Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Time For A Nairaland Upgrade - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Time For A Nairaland Upgrade (1340 Views)

How I Built A Nairaland Web Scraper / A Nairaland Design Upgrade Concept / School Management System-SMS (version 1.7) Upgrade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Time For A Nairaland Upgrade by neyop85(m): 9:43pm On Jul 06, 2019
Hello all,

Before Twitter there was Nairaland, before Instagram there was Nairaland, before Snapchat and most social media platforms there was Nairaland. What I do not understand is why Nairaland headed by Seun Oshawa has refused to upgrade their platform.

No doubt, Nairaland is a great forum, once I pick up my phone, the first thing I do in the morning is visit this forum and last thing I do before bed time is visit this forum. Why can't Seun upgrade this platform to a world class platform?

Once you follow a member you should be able to keep tabs with their activity, Nairaland follow option is just there as decoration.

Threads you have started cannot be deleted, it stays on your profile for life. I don't think its very cool, members should be able to dictate what or what not should be in their profile.

The interface is as boring as hell, still the same since day one.

The idea behind this forum is fantastic and way beyond its time when it was created, this platform should have advanced way beyond this level. Non Nigerians should have been talking about this platform by now if only Seun has been taking research and development seriously.

I am very sure I'm not the only one who holds this views. So Lalasticalala, Seun and other mods, please do the needful by pushing this thread to front page, let's see what people have to say. Who knows, you might just get new ideas that will grow this forum even more.

Pardon my grammar.
Re: Time For A Nairaland Upgrade by EkemOha: 4:56am On May 17, 2020
neyop85:
Hello all,

Before Twitter there was Nairaland, before Instagram there was Nairaland, before Snapchat and most social media platforms there was Nairaland. What I do not understand is why Nairaland headed by Seun Oshawa has refused to upgrade their platform.

No doubt, Nairaland is a great forum, once I pick up my phone, the first thing I do in the morning is visit this forum and last thing I do before bed time is visit this forum. Why can't Seun upgrade this platform to a world class platform?

Once you follow a member you should be able to keep tabs with their activity, Nairaland follow option is just there as decoration.

Threads you have started cannot be deleted, it stays on your profile for life. I don't think its very cool, members should be able to dictate what or what not should be in their profile.

The interface is as boring as hell, still the same since day one.

The idea behind this forum is fantastic and way beyond its time when it was created, this platform should have advanced way beyond this level. Non Nigerians should have been talking about this platform by now if only Seun has been taking research and development seriously.

I am very sure I'm not the only one who holds this views. So Lalasticalala, Seun and other mods, please do the needful by pushing this thread to front page, let's see what people have to say. Who knows, you might just get new ideas that will grow this forum even more.

Pardon my grammar.

Do the Developers limit things like this from being seen? also why has no one else at this point tried
Re: Time For A Nairaland Upgrade by mrsirval: 2:52pm On May 17, 2020
Oshawa!
By the way, you have a point but the interface was redesigned recently. Is that not an update? Well, we really need something new shaa
Re: Time For A Nairaland Upgrade by spartan117(m): 9:20pm On May 17, 2020
Who knows what technology(s) was used to build nairaland?
Re: Time For A Nairaland Upgrade by Seun(m): 11:42pm On May 17, 2020
I really appreciate your ideas and suggestions. They are very helpful.

4 Likes 7 Shares

(1)

"Understanding Chat Gpt: A Beginner's Guide To This AI Technology" / Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) / What Is The Most Important It Certification Required In It Industries In Niaja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.