Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award (55356 Views)

Ronaldo Thanks Cavani For Giving Him His Man Utd No 7 Shirt / AFCON 2019: Samuel Chukwueze Poses With His Man Of The Match Award / Ahmed Musa Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by KfashionHubb: 7:08am On Jul 07, 2019
Love you ighalo
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by Tiffbuxas: 7:09am On Jul 07, 2019
majamajic:

Madagascar will not qualify for quarter final, and super eagles will win South Africa easily than Egypt ,
ok oo
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by brugge007(m): 7:28am On Jul 07, 2019
GodSaklek:
I have been saying it and I will repeat it, South Africa are most organized team in the tournaments, I have been watching their game for a long time, they have a solid defefence, and fast attack,they will beat super eagle if eagle play the way they played against Madagascar and Cameroon.. I don't expect anyone to underestimate them,they are very dangerous,don't forget that they defeated super eagle in quallifers at home here in Nigeria,if u compare their performance against Egypt and our performance against Cameroon, u will realise that South Africa teams are better than us, beside, I don't trust our defence with the way its shaken,they conceded 4 goals in two matches,oyinbos wall has been broken,
PERPHAPS YOU DIDNT SEE ALL THOSE CLEAR CUT CHANCES EGYPT MISSED...TREZEGUET FUMBLED ALOT IN THAT MATCH...SOUTH AFRICA WERE JUST LUCKY....THEIR DEFENCE IS CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU DESCRIBED UP THERE...GO WATCH THE MATCH BROTHER B4 YOU COMMENT.

4 Likes

Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by TundeeednuT: 7:33am On Jul 07, 2019
shankara7:
I have stopped watching Nigerian Matches a long time ago.
I thought I'm the only one, I don't even know the name of coach.

Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by saasala(m): 7:35am On Jul 07, 2019
GodSaklek:
, it's not by a strongest bro, South African team doesn't have a strongest strikers, even if ighalo must start, I still prefer osimehen and onyekuru than onuhachu

Walai tala, you get sense.
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by GodSaklek(m): 7:42am On Jul 07, 2019
bigiyaro:
Mr analysis, did you expect a team that never conceded any goal in this tournament to chop 3 goals in a single match? the defending champs for that matter, or did u expect a team that struggled to score only 2 goals in 3 matches with lowly rated teams to 3 score goals against a defensive disciplined team? am sure u never expected South Africa to beat the host.

Stop seeing it that way,Cameroon are too poor since seedorf take over in 2018,I will remind u of this message after Wednesday match, and hope u don't forgot how Nigeria find it difficult to defeat Madagascar
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by GodSaklek(m): 7:43am On Jul 07, 2019
brugge007:
PERPHAPS YOU DIDNT SEE ALL THOSE CLEAR CUT CHANCES EGYPT MISSED...TREZEGUET FUMBLED ALOT IN THAT MATCH...SOUTH AFRICA WERE JUST LUCKY....THEIR DEFENCE IS CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU DESCRIBED UP THERE...GO WATCH THE MATCH BROTHER B4 YOU COMMENT.

Will remind u of this after Wednesday match
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by Mogajunior(m): 7:44am On Jul 07, 2019
Ayoleeboy007:
after one good match next two match na rubbish he go play. congrats anyway
Don't always be negative. 2 goals and 1 assist is really commendable.

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by princfred(m): 7:50am On Jul 07, 2019
Congratulations to Ighalo.
Again he did better in the second half. He is a second half player. He has improved his game tremendously by drifting into mid field to help make play hence the assist.
Next is to improve his positioning by geting himslef in front of defenders like Drogba when crosses fly in from the wings instead of trying to do a poacher like Lukaku by hanging out behind defenders an approach bound fail if opponent defenders are good.

Awaiziam really did a great job helping attack and stil falling back quick- an unsong hero.

Now the team should concentrate on not wasting energy in training (light warn up should suffice ) they need to conserve strenght to play on wednesday.

2 Likes

Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by princfred(m): 8:02am On Jul 07, 2019
juvewalex:
Our coach sucks with his team selections, if we crash out of the tournament the blames should solely be on the coach . Awazien is not even cutting it as full back . The dude can't attack or defend like Aina on the other side ,I know Sheu Abdulahi is injured but the coach needs to put someone else there.
aina who the Cameroonians later found out to be the weakest part of the defence hence their persistent pressing from his side vs Awaiziem who kept joining attack and at thesame time had to deal with one of the best Cameronian players.
Guy, drink coffee before typing na.

4 Likes

Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by Stormyweather(m): 8:11am On Jul 07, 2019
princfred:
aina who the Cameroonians later found out to be the weakest part of the defence hence their continues pressing from his side vs Awaiziem who kept joining attack and hadvto deal with ine of the best Cameronian playersm
Guy drink coffee before typing na.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't know much about how football works. Awaziem is one of the major reasons we didn't concede more than two against Madagascar and against Cameroon. It was even his cross that worked the pass for the second goal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by german01(m): 8:12am On Jul 07, 2019
aluma:
E try but on no acct must the coach use that dogoyaro that guy is so so useless

He is not useless because you are not a footballer that's why you don't understand. He was in bench for about 85 minutes...what do you expect him to do.
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by damkin24(m): 8:31am On Jul 07, 2019
Ayoleeboy007:
after one good match next two match na rubbish he go play. congrats anyway
Appreciate this good performance first
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by chrisxxx(m): 8:33am On Jul 07, 2019
GodSaklek:
, it's not by a strongest bro, South African team doesn't have a strongest strikers, even if ighalo must start, I still prefer osimehen and onyekuru than onuhachu
Onuachu is a good player. I think his problem is stage fright or village people. Go to YouTube and see yourself.
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by naturalwaves: 8:34am On Jul 07, 2019
german01:

He is not useless because you are not a footballer that's why you don't understand. He was in bench for about 85 minutes...what do you expect him to do.
I was so furious when the coach removed Ighalo because of his physical presence. The Dongoyaro guy was more than useless..... He lacked ambition and focus, he just came in and could not even run to pressurize the keeper nor defenders when passing..... very lazy and sluggish player..... aerial ability too is zero, ball control..... very poor..... Passing, terrible!
I think he is one of those guys that was forced on the coach by the powers that be. How can someone get in at 85th minute and not be sharp. Smh. He was also looking so clueless. After the match, I had to start googling him to read more as I wondered where he was brought from.
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by unapologetic147: 8:39am On Jul 07, 2019
Sydney17:
OP, your English dey confuse me o! meanwhile, why is this coach putting Chukwueze on the bench? why is he not using Onyekuru? those two guys were our best players in Europe after Ndidi last season! if you good enough to play regularly in La Liga against the biggest boys, I wonder why you can't make an average Super eagle team
bro u vomited my mind
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by Reference(m): 8:48am On Jul 07, 2019
Eliteklaus:
are you sure is not the back of television that you're watching? Egypt played a terrible game and that doesn't mean South Africa was exceptional

I totally agree. Egypt was just terrible yesterday. One thing you don't expect from an Egyptian team playing at home is nerves. They couldn't even string three passes together. Very strange.
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by Eaglernorwich(m): 8:49am On Jul 07, 2019
Sydney17:
OP, your English dey confuse me o! meanwhile, why is this coach putting Chukwueze on the bench? why is he not using Onyekuru? those two guys were our best players in Europe after Ndidi last season! if you good enough to play regularly in La Liga against the biggest boys, I wonder why you can't make an average Super eagle team
instead he brought Moses simon who play rubish throughout d game but was later replace by chukueze
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by Chukalemon(m): 8:52am On Jul 07, 2019
Hope he wins the highest goalscorer.on a good day you can bank on him ighalo.
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by naturalwaves: 8:52am On Jul 07, 2019
Ighalo is your typical no 9 standard, strong striker with a killer instinct. He has mastered how to get the job done with just 1 strike and less ball control. The only thing he needs to do more is to pick his spot earlier and observe the keeper's positioning before his strikes. He almost scored a 3rd goal but because he didn't look, he played the ball to the keeper whereas, more than half of the near post was empty and he could have easily played the ball there had he looked up. Also, whenever he is being man marked, he needs to get out of the defence and leave the defenders alone and go build up play from the midfield.

Simon is no longer the guy I used to know, his dribbling is now so bad and he failed to keep fit as he is a bit out of shape... his shots are not good enough too. He is stronger than Chukwueze but Chukwueze is a better player as he can manouvre better.

Etebo is no longer as physically fit as he used to be. His speed is also terrible as players came from behind to get the ball from him when going forward a couple of times. He also needs to work on his passes and a good awareness of his environment before receiving the ball.

Omeruos's greatest weakness is his inability to judge aerial balls correctly. He does not know where exactly the ball will land when played from afar and usually unable to take position on time and react; it cost us against Argentina at the world cup and made Cameroon score again. Trust Ekong was not so solid aerially as well. Our players need to train more on aerial defence and aerial challenges. Omeruo tried as he used his last leg to save a supposedly deadly attack at one time.

Awazien was a very solid pillar.

2 Likes

Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by ChidoskiBOZ(m): 8:56am On Jul 07, 2019
He actually played fine....I felt his presence yesterday on like dat other long one... what's his name again gan...congrats ighalo
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by Lordjb: 9:21am On Jul 07, 2019
Nice one, he really deserves it
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by etrange: 9:51am On Jul 07, 2019
shankara7:
I have stopped watching Nigerian Matches a long time ago.

You were never a sportsman else you'd have known it's for better and for worse.
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by etrange: 9:52am On Jul 07, 2019
mannycrown:
His stars shined again yesterday! He's been a good player though, just that some days are not like yesterday.lol

That's sports for you...
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by etrange: 9:53am On Jul 07, 2019
GodSaklek:
I have been saying it and I will repeat it, South Africa are most organized team in the tournaments, I have been watching their game for a long time, they have a solid defefence, and fast attack,they will beat super eagle if they play the way they played against Madagascar and Cameroon, especially our defenders.. I don't expect anyone to underestimate them,they are very dangerous,don't forget that they defeated super eagle in quallifers at home here in Nigeria,if u compare their performance against Egypt and our performance against Cameroon, u will realise that South Africa teams are better than us, beside, I don't trust our defence with the way its shaken,they conceded 4 goals in two matches,oyinbos wall has been broken,

Lol... Such negativity always comes before each match. But it's fine, it only serves to motivate.
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by handsomeyinka(m): 10:18am On Jul 07, 2019
GodSaklek:
I have been saying it and I will repeat it, South Africa are most organized team in the tournaments, I have been watching their game for a long time, they have a solid defefence, and fast attack,they will beat super eagle if they play the way they played against Madagascar and Cameroon, especially our defenders.. I don't expect anyone to underestimate them,they are very dangerous,don't forget that they defeated super eagle in quallifers at home here in Nigeria,if u compare their performance against Egypt and our performance against Cameroon, u will realise that South Africa teams are better than us, beside, I don't trust our defence with the way its shaken,they conceded 4 goals in two matches,oyinbos wall has been broken,
Fearless....We will win them...
On Wednesday, they will be called banana banana once our monkey have finish eating them
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:57am On Jul 07, 2019
juvewalex:
Our coach sucks with his team selections, if we crash out of the tournament the blames should solely be on the coach . Awazien is not even cutting it as full back . The dude can't attack or defend like Aina on the other side ,I know Sheu Abdulahi is injured but the coach needs to put someone else there.
man shehu and jamilu are injured...awazien is trying well... mind u he is not a natural full back...that's why the coach starts Simon to help out in defense...
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:58am On Jul 07, 2019
majamajic:

Madagascar will not qualify for quarter final, and super eagles will win South Africa easily than Egypt ,
South Africa is not easy man I would have preferred the Egyptians
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by arrestdarrester: 11:04am On Jul 07, 2019
GodSaklek:

It is evident you are still learning when it comes to analysis.

The Super Eagles trounced a team that kept a clean sheet through the group stages.

Super Eagles put 3 goals past a team that had arguably the best goalkeeper in the tournament.

Super Eagles trounced the defending champions.

And all these mean nothing to your analysis?

Oh! I understand you're still a learner. Did you watch Egypt's opening match? What was spectacular about their play?

You said the South Africans beat us here in Nigeria during the qualifiers. Right. The question is, why couldn't they beat us in their own home ground in the return leg if they were that good and consistent?

European teams always worry when they are to play the Super Eagles. They worry for one reason: the Nigerians don't allow you play your game, they suck you into theirs and break your rhythm even when they have no rhythm. The boysboys play like the Europeans.

Wait for it, you will see this same South Africans looking for their rhythm when they meet the Super Eagles.

We got their numbers bro.

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by mamatwiny(f): 11:28am On Jul 07, 2019
Sydney17:

Football is a team work. It is possible his best doesn't come out while playing with this very team. The coach must have seem his performance in the team during their practice.
Re: Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award by mamatwiny(f): 11:47am On Jul 07, 2019
chrisxxx:

Onuachu is a good player. I think his problem is stage fright or village people. Go to YouTube and see yourself.

Hahaha.
Village ppl again? It seems they use 4G

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vincent Enyeama Back Home, Trains With His Wife / Super Eagles Players Camp In Poland (Photos) / Zlatan Ibrahimovic Grabs His Joystick, Responds To Fan Critics After MLS Game (P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.