Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Me And My Articles (july Edition) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Me And My Articles (july Edition) (239 Views)

Urgent!! Opera News Hub Keep Rejecting My Articles, Any Solution? / Me And My Articles (august Edition) / Me And My Articles (june Edition) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Me And My Articles (july Edition) by Abolarin24(m): 8:02am On Jul 06, 2019
Abolarin’s world

Presents

Me and my articles(July Edition)

Titled: SUICIDE (NOT THE PERFECT SOLUTION).

Derived from Latin word “sui caedere”(To kill yourself), is the act of intentionally causing one’s own death and it can either be independent or voluntary. Over the past years now, the rate at which people engage themselves into suicide cannot be over emphasized. Many life’s has been lost through killing of oneself and also causing deep pains in the life of their relatives and friends.

Suicide is been practiced by both old and young, rich and poor, men and women depending on their different state of mind. It as been one of the major ways by which people in the world are dieing, although there are many diseases all over the world that kills faster, but it as been discovered that the rate of suicide is higher than the rate at which some diseases kills.

Suicide is a serious reason for unrest in our present society and this as made many of our religions to go against it and also described it as a sin. The attitudes of people differs towards suicide and self harm, depending on personal pecepectives and culture. In some countries, suicide is still prohibited by law.

And from alot of research been conducted, depression as made alot of people to commit suicide, people are faced with numerous challenges everyday, which seems to be unbearable for them, they look at the environment and see no positive results, some are affected by their finances, marriages, education, loneliness, diseases, individual differences, drug abuse, rape allegations and also the shame of facing the public after a particular incident.

Based on observation, young people tend to engage in suicide ranging from the age of 15 to 24 years and also the second set of people that commit suicide ranges from 40 to 60 years. And also from the research been conducted it is believed that men commit suicide more than women, because they have alot of things to think about and also alot of burden are on them.
People in their ways of committing suicide have various means of eliminating themselves such as
Snipers, Gun shot, Knives, Hanging, Rushing to a railway line or rushing to an on coming vehicle. Etc.

Speaking from the religious aspects, as Christians it is believed that you do not have the right to take your life and also that there is a great suffering for it in heaven.

My advice to who ever is thinking towards the direction of committing suicide is to have a re-think, share your problem to people around you, interact with people on your present situation, visit a counseling psychologist, a therapist, expose yourself to people that can guide you, don’t keep mute while you suffer inside, pray to God for a lasting solutions,stay calm and believe everything is under control, you are not the first person to encounter that problem and so you will not be the last, stay happy and think of the good things life can offer. THANKS.

Writer: Abolarin Ayoola.

https://abolarinsworld.com/me-and-my-articles-july-edition/

(1) (Reply)

Lead City University (lcu) Post Utme/de Screening Form For 2019/2020 Academic Se / Mode Of AAU Post UTME Screening Exercise / “it Is Discriminatory To Expel Pregnant Schoolgirls And Leave The Boys That Impr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.