Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Facebook Or Fakebook? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Facebook Or Fakebook? (8881 Views)

Where Do U Spend More Time? Facebook Or Nairaland? / Is Omotola Giving Out To Her Friend On Facebook,or Is It A Scam. / Which Is The Most Addictive: Twitter, Facebook Or Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by MissyB3(f): 1:08pm On Oct 12, 2010
Sagamite:

One of the core reasons why I refused to join the shyt called Facebook.
Not even if I sent you a special invite?  wink

rokiatu:

And why are you taking the world headache and putting it on your head? People can do whatever the hell they want its their lives
True!

Kx:

My issue with some peeps on FB is that they just add u because u are dia friend's friend without knowing u. Its crazy i think.
It actually is.
To think I don't know more than half of my Fb ''friends'' but to be civil, I accept requests.

Another annoying thing is the marriage proposal mails. Like, WTF! Do you know me? Imagine how many ladies would get the same mail from the same dude.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2010
It is people who have no money that know all the stingy people in the area

Don't call people fake simply because you have a complex about your own social standing
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by Akuviv: 1:16pm On Oct 12, 2010
@Poster Please practice what you preach. Is that really you in your profile picture? Fake indeed! angry angry
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by Akuviv: 1:25pm On Oct 12, 2010
JEWELAN Your profile picture contradicts everything you just said on this thread.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by r231(m): 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2010
Akuviv:

@Poster Please practice what you preach. Is that really you in your profile picture? Fake indeed! angry angry

grin grin grin
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by flammen(m): 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2010
@Poster, it's still a free country, my brother,
let people live their lives the way they want it, it's a choice if you wanna live a fake live, guess those people know that thyey can't fool themselves, even if you fool everybody.
Nuff said.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by Amhatu(m): 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2010
I believe ,naijapals.com also nairaland is far better than facebook. cool
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by Orikinla(m): 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2010
Alice Mathias has already highlighted the pretentious profiles and posts of  "The Fakebook Generation" on the New York Times since 2007.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/06/opinion/06mathias.html?_r=1

I know a particular young Nigerian gal whose Facebook page is used to lie and lure ignorant "friends" to patronize her. And she is not alone.
Then a Nigerian guy has three different Facebook accounts and in the matrix of 500, 000, 000 people on Facebook, you should expect the same characteristics of the human species, the good, the not so good, the bad, the not so bad, the ugly and the beautiful ones among the lunatic fringe elements.

O tempora, O mores!
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by steroid: 1:45pm On Oct 12, 2010
@ OP

Anyone criticizing FB based on it being fake, must be having serious

LOW-SELF ESTEEM.

Probably, your invites have been ignored on several occasions.

Pls work on your self.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by Sagamite(m): 1:47pm On Oct 12, 2010
Missy ★ B:

Not even if I sent you a special invite?  wink

[Starts to have a laboured breath]

[Sweat is breaking down his face]

[Types facebook.com into address bar of browser]
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by yme1(f): 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2010
LOL @post cheesy cheesy
many F-bookers take it to be show off zone undecided

my FB pic where all taken in the bathroom me nor send anybody o grin grin

Another annoying thing is the marriage proposal mails. Like, WTF! Do you know me? Imagine how many ladies would get the same mail from the same dude.
that pisses me off too coupled with millions undying love mssgs been sent to my inbox
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by KokoBeware: 1:55pm On Oct 12, 2010
Na wa ooo, if u think its is fake simply close your account or better still add only your real friends and ignore the fake peoples invite, F.B has done a lot in making the world a global village, u get to meet tons of old friends and new ones tooo, and please the fake thing es not peculiar to Nigerians,
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by sayso: 2:08pm On Oct 12, 2010
KokoBeware:

Na wa ooo, if u think its is fake simply close your account or better still add only your real friends and ignore the fake peoples invite, F.B has done a lot in making the world a global village, u get to meet tons of old friends and new ones tooo, and please the fake thing es not peculiar to Nigerians,
no the internet has made the world a global village.Just for the records.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by qoam(f): 2:17pm On Oct 12, 2010
Dr.Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is also on facebook, so, it is better u go report to him of ur headache
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by nairapark: 2:32pm On Oct 12, 2010
Poster, there is nothing bad in what you are complaining about.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by omega25red(m): 2:34pm On Oct 12, 2010
OP

Who are you to judge people and what they choose to post on FB it is their bussiness. If you dont have nothing to contribute then just log off it's not by force.
For those people posting fake stuff on FB you have to live with the lies you tell
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by SALady(f): 2:40pm On Oct 12, 2010
@Poster Shuuuuuu thank you for saying this. I thought perhaps I was the only who see this point about facebook and that's why I withdrew my account.

I'll stick to e-mails when I travel informing people that matter of my whereabouts. I am sorry but I find facebook is absolute madness. I mean one's emotions have been reduced to s status box, what in th eworld is that. Again is it by force that people should take pictures to tell us of the posh places they've been to. Its almost like a competition and a big prize is at stake.

Cheezy very cheezy

Nairalanders you rock anytime
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by kokoye(m): 2:43pm On Oct 12, 2010
Akuviv:

Gbam!

Please close this thread.

The OP is obviously ugly and beefing everyone else. Facebook is global and she's singling out Nigerians because some profiles have shown her how terrible her own life is. Be happy for others so your life will be better too.

If you cant stand seeing other people happy (fake or not), move on and proceed with what makes you happy. But dont run down other people. Not by force.

And then she goes on to use a fake profile picture!!  

Ugly and fake.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by John93(m): 2:56pm On Oct 12, 2010
It all depends on what you do and not what others do. Since the owner of Facebook did not plan it for fake things,the people who do godly and reasonable things are justified.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by drone99(m): 3:10pm On Oct 12, 2010
This is one of the reasons why they say Nigerians are backward. What is your own if people take pictures and upload on the website?

Nigerians are too beef tasty.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by spicyhoney(f): 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2010
Its facebook abeg and there's nothing like fake book, its only people like the OP that post fake things on FB.

There is nothing wrong with posting your very best pictures on FB after all when you are going to a party you try to look your best and besides most of your friends on Fb are people you know in real life so, why would  youyou be forming what you are not in real when they know.

Me, ve got very sweet pictures of myself on Fb and just this morning,' i felt like looking natural and so i posted a picture of my face without make up on.

Facebook has got lots of advantages than disadvantages, i have reunited with lots of friends that if not for fb i wouldn't have been able to and also made cool new ones. I keep up with my peeps and even met cousins i didn't know existed before not to talk of the opportunity of chatting real time with my peeps abroad.

If you are real and mingle with real people, then its facebook for you but if otherwise; then its Fakebook for u. However, there those that tell lies especially on their status but its quite minimal compared to the truthful ones. lipsrsealed
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by cold(m): 3:24pm On Oct 12, 2010
What is the problem here?It's all a matter of choice,i never heard of anybody being dragged to join FB against his/her will.Why is the op splitting hairs over nothing.People have found long lost friends,made biz connections & have gotten jobs thru FB.
If peeps decide to flaunt their looks, cars, houses etc on the site it's their funeral & not yours so why get your underwear in a knot    
Furthermore like someone posited,why not practice what you preach (@op).You put up a model's pix to bolster your low self esteem which must have resulted from your ugly looks.It's nobody's fault you turned out the way you did just take it in your stride.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by jaybee3(m): 3:33pm On Oct 12, 2010
kokoye:

Gbam!

Please close this thread.

The OP is obviously ugly and beefing everyone else. Facebook is global and she's singling out Nigerians because some profiles have shown her how terrible her own life is. Be happy for others so your life will be better too.

If you cant stand seeing other people happy (fake or not), move on and proceed with what makes you happy. But dont run down other people. Not by force.

And then she goes on to use a fake profile picture!!

Ugly and fake.
GBAM
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by makajibbz(m): 3:52pm On Oct 12, 2010
jay bee:

GBAM

GBAM grin
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by kokoye(m): 4:01pm On Oct 12, 2010
jay bee:

GBAM
makajibbz:

GBAM grin

GBAM grin grin
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by OboBoco(f): 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2010
Facebook OR fakebook,
it all depends on what you want it to be
if you have true and real friends, it could be facebook, and if you live a fake life and pretend to be what you are not
then it can be fake book to you.
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by kokoye(m): 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2010
steroid:

@ OP

Anyone criticizing FB based on it being fake, must be having serious

LOW-SELF ESTEEM.

Probably, your invites have been ignored on several occasions.

Pls work on your self.

GBAM GBAM GBAM GBAM GBAM GBAM GBAM
grin
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by TAOKEN(m): 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2010
Dnt get obsesd abt it, its just like a rule,
1.get a phone
2.get opera
3.strait 2 facebook,
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by abbey621(m): 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2010
@poster- you seriously need 2 wake up and realize that you are in the 21st century, the age of deception and trickery, nothing is as it should be. Firstly, why facebook? We have hundreds of sites in which people claim to be what they're not and I'm not just talking about nigerians. e.g myspace, hi5, yahoo messenger, and so many others. People havea right to do whatever they want, don't tell me you've never applied make up to your face or pose in a seductive manner or do things in order for you to look better for your friends/fans. Just wake up and stop antagonizing people, if you look closely, you'll see that even in the advanced countries, people claim what they are not,
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by kokoye(m): 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2010
^^^

Her profile picture is fakegrin
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by JewElan(f): 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2010
@princek12 Ansarudeen?? Hahahaahahaaa
@reality101 heheheeee aren't u my egbon in the school of fools??

i wonder why it took me so long to join NL!  the perfect site for arguements! :-), Just joined and i'm in love with the site already!!
Re: Facebook Or Fakebook? by thegame3: 4:37pm On Oct 12, 2010
[b][/b] no one is forced to do anything online. its a matter of choice. so accept the trend or trade against it. Shikenah!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Has A Vehicle Ever Splashed Water On You On The Road? / Singer Niniola Nude Picture 18+ / How Do I Delete A Previous Post Or Comment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.