Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) (59062 Views)

Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. / A Nairalander Buys A Big Puff Adder Along Akure-Ekiti Road, Butchers & Cooks It / A Nairalander Cooks Egusi Soup London Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by ojkalito(m): 9:08am On Jul 06, 2019
toms55:
Perhaps he is being sarcastic. This is clearly a pouched rat
He is blindly arguing, I am so use to seeing this rat while growing up and I never for once thought it to be a rabbit and never ate it. I always knew it was another rat specie

2 Likes

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Ralph2211(m): 9:09am On Jul 06, 2019
Dis is what we called Bush rat. D tail is always white at d tail end.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by ijabiken1(m): 9:10am On Jul 06, 2019
Atikuorbuhari:
Man who caught rat in his living room decided to utilize the rat to become something very edible, he prepared it and took it with his rice.

See photos...

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/07/see-food-this-man-made-with-rat-he.html

that is not a rat,it called rabbit (okete)
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 06, 2019
Tufiakwa
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by ibkayee(f): 9:10am On Jul 06, 2019
lilfreezy:
Naija sha. I see a lot of so-called educated people here calling that a rabbit grin. That is a fúcking rat and a rodent for that matter. Rabbit are not rodent, the physical characteristics are there for all to see undecided

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by BigBrother9ja: 9:11am On Jul 06, 2019
Tolexander:
This is “okete” in yoruba
Pouch rat in English language

Not so big anyway.
Pouch kor, bag ni
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Born2Breed(f): 9:12am On Jul 06, 2019
toms55:
Says a fool who can't even hold an intelligent conversation without insults. Anuofia

...using the words "arguing blindly.. " intelligent conversation?

No wonder slapping your parents in the morning is greetings to you.

What a ninny!
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Dearlord(m): 9:12am On Jul 06, 2019
Who do I believe now?
In my own dialect we call it "Eyi"
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by BigBrother9ja: 9:13am On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:

Bros i know, what i am saying is has our hunters ever killed or caught what they made us call a rabbit?
Yes. Definitely
Stop arguing nonsensically and ignorantly.

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Olorunnim: 9:13am On Jul 06, 2019
Nigerians arguing what rabbit is early Morning
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by abayomilaws(m): 9:14am On Jul 06, 2019
This is a Grass cutter Jor. It is different from either rat, or rabbit, or mouse. Okete in Yoruba
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by oluwazoba25: 9:14am On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:
This is rabbit and not rat. What Oyinbo call rabbit is not found in our environment, so what do we now call rabbit.

We can't use Oyinbo definition of their rabbit as our own rabbit. The white tip tail rodent is our rabbit. Shikena!
it is called African giant rat

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Wettoid123: 9:15am On Jul 06, 2019
Bloogers and fake news that rat on the floor does not look like that roasted one,,,that roasted one is rabbit for crying out load!

2 Likes

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by toms55(m): 9:15am On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:

...using the words "arguing blindly.. " intelligent conversation?

No wonder slapping your parents in the morning is greetings to you.

What a ninny!
I shouldn't be arguing with someone who can't state correctly which animal is a rat and which one is a rabbit that's a stain on my status. Keep dwelling in your ignorance. Afaanu

3 Likes

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Chrisus(m): 9:15am On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:
This is rabbit and not rat. What Oyinbo call rabbit is not found in our environment, so what do we now call rabbit.

We can't use Oyinbo definition of their rabbit as our own rabbit. The white tip tail rodent is our rabbit. Shikena!

Rabbit? Are you being serious right now?

3 Likes

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by kevoh(m): 9:15am On Jul 06, 2019
tartarus:
Is it that most people on nairaland aren't enlightened?!. Wtf this is a RAT, a big unhygienic, city RAT! This is not a rabbit or a hare!! Use Google undecided
What kind of ignorance is this?!
Ignorance with pride. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by valirex: 9:16am On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:

Nice one, so correct.
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by dayveed1(m): 9:17am On Jul 06, 2019
ojkalito:
He is blindly arguing, I am so use to seeing this rat while growing up and I never for once thought it to be a rabbit and never ate it. I always knew it was another rat specie
Lol bro this particular one is hardly seen during the day most hunters use traps to kill them.... Always in its hole.. It's a bad omen when you come across one during the day "as believed in some parts of the yoruba tribe".. There's another one brownish in color that one is commonly seen (Emo) and not as big as this one (Okete) I might not know their English names but I can differentiate them.. I have seen alot abd killed alot of them too when I was young.
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by toms55(m): 9:17am On Jul 06, 2019
ijabiken1:
that is not a rat,it called rabbit (okete)
if rabbit is okete what do you call "Ehoro" ? I may be wrong tho
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Bridget95(f): 9:18am On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:

Rabbit or heir has two long ears.Rat is the small one that looks like a mouse and the big one is called giant rat

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Mosco100(m): 9:18am On Jul 06, 2019
Genesis 9
3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. 4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Acts 15
29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Hoodbilonia: 9:19am On Jul 06, 2019
I got one rabbit terrorising ne
Men see suya
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by GMbuharii: 9:20am On Jul 06, 2019
Chai!
This man don give sophisticated Coneheads hope o..
grin
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Timisamd(m): 9:20am On Jul 06, 2019
bluebay:
Nigga. That’s a Rabbit. The tip of the tail is white

Nope ..
That rat .. It called ekete

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by toms55(m): 9:20am On Jul 06, 2019
Bridget95:
Rabbit or heir has two long ears.Rat is the small one that looks like a mouse and the big one is called giant rat
Teaching an adult like a kindergarten all because of his ignorance with pride grin Please teach him some more clearly with pictures this time

2 Likes

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by thinkmoney(m): 9:22am On Jul 06, 2019
Atikuorbuhari:
Man who caught rat in his living room decided to utilize the rat to become something very edible, he prepared it and took it with his rice.

See photos...

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/07/see-food-this-man-made-with-rat-he.html

una sabi argue for nairaland oh. that ain't rabbit. rabbit is known for its long ears. the bigger cousin is called Hare.
I don't no if that is a pouch rat or not, but its a specie of rat

3 Likes

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by foster212: 9:22am On Jul 06, 2019
Una chop rat finish, come dey find different posh name to give am? Hmm!
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Lexusgs430: 9:23am On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:

Professor of Rabbit.......... Den born u 2 breed rabbits...... grin

2 Likes

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by ojkalito(m): 9:23am On Jul 06, 2019
dayveed1:
Lol bro this particular one is hardly seen during the day most hunters use traps to kill them.... Always in its hole.. It's a bad omen when you come across one during the day "as believed in some parts of the yoruba tribe".. There's another one brownish in color that one is commonly seen (Emo) and not as big as this one (Okete) I might not know their English names but I can differentiate them.. I have seen alot abd killed alot of them too when I was young.
we smoke them out from their hole during the day and I know guys who drags them out with bare hands. In Delta we don't consider it a bad omen but they hardly come out in day time like you rightly said. I just enjoy enjoy the hunt but never ate the meat

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Kiloseria: 9:23am On Jul 06, 2019
Rabbit in Yoruba language is Ehoro, pouch rat is okete. We also have ikun a stubborn animal some people do call it rabbit but the main rabbit is Ehoro in Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by dayveed1(m): 9:24am On Jul 06, 2019
Megatrix:
Looks delicious
very delicious cheesy
With good palmwine Lord Jesus cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) / Which Food Should I Eat To Get A Little Bit Fat? / Fisherman Caught A Manatee In Akassa, Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.