling compulsorily, we will however remember
that we were robbed in that election, the result of which
President Muhammadu Buhari himself confirmed as being
"remote controlled" thus giving credence to the popular view
that the election was rigged.
We however congratulate our candidate, Senator Ademola
Adeleke, his family and entire Party members in Osun State
for pursuing there rights to the very end. Posterity will however
judge as history has taken good notice of all those who played
sinister role in Buhari's "remote controlled" victory of APC in

Osun State.
Ayo Fadaka
Zonal Publicity Secretary
South West
5th July 2019
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by buharitill2023: 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2019
timibare:
I pray Adeleke wins
God has answer your prayer
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Johnnyessence(m): 1:10pm On Jul 05, 2019
buharitill2023:
he has committed suicide
you will commit suicide if that's what you are saying here. I'm happy and I will always be happy cos' God almighty I serve dey my back.
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by kingjay1: 2:33pm On Jul 05, 2019
I don't understand the laws we run on in this country.
Absence of a Judge in one sitting?
Reason for awarding a judgement against... So its no longer evidence based or merit? What if this technicality was planned?
My Country Nigeria......

Johnnyessence:
SOUTH WEST PDP
PRESS STATEMENT

SUPREME COURT'S VERDICT ON OSUN ELECTION.
Today the long journey to get justice in respect of the last
Gubernatorial election finally got to its terminal with the
Supreme Court judgment which is said to be anchored on the
technicality of the absence of Justice Obiorah at the sittings of
February 6th.
The Party and our candidate have no further choice than to
abide with this ruling compulsorily, we will however remember
that we were robbed in that election, the result of which
President Muhammadu Buhari himself confirmed as being
"remote controlled" thus giving credence to the popular view
that the election was rigged.
We however congratulate our candidate, Senator Ademola
Adeleke, his family and entire Party members in Osun State
for pursuing there rights to the very end. Posterity will however
judge as history has taken good notice of all those who played
sinister role in Buhari's "remote controlled" victory of APC in

Osun State.
Ayo Fadaka
Zonal Publicity Secretary
South West
5th July 2019
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by Alejobs: 2:38pm On Jul 05, 2019
Money is good but don't loose your conscience!
Re: Oyetola Vs Adeleke: Supreme Court Ruling On Osun Governorship Election (Live) by akdjr(m): 3:34pm On Jul 05, 2019
In Enugu or Imo?qu author=Excaperx post=79955737]Adeleke will win[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Unizik Student, Chioma, Killed By Suspected IPOB Members (Photos, Video) / Enugu Flooded After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier After He Survived An Attack At His Base

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.