Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,443 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 - Car Talk (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 (37741 Views)

I Want To Sell My Infiniti G35 2008 Model Asap / My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep / Advise On Buying A Nigerian Used Infiniti G35 (2004) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by dannybrasky(m): 10:37pm On May 22, 2020
MrBuzy:

What does RE5R05A mean.
Jatco transmission built 2002.
5 speed transmission,mostly rear wheel or 4x4.
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by kingreign(m): 10:55pm On May 22, 2020
MrBuzy:

What does RE5R05A mean.

Google it Sir.
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Philadelphia: 11:34pm On May 23, 2020
king406:
HeavenlyBang i have joined you grin. 2013 Infiniti G37x coupe

We're still waiting for the pictures of your G37. How long will it take you to tint the glasses?
Nothing even stops you from sampling before tinting and taking us through the tinting.

Until we see pictures of the G37, all I say is an audio G37.
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by kingreign(m): 2:28am On May 24, 2020
cool
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by king406(m): 3:22am On May 24, 2020
Philadelphia:

We're still waiting for the pictures of your G37. How long will it take you to tint the glasses?
Nothing even stops you from sampling before tinting and taking us through the tinting.

Until we see pictures of the G37, all I say is an audio G37.

you like this car more than me oo grin. Have some sneak peaks, proper pics and review tomorrow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by king406(m): 4:13am On May 24, 2020
Dirty pics sad

1 Like

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Philadelphia: 11:42am On May 24, 2020
king406:
you like this car more than me oo grin. Have some sneak peaks, proper pics and review tomorrow.

Balance us the pictures as the car is still clean o.

Don't wait until the car gets some scratches first before you send the remaining pictures.
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by king406(m): 5:18pm On May 24, 2020
Very High Revving kiss

1 Like

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by king406(m): 5:19pm On May 24, 2020
king406:
Very High Revving kiss

1 Like

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by dannybrasky(m): 5:45pm On May 24, 2020
king406:
Very High Revving kiss
Very beautiful,clean.
Holding the ground with command like a bull dog.

2 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Babadee1900(m): 6:21pm On May 24, 2020
She’s got a sexy A.ss tongue

2 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by nurey(m): 6:46pm On May 24, 2020
king406:
Very High Revving kiss

This car go mad in red or white color. make baba God pick my call make me sef dey change car like Changing girlfriend. But 350Z on my mind

2 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by king406(m): 7:18pm On May 24, 2020
nurey:

This car go mad in red or white color. make baba God pick my call make me sef dey change car like Changing girlfriend. But 350Z on my mind
funny enough i saw both colors first but they were early models. Amen bro! For me, an M56 or Q60 could very much be next
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:21pm On May 24, 2020
king406:
funny enough i saw both colors first but they were early models. Amen bro! For me, an M56 or Q60 could very much be next

One of us, one of us! First taste of the VQ and we've won him over.

The Q60 only comes with the VR turbo engines. Soulless, unreliable engines, only good tuning. Get a 2015 Q50 if you must, you keep the 3.7L with the new design.

1 Like

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by king406(m): 7:40pm On May 24, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

One of us, one of us! First taste of the VQ and we've won him over.

The Q60 only comes with the VR turbo engines. Soulless, unreliable engines, only good tuning. Get a 2015 Q50 if you must, you keep the 3.7L with the new design.
grin very fun cars, apart from E550 and 550i, they will have to do before God bless me with any 2014+ AMG

1 Like

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Philadelphia: 2:12am On May 25, 2020
[quote author=king406 post=89915421][/quote]

Congrats man. Now we can appreciate her more.
Please take care of her

1 Like

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Eddee(m): 10:39am On May 26, 2020
Beautiful coupe - there's no chance in hell my unit won't recieve an impromptu visit from the nice folks at project control, if one of us pulls in on a cool morning, riding in something this ungodly.

Congratulations king406

5 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by king406(m): 1:07pm On May 26, 2020
Eddee:
Beautiful coupe - there's no chance in hell my unit won't recieve an impromptu visit from the nice folks at project control, if one of us pulls in on a cool morning, riding in something this ungodly.

Congratulations king406
thanks!
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:10pm On May 26, 2020
king406:
thanks!

You still never give us review.
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by king406(m): 1:21pm On May 26, 2020
I was driving yesterday, doing around 140kmh and swerving through traffic, enjoying the responsiveness of that VQ engine when suddenly my rear view mirror got blocked off. Someone was tailgating me so close that i didnt know which car it was. I accelerated a bit and what do you know, it is an E90 3 series. I thought it was a 328, normally i’d consider him a waste of time, but he wanted to play and my new car needed to get its first kill, it felt right to break a BMW fans heart. I shifted into sport mode and floored it, he followed suit! Before you know it i’m going past 200kmh and i had gapped him by about 2 car lengths, thats when i knew it was probably a 335. I slowed down to take my exit when he passed by and it was indeed an E90 335i, a worthy opponent. Having owned an E92 335i, these two cars are literally head to head. I dont know which will win. If racing from a dead stop, i think the winner will depend on who got off first. If you guys are interested, i’ll review my experience on the 335i, G37 and IS350.

4 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by king406(m): 1:22pm On May 26, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

You still never give us review.
ok. I’ll do a review and comparison between 335, G37 and IS350.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:42pm On May 26, 2020
king406:
ok. I’ll do a review and comparison between 335, G37 and IS350.

Good man. We waiting.
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by diportivo: 5:49pm On May 26, 2020
king406:
I was driving yesterday, doing around 140kmh and swerving through traffic, enjoying the responsiveness of that VQ engine when suddenly my rear view mirror got blocked off. Someone was tailgating me so close that i didnt know which car it was. I accelerated a bit and what do you know, it is an E90 3 series. I thought it was a 328, normally i’d consider him a waste of time, but he wanted to play and my new car needed to get its first kill, it felt right to break a BMW fans heart. I shifted into sport mode and floored it, he followed suit! Before you know it i’m going past 200kmh and i had gapped him by about 2 car lengths, thats when i knew it was probably a 335. I slowed down to take my exit when he passed by and it was indeed an E90 335i, a worthy opponent. Having owned an E92 335i, these two cars are literally head to head. I dont know which will win. If racing from a dead stop, i think the winner will depend on who got off first. If you guys are interested, i’ll review my experience on the 335i, G37 and IS350.

where do dare devils like you meet fellow dare devils??

I wldnt race anybody as I dey

i too fear sad
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by kingreign(m): 6:20pm On May 26, 2020
king406:
I'm interested

1 Like

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Eddee(m): 6:26pm On May 26, 2020
diportivo:

i too fear sad

Na person wer never see your doings go fall for this story!

5 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:37pm On May 26, 2020
king406:

The 335i would win from a dead stop virtually all the time. Has way more low-end torque. You'll win all the time in a rolling race because the VQHR engines have most of their power at the top end. They need to be revved out.

2 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by kingreign(m): 7:11pm On May 26, 2020
Eddee:

Na person wer never see your doings go fall for this story!

grin grin
Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by Eddee(m): 7:37pm On May 26, 2020
kingreign:

grin grin

Two of una dey the same whatsapp group.

This 350 tried to bait me for a short sprint earlier today, he honked, flashed his lights. A quick glance at my fuel guage and advising myself was very easy, na so I just slow down allow am to carry him wahala go! I bet he was disappointed

2 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by king406(m): 9:55pm On May 26, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

The 335i would win from a dead stop virtually all the time. Has way more low-end torque. You'll win all the time in a rolling race because the VQHR engines have most of their power at the top end. They need to be revved out.
on paper, probably yes. But in real life, i’m not so sure the 335 will win all the time. From my experience, it is not always consistent in performance. On a very hot day, when the car has been pushed so much there’s a drop in performance. I will always criticize BMW for having heating issues with the 335, i know all cars suffer in performance from hot weather, but with turbocharged cars i think it is more noticeable.

2 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by king406(m): 9:56pm On May 26, 2020
diportivo:

i too fear sad
come abj see, all these boys dey form paul walker grin

2 Likes

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by king406(m): 3:34pm On May 27, 2020
Eddee:

Two of una dey the same whatsapp group.

This 350 tried to bait me for a short sprint earlier today, he honked, flashed his lights. A quick glance at my fuel guage and advising myself was very easy, na so I just slow down allow am to carry him wahala go! I bet he was disappointed
which car are you driving? I’d think twice before racing a 350 in traffic.

1 Like

Re: Life And Times Of An Infiniti G35 by king406(m): 3:43pm On May 27, 2020
I will be comparing more of the performance part of Infiniti G37x coupe with its competitors; Lexus IS350 and E92 BMW 335i. Keep in mind that i’ve owned all 3 cars, the G37x being the current. Note that this is all based off of MY experience, not google.

First off, I love the looks of the G37 coupe, not too flashy yet stylish, aggressive stance and perfect ride height. To most people, it could pass as just any other car. But to those who have a slight knowledge about cars, the big round double exhausts and the 3.7 badge is an easy giveaway. If that doesnt do it, the exhaust growl will pass the message that this is not just any other car, but something quite special, and enthusiasts might consider it legendary. Interior is nothing special in todays world, it is just a simple and clean looking dashboard. The G37 is quite a small car with laughable boot space, small leg and head room. At 6’1 i find myself wishing i had more leg room, but it is something i can manage.

Visibility is very good, despite being a coupe. It has good sized side mirrors and there’s nothing obstructing the rear view. The first thing you notice when driving the G37 is the driving position. If you are familiar with german cars, one of the best things about them is the driving position. The steering sits a bit lower than the dashboard and the seats are up-high making you feel in command of the road. The G37 makes me think i’m in a german car, the driving position is just as good. The steering has the perfect weight to it too.

The car has a 3.7 Liter V6 engine with 330hp and 270 torque, mated to a 7 speed transmission that complements the VQ engine. The G37x benefits strongly from its all wheel drive system, you can floor the accelerator from standstill without much of a wheelspin. It definitely feels like a mid 5sec to 60mph car. It has a very short 2nd gear which i think affects the 0-60 time negatively, it needs to shift up to 3rd gear to reach 60mph. If the 2nd gear was longer, we will most likely be looking at a mid to high 4sec car.

As a Mercedes Benz fan at heart, i am saddened and embarrassed Mercedes didn’t join the competition performance wise in this class of vehicles, at least not until 2015 with the C400. And yes, the C400 is faster than the G37, 335i and IS350, maybe even the Audi S4! They came late to the party, but they blew out the competition as usual. grin

Anyway, the G37 FEELS like it is faster than the IS350 and 335i from 0-60mph, it is louder and more aggressive than its counterparts. The story may be different if the Lexus and BMW i had were also all-wheel drive. Nonetheless, it is difficult for me to tell which of these cars is faster to 60mph, i believe it will depend on who takes off first, the slightest difference will give any of them the advantage. However, the Lexus will be dropped by the time they get past 60mph, though not by much, but the competition is really between the G37 and 335i, which i think will be a close call until around 100mph, the BMW will begin to pull away. Things will get more interesting when cutting through traffic, when 0-60 times dont matter, but the responsiveness of the engines, transmission, brakes and handling come into place. In this instance, the 335i is the car to drive without question. When those turbo’s spool, it gets very serious in the 335i and things can quickly get out of hand. Perfect handling gives you every confidence to cut through traffic without worry, the transmission wastes no time in handling business. I believe the Lexus and Infiniti will be closer this time around, the Lexus benefits from its quick shifting transmission (one of the best transmissions i’ve experienced) and also being lighter than the Infiniti. The G37 benefits from its rev-matching feature (it downshifts to the proper gear when braking or coasting to provide instant takeoff when you floor it) but it has much more weight to work with. All Infiniti had to do was to make the G37 at least 100kg lighter and increase the ratio of its 2nd gear to be clearly ahead of the competition. It would be interesting to put these cars head to head, if i were to pick one for life, i’d pick a Mercedes Benz C400! grin grin

CC HeavenlyBang, Kingreign

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

World Car Award 2018: Range Rover Velar Wins World Car Design Of The Year / The 2018 BMW X4 Unveiled – Photos & Video / 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.