Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) (59104 Views)

Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. / A Nairalander Buys A Big Puff Adder Along Akure-Ekiti Road, Butchers & Cooks It / A Nairalander Cooks Egusi Soup London Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 06, 2019
Okete/Rabbit no dey sweet abeg. E get how it take dey smell wey people no like. It even dey turn person 4 night
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Horlawoomey(m): 9:51am On Jul 06, 2019
Below is a pouch rat

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Horlawoomey(m): 9:52am On Jul 06, 2019
This is a rat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by dayveed1(m): 9:52am On Jul 06, 2019
We eat everything as long as it is captured and killed in the Bush.. Even Bats grin

We are even healthier than most people forming rubbish here cheesy

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 06, 2019
What about lassa fever?

There is an outbreak of lasses fever in Nigeria last yr and medical personnels warned people against eating rats, yet an educated person isn't ashamed of posting how he cooked it cry

If u so much want to eat bush meat, look for one that isn't deadly but not rat cry

2 Likes

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by freshMallam1122: 9:58am On Jul 06, 2019
my Benue brothers don't Everly wanna set thier eyes on this rodent called rat.. they will finish it in a second
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by godG: 9:58am On Jul 06, 2019
Tolexander:
Emo is brown.

Seems like you don’t know okete

Lol. Ẹmọ́ doesn't necessarily have to be brown. They come in different shades. Plus look at the pic very well, it's not totally black.

Òkété is way bigger than that. I know what I am saying. Hunting was a cherished part of my childhood. I have killed many òkété before. Only days-old òkété can look like that. Or you mean èkúté?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by seanjy4konji: 9:58am On Jul 06, 2019
MEET FULL EVERYWHERE NI SHA.
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Jaqenhghar: 9:58am On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:
This is rabbit and not rat. What Oyinbo call rabbit is not found in our environment, so what do we now call rabbit.

We can't use Oyinbo definition of their rabbit as our own rabbit. The white tip tail rodent is our rabbit. Shikena!
Who is 'we'?

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by hakm5: 10:02am On Jul 06, 2019
Tolexander:
This is “okete” in yoruba
Pouch rat in English language

Not so big anyway.

Gambia pouched rat.

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 10:02am On Jul 06, 2019
Tolexander:

Not so big anyway.
okete in living room, are you OK?
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Menance: 10:04am On Jul 06, 2019
uuzba:

I love them. They know how to live close to nature.
The rest of you,they have to import food from London before you eat.

Yes we know they know how to live close to nature and has been living in nature grin grin
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Tolexander: 10:05am On Jul 06, 2019
godG:

Lol. Ẹmọ́ doesn't necessarily have to be brown. They come in different shades. Plus look at the pic very well, it's not totally black.

Òkété is way bigger than that. I know what I am saying. Hunting was a cherished part of my childhood. I have killed many òkété before. Only days-old òkété can look like that. Or you mean èkúté?
lemme burst your balls!

See the latter part of the tail. Only okete has that white color at the latter tail part, not emo.
That is what yoruba elders do call “ase okete”. They believe if you cut it and place it beside trap over the night, you will catch another one.

That is a juvenile okete, animals aren’t born big.

Moreover, you hardly see emo in the house, cos they hardly come near the house but in a bush and they aren’t nocturnal. Okete is nocturnal.

All these things made up my childhood experience. So don’t tell me you have the monopoly of the experience

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by grandstar(m): 10:09am On Jul 06, 2019
saheedbadmus:
op am sure u go enjoy dis okete meeeen...

madam, dat aint rabbit..we av rabbits here also no b only oyinbo get rabbit ..even we Yoruba categorize rabbit as a bush meat(eran igbe) and we have pep rearing rabbits here also.its been sold very well and its nutritious..this is a rat and its called okete in Yoruba..

What people call rabbit here most times is really Bush rat. Why

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by dayveed1(m): 10:10am On Jul 06, 2019
godG:

that is okete...the one OP killed is Still young that's why.. I could tell because I have once rare three Oketes before.. We killed their parents they were so young and they could barely see. I took them home and gave them shelter lol cheesy everyone said that they won't survive but they did.. When they were 6 weeks old they have the same size as the One OP posted.. So I know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by hakm5: 10:11am On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:

Almost similar, in mine it's called "Ohehe" pronounceed O HEY HEY But that's suppose to be the name for Hare.

I had this discussion with my uncle long ago and he was kind of dismissive.

An animal was killed and what they killed was a hare but they said its a rabbit, I asked what is the real name of rabbit but I was showe

I'm not trying to argue but my point is despite my love for bush meat, I have NEVER seen what they calls a rabbit aside those reared.

Another question please, what us a hare in your dialect?

Hare and rabbit.

And pouched rat

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by dayveed1(m): 10:11am On Jul 06, 2019
Tolexander:
lemme burst your balls!

See the latter part of the tail. Only okete has that white color at the latter tail part, not emo.
That is what yoruba elders do call “ase okete”. They believe if you cut it and place it beside trap over the night, you will catch another one.

Moreover, you hardly see emo in the house, cos they hardly come near the house but in a bush and they aren’t nocturnal. Okete is nocturnal.

All these things made up my childhood experience. So don’t tell me you have the monopoly of the experience
exactly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by eventsmallchops: 10:18am On Jul 06, 2019
so , you are eating your neighbor! your roommate to be precise , cheesy Ah!

2 Likes

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 10:20am On Jul 06, 2019
Atikuorbuhari:
Man who caught rat in his living room decided to utilize the rat to become something very edible, he prepared it and took it with his rice.

See photos...

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/07/see-food-this-man-made-with-rat-he.html

It's not possible. The one on the ground is a rat,while the one on the sink is bush meat. How can someone eat rat without the fear of lassa fever

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 10:21am On Jul 06, 2019
Tolexander:

Not so big anyway.
that's a lie.... It's called African giant rat
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by shogz89: 10:21am On Jul 06, 2019
ijabiken1:
that is not a rat,it called rabbit (okete)
oga okete is not rabbit.. Rabbit is ehoro

2 Likes

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by ADMAF(m): 10:22am On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:
This is rabbit and not rat. What Oyinbo call rabbit is not found in our environment, so what do we now call rabbit.

We can't use Oyinbo definition of their rabbit as our own rabbit. The white tip tail rodent is our rabbit. Shikena!
I no knw say e easy lik dis to recognize una wey neva live for village b4 o.... So una neva see rabbits b4 and have to substitute them with rats angry grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by dayveed1(m): 10:24am On Jul 06, 2019
Bouncingbabyboy:
that's a lie.... It's called African giant rat
Lol Another name for Pouched rat is African giant rat...

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by davodyguy: 10:26am On Jul 06, 2019
Tolexander:
”ehoro” or “eworo”

Yours will also have, only if you don’t know it
or emo
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 10:27am On Jul 06, 2019
dayveed1:
Lol Another name for Pouched rat is African giant rat...
OK thanks for the correction lol
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by YoungBlackRico(m): 10:38am On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Iseoluwani: 11:01am On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:

That's not a rabbit. Check my signature and you see rabbit. Rabbit has a short hairy tail.

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Graduateacher(f): 11:05am On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:

Bros i know, what i am saying is has our hunters ever killed or caught what they made us call a rabbit?

Something I have in my compound? it's like you live in a remote part of the country

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Graduateacher(f): 11:07am On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:

Well I've not seen it, the only close call was a Hare.

Have you seen one?

Ordinary rabbit you've not seen shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by godG: 11:10am On Jul 06, 2019
Tolexander:
lemme burst your balls!

Okay then. I think the words in bold clarify it. Juvenile òkété. Lol. I know ase, sir.

Haha, no one is talking about having "the monopoly of the experience", brother. And you don't have to "burst [my] balls". What have they done to you to deserve bursting them? cry

It's not that deep na. Abi, there is money involved in it ni? cheesy

Thanks for clarifying.
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by godG: 11:11am On Jul 06, 2019
dayveed1:
that is okete...the one OP killed is Still young that's why.. I could tell because I have once rare three Oketes before.. We killed their parents they were so young and they could barely see. I took them home and gave them shelter lol cheesy everyone said that they won't survive but they did.. When they were 6 weeks old they have the same size as the One OP posted.. So I know.

Thank you. I think this addresses my reservations. I never see juvenile òkété before. Back in the days, we usually hunt big ones. Great memories!

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Sunsets: 11:16am On Jul 06, 2019
Nkele bu oke oooo
Atikuorbuhari:
Man who caught rat in his living room decided to utilize the rat to become something very edible, he prepared it and took it with his rice.

See photos...

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/07/see-food-this-man-made-with-rat-he.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) / Fisherman Caught A Manatee In Akassa, Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) / World Jollof Rice Day: The Creativity Of Jollof Rice In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.