Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,010 members, 7,814,447 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion (37574 Views)

Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) / COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon / Oyedepo, The Media And The Power Of Irresponsible Journalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Adexvivacity(m): 9:20pm On Jul 07, 2019
Anas09:

What makes the koran holy? A crimal manual for criminals.

You just said what u were told..... Face your own and lets face our own, Let God be the judge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by budaatum: 9:32pm On Jul 07, 2019
Rowan Atkinson sums up some Christians attitude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGvxx9G0MqY

Just replace "Songs of Praise" for someone pissing on God!

As to the attitude itself,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRwXrcz-F9M
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by budaatum: 9:32pm On Jul 07, 2019
Anas09:

What makes the koran holy? A crimal manual for criminals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRwXrcz-F9M
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Esthered: 9:58pm On Jul 07, 2019
[quote author=Anas09 post=80039966]
You expected a muslims to respect you? Na wa for you o. [/quote
Lol
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Blackblunt: 10:01pm On Jul 07, 2019
Anas09:

Clap for yourself for Willingly choosing Flames for eternity. Bravo.

What do you know about eternity?
Kids everywhere.
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by desiredhome: 10:22pm On Jul 07, 2019
Anas09:

And as far as your are concerned God created material things for Satan's agent. Kontinu

Yes, Covetousness is a sin, but wld you say Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Job, and Solomon were coveteous as they were after wealthier than the men mentioned here.

If Isaac was a Christian today, you for don kill am. A Man who was richer than an entire Country. I guess he was coveteous yeah?

In other words, God didn't create the Worldly things for His Children but for Satan and his boys scout?

In the Genesis after God created everything He said they are good, for our own use it depends on your obedience to those law
Can you compare the life/your Christian practice of today to the days of Abraham, Isaac....as you mentioned?
Abraham and the rest people you mentioned did not become rich by collecting tithe, offering or seeds from his brethren, read the account of Abraham.
The most important commandments (love, patient, contentment, etc) are you practicing that today?
with the way we practice Christianity today, Africa(Nigeria) would've been the best place on earth, but the reverse is the case, does that ring a bell in your ear?
In summary, when you replace material things with God, those things becomes your idol(Mammon) which is the purpose of satan.
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by mozzking: 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2019
budaatum:

You make it sound like pissing on a God book is pissing on God, with no regard that assuming a book is God is itself pissing on God. Or would you not agree that substituting or making my God equivalent to a book is image making and against Gods command not to piss on God?

Religions are the ways of thinking (images) that people adopt, which I see no reason whatsoever to respect. It's like you asking me to respect your opinion on this thread when I would personally desire to respect you as the human being that you are instead of respecting the thoughts inside your head.

By the way, and in case you have not noticed, the expression "you just dont get the point" simply means "you do not see it how I see it", and I don't expect to see a thing how you see a thing because I most definitely don't have eyes that work like yours. Perhaps God has blessed you with more insight than God blessed me, I'd therefore have you consider amongst other considerations.

i get your point, what im saying is if you cant respect ones most sacred ideology{beleifs religion opinion}, dont disrespect it, because constitiutionaly one has the right to his opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by budaatum: 10:45pm On Jul 07, 2019
mozzking:

i get your point, what im saying is if you cant respect ones most sacred ideology{beleifs religion opinion}, dont disrespect it, because constitiutionaly one has the right to his opinion
Saying "dont disrespect it" is like God telling Adam and Eve not to eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Surely, if Adam and Eve can piss on God's commandments we should expect the human beings who came after to do the same and even more.

I do not agree that any "ideology, beliefs, religion or opinion" are sacred as it stops some "ideology, beliefs, religion or opinion" to be investigated or challenged. Imagine if we could not challenge the once sacred ideology of some to bash in the heads of twins, or marry the underaged or sell we blacks as slaves!

My Bible has it written in it that I should love my neighbour and love my God, and don't worship images created by human beings, which, unless the belief is one's Bible dropped off the printing press of God who art in heaven, does not include my Bible.
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Anas09: 7:29am On Jul 08, 2019
Adexvivacity:

You just said what u were told..... Face your own and lets face our own, Let God be the judge.
What I was told? You mean the killings you guys do the koran didn't command you to kill? Wld you like me to post koranic verses which mandates you muslims to kill Christians and Jews?
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Adexvivacity(m): 12:03pm On Jul 08, 2019
Anas09:

What I was told? You mean the killings you guys do the koran didn't command you to kill? Wld you like me to post koranic verses which mandates you muslims to kill Christians and Jews?

And would u like me to post bible verses which mandate Christians to kill infidels as well?

Mumu
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Anas09: 2:15pm On Jul 08, 2019
Adexvivacity:

And would u like me to post bible verses which mandate Christians to kill infidels as well?

Mumu
Yes, by all means post them?
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Adexvivacity(m): 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2019
Anas09:

Yes, by all means post them?

Luke, Chapter 19 verse 27 Jesus says, “but those enemies of mine who do not want me to reign over them, bring them here, and kill them in front of me.”

Deuteronomy 13:

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known,
7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other),
8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them.
9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people.
10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt.

You only listen to your pastors, you dont read your bible. Am not condemning bible but when hatred is used to peruse a book, many non existing errors will be found but Al Quran is more than a book, it has only one version.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by Anas09: 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2019
Adexvivacity:

Luke, Chapter 19 verse 27 Jesus says, “but those enemies of mine who do not want me to reign over them, bring them here, and kill them in front of me.”

Deuteronomy 13:

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known,
7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other),
8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them.
9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people.
10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt.

You only listen to your pastors, you dont read your bible. Am not condemning bible but when hatred is used to peruse a book, many non existing errors will be found but Al Quran is more than a book, it has only one version.
And how many people were brought to Jesus and which means did Jesus employ to kill these enemies?

1 Like

Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by budaatum: 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2019
SEENTALK:
This present COZA saga has led to lose of jobs for some people. One of the most widely read newspaper - The Punch, has removed some people over an offensive cartoon published in the newspaper last Thursday titled "What does Mrs Fatoyinbo know". The article was illustrated with a cartoon of a man desecrating the Holy Bible with urine.

https://www.nairaland.com/5291854/coza-man-urinating-bible-punch#80106264
Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by TommyAnthem(m): 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2019
Better than what Islam stands for, I'd rather go joking than go killing.
dtruth50:
Christianity is just a religion of joke.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion by TommyAnthem(m): 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2019
Senior ODE, where they planting churches there, where they converting the locals, the answer is no. what they are doing in those places is just to smoke out terrorists from their safe havens. Incident at Pakistan where Osama bin laden was taken down is an example.
sulasa07:

Abegi Ode,who invaded Afghanistan,Iraq,Syria,Libya and is trying to invade Iran with flumsy Excuses as we speak.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) / Zimbabwean Bedridden After Fasting For God To Give Him Lamborghini For His Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.