Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,920 members, 7,814,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

True Life Story That Got Me To Laptop Business, Read Laugh and Learn: 2011 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / True Life Story That Got Me To Laptop Business, Read Laugh and Learn: 2011 (865 Views)

Read, Laugh And Have Your Say On This Issiy / 24-Year-Old Man: "How My Beard Got Me Sugar Mummy In Lagos" / The Funny Story That Broke The Internet: You Will Surely Laugh (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Life Story That Got Me To Laptop Business, Read Laugh and Learn: 2011 by Goodypc: 10:50am On Jul 05, 2019
Today is the day to remember.
One thing about life you do not know. It happened earlier 2011. When I was about to finish my secondary education in
WISDOM COMPREHENSIVE COLLEGE ASO MARARABA. outskirt of Abuja.

My love for computer remains undefined till this day.
My elder sister sent me on an errand to deposit N15000 to my brother who was on his university education. He called me several times just to be sure if I will send the money and I assured him.

On my way going to the bank, this self-acclaimed foreigner (Igbo man�)Rushed to me. Please I'm a foreigner, I need your
help.. he is looking for one Reverend sister Mary. He lost in contact with the woman but he knew it's this place.( happening along mararaba express road) I came in with plenty of goods. At that spot, he promised to give me 50k
if directed him to that Reverend sister parish.

I was like, I'm not a Catholic member and I don't need such heavy money at that time. My sister could kill me if do not have a reasonable explanation on how I got it. I look very tiny and kiddish. He jumped to another promise. "I came with electronics that he will dash me one laptop from the box."

Goody head sparked.. Dash me laptop? I replied to him but honestly, I don't know this very Reverend sister. When I was about leaving him, another guy came in to deceived and lure me more of his scripted story.

Now the Igbo guy. You see a little boy. This foreigner can change our life for good if we strive to help him get to that woman. That he had heard about such name in ASO PADA. That both of us should take the foreigner to that parish. I felt reluctant, I told him I will get to the bank before the closing hour that I was on an errand when the foreigner met me.

He tapped me are you not an Igbo boy if not you look like one... I kept mute, I'm an Igbo boy but not fluent in the language. He went on and he said to me... this unkept foreigner can send me to school abroad. I should hold on to my elder brother. That from the money he will lure the man to give me. I can send 100k to my brother. My head was already heavy to contain such an unverified story.

Honestly one thing about fraud you don't know. How did the man come to know of these from the foreigner both of us just met? As a kid, my brain is not that active to reckon such a question. At the end he lured me. I Followed him with the self-acclaimed foreigner and we picked two bike men. When we got to Aso. One of the bike men said he was not going again... This is happening close to an uncompleted building.
The Igbo man was discussing with the two bike men... One of the bike men shouted, are you serious... Such a huge money...

Take note: the bike men, the Igbo guy and the self-acclaimed foreigner are on the same goal. One of the bike men pointed to an uncompleted building for us to sit and talk. The foreigner got angry why uncompleted building, his status is above this treat.
Goody was looking at them like a goat meant for sacrifice.
I walked to the Igbo man, I want to go back that I'm no longer interested. He assured me they are on it already that I should exercise patience.

We got to the uncompleted building. While on the go .. he said he needed 100k to clear his goods from Customs.
We are 4 now with the two bike men. The Igbo said he will bring 30k that remaining of us should gather the 70k... I stood and told them. I don't have money, I'm a secondary school student. What I have here is money my sister sent me on an errand. That I can't risk it now... My brother had called me several times today about this money. I lamented but at the end, I gave them the 15k. The Igbo guy came to me and assured me I won't regret my action.

Very long and sweet story.
One of them said we need a prayer for protection. A call was put to an idiot called himself a pastor. When he came we started praying on the building. He made a prophesy and called me a little liar. That there's money on my sister bag... I asked him is it your money, please don't call me a liar.
( i was very stubborn then.. please if you are stubborn please adjust, it takes you nowhere..arrogant and pride is a bastard.)
He instructed me to go home and bring the money...
I picked a bike and stopped at mararaba pedestrian bridge. About to pick another bike.. my body came afresh. I was like, let me go back there to confirm the precise amount to bring. .. when I got to the uncompleted building everywhere was deserted... I cried and I could not help it...

I saw a group of guys. Smoking and drinking...I asked for their assistance in pursuing the fraudsters with me. They're not part of the first men. It's another set of gangsters that they agreed to assist me.

Uncompleted buildings were everywhere in that area and still. When we got to another uncompleted building. I saw 3 of those guys with heavy stone approaching me. I was shocked, why are they getting close to me with those stones. Oh my gosh, this is another scam. They shouted at me, what do you have with you there... I said only this phone I have. One of them hit me on my forehead with the stone... Blood was gushing out. Crying could not withstand my fear of the unknown. They collected my Nokia E5 I bought 20k from errand savings. and 1k I had on my pocket.

What a life.
Those guys saw me in tears but still hunt me. From that spot, I knew that was the end.
I couldn't hold it... I went to a police station in Aso pada. When I got there. Imagine the policemen was just telling me stories... I should go home that I'm not the first... that was how they duped this one 500k, that was how they dupe that one 300k... I asked the policemen and you guys didn't make an arrest? from that spot, I knew my own has finished. A policewoman had pity on me and gave me N200 and cleaned my blood. I used the N200 transport myself back home. Battalion III(Nicon) mararaba.

Mararaba is a dead zone and still.

When I went home... I shared with my homies (friends). My sister didn't beat me or talk about it even up till this day...funny enough, they made jest of the story.. ".like only this one you have " nevertheless, I thought my homies will pity me but they made jest of everything. it was encouraging.

As I speak to you now.. what is laptop.?
I have seen, sold and still selling, used the highest gaming laptop. Learn from people's experiences.
please if you need sophisticated gaming laptop up to 8gb Nvidia graphics memory..let me know. I have them at affordable rates .. I'm very sad you got to learn this from me.

This is a gradual process in this life... what you don't have today, they will surely get to you if you strive, pray for them to come. Don't struggle to get it when your time comes, there's nothing going to stop it from getting to you. always seek from God. .. He's the doer of everything. Pray that when it comes you won't miss the chance... God created no man poor... although the fingers are not the same, and that does not mean that He made you poor.

Goody is mine...

3 Likes

Re: True Life Story That Got Me To Laptop Business, Read Laugh and Learn: 2011 by chido20(m): 11:12am On Jul 05, 2019
nice story... that's life for u, u got to learn from ur experience
Re: True Life Story That Got Me To Laptop Business, Read Laugh and Learn: 2011 by Goodypc: 11:21am On Jul 05, 2019
grin grin
chido20:
nice story... that's life for u, u got to learn from ur experience

I'm laughing today when i checked the date.
Re: True Life Story That Got Me To Laptop Business, Read Laugh and Learn: 2011 by jovialswag(m): 11:25am On Jul 05, 2019
Thanks for this story. mhen we really need to shine our eyes o
Re: True Life Story That Got Me To Laptop Business, Read Laugh and Learn: 2011 by chido20(m): 12:29pm On Jul 05, 2019
Goodypc:
grin grin
I'm laughing today when i checked the date.
lol i just realized that now
Re: True Life Story That Got Me To Laptop Business, Read Laugh and Learn: 2011 by Goodypc: 12:45pm On Jul 05, 2019
This is 6 years i have not been to mararaba.
Because of the unholy events going on that area.
Later came to know those guys that collected my phone...2of them got arrested for arm robbery. . Now serving jail sentence in keffi prison up till this moment. .
Evil don't pay.
Re: True Life Story That Got Me To Laptop Business, Read Laugh and Learn: 2011 by snnazzy24(m): 2:04pm On Jul 05, 2019
I had a similar experience from way back living in Ajegunle Lagos, it was a Sunday afternoon, I was sent home from church to get some stuffs and get back immidietaly because I was one of those who will be playing drum as it was a Palm Sunday and our church was going on a display within the Boundary axis of Ajegunle, I was given T.fare so I could get back early but I decided to use my leggediz Benz, as I was hurrying home this guy corner me with their normal foreign langua, claim to be from Liberia and Sierra Leone, he was looking for where he could get a bus to Apapa, because I was in a rush, I just pointed towards a direction where he should be able to get bus to wherever part of Lagos he was going to and kept walking, before I could hit 10 more steps another guyman don corner me with Bible preaching on how it's necessary as Christians to help those who come to us for help, he then try to persuade me that we should help that foreigner coz I know how people might want to take advantage of him especially here in Lagos, I was touched and decided to hear the self acclaimed Liberian foreigner, he immediately started telling us how he brought some goods from Liberia, he's a sailor and how our president Obasanjo were friends with their ship captain, how they played table tennis onboard with Obasanjo and many more interesting stories, he then asked that we follow him to a particular street so he can show us some of his good where he dropped them, we joined him to one street there in Ajegunle, he started promising us phones, laptops, camcorder and many fancy things, I had just finished my secondary education so I became so much interested in those stuff, we actually got to a house and he asked us to wait, he went in, brought out three blank looking papers, he called it a film and said he has about 1 million copies and some promised to buy them for a certain amount if after washing it and it turns out to be footballer or pregnant women, nothing makes sense but all I was interested in was getting those stuffs he promised us if we can help him, we held the blank paper while he went in to get other items, a black nylon, sachet water, Omo washing powder and a small bottle containing liquid substance , he emptied the water into the nylon, poured the liquid substance from the small bottle, added the Omo washing powder and finally dipped the blank papers inside, asked me to hold it and after 3 minutes we can check if it will be a football player or a pregnant woman, lo and behold after 3/4 minutes the blank papers had turned into Nigeria Currencies of #50, #20 and #5, we were shocked and stunned, when he came and asked us what the papers had turned to, we said Naira and it's an offence to print the Nigeria currency, all along the Christian brother was playing along my direction, me self don forget the message wey dem send me, I wanted to make some money for myself, the guy immediately poured the water away and was begging us not to have him arrested, he said we can print all the papers and share the money equally amongst us, I became more interested and said but he shouldn't have thrown away that water so we can use it to print more, that was where the scamming started, he said the water can't be used again because it can't print again, we have to get that liquid substance in the small bottle and we have to get a carton of it from Tolu Medical(those of us who lived in Ajegunle would know this place) it's a very big hospital located in Boundary and had a branch along Alaba Suru road, a carton of it is 70k so I have to bring like 20k or 30k to support, immidietaly the Christian brother promised to bring 30k, I told them I don't have a dime and had no hope coz I was living with my Aunt who don't keep money in the House, at that stage I knew was wasting my time and their time coz they wouldn't get a dime from me, they said we have to take an oath so nobody will leak our secret, we have to bind the oath with all the money in our possession, I had #120 with me but I brought out only #70, the Christian brother brought out #200 and we added the #75 that was printed and we all swore an oath, then they started pressuring me on going to break my Aunt's room, they said i will see money there in her box and wardrobe, thankfully I was exposed to know about such scam but my greed got the best of me else on a normal day I wouldn't even be there with them, after so much pressure, I decided to play a fast one on him, I told him to give me his phone so I can call them to keep the house key for me, the guy said he doesn't have airtime, j said I will buy airtime and they looked at me with surprised asking if I had another money with me, I said no but I have a friend who sells card here there in Boundary and he can give me for credit to pay later, the guy refused and asked me to go that I will meet someone at home, I said ok, but he should give me my money so I can use to pay transport, na there them know say them jam rock, na once the Liberian foreigner turn to Naija man, he say "oboy uya common run comot for here b4 I burst ur head" me self I no gree o coz I was insisting he give me back my money we used in swearing oath, as the guy throw blow na so I dodge am, he con start to pursue me, I ran to a radio repairer in the same street but the man there pursue me sharpaly, the Liberian man was still coming after me but luckily a man carrying a baby held me and asked what happened, I explained to him, he laughed and said ur head dey game, you strong. he then asked the Liberian man to let me be and that was how I started running back to church, I couldn't go home based on time factor, i lied i had misplaced the keys to the house and had been looking for it, they scolded me but I never revealed what happened, na so I just jejely carry my drum and journey to Galilee begin, funny enough we had to go through the same street where everything happened, I saw the guy and immidietaly went into the crowd playing my drum. Every time I remember the incident I laugh out loud.

2 Likes

Re: True Life Story That Got Me To Laptop Business, Read Laugh and Learn: 2011 by Goodypc: 2:25pm On Jul 05, 2019
snnazzy24:
I had a similar experience from way back living in Ajegunle Lagos, it was a Sunday afternoon, I was sent home from church to get some stuffs and get back immidietaly because I was one of those who will be playing drum as it was a Palm Sunday and our church was going on a display within the Boundary axis of Ajegunle, I was given T.fare so I could get back early but I decided to use my leggediz Benz, as I was hurrying home this guy corner me with their normal foreign langua, claim to be from Liberia and Sierra Leone, he was looking for where he could get a bus to Apapa, because I was in a rush, I just pointed towards a direction where he should be able to get bus to wherever part of Lagos he was going too and kept walking, before I could hit 10 more steps another guyman don corner me with Bible preaching on how it's necessary as Christians to help those who come to us for help, he then try to persuade me that we should help that foreigner coz I know how people might want to take advantage of him especially here in Lagos, I was touched and decided to hear the self acclaimed Liberian foreigner, he immediately started telling how he brought some goods from Liberia, he's a sailor and how our president Obasanjo was friend with their ship captain, how they played table tennis onboard with Obasanjo and many more interesting stories, he then asked that we follow him to a particular street so he can show us some of his good where he dropped them, we joined him to one street there in Ajegunle, he started promising us phones, laptops, camcorder and many fancy things, I had just finished my secondary education so I became so much interested in those stuff, we actually got to a house and he asked us to wait, he went in, brought out three blank looking papers, he called it a film and said he has about 1 million copies and some promised to buy them for a certain amount if after washing it and it turns out to be footballer or pregnant women, nothing makes sense but all I was interested in was getting those stuff he promised us if we can help him, we held the blank paper while he went in to get other items, a black nylon, sachet water, Omo washing powder and a small bottle containing liquid, he emptied the water into the nylon, poured the liquid substance from the small bottle, added the Omo washing powder and finally dipped the blank papers inside, asked me to hold it and after 3 minutes we can check if it will be a football player or a pregnant woman, lo and behold after 3/4 minutes the plank papers had turned into Nigeria Currencies of #50, #20 and #5, we were shocked and stunned, when he came and asked us what the papers had turned to, we said Naira and it's an offence to print the Nigeria currency, all along the Christian brother was playing along my direction, me self don forget the message dey dem send me, I wanted to make some money for myself, the guy immediately poured the water away and was begging us not to have him arrested, he said we can print all the papers and share the money equally amongst us, I became more interested and said but he shouldn't have thrown away that water so we can use it to print more, that was where the scamming started, he said the water can't be used again because it can't print again, we have to get that liquid substance in the small bottle and we have to get a carton of it from Tolu Medical(those of us who lived in Ajegunle would know this place) it's a very big hospital located in Boundary and has a branch along Alaba Suru road, a carton of it is 70k so I have to bring like 20k or 30k to support, immidietaly the Christian brother promised to bring 30k, I told them I don't have a dime and had no hope coz I was living with my Aunt who don't keep money in the House, at that stage I knew was wasting my time and their time coz they wouldn't get a dime from me, they said we have to take an oath so nobody will leak our secret, we have to bind the oath with all the money in our possession, I had #120 with me but I brought out only #70, the Christian brother brought out #200 and we added the #75 that was printed and we all swore an oath, then they started pressuring me on going to break my Aunt's room, they said i will see money there in her box and wardrobe, thankfully I was exposed to know about such scam but my greed got the best of me else on a normal day I wouldn't even be there with them, after so much pressure, I decided to play a fast one on him, I told him to give me his phone so I can call them to keep the house key for me, the guy said he doesn't have airtime, j said I will buy airtime and they looked at me with surprised asking if I had another money with me, I said no but I have a friend who sells card here there in Boundary and he can give me for credit to pay later, the guy refused and asked me to go that I will meet someone at home, I said ok, but he should give me my money so I can use to pay transport, na there them know say them jam rock, na once the Liberian foreigner turn to Naija man, he say "oboy common run comot for here b4 I burst ur head" me self I no gree o coz I was insisting he give me back my money, as the guy throw blow na so I dodge am, he con start to pursue me, I ran to to a radio repairer in the same street but the man pursue me, the Liberian man was still coming after me but luckily a man carrying a baby held me and asked what happened, I explained to him, he laughed and said ur head dey game, you strong. he asked the Liberian man to let me be and that was how I started running back to church, I couldn't go home based on time factor, i lied i had misplaced the keys to the house and had been looking for it, they scolded me but I never revealed what happened, na so I just jejely carry my drum and journey to Galilee begin, funny enough we had to go through the same street where everything happened, I saw the guy and immidietaly went into the crowd playing my drum. Every time I remember the incident I laugh out loud.

Very funny.

If i may ask, where are they now...I'm laughing today because i remembered the date. I'm better of and build now
Re: True Life Story That Got Me To Laptop Business, Read Laugh and Learn: 2011 by snnazzy24(m): 2:58pm On Jul 05, 2019
Goodypc:

Very funny.

If i may ask, where are they now...I'm laughing today because i remembered the date. I'm better of and build now

Yeah it's funny, it happened a long time ago I think some time around 2005, the crazy thing is I have approached several times by these scammers, another funny one happened to me Ughelli Delta state, that was in my university days back 2010 but still got nothing from me except my wasted time, I have had dealings with them on different occasions even at Benin but like I said, I'm lucky to be exposed and never let my guards down. Thankfully you made it and bounced back better.
Re: True Life Story That Got Me To Laptop Business, Read Laugh and Learn: 2011 by Goodypc: 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2019
lol
Re: True Life Story That Got Me To Laptop Business, Read Laugh and Learn: 2011 by Goodypc: 12:09pm On Jul 07, 2019
Re: True Life Story That Got Me To Laptop Business, Read Laugh and Learn: 2011 by Shinner2010(m): 12:48pm On Jul 07, 2019
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

"Help! Anytime I Smell Her Perf It Takes Me Back To That Night Mechanic Recounts / Some Of The Tribes With The Most Expensive Bride Price In Nigeria. / Who Trained This Girl How To Handle A Man Penis Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.