Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Five Wrong Reasons For Fasting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five Wrong Reasons For Fasting (199 Views)

4 Times Bishop Oyedepo Made Headlines For The Wrong Reasons / Six Wrong Reasons For Attending Church / Wrong Reasons For Fasting: Don't Fast For These Five Reasons (Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Wrong Reasons For Fasting by TundeKorede: 6:30am On Jul 06, 2019
Many believers have seen fasting and prayer as an instrument that will force God to give them their heart desire. People fast for several reasons; some fast because they feel they must fast atleast once in a week(religion), some fast to display their spiritual capability and endowment to other believers who hardly fast and some believers fast in order to receive answers to their prayers by force. However, by the help of the Holy Spirit, I have come up with five wrong reasons for fasting. Take your seat and calmly read and digest this article.

FIVE WRONG REASONS FOR FASTING

• TO KILL THE DEVIL
I have heard of a believer who was observed a 40-day fast with the only aim of killing the devil. He said he believed by the end of his fasting and prayer the devil would died. Till today the devil has not died. Today, I believe there are some people who believe that the fervency of their fasting and prayer will kill the devil.....

Continue reading here; http://www.tundekorede.com/five-wrong-reasons-for-fasting/
Re: Five Wrong Reasons For Fasting by CodeTemplar: 8:55am On Jul 06, 2019
Isaiah 58

(1) (Reply)

The Rapture Is At The Door; Are You Ready??? (video) / David Jeremiah Devotional 8 July 2019 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 18/07/19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.