Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World (4590 Views)

Pregnant Woman Rejected By Cameronian Hospital,Operated By Her Niece In Open Air / Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles / Man Born With His Heart In His Abdomen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by AloyEmeka5: 3:55am On Oct 10, 2010
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by Nobody: 4:40am On Oct 10, 2010
so so touchy. . . .thanks for sharing.

He's got such a supportive wife and wonderful family. I pray he receives perfect healing!
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by Nobody: 4:51am On Oct 10, 2010
wow. So there are marriages like these that can withstand so much pain and still stand strong. Kinda reassuring that all is not lost really and there are still mature, responsible adults left out there. Okeke's wife deserves a huge pat on the back. Looks to me like she's mixed American . . . naija-american marriages do work afterall.
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by spikedcylinder: 5:13am On Oct 10, 2010
Touching story.
How will he perform many functions with that bag he carries around all the time though? Like taking a shower? Nawa o.
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by sms4health: 9:43am On Oct 10, 2010
God bless him and others who have supported and helped him.

We all need miracles in our lives - big and small.
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by AloyEmeka5: 11:20am On Oct 10, 2010
davidylan:

wow. So there are marriages like these that can withstand so much pain and still stand strong. Kinda reassuring that all is not lost really and there are still mature, responsible adults left out there. Okeke's wife deserves a huge pat on the back. Looks to me like she's mixed American . . . naija-american marriages do work afterall.

My thoughts too. The media will never emphasis on marriages like this as an example of pure love and perseverance.
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by namfav(m): 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2010
proud to be nigerian
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by Ranoscky(m): 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2010
Wish him well, and kudos to the wife and family !!!
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by oludashmi(f): 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2010
This is beautiful, lovely development. I am happy for him and his family smiley
A thought jump in me now "that I hope this is not an experiment like Micheal Jackson's" undecided
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by Youngichou(m): 1:04pm On Oct 11, 2010
And so?
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by monkeyleg: 1:14pm On Oct 11, 2010
remarkable. I wish him well
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by tdough: 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2010
hey ya, but all for the better, so happy for him
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by mallorca(m): 1:45pm On Oct 11, 2010
Congratulation to you and your family
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by mallorca(m): 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2010
Congratulation to you and your family
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by pku(f): 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2010
God! This kinda made me shed tears - tears of joy for the guy, his young family, the medical team, most of all -
God Almighty for knowledge and faithfulness.
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by oluite(f): 3:24pm On Oct 11, 2010
I was so touched,Thanks for sharing.I see strength,perseverance,support and so much love.I love the medical team for thinking creatively.
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by mojounited(m): 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2010
Iron Man - The Movie . . . this time, it turns out to be the real thingy. God'll surely see him through

@davidylan,
seconded! Okeke's wife is a dream woman for every man (errrh well, most men).
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by pauloman(m): 5:04pm On Oct 11, 2010
this is so amazing and incredible, !!!!
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by angrynaija: 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2010
what an amazing story. the marvel of medical technology. this is only going to get better, how a huge machine has literally been transformed into a back-pack device. it won't be long before this becomes hand-held.
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 11, 2010
Life is precious.thanks for sharing cry
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by Iyineda(m): 9:29pm On Oct 11, 2010
The title is supposed to read "American Man", not Nigerian. Just saying. u_u

Nonetheless, great leap in technology. Kudos to the scientists and good luck to Mr. Okeke.
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by Ivynwa(f): 11:26pm On Oct 11, 2010
Glory to God!
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by Sissy3(f): 11:29pm On Oct 11, 2010
Iyineda:

The title is supposed to read "American Man", not Nigerian. Just saying. u_u

even if he doesnt have our Ogbono+egusi accent he is still Okeke and Okeke is Nigerian. so the title is correct

@OP

good for him and his strong family. hope he finally gets the transplant
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by code007: 11:43pm On Oct 11, 2010
If he travels to Nigeria, how will he charge his battery always, lol
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by Sissy3(f): 11:57pm On Oct 11, 2010
^^^

generator or extra battery nko?
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 11, 2010
he'll use an inverter!
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 12, 2010
he'll use an inverter! Please see www.blablabla.com for more details <<bonanza going on at the moment
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by AloyEmeka5: 3:36am On Oct 12, 2010
~Sissy~:

^^^

That one no be problem. The real yawaah will be walking around with a back-pack. Alaye go snatch the thing sharp sharp thing that better dollar full inside not knowing they will be snatching his heart.
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by Nobody: 3:43am On Oct 12, 2010
namfav:

proud to be nigerian
Because of an artificial heart? undecided

~Sissy~:

^^^

Aloy+Emeka:

That one no be problem. The real yawaah will be walking around with a back-pack. Alaye go snatch the thing sharp sharp thing that better dollar full inside not knowing they will be snatching his heart.

ROTFL!
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by oyinda3(f): 6:05am On Oct 12, 2010
what a misleading topic title.
he is the first in the[i] US[/i] to receive a portable battery operated heart. and it's part of a clinical trial.

~Sissy~:

good for him and his strong family. hope he finally gets the transplant

I hope so too.
artificial heart transplants have very high mortality rate associated with it.
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by spikedcylinder: 6:21am On Oct 12, 2010
I doubt that he can make such long distance travels anyway.
Re: Nigerian Man Receives First Battery Operated Heart In The World by oluite(f): 3:20pm On Oct 12, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Very funny and sadly true!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shaving Down There - What Do You Use? / Anti Malaria Solution / Where Can I Get Iboga Plant/ibogaine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.